or Connect
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Nutrition › Luxolite - White Bentonite Clay
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Luxolite - White Bentonite Clay

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

I ordered a product from Vitality Science. It arrived today along with what I think is a promo sample of another product of theirs, Luxolite. I read their description of the product and understand it's some sort of detox agent. But I've never heard of bentonite clay. Has anybody else used this product or white bentonite clay before? They claim it is good for constipation, which addresses one of Poppy's issues.

 

http://www.vitalityscience.com/v/AllProducts/luxolite/white-bentonite.asp

post #2 of 11
Nature's variety uses it in their raw food. It's marketed as a detox for people. agree.gif

There are many different grades of bentonite clay. Clumping litter can also be bentonite clay. laughing02.gif

No clue about the constipation claims.

Have you already tried egg yolk? So many benefits!
post #3 of 11

I got that as a sample in their cancer support kit. I haven't tried it yet. I've been tempted more than a few times because it says it also helps with diarrhea, which Krash has frequent problems with. Please keep us updated on what you find out or if you try it. :)

post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDG View Post

Have you already tried egg yolk? So many benefits!

 

You had also mentioned beef liver for acetylcholine. Are there other considerations for eggs?

post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raintyger View Post

I ordered a product from Vitality Science. It arrived today along with what I think is a promo sample of another product of theirs, Luxolite. I read their description of the product and understand it's some sort of detox agent. But I've never heard of bentonite clay. Has anybody else used this product or white bentonite clay before? They claim it is good for constipation, which addresses one of Poppy's issues.

http://www.vitalityscience.com/v/AllProducts/luxolite/white-bentonite.asp
im new here and by no means an expert but i was told by a vet that my cat had eaten her kitty litter.(bentonite) i used bentonite in the oil field to "plug"holes for water circulation.the bentonite expands when it comes in contact with liquid up to 20x its original volume.it killed my flip cat.please please please look into this matter first.i dont think it would help with constipation.again...im no expert.maybe theres a diference in types of bentonite.be safe rather than sorry.best of luck
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raintyger View Post

You had also mentioned beef liver for acetylcholine. Are there other considerations for eggs?

Yes, beef liver is a good source - but nothing comes close to egg yolks.

...and I don't understand the question? dontknow.gif
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by varmint View Post

im new here and by no means an expert but i was told by a vet that my cat had eaten her kitty litter.(bentonite) i used bentonite in the oil field to "plug"holes for water circulation.the bentonite expands when it comes in contact with liquid up to 20x its original volume.it killed my flip cat.please please please look into this matter first.i dont think it would help with constipation.again...im no expert.maybe theres a diference in types of bentonite.be safe rather than sorry.best of luck

hugs.gif I am so so sorry to hear this. frown.gif Eating kitty litter is often a sign of anemia, actually. I had a kitty that used to eat litter. I'm so sorry you didn't know your kitty was eating so much, because yes, it is dangerous. hearthrob.gif

But yes, there are very, very different types of bentonite clay.

http://www.naturalnews.com/025854_clay_body_detox.html

http://www.californiaearthminerals.com/science/clay-minerals-research.php?16
post #8 of 11
i surely didnt know.work had me away all hours and it really costed me dearly.i lost my flip cat over my ignorance.as for different types of bentonite i sure didnt know.first day on here and have learned already.many thanks.
post #9 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDG View Post


Yes, beef liver is a good source - but nothing comes close to egg yolks.

...and I don't understand the question? dontknow.gif


In another thread you recommended acetylcholine for constipational issues, mentioning both egg yolks and beef liver. Since Poppy doesn't like eggs, I thought I'd just use beef liver. But it sounds like egg yolks might have more benefits than just acetylcholine?

post #10 of 11
Well, there are benefits to either liver or egg yolks that the other doesn't have... but in terms of constipation, I think the fats in the egg yolk that aren't present in the liver would be of benefit. They'll both have a fairly high phosphorus content - which fed in small amounts isn't going to throw things off balance - but usually helps loosen stools (less water absorbed out) a bit, and they both are packed with protein. But the egg yolks will have lecithin (helps with fat digestion), which the liver doesn't, and the eggs will have a LOT more choline (which means more acetylcholine), which is what improves the motility. Let me see what the USDA database says.
post #11 of 11
OK, just by way of comparison, this is per 100g:

Choline in beef liver: 333.3mg

PUFA (polyunsaturated fats) in beef liver: 0.465g

Choline in egg yolk: 820.2mg

PUFA in egg yolk: 4.204g

Obviously you won't feed 100g of either! laughing02.gif But it highlights the difference in content.


Oh - I used raw beef liver and egg yolk. Cooked will have slightly higher values.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Nutrition
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Nutrition › Luxolite - White Bentonite Clay