TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? - 2017
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? - 2017 - Page 10

post #271 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely View Post
 


I hope you can do any necessary errands today and spend tomorrow hunkered down with your sweet boy, Artie. :heart3:  It sounds like the east coast is really getting slammed with bad weather.  Take care of yourself. hugs.gif


I honestly have absolutely nothing that i have to do or get... I could get some more yogurt, but I do not have to go today., I have enough to last and some oatmeal for breakfast, when the yogurt runs out...

 

Looking out, I see the rain is mixing with some snow.. it is funny, the rain is coming down sideways and the snow is straight down...very fine...I guess we are right on the border...

post #272 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CatOverTheLine View Post
 

 

 

I'm in the same general area as Lily - Olcott Beach, New York, actually, up on Lake Ontario's south shore  - and although it's a trifle cool here today (22ºF), it's brilliantly clear and sunny, with absolutely zero snow cover.  Two years ago today, we had sixty inches of snow cover, and the mercury was dropping toward -20ºF, where it remained for three days.  Here, 22 degrees and no snow is called, "early Spring."

.

Hiya Hbunny and 1cat!

 

I work in Amherst.. and live in Lancaster.. it is pretty.. winter has not been bad at all this year.. :wavey: I could handle a bit of Tennessee  temp bout now.. i bet Olcott Beach is pretty too.. we r used to it right?  We have wonderful sweater and coat collections!!!

post #273 of 545

We went from drought to deluge here on the CA Central Coast.  Now everything's green and we have a few days of sunshine and mid-60F temps predicted before the next rain comes in.  

 

So beautiful yesterday. 

 

post #274 of 545

this storm has been a dud ... the weather forecasters have been wrong. I guess the storm formed more out to sea and spared us...

 

We only got 4.8 inches in the city next to us.. but it seems like only about 3 inches on my balcony.. very fine snow barely falling down... 

 

it is 30 degrees..

post #275 of 545

- 1   snow still melting rain expected to wash it all away :jump:

post #276 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily Paddy View Post
 

Hiya Hbunny and 1cat!

 

I work in Amherst.. and live in Lancaster.. it is pretty.. winter has not been bad at all this year.. :wavey: I could handle a bit of Tennessee  temp bout now.. i bet Olcott Beach is pretty too.. we r used to it right?  We have wonderful sweater and coat collections!!!

 

 

Lily - this has been our mildest Winter since 2006 !  We haven't even had an 88 inch snowfall yet.

 

;)

 

We did have a couple of inches overnight up this way, but it's already trying to climb over freezing, and the week ahead looks more like Spring than the dead of Winter.

 

.

post #277 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artiemom View Post
 

this storm has been a dud ... the weather forecasters have been wrong. I guess the storm formed more out to sea and spared us...

 

We only got 4.8 inches in the city next to us.. but it seems like only about 3 inches on my balcony.. very fine snow barely falling down... 

 

it is 30 degrees..

 

 

So much for a supposed blizzard some forecasters were calling for rolleyes02.gif The sun is out and it's not snowing. Hopefully the streets and sidewalks are somewhat cleared by now. Probably will still have to climb over the huge snowbank at the back of the complex :sigh: 

post #278 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by betsygee View Post
 

We went from drought to deluge here on the CA Central Coast.  Now everything's green and we have a few days of sunshine and mid-60F temps predicted before the next rain comes in.  

 

So beautiful yesterday. 

 

 

 

Betsy - fabulous photos.  If that's your back yard, I am really jealous !

 

.

post #279 of 545

For those who do not have any snow:

 

From the 2nd bedroom window... icicles and all...

 

post #280 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CatOverTheLine View Post

 

Betsy - fabulous photos.  If that's your back yard, I am really jealous !

 

.

 

Wouldn't that be a fabulous back yard!  eekyellow.gif    It isn't far, though.  About an hour north of where I live.  We were driving home from Palo Alto yesterday, stopped to stretch our legs and enjoy the beautiful view.

post #281 of 545
we got plenty of snow. about 14" after the wrap around bands of snow otherwise it would have been 10". This was a dud but the wind is so very cold. It was too cold for me to shovel the deck. winds around 25mph. Work called off until 11:30.Which doesn't make sense. Why bother at all?? I'm not going to drive an hour just to stay for almost 4 hours. I suppose they may have let me stay later but once it's dark out then it's hard to see. Brrr! Even Honeybee didn't want anything to do with outside.
post #282 of 545

tonight's low is forecast to be 19 degrees F, and it's currently (at 11pm EST) 25 degrees F. however, on saturday will start a 6 day (possibly more, just not forecast beyond 2/23 at this point) 'heat wave' here in the low 50's and (mostly) 40's!

post #283 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickNsnicks2mom View Post
 

tonight's low is forecast to be 19 degrees F, and it's currently (at 11pm EST) 25 degrees F. however, on saturday will start a 6 day (possibly more, just not forecast beyond 2/23 at this point) 'heat wave' here in the low 50's and (mostly) 40's!

