I had a terrifyingly horrible incident with Amber. Last night I was on the phone talking to a friend, when I heard Amber making some strange noises, like she was grinding her teeth. Much to my horror, I found that Amber was choking on something My wife had thrown away one of those scrunchies that she used for her hair and Amber got into the trash, found it and attempted to swallow the whole thing!! The only relief I had was knowing that she was able to get some air, but was having trouble. I tried to hold her so I could put my finger in her mouth to try to grab it, but she was in no mood to let me do this. I was getting ready to call my vet, to make an emergency visit, when Amber coughed and a small piece stuck out of the side of her mouth. With some long forceps, I was able to grab hold and pull it out. After that, she was was able to breathe fine. Let me tell you, I was never so scared about something in my life, than I was with this incident and I was home alone with no one to help. Amber was so terrified, that she even peed on the floor I felt horrible. A lot of my cats like to get in the trash can that is in the bathroom, but never try to eat anything. They mainly like to pull out the q-tips or toilet paper rolls to play with. So, now we have to be extra cautious on what we throw away in there. Amber was treated to a big bowl of fresh raw turkey after that incident. After eating, she started running around the house as if nothing had happened and I breathed a big sigh of relief.
post #1 of 40
12/7/03 at 11:02pm