or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help!!

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Please help. My eight month old kitten Autumn chases my six year old cat and bites her. I've never seen blood from it but it hurts Holly. Autumn has lots of toys so it can't be that. My kitten Cocoa used to do it too. I thought it was a boy kitty thing. Any ideas?
post #2 of 10
You need to actively play with the kitten and give her a way to burn off her excess energy. Interactive play with something like a laser or a toy on a strong will help. Do this a few times a day until she is really tired out and panting.
post #3 of 10

Also give Holly a way to escape, like a high perch or safe box to go into. Try to clear away areas of ambush which might mean blocking off places your kitten likes to hide (if it likes to do that). 

post #4 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingpeanut View Post

You need to actively play with the kitten and give her a way to burn off her excess energy. Interactive play with something like a laser or a toy on a strong will help. Do this a few times a day until she is really tired out and panting.


I do play with Autumn. A lot
post #5 of 10
What do you do when you play with her?
post #6 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingpeanut View Post

What do you do when you play with her?


She has jingle balls that we play fetch with and a large kicker we also play fetch with. I sometimes play with a string toy and laser toy with her. She has other toys we play fetch with as well. She had a kitty spiral condo to play on.
post #7 of 10
That sounds good. You may just need to be doing it for longer chunks of time, until she lies down and is panting. Are they both fixed?
post #8 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingpeanut View Post

That sounds good. You may just need to be doing it for longer chunks of time, until she lies down and is panting. Are they both fixed?

Both are spayed
post #9 of 10
It sounds like it might be a dominance issue. I would suggest putting the wild one in time outs when she gets too rough. I also second the idea of adding escapes for holly.
post #10 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingpeanut View Post

It sounds like it might be a dominance issue. I would suggest putting the wild one in time outs when she gets too rough. I also second the idea of adding escapes for holly.



Holly has several high escapes The problem is that as Autumn gets bigger she'll be able to reach them too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Behavior