Chocolate is dangerous for cats and dogs, because of the chemical inside chocolate, it makes the animals crave it because of the strong scent it carries for them. They will not stop when they have chocolate before them, it is like a compulsion.
Chances are the chocolate stars were milk chocolate, and there was probably a major belly ache for the dog. It is semi-sweet and dark chocolate that is the most toxic, bordering on poison depending on how much is inhaled.
PLEASE JUST KEEP ALL CHOCOLATE AWAY FROM PETS why take the chance that the chocolate is safe or not? Just keep all of it away.