 

Same forecast for western New York State; we're still waiting for Winter.

.

post #284 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CatOverTheLine View Post
 

 

Same forecast for western New York State; we're still waiting for Winter.

.

 

it's actually been 3, maybe 4, years now that we've had generally mild-ish winters -- for here in northern NY State. how about you, in western NY State -- the same there?

 

i'll tell you though, it's still plenty cold enough for me.

post #285 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickNsnicks2mom View Post
 

 

it's actually been 3, maybe 4, years now that we've had generally mild-ish winters -- for here in northern NY State. how about you, in western NY State -- the same there?

 

i'll tell you though, it's still plenty cold enough for me.

 

 

2015's February was pretty Wintry here, with a couple of lake effect storms and a few days of -20º air temps and -40º wind chill factors.

 

How far north are you - Watertown north or Plattsburgh north?

 

.

post #286 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CatOverTheLine View Post
 

 

 

2015's February was pretty Wintry here, with a couple of lake effect storms and a few days of -20º air temps and -40º wind chill factors.

 

How far north are you - Watertown north or Plattsburgh north?

 

.

 

i'm between rochester and syracuse, spitting distance from lake ontario.

 

ahhh! that reminded me, a couple (?) winters ago i heard about 8 feet of snow in buffalo area, while here we got no more than 2-ish feet. i remember hearing that quite a few people had had heart attacks while shoveling snow in the buffalo area -- a good reminder not to overdo it when shoveling snow. then there was the year that my water feed line to the toilet froze. i caught it early, so it wasn't frozen solid yet. the plumber put heat tape on that line, so it won't freeze again.

post #287 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickNsnicks2mom View Post
 

 

i'm between rochester and syracuse, spitting distance from lake ontario.

 

ahhh! that reminded me, a couple (?) winters ago i heard about 8 feet of snow in buffalo area, while here we got no more than 2-ish feet. i remember hearing that quite a few people had had heart attacks while shoveling snow in the buffalo area -- a good reminder not to overdo it when shoveling snow. then there was the year that my water feed line to the toilet froze. i caught it early, so it wasn't frozen solid yet. the plumber put heat tape on that line, so it won't freeze again.

 

I'm in Olcott Beach - between Buffalo and Rochester, on the River, six tenths of a mile from Lake Ontario.  Yep - that was quite a little snow squall - 84 inches in Buffalo and 88 inches here on the lake shore - the second time in my Life I've seen 7 foot plus storms in a 24 hour period.  Still better than the far end of the lake though - Tug Hill gets storms like that in July.

 

;)

 

.

post #288 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CatOverTheLine View Post
 

 

I'm in Olcott Beach - between Buffalo and Rochester, on the River, six tenths of a mile from Lake Ontario.  Yep - that was quite a little snow squall - 84 inches in Buffalo and 88 inches here on the lake shore - the second time in my Life I've seen 7 foot plus storms in a 24 hour period.  Still better than the far end of the lake though - Tug Hill gets storms like that in July.

 

;)

 

.

 

i've only ever seen a storm with that much snow once, and that was when i was a very young kid living just outside of Albany (NY).

 

my area is an agricultural area, many (many) apple orchards and some fields of corn grown for ethanol. there are lots of rolling small hills, which seems to make it good conditions for it to be snowing in areas surrounding us but the snow can miss us here. we get a lot of lake effect snow here too, and the coolest fog.

post #289 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickNsnicks2mom View Post
 

 

i've only ever seen a storm with that much snow once, and that was when i was a very young kid living just outside of Albany (NY).

 

 

 

 

We're about the same age then; that was undoubtedly the storm I recalled as the other instance.   If you can remember snow on July 4th, then we're.... well, never mind - at least one of us is old.

 

;)

 

.

post #290 of 545

I'm not sure of the temperature, but this is one of Georgia's "Blessing Days" that happen in February, sunny and warm (somewhere around 70 I think, warmer in the sun) so I am working outside, fixing the fence, cutting bamboo, and hauling in 40 lb bags of Equine Pine (what I use for litter), wearing shorts and a tank top.  Not staying here on the computer, as addicting as TCS is.

post #291 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Top Rescue View Post
 

I'm not sure of the temperature, but this is one of Georgia's "Blessing Days" that happen in February, sunny and warm (somewhere around 70 I think, warmer in the sun) so I am working outside, fixing the fence, cutting bamboo, and hauling in 40 lb bags of Equine Pine (what I use for litter), wearing shorts and a tank top.  Not staying here on the computer, as addicting as TCS is.

