TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Anything you are dreading in the next week?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anything you are dreading in the next week?

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
Anything coming up that you are dreading?


I have to bring Abby to the vet for her annual exam tomorrow. Last time her kidney values were inching towards borderline. frown.gif

It's also rumored to be "layoff week" where my husband works. frown.gif
post #2 of 27

Besides more :frusty: at work? Maybe just the happy hour planned after a workshop the employee resource group I'm involved with is having next week. I prefer a quiet evening with the cats than shmoozing at a bar with other people who are drinking and making small talk.

post #3 of 27

Link has a follow up on Saturday. I am dreading it because I am really getting tired of going to the vet but I am also hopeful for good results and no more visits. 

 

Work is slow so I am semi-dreading a quiet week of boredom at work. 

post #4 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbysMom View Post

Anything coming up that you are dreading?


I have to bring Abby to the vet for her annual exam tomorrow. Last time her kidney values were inching towards borderline. frown.gif

It's also rumored to be "layoff week" where my husband works. frown.gif

I empathize with the cat part. We cancelled both of our cats yearlies due to poor weather this past weekend. We bring them in next Saturday.  Really hoping Casper has remained in remission from his diabetes and, that both of their teeth are on ok condition.  Last 2 yearlies we wound up with them both having to have teeth pulled.

 

Sorry to hear about layoff week, ugh, the stress of that must be huge :sigh:

post #5 of 27

I'm supposed to be hosting a smallish party for DD this Saturday.  I'm still hacking and on an antibiotic (bronchitis), my Christmas tree is still up and I have very little desire to clean house.  I managed to get laundry going (because we were down to the last bath towel and the last dish towel!) and reload the dishwasher; but I think I'm about done for a while.  I haven't been sleeping much unless I take some night time cold meds and I barely left my bed this weekend.  DH has been a trooper.  Working and handling dinner, taking charge of the kids, etc. but he works so much there is only so much house-prep he can do before Saturday.  Unfortunately I don't think we can reschedule this one unless I'm really not feeling better and I better be by then!!

post #6 of 27

Oh boy.  Good luck with the kitty appointments, all, and I hope you feel better soon, @MoochNNoodles !  

 

I dread more rain!  We got inundated this weekend here and even got some water damage in the house (not too bad, thankfully) which has never happened before.  We're getting a break in the weather today but there's supposed to be more tomorrow.  

post #7 of 27

I have to call the IRS and I'm dreading it.  The actual conversations are fine but the wait times until you reach an agent are legendary.  Even that's not so bad.  You can play computer games or groom a cat or something.  

 

It's the same old scratchy versions of Sleeping Beauty and the Nutcracker Suite that they play over and over and over and over again until you'd rather just go to court or pay the check or file the return or forgo the deduction or whatever it is they want. :argh:  

post #8 of 27

I have to take Freya, my feisty feral with the itching/hair loss problem to the vet again tomorrow. I'm sure she knows. She's sitting at the highest point of the Kitty Highway giving me stink eye right now.

 

The kindergarten class I teach starts again on Thursday. They'll all be full of beans after the winter break and there's too much snow around to take them to the park. Little kids are way scarier than feral cats.

 

:paranoid:

post #9 of 27
More ice and snow, especially ice.
post #10 of 27

My birthday is next week. I am not turning 25.  Boo on that. eviltongue.gif dunce.gif

post #11 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat0121 View Post
 

My birthday is next week. I am not turning 25.  Boo on that. eviltongue.gif dunce.gif

 

Don't worry.  Only one more year and you'll get there!  :D

post #12 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margd View Post
 

 

Don't worry.  Only one more year and you'll get there!  :D

I'll go with that! :clap:

 

 

The fact that DD will be 22 in March is irrelevant.....  jive.gif 

post #13 of 27

Yikes! Many many hugs! Well wishes for your little fur munchkin and for your spouse! grouphug2.gif

 

 

 

 


Nothing really dreading-worthy waiting for me this time around, thankfully, other then bills :lol3: 

post #14 of 27

I have a preliminary appointment for spine surgery tomorrow, and I'm dreading it. Not because of having the surgery, but because I'm afraid they will turn me down. I'm not in a lot of pain right now because I've been taking it easy due to my knee sprain and because I manage the pain with Celebrex and Tylenol. The truth is I can't bend over because of pain, can't go up or down stairs, can't walk further than to the mailbox, and can't make it through the grocery store without sitting down. (Where do you sit down in the grocery store? On the refrigerated displays, of course.) If I weren't taking the meds, I would be in agony and using my cane all the time.

