TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › What's something good that happened in the last 24 hours? - 2017
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What's something good that happened in the last 24 hours? - 2017 - Page 4

post #91 of 118
I finally decided to not listen to my parents and seek help. I joined an online support group and will be starting therapy in June/July.
post #92 of 118
 
Originally Posted by Graceful-Lily View Post

I finally decided to not listen to my parents and seek help. I joined an online support group and will be starting therapy in June/July.

 

   Good for you, hope the group is helpful and supportive.  I wish you the best of luck. Please keep in touch. :bigthumb:

post #93 of 118
I love this thread! And I know it's been a while since anyone posted but ... gratitude daily gives happy hearts. smile.gif

Im thankful that I got to share a really special place with a group of friends today. ❤️
post #94 of 118

I got a box of books from a dear friend, with a birthday care enclosed.  The card contained a cash gift, and it was JUST the amount I needed to get my daybed for my front room!  I had some saved, but thought I'd have to wait another month!  SO EXCITED!  So...tomorrow, the actual birthday, I shall begin reading.  The bed will wait until our maintenance man can take me to the store.  He has a pick-up truck, and a willing heart.

post #95 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamanyt1953 View Post

I got a box of books from a dear friend, with a birthday care enclosed.  The card contained a cash gift, and it was JUST the amount I needed to get my daybed for my front room!  I had some saved, but thought I'd have to wait another month!  SO EXCITED!  So...tomorrow, the actual birthday, I shall begin reading.  The bed will wait until our maintenance man can take me to the store.  He has a pick-up truck, and a willing heart.

Won't be online tomorrow so will wish you a Happy Birthday now! 🎂🍰🍾🍸🥂🍹
post #96 of 118
 
Originally Posted by Mamanyt1953 View Post
 So...tomorrow, the actual birthday, I shall begin reading.  

 

   Happy Early Birthday - celebrate in style! :beerpals:

post #97 of 118

@Mamanyt1953 Happy birthday!!! 

post #98 of 118

Thanks, @Neely and @Lakedweller520 I shall spend the day up to my nose in books, happy as a clam!

post #99 of 118
Thread Starter 
My husband was able to repair an expensive piece of electronics for $60 instead of buying a new one! 26.gif
post #100 of 118

My cold has finally let off so I can breathe out of my nose without sneezing and runny nose...oh the simple things in life!!

post #101 of 118

A BUMBLEBEE!  One of life's tiny miracles.  It hovered in front of my face while I talked to it (oh stop laughing, I talk to bees, but NOT flies).  Spring is here.

post #102 of 118

We went to the Chicagoland Pet Expo and brought a bunch of singles to donate to all our favorite rescue groups plus a little extra for some of the new ones too!  DH got smothered by an adorable bulldog in the kissing booth, lol. :bigwink:  And I saw my first Minuet cat, also known as a Napoleon cat. cool.gif

post #103 of 118

JUST got off of the phone with Spectrum (used to be Time-Warner Cable).  Tomorrow they are sending a repairman out with a new modem, so I won't be having to crawl around rebooting the dratted thing EVERY SINGLE DAY!

post #104 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamanyt1953 View Post
 

JUST got off of the phone with Spectrum (used to be Time-Warner Cable).  Tomorrow they are sending a repairman out with a new modem, so I won't be having to crawl around rebooting the dratted thing EVERY SINGLE DAY!


I have Spectrum at home too...that used to be Time-Warner...I've had much better service since they've been purchased by Spectrum.  Of course that could change tomorrow, but I've noticed many improvements over what we had!

post #105 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbunny View Post
 


I have Spectrum at home too...that used to be Time-Warner...I've had much better service since they've been purchased by Spectrum.  Of course that could change tomorrow, but I've noticed many improvements over what we had!

