Good morning - I am new to this website. Thank you for letting me join. I am perplexed as what to do with my two cats. To make a long story short. Took female to vet for checkup (wasn't able to get male in carrier, he freaked out and hid under bed) (female also freaked out at vet, very traumatic experience (she peed and pooped all over herself, vet said to see her in future would have to put to sleep to examine - NOT!!). When I brought female home, took her to basement to calm down and clean her up. Male hid under bed for 2 days. End of second day he thought she was a stranger and growled at her. Eventually female got aggravated and hissed and growled at him and chased him around house twice ready to attack. Male was then scared to death and hiding. This was almost a month ago. I have since had male in his own room in basement and have been trying to reintroduce them, but female hisses and growls and will not chill out. Male is fine now and doesn't understand. I have Feliway in basement w/male and am awaiting two additional units to put in rest of house for female. I take turns letting the male out and keeping her hidden so he can familiarize himself w/house. Confiding the female is not an option as she will scratch the carpet or door frantically. If she even smells him underneath door she starts to growl. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
post #1 of 10
1/13/04 at 6:37am