 

I'll have to tell them all that. Makes me feel better just to talk about it.

post #15 of 27

I am down with the flu, courtesy of Dear Richard. I was supposed to take a stress--echo test tomorrow morning, but there's no way I can take it. Not the way I feel. I just re-scheduled the test now for next Friday. Believe me, I would have rather done the test tomorrow and gotten the results back. Now I have to wait.

post #16 of 27
Thread Starter 
Sending a round of vibes.gif for all of us!
post #17 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norachan View Post
 

 

The kindergarten class I teach starts again on Thursday. They'll all be full of beans after the winter break and there's too much snow around to take them to the park. Little kids are way scarier than feral cats.

 

:paranoid:

As a mom of kids round about that age who haven't been able to play outside for more than 20 minutes here and there....I agree they are scarier than feral cats! :lol3:  I had to be real stern our first day back to school.  

 

I hope your feeling better Pam! @Winchester 

 

This bronchitis cannot leave soon enough.  :nod:  I am a little better.  Enough to get through our day.  But DH still has to help with more than usual at night.  

 

I'm still dreading the prep for DD's party.  Getting laundry done has been an accomplishment this week.  And its not all folded. :lol3:

post #18 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerRose View Post
 

I have a preliminary appointment for spine surgery tomorrow, and I'm dreading it. Not because of having the surgery, but because I'm afraid they will turn me down. I'm not in a lot of pain right now because I've been taking it easy due to my knee sprain and because I manage the pain with Celebrex and Tylenol. The truth is I can't bend over because of pain, can't go up or down stairs, can't walk further than to the mailbox, and can't make it through the grocery store without sitting down. (Where do you sit down in the grocery store? On the refrigerated displays, of course.) If I weren't taking the meds, I would be in agony and using my cane all the time.

 

I'll have to tell them all that. Makes me feel better just to talk about it.

I'm wondering....would you be able to use a walker for the time being? If you knew somebody who had a walker and could borrow it, you could sit on the walker to rest while you're at the store. My mother got to the point where that's what she did.

 

Thank you for the good wishes everybody! I hope we're all feeling better soon.....kitties and humans alike. :vibes:

post #19 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester View Post
 

I'm wondering....would you be able to use a walker for the time being? If you knew somebody who had a walker and could borrow it, you could sit on the walker to rest while you're at the store. My mother got to the point where that's what she did.

 

Thank you for the good wishes everybody! I hope we're all feeling better soon.....kitties and humans alike. :vibes:

I've got a special cane with a seat on it that I do use sometimes, but not at the grocery store. It's too much stuff to worry with. This week, I went sooner and bought less so I could get in and out quickly. That worked really well, and I'm going to continue it.

 

I had my appointment for the surgery today, and it went well. I have to go for a MRI, and then will talk to the surgeon and schedule the surgery. They promise me it will get rid of the pain.

post #20 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerRose View Post
 

I've got a special cane with a seat on it that I do use sometimes, but not at the grocery store. It's too much stuff to worry with. This week, I went sooner and bought less so I could get in and out quickly. That worked really well, and I'm going to continue it.

 

I had my appointment for the surgery today, and it went well. I have to go for a MRI, and then will talk to the surgeon and schedule the surgery. They promise me it will get rid of the pain.

 

It sounds like you'll be able to have the surgery after all. That's great news.   :nod:

 

 

I'm dreading reading the news.   

post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margd View Post

It sounds like you'll be able to have the surgery after all. That's great news.   agree.gif


I'm dreading reading the news.   

I was too. So glad that addendum to Trump's security briefing turned out to be an advisory on disinformation. I'm thankful there is no constitutional crisis on the horizon.
post #22 of 27

the presidential inauguration.

post #23 of 27

I'm feeling overwhelmed by the upcoming week.  It may not sound like much to some people, but I'm off work on disability and my life has tended to be quiet, and I make it so that I usually have a day in between activity/outings.   Not this coming week.

Saturday:  I'm expecting someone to come and pick-up an old television.  I bought a large screen for the living room and the 42 inch one is going in my bedroom, so I'm giving the 33 inch one away.  I've had 3 other people express interest and said they would come get it, but none of them showed up.  Tomorrow could end up being a wasted day.

Sunday:  I have to go pick up a prescription and get some groceries.

Monday: I have to go pick up my CPAP supplies and I'm meeting a friend for lunch.   I don't drive and use a shared ride service for the disabled, and while it's handy, it isn't always convenient.  A 2 hour excursion often ends up being a 5 hour ordeal when you factor in travel time and wait time because sometimes they pick you up an hour earlier or later than you want.  In November a 10 minute doctor appointment ended up being 5 hours and 10 minutes. I was only at the doctors office a total of 30 minutes.