Considering that when I had an equipment issue with TW and asked for assistance, they told me that I could mail it back and they would send another (I raised holy heck, and a guy came a week later with a new one) and that when I called Spectrum the tech support man immediately set up an appointment for tomorrow, I'm thrilled!

post #106 of 118
Thread Starter 
My finally got my taxes done and I'm getting back some of the estimated taxes I paid. smile.gif
post #107 of 118
I got clobbered hard right in the eye yesterday at work by one of our special needs boys ... that's not good. What has been good is the support I've gotten from sources I didn't expect. I'm blessed by that. Still don't like that I got smacked but love that I'm not alone in this journey.
post #108 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakedweller520 View Post

I got clobbered hard right in the eye yesterday at work by one of our special needs boys ... that's not good. What has been good is the support I've gotten from sources I didn't expect. I'm blessed by that. Still don't like that I got smacked but love that I'm not alone in this journey.


Do you work in special educ. too?  I've been clobbered in the nose and hit in the face several times, all in a day's work. ;)  We have a wonderful support network at school also.  Hope you are feeling better and can dodge the student next time.:alright: 

post #109 of 118

I got my daybed for the front room, AND the electric drill/driver to put it together!  

post #110 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely View Post
 


Do you work in special educ. too?  I've been clobbered in the nose and hit in the face several times, all in a day's work. ;)  We have a wonderful support network at school also.  Hope you are feeling better and can dodge the student next time.:alright: 


Neely, thanks for asking!  I do at the moment....three boys with autism and down's syndrome.  It's my first time working with special needs - and it is temporary.  I'm actually there until I'm able to go work with at risk teens as a missionary.  

 

I understand - from a lady I work with - that this is just a part of what I'm doing but holy crow!  I think I need to be paid hazardous duty pay or something!  :bigwink:  Working on my dodging skills even now.  :lol3:  

 

Blessings and respect to you for doing a job not many can. :heart4:

post #111 of 118


@Mamanyt1953  WOOT!!!! :jump:

post #112 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakedweller520 View Post
 


Neely, thanks for asking!  I do at the moment....three boys with autism and down's syndrome.  It's my first time working with special needs - and it is temporary.  I'm actually there until I'm able to go work with at risk teens as a missionary.  

 

I understand - from a lady I work with - that this is just a part of what I'm doing but holy crow!  I think I need to be paid hazardous duty pay or something!  :bigwink:  Working on my dodging skills even now.  :lol3:  

 

Blessings and respect to you for doing a job not many can. :heart4:


Are you trained in CPI, (crisis prevention intervention)?  All our teachers are CPI trained but sometimes the unpredictable happens. ;)

post #113 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely View Post
 


Are you trained in CPI, (crisis prevention intervention)?  All our teachers are CPI trained but sometimes the unpredictable happens. ;)


Not CPI trained or certified. We don't do ANY physical restraint. It's generally not needed ever - verbal coaching and redirection works wonders for our guys, who are all mid-to-high level functioning. Two are down's syndrome/autistic and one of them is down's syndrome and relies on sign language for communication.  

 

And yesterday is inexplicable - the attack was unprovoked and the first time for me from him.  We're unsure if it was a bid for attention (our focus was on another student) or the result of hormonal surges due to puberty (he's 13/14) or a combination of both.  He seems to have a knack for knowing when the moment is 'ripe' tho....lol.  I certainly learned a WHOLE lot from this experience.  :D  

post #114 of 118

In our program CPI is only used when absolutely necessary and sometimes for the safety of another student who is the intended target but the school district requires us to be certified.  We always look for the antecedent in any situation which it  sounds like you did given the attention seeking behavior.  I could talk all day about the ups and downs and different experiences I've encountered over the years.  Bless you for your patience and understanding, it goes a long way. hugs.gif 

post #115 of 118
@Neely thank YOU! You've been a blessing to me today. Hugs 😘
post #116 of 118

Spectrum cable came out today and replaced a worn something or other on my building.  Apparently, I will no longer have to reboot my modem several times a day, and I won't have to restart my tv several times a day as well.  This is good, indeed!

post #117 of 118

I got the weekend off. It's been 3 weeks straight. I am ready for some ME time.

post #118 of 118

WOW...I just opened the box for the daybed and am THRILLED!  All of the parts are here and in good order (they included a checklist for me), and the instructions are VERY clear and simple.  I CAN DO THIS!  Actually, I can do it tomorrow.  I have some small projects to finish today, and Hekitty has taken over the box for now.  BUT...my projects for today are VERY doable, so that's a wonderful thing, too!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › What's something good that happened in the last 24 hours? - 2017