or Connect
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Need Advice!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need Advice!!! - Page 2

post #31 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamanyt1953 View Post
 

You are so more than welcome...and that walker is still loaded and ready!:bigwink:

 

 

            :lol3:

post #32 of 44

:wavey: Hi, Ginny! BRAVO for having the courage to report the abuse AND not denying your actions.  I doubt that the angry parents will physically come at you because what you did showed incredible spunk!  God put you in that dog's life at that moment and you answered to that higher call by taking appropriate action.  If the authorities fail that dog, the guilt will be on them, not you.  But if prayers are answered, the dog will be saved.

 

I am sorry that you had to be worried about those awful people getting retaliation.  It is an ugly feeling to wonder if you are safe. Just remember that you are brave and strong and have a good heart. Plus, you have all your TCS family to back you up!:wife:soldier.gif

post #33 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsknowme View Post
 

:wavey: Hi, Ginny! BRAVO for having the courage to report the abuse AND not denying your actions.  I doubt that the angry parents will physically come at you because what you did showed incredible spunk!  God put you in that dog's life at that moment and you answered to that higher call by taking appropriate action.  If the authorities fail that dog, the guilt will be on them, not you.  But if prayers are answered, the dog will be saved.

 

I am sorry that you had to be worried about those awful people getting retaliation.  It is an ugly feeling to wonder if you are safe. Just remember that you are brave and strong and have a good heart. Plus, you have all your TCS family to back you up!:wife:soldier.gif


Thank you for your kind words and support, @catsknowme!  

post #34 of 44
Thread Starter 

Here's a vague update.  I will be hearing within the next week whether or not something will be done about the situation.  

 

I don't believe in prayers, but I do believe in guns as far as safety is concerned :D  However, if you want to say a prayer, feel free.  What could it hurt?  

post #35 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginny View Post
 

Here's a vague update.  I will be hearing within the next week whether or not something will be done about the situation.  

 

I don't believe in prayers, but I do believe in guns as far as safety is concerned :D  However, if you want to say a prayer, feel free.  What could it hurt?  


Well, believe or not believe, they won't make the situation worse.  As for the gun for safety,, I do believe that the Bible says God helps those who help themselves.   And for those who would quote "Thou shalt not kill," please be advised that the text in the original language read, "Thou shalt not commit murder."  A subtle but real and important distinction.  Those of us who pray (to whomever) shall, meanwhile, keep the gun in reach!

post #36 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamanyt1953 View Post
 


Well, believe or not believe, they won't make the situation worse.  As for the gun for safety,, I do believe that the Bible says God helps those who help themselves.   And for those who would quote "Thou shalt not kill," please be advised that the text in the original language read, "Thou shalt not commit murder."  A subtle but real and important distinction.  Those of us who pray (to whomever) shall, meanwhile, keep the gun in reach!


The castle law exists in my state so I am well within my rights to protect myself against anyone who breaks in (assuming they aren't there to clean!) my house or car.  I'm really not sure what to think about "God" at this point but I'm sure he would expect us to use our brains.  Plus, I live in the south where "he needed killin" is a valid defense in a court of law.  

 

J/k sort of.  :D  

post #37 of 44
Reminds me of the elderly lady seeing 4 men gettin into her car. She swatted them again and again with her cane.finally they all ended up at the police station. It was their car, they left the keys in it and she went on down to station to report it. Her car was one row over identical to theirs...guys said she was vicious
So they left the car
Yea for old folks I are one!!!
post #38 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginny View Post
 


The castle law exists in my state so I am well within my rights to protect myself against anyone who breaks in (assuming they aren't there to clean!) my house or car.  I'm really not sure what to think about "God" at this point but I'm sure he would expect us to use our brains.  Plus, I live in the south where "he needed killin" is a valid defense in a court of law.  

 

J/k sort of.  :D  

Before I moved to North Carolina, I lived in Tennessee, where "he got in my face" actually has been considered a mitigating circumstance.  Gotta love the South! 

post #39 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamanyt1953 View Post
 

Before I moved to North Carolina, I lived in Tennessee, where "he got in my face" actually has been considered a mitigating circumstance.  Gotta love the South! 


I live in rural New Mexico. If you call 911 first the sheriff might come out and arrest you. I heard some ruckus outside a few years ago and some fool was in my old truck . As soon as he seen me he said he wanted to buy it. OK. He then says I'm a lot more civilized than some people out here. Most of them come out with shotguns. Told him I preferred the .22 in my coat pocket. He scooted his rear down the drive and left. My husband still laughs about the day I threw the Omaha Steak peddlers off the place. I'm pretty sure he was setting up a popcorn stand at the end of the driveway.

post #40 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittens Mom View Post
 


I live in rural New Mexico. If you call 911 first the sheriff might come out and arrest you. I heard some ruckus outside a few years ago and some fool was in my old truck . As soon as he seen me he said he wanted to buy it. OK. He then says I'm a lot more civilized than some people out here. Most of them come out with shotguns. Told him I preferred the .22 in my coat pocket. He scooted his rear down the drive and left. My husband still laughs about the day I threw the Omaha Steak peddlers off the place. I'm pretty sure he was setting up a popcorn stand at the end of the driveway.


OH SNORTLE...I'd have bought a bag and sat there. 

 

New Mexico...from what I've seen on TV and pictures, I'd love it there...but for the heat.  I don't breathe in heat.  SIGH

post #41 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamanyt1953 View Post
 


OH SNORTLE...I'd have bought a bag and sat there. 

 

New Mexico...from what I've seen on TV and pictures, I'd love it there...but for the heat.  I don't breathe in heat.  SIGH


I couldn't figure out what part of git they didn't understand. I explained it with props.

post #42 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamanyt1953 View Post
 

Before I moved to North Carolina, I lived in Tennessee, where "he got in my face" actually has been considered a mitigating circumstance.  Gotta love the South! 

 

:lol3:

post #43 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLJJ View Post

Reminds me of the elderly lady seeing 4 men gettin into her car. She swatted them again and again with her cane.finally they all ended up at the police station. It was their car, they left the keys in it and she went on down to station to report it. Her car was one row over identical to theirs...guys said she was vicious
So they left the car
Yea for old folks I are one!!!


I'm glad I wasn't drinking a cola when I read this one!  :lol3:

post #44 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittens Mom View Post
 


I live in rural New Mexico. If you call 911 first the sheriff might come out and arrest you. I heard some ruckus outside a few years ago and some fool was in my old truck . As soon as he seen me he said he wanted to buy it. OK. He then says I'm a lot more civilized than some people out here. Most of them come out with shotguns. Told him I preferred the .22 in my coat pocket. He scooted his rear down the drive and left. My husband still laughs about the day I threw the Omaha Steak peddlers off the place. I'm pretty sure he was setting up a popcorn stand at the end of the driveway.


That's a great idea!  I think I'll use it next time the religious cults come a-knockin'.  Lol. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Need Advice!!!