I am looking into changing my cat's food. I am wondering what is the best food to feed them? Right now they are eating Cat Chow.
Related Forum Threads
- Which are the 5 best dry commercial cat foods? Last post on 11/19/14 at 6:16pm in Cat Nutrition
- What do you feed you fur babies? Last post on 11/19/15 at 3:20am in Cat Nutrition
- Brands to Feed my Kitten Last post on 11/22/15 at 6:15am in Cat Nutrition
- Best cat food. Last post on 10/21/15 at 10:19am in Cat Nutrition
- Critique My Cat Food Selections Last post on 9/19/15 at 5:17pm in Cat Nutrition
How To Choose The Right Food for Your Cat
Last edited: 7/17/15
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat FoodLast edited: 1/22/15
- Top 5 Brands of Wet Cat Food Our Members Love The MostLast edited: 6/26/15
- Transitioning Free-Fed Kibble Kitties to Timed MealsLast edited: 1/15/14
- What Makes the Best Canned Cat Food?Last edited: 1/18/14
I bought a bunch of these for a game at my daughters birthday party. We enlarged a photo of the cat, pasted it to card board, cut a hole in the mouth and it made a perfect "throw the mouse in the...
Most of my cats enjoy Blue Buffalo Indoor Dry Food. I also feed a little to the feral cats outside (why should they only eat flavored cornmeal?) It does have way more protein (32%) than lots of...
"Cats eat them" probably doesn't sound like much. But when you have a kitty with end-stage renal failure, and you're at the "feed him anything he'll eat" point, this stuff saved the day. I let him...
I bought this book last year, and it is absolutely fantastic. I loved it so much I read Gwen Cooper's "Love Saves the Day" also. Great detail about the life of a blind cat that someone felt...
What is the best dry food to feed your cat?post #1 of 810/20/13 at 6:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 810/20/13 at 6:48pmDo you need to feed dry food for budgetary reasons? Because wet food is actually far healthier for cats. This site, written by a vet, explains why in an easy-to-understand manner: http://www.catinfo.org
We can help identify inexpensive canned foods that are pretty healthy for your kitties; we can also help identify better dry foods.
But please be aware that if your cats eat only dry food, they each need to drink about one cup of water a day each to remain properly hydrated: not hydrated from a medical standpoint, but to not be chronically mildly dehydrated (which places stress on the organs, especially the kidneys).post #3 of 810/20/13 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 810/20/13 at 7:10pmThis might be a stupid question, but the dogs can't be closed out of a room for the 10 or 15 minutes it would take to feed the cats' meals? Or there isn't a table on which you can feed the cats?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just putting ideas out there.
(The dogs don't eat their dry food? We care for feral cats, and at this point, I'm not sure the neighbors even need to feed their dogs... ).
When I use dry food for the ferals, I use Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken grain-free. To lower the cost, I sometimes mix it with 4Health from Tractor Supply (which is not grain free and rather high carb).post #5 of 810/20/13 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 810/21/13 at 10:18ampost #7 of 810/21/13 at 2:18pmThread Starter
- What is the best dry food to feed your cat?
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat Food
Currently, there are 0 Active Users (0 Members and 0 Guests)
- › UTI. Already tried Clavimox & Trimethoprim. He still is not well. 4 minutes ago
- › Momma doesnt knoe what to do 5 minutes ago
- › The Change a Letter Game - 4 letter words 6 minutes ago
- › Thanksgiving Giveaway! A Mini Spa Set By Honeycat Cosmetics! 6 minutes ago
- › Furtobombs (Cat Photobombs) 8 minutes ago
- › How far along is my cat ?? 10 minutes ago
- › Second URI right after the first--what do I do? 14 minutes ago
- › Game - Word Association 17 minutes ago
- › 2 weeks old cat, - kinda emergency :( 22 minutes ago
- › 📚Three Word Story📖 22 minutes ago
- › Kitty Mansions Boston Cat Tree by jennngrovie
- › SmartyKat Skitter Critters Cat Toy Catnip Mice by Amyscat
- › Blue Buffalo Indoor Cat Dry Food by rmnative
- › Whiskas Temptations Treats for Cats by Donutte
- › Homer's Odyssey by Donutte
- › Sentry Good Behavior Pheromone Collar for Cats by SheriT
- › Natures Menu - Complete & Balanced Raw Bite-Size Nuggets... by Columbine
- › Applaws Chicken Breast and Pumpkin by Columbine
- › Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Feline Urinary SO Dry Cat Food by Columbine
- › Catz Finefood by Columbine
- › I NEED ADVICE; FIRST TIME CAT OWNER WITH...
- › How To Get Your Cat To Start Eating Again
- › Lucky, aka My Little Worm
- › Feast Your Eyes On Cat Picture Of The Week #1546
- › Cuteness Alert! Picture Of The Week #1545
- › Quiz: Which Cat-Themed Gift Best Fits Your...
- › How to safely pamper your cat with turkey treats
- › Why Has My Cat Stopped Eating And Is It...
- › Fluffy Shades of Grey - Picture Of The Week...
- › BabyBoy 5-21-06