 

Wow, that sounds nice.  It isn't cold here, about 60F, but it's raining again.  We had another big storm come in and there are power outages all over the Central Coast.  It's out here too but luckily we have a back up generator so we've still got lights.  :nod:

 

I don't know how many thousands are affected, but this looks like a pretty big area.  

 

post #292 of 545

it was cold out this morning..i think 20. the sun is out but the wind is from the north and just bitter.

post #293 of 545

Haven't been here for a while. RAIN  and more RAIN! Almost 3 inches of rain since it started about 3 hours ago. It's all over the Weather Channel and we usually don't have "weather", just  "climate", so for California to be on the Weather Channel is really something, It's in the 50s, there are flash flood warnings and also mud slide warnings, so far not too bad but the ground is so soaked that any more rain will make us float out into the ocean. There are two more storms waiting for us off the coast, there has been more rain than in the last 6 years, we welcome the rain just not so much at this rate, nice and slow is what we would like to fill up the reservoirs, lakes and aquifers. There has also been a lot of wind so that the rain was whipping against the windows.  Although where I live there are embankments and lots of hilly terrain it has all been planted with trees and bushes over 50 years ago so the terrain is quite stable. There is probably a river running down the middle of the underground garage again but that is banked where it will run out into the street. A while ago I looked out and the water on the street was as high as the curb and the wind was whipping it so much that it looked like surf.

post #294 of 545

Chicago broke a 137 year old record today, it was in the mid-60's.  Forecast for the remainder of the weekend also in the 60's.  I know it won't last but I have to enjoy basking in the warmth while I can. :) 

post #295 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely View Post
 

Chicago broke a 137 year old record today, it was in the mid-60's.  Forecast for the remainder of the weekend also in the 60's.  I know it won't last but I have to enjoy basking in the warmth while I can. :) 

 

 

Ssssshhhhhhh.... We're at GHD+15 - that means the Spring is only 33 days away !

 

;)

 

.

post #296 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by segelkatt View Post

Haven't been here for a while. RAIN  and more RAIN! Almost 3 inches of rain since it started about 3 hours ago. It's all over the Weather Channel and we usually don't have "weather", just  "climate", so for California to be on the Weather Channel is really something, It's in the 50s, there are flash flood warnings and also mud slide warnings, so far not too bad but the ground is so soaked that any more rain will make us float out into the ocean. There are two more storms waiting for us off the coast, there has been more rain than in the last 6 years, we welcome the rain just not so much at this rate, nice and slow is what we would like to fill up the reservoirs, lakes and aquifers. There has also been a lot of wind so that the rain was whipping against the windows.  Although where I live there are embankments and lots of hilly terrain it has all been planted with trees and bushes over 50 years ago so the terrain is quite stable. There is probably a river running down the middle of the underground garage again but that is banked where it will run out into the street. A while ago I looked out and the water on the street was as high as the curb and the wind was whipping it so much that it looked like surf.

It's been crazy in California! Here on the Central coast, we've had lots of rain and high winds, which means lots of trees going down, which means power outages and road closures. 85000+ people without power today in Monterey County. Major freeways shut down because of trees down. Rain was supposed to end mid-afternoon here and be heading your way, @segelkatt but it's almost 10 p.m. here and still raining. eek.gif
post #297 of 545

27 degrees right now, but we are to get up to 62 degrees! Can you imagine?! 62 degrees and calm in central PA in the middle of February! I will take it! :clap:

post #298 of 545

36 degrees, sunny, with it going up to 50 degrees today and tomorrow!!!  In Boston!!

post #299 of 545
It has been in the '60s every day this week! eek.gif Really unusual for February. But I'll keep it biggrin.gif. It's supposed to stay this warm until Wednesday and then something unpleasant will blow through. Hopefully it won't last long though.
post #300 of 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by betsygee View Post


It's been crazy in California! Here on the Central coast, we've had lots of rain and high winds, which means lots of trees going down, which means power outages and road closures. 85000+ people without power today in Monterey County. Major freeways shut down because of trees down. Rain was supposed to end mid-afternoon here and be heading your way, @segelkatt but it's almost 10 p.m. here and still raining. eek.gif

It started to rain about 4 pm and I don't know when it stopped as I went to bed at 9 with an aching shoulder. The wind was howling through every crack, it even made the wrought iron bannister sing, very weird low humming. They say there were 150 mph winds going through the pass called the Grapevine which is north of LA going towards Bakersfield and later "died down"  to 100 mph. That's still too darn high wind and I always worry about my son in weather like that because he drives a big rig. This morning no rain but I just heard that from Huntington Beach south it is already raining again at the beach which will come farther inland shortly. There is huge surf, they say as high as 14 feet which would be a sight to see but I'm staying home. There is more rain forecast for Monday through Wednesday. Temp is barely up to 50F and with the dampness and wind it always seems so much colder. We don't have clothes for weather like that!   I'm staying in with a book and my fur babies.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? - 2017