Show your Tree/Holiday deocorations here!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love holiday decorations so I thought I'd start this thread! Through the holidays, show your holdiay decorations here, whether they be Christmas trees, outdoor decorations or Hannuka decorations. And share a family tradition too!

One of our family traditions when I was a kid was that our immediate and close family gathered at our house on Christmas Eve for buffet style, bring a dish to pass dinner. Then we'd exchange gifts. We always had a tree both upstairs and in the basement. After gift exchange the children would go downstairs and we'd make up a nativity play. We'd line chairs up for all the adults and when we were ready the adults came down and watched our production!

After everyone left, my siblings and I would stay downstairs and lay under the Christmas tree and sing Caroles. Many times we fell asleep there!

My pictures are kind of dark because it's been a dark day. I'll replace them when I get better ones but for now, here they are!

ryelee's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your tree is lovely, I love your angel topper. I will post some when we decorate, either next weekend or the following. I can't wait to decorate since this year we are in a different house and it will be a challenge, but I have great plans for this place

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wait a minute, where are your kitties climbing up the branches? Laying on the floor on their back pawing at the ornaments? Tangled up in garland, or tipping over the tree? YOU must not have ANY cats!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by hissy
Wait a minute, where are your kitties climbing up the branches? Laying on the floor on their back pawing at the ornaments? Tangled up in garland, or tipping over the tree? YOU must not have ANY cats!
I have no idea why they are being good (so far). Once in awhile Jake will swat at the bottom ornaments. I put non-glass ones down there and secured them very well. Other then that, they have left it alone. Maybe they don't climb it because it moves. But it only moves when the lights are on. Heck.... I have no idea how I got lucky. (Knock on wood).

If you don't have any decorations up yet then you can share a tradition and post a picture later! Or if you don't have any decorations due to busy paws, then just share a tradition!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This will be Buddy's first Christmas with us. I suppose that Rowdy will teach him some more of her tricks: stealing ornaments and batting them under the furniture. Trying to pull the garland off is fun for her, too.

I may wait to put out some of the presents. A few are in gift bags, with tissue paper. Buddy loves to play with tissue paper and he's liable to pull it all out.

Right from the start, we invested in a broad-based, tip-proof stand.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
mzjazz2u - You have a beautiful tree. Last year, I had an awesome tree and loads of Christmas decorations all over (I'm a Jewish girl, going crazy with celebrating Christmas). However, this year, I'm a little worried about putting up decorations and a tree. This year I have the wild and crazy, Simba Zulu in the house, and I just know he'll destroy everything I try to put up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by katl8e

I may wait to put out some of the presents. A few are in gift bags, with tissue paper. Buddy loves to play with tissue paper and he's liable to pull it all out.

Right from the start, we invested in a broad-based, tip-proof stand.
Oh now gift bags with tissue in them are one of the best cat toys! Even my cats would go bonkers over those!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
O.K., we're all a little kitty crazy around here, but how about these ornaments? The hubby and I started collecting a dated ornament each year (sometimes 2 )and my tree is starting to turn into a "cat tree".
This first one is one my mom bought me the year we lost Miss Kitty. I wrote her name and death date on the back.

A meezer in a basket:

crazy-cat-lover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I set my 7' foot fake tree up in the basement. I basically set it up to see my kitties reaction! BAD idea! Peppurr and Zeus chased each other around the tree, jumped in the tree, stole ornaments and played with the garland! I'm setting up a real tree upstairs, the boys love real Christmas trees. Maybe I'll set up the tree with no ornaments or anything and then see what they do!

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm not putting anything out this year. 8 of my 12 cats are under a year old and needless to say they are all CRAZY kittens!!!!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have lots of "cat" ornaments, too. We also have dog and NASCAR ornaments. Last year, I bought Hallmark "dog" and "cat" picture frame ornaments. I need to go buy one for Buddy, this year.

Each pet has a stocking. I bought velvet stockings for the twins and decorated them with their names and sequined appliques. MY stocking is purple (of course) velvet and Bill's is red-white-and-green knit.

We have two strings of purple lights and two multi-colored, with purple garland and onaments, too.

As soon as I get the tree up and buy camera batteries, I'll get pix out, too.

kateang

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wait for me! I did a decoration in the office and I'm getting my colleague to load me the pics!

jeeperscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I should've took some pictures of my tree before Jeepers got hold of it, the decorations are all plastic shatterproof and she's not heavy enough to pull it over (phew!) So all I have to worry about is the mess she's making of it!