Hello to everyone. It's been a long time since my last post, and I don't know if this is the right forum section to post this request. If it belongs to another forum, please be so kind as to move it there.
Hopefully, my petless days are closer to an end, so I need some input from experts, and not programmed selectors, to help me choose my future adopted cat.
I come from a dog background, but my dog was a peculiar one: a six year old retired show Rottweiler (female). I was the only person in the house with whom she bonded (which is a no brainer, since I was two years old and the dog was a "She"). Even with me she was very laid back. Not aloof, just dignified and a bit reserved. She was kind with me but in a very cool, gentle way. And of course, she was very well behaved.
And I really liked, and still like, that kind of character in a pet. I've realized that I'm both a Cat and a Dog Person. So I've spent hours and hours researching and trying to figure out which cat breed would be a good fit for me. Basically I'd love to adopt:
- A cat that likes to interact with the owner, but would be fine with some time alone too.
- A cat with a "middle of the road" temperament.
- A healthy and hardy breed.
- Hair lenght, patterns and shedding are not an issue.
- I'm not a terribly active person. I like to spend some time reading or watching TV, and have the cat besides me, or nearby.
- Preferably, it should be a breed that tolerates, at least, dogs.
So I'm basically trying to decide which of the following friends I will bring home one day (in no particular order):
Norwegian Forest Cat.
Any comment or suggestion will be very much appreciated. Thank you very much.