According to the website, anyone that used 2.0 in the past should be able to use the web download. It does give some additional instructions. Like you can't have your camera hooked up while downloading and installing the software. Also, firewalls and anti virus software will interfere with installation of the new version. The below came from their support site:
I am having trouble installing the EasyShare software from a web download or the CD, what do you recommend?
Answer: \tAnswer last updated:11-18-03
Review the following guidelines, then try installing Kodak EasyShare software again.
Before installing Kodak EasyShare software:
* Do not install the software with the camera connected to the computer or in the dock. Doing so may cause the software to be loaded incorrectly. If the camera is connected to your computer, disconnect it before starting the installation procedure. Make sure no other applications are running. Running applications are visible as rectangular icons in the Windows taskbar, which is typically located at the bottom of your computer screen.
* To close an application that is running, right-click its rectangular icon in the Windows taskbar, and click Close. Please turn off virus protection applications per the above recommendations.
If installing from a CD, complete the steps below:
1. Load the Kodak EasyShare software CD into the CD-ROM drive.
2. If the first install window does not appear, select Start > Run...then type the drive letter that contains the CD followed by: \\setup.exe. for example D:\\setup.exe.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
4. Restart when prompted at the end of the installation.
If installing from the Web, follow the instructions included with that software:
1. Review the Pre-Installation recommendations link that is offered on the download page, located at: http://www.kodak.com/go/easysharesw
2. Turn of any Pop-Up stopper type programs that you may have running. Pop-Up stopper programs are sometimes installed by customers on their systems to stop some of the advertisement Pop-Up ads which are generally offered on free internet account services. If you have not installed this type of software, go to step 3. If you have, please close it down during the EasyShare installation.
3. If you are experiencing difficulty with the software download and have a firewall installed, turn it off during the download. The Kodak Software is virus free.
4. If you continue to have trouble downloading the software, we recommend that you try loading it from the CD. You may purchase a Kodak EasyShare CD at http://www.kodak.com/go/easysharesw
for $4.95 plus shipping and handling. Problems associated with downloading software can be avoided by installing directly from a CD.
If you continue to receive an error message, visit the Microsoft Web site at: http://microsoft.com