Tuesday: I'm having my handy man come over and unpack and set up my large screen TV and he's going to fix my bed frame.  The movers didn't attach the centre support bar on the bed frame and since I moved here I've felt like I've been sleeping in a gully. My bed is so uncomfortable.  The other day I dropped something and it rolled under the bed and while I was trying to fish it out, I discovered the centre support bar sitting on the floor under my bed. Completely detached.  I saw what looked like screw marks around the holes on the bar, but there are no screws under the bed.  So they took it off at the old place, likely lost the screws and didn't bother attaching it here.  No wonder my bed has been sagging and creaking.  I also have to go to the vets and pick up cat food.

 

Wednesday:  I'm expecting people to come and remove my old love seat and take it either for recycling or to the dump. Not sure what they're going to do with it. The frame is good, but the cats have scratched up the leather pretty badly on the sides and back.  Plus there are some rips in the cushions.  I have to give the living room carpet a good vacuuming.

Thursday: I'm expecting delivery of my new sofa. This one in the same colour:


I don't think I have anything going on on Friday...at least I hope I don't.

Tonight I'm working on sorting out my office/storage room.  It's a disaster and I can't even stand to spend anytime in it because it is so chaotically cluttered. So I am rarely on my computer these days. All I do is check email once every couple of days.

post #24 of 27
Haven't been "connecting" with anyone in my new courses in college so I've mostly been sitting by myself and feeling depressed about not fitting in.
post #25 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca View Post
 

I'm feeling overwhelmed by the upcoming week.  It may not sound like much to some people, but I'm off work on disability and my life has tended to be quiet, and I make it so that I usually have a day in between activity/outings.   Not this coming week.

Saturday:  I'm expecting someone to come and pick-up an old television.  I bought a large screen for the living room and the 42 inch one is going in my bedroom, so I'm giving the 33 inch one away.  I've had 3 other people express interest and said they would come get it, but none of them showed up.  Tomorrow could end up being a wasted day.

Sunday:  I have to go pick up a prescription and get some groceries.

Monday: I have to go pick up my CPAP supplies and I'm meeting a friend for lunch.   I don't drive and use a shared ride service for the disabled, and while it's handy, it isn't always convenient.  A 2 hour excursion often ends up being a 5 hour ordeal when you factor in travel time and wait time because sometimes they pick you up an hour earlier or later than you want.  In November a 10 minute doctor appointment ended up being 5 hours and 10 minutes. I was only at the doctors office a total of 30 minutes.

Tuesday: I'm having my handy man come over and unpack and set up my large screen TV and he's going to fix my bed frame.  The movers didn't attach the centre support bar on the bed frame and since I moved here I've felt like I've been sleeping in a gully. My bed is so uncomfortable.  The other day I dropped something and it rolled under the bed and while I was trying to fish it out, I discovered the centre support bar sitting on the floor under my bed. Completely detached.  I saw what looked like screw marks around the holes on the bar, but there are no screws under the bed.  So they took it off at the old place, likely lost the screws and didn't bother attaching it here.  No wonder my bed has been sagging and creaking.  I also have to go to the vets and pick up cat food.

 

Wednesday:  I'm expecting people to come and remove my old love seat and take it either for recycling or to the dump. Not sure what they're going to do with it. The frame is good, but the cats have scratched up the leather pretty badly on the sides and back.  Plus there are some rips in the cushions.  I have to give the living room carpet a good vacuuming.

Thursday: I'm expecting delivery of my new sofa. This one in the same colour:


I don't think I have anything going on on Friday...at least I hope I don't.

Tonight I'm working on sorting out my office/storage room.  It's a disaster and I can't even stand to spend anytime in it because it is so chaotically cluttered. So I am rarely on my computer these days. All I do is check email once every couple of days.

 

 

I completely understand this.  :catguy: Just think how beautiful your place is going to look when the coming week is finally over, though!  

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful-Lily View Post

Haven't been "connecting" with anyone in my new courses in college so I've mostly been sitting by myself and feeling depressed about not fitting in.

 

That's no fun.   Hope things get better. cross.gif

 

 

I'm still dreading the news.  Smiley surprised 005.gif

post #26 of 27

We had some flooding from the heavy rains last weekend and need to replace the carpet in one room.  We'll go look for replacement carpet today but I dread having it installed.  We've got some large and heavy pieces of furniture in that room that will have to be moved and it's going to be quite a project.  On the up side, the carpet we have is old and it will be neat to have something new.  :nod:

post #27 of 27
Thank you, Margd. I'm determined to make new week better. I don't want the confidence I worked so hard to build to plumit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Anything you are dreading in the next week?