I am looking into changing my cat's food. I am wondering what is the best food to feed them? Right now they are eating Cat Chow.
Related Forum Threads
- Varying Flavors/Varieties of Wet Cat Food Last post on 6/11/14 at 12:35pm in Cat Nutrition
- Money, money, money... Best online sources for food? Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:10am in Cat Nutrition
- Which wet cat food is the best for its price? Last post on 5/24/14 at 2:07pm in Cat Nutrition
- Raw food best for cat, but is it safe for me? Last post on 6/2/14 at 3:56pm in Raw & Home-Cooked Cat Food
- Question About The Best Quality, Affordable Cat Food & Cat Litter Last post on 5/27/14 at 10:00am in Cat Nutrition
Choosing The Right Food for Your Cat
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat FoodLast edited: 8/2/14
- Canned Cat Food Recommended By TheCatSite.com MembersLast edited: 5/9/14
- Transitioning Free-Fed Kibble Kitties to Timed MealsLast edited: 1/15/14
- What Makes the Best Canned Cat Food?Last edited: 1/18/14
I have several cats, therefore I have three fountains plus two stainless steel bowls for the ones that are scared to drink from the fountain. All in all this platinum is far better than the...
:lol3:In the past I have owned the plastic drinkwell fountains which were okay except when U had to clean them, it became a chore. Well not with this fountain !!! Super easy to take apart and no...
:lol3:This is the second one i bought. The other one was really old and I was afraid it could be harboring bacteria so I threw it out. I also have the platinum which is so much easier to use,not...
Great food !!! I have a kitty who had diarrhea after everything she ate. I felt so bad for her. Did some research and found this food to be good for all kinds of health issues. I used to sprinkle...
I received this toy for my cat as a gift. I said thank you, secrectly knowing my cat would never play with it. She needs toys to be moved around by me, to even show interest. Well, I was wrong!...
What is the best dry food to feed your cat?post #1 of 810/20/13 at 6:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 810/20/13 at 6:48pmDo you need to feed dry food for budgetary reasons? Because wet food is actually far healthier for cats. This site, written by a vet, explains why in an easy-to-understand manner: http://www.catinfo.org
We can help identify inexpensive canned foods that are pretty healthy for your kitties; we can also help identify better dry foods.
But please be aware that if your cats eat only dry food, they each need to drink about one cup of water a day each to remain properly hydrated: not hydrated from a medical standpoint, but to not be chronically mildly dehydrated (which places stress on the organs, especially the kidneys).post #3 of 810/20/13 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 810/20/13 at 7:10pmThis might be a stupid question, but the dogs can't be closed out of a room for the 10 or 15 minutes it would take to feed the cats' meals? Or there isn't a table on which you can feed the cats?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just putting ideas out there.
(The dogs don't eat their dry food? We care for feral cats, and at this point, I'm not sure the neighbors even need to feed their dogs... ).
When I use dry food for the ferals, I use Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken grain-free. To lower the cost, I sometimes mix it with 4Health from Tractor Supply (which is not grain free and rather high carb).post #5 of 810/20/13 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 810/21/13 at 10:18ampost #7 of 810/21/13 at 2:18pmThread Starter
- What is the best dry food to feed your cat?
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat Food
Currently, there are 502 Active Users (18 Members and 484 Guests)
- › Bartonella in cat? 6 seconds ago
- › Goofy shots :) 35 seconds ago
- › Question of the Day - Tuesday, September 2 1 minute ago
- › Help sexing newborn kittens? 3 minutes ago
- › Physical signs to look for a couple of days before a Queen gives... 10 minutes ago
- › What's the best litter for odor control? 11 minutes ago
- › Do ice cube trays age? 20 minutes ago
- › Kittens and Laptops 21 minutes ago
- › Gifting to other cats? 24 minutes ago
- › Was it really her? 26 minutes ago
- › Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain by gladys
- › Pioneer Fountain Big Max- Stainless Steel by gladys
- › Drinkwell Original Pet Fountain by gladys
- › Stella & Chewy's Tummy Ticklin' Turkey Freeze Dried... by gladys
- › Cosmic Catnip Filled Banana by FizzyCrow
- › Precious Cat Ultra Premium Clumping Cat Litter by Maureen Bradley
- › Fancy Feast Broths with Tuna Shrimp and Whitefish Pet Food, 32-Pack by MaiaElizabeth
- › Royal Canin Canned Cat Food, Kitten Instinctive by roguethecat
- › Go Pet Club Brown 62" Cat Condo F68 by Slykat12
- › PetFusion Cat Scratcher Lounge by CalTriTwiAmb4
- › Introducing Tanzy and a new forum - Cat...
- › Which Superhero is Your Cat?
- › How Long Can a Cat be Left Alone?
- › My Rescued Kittens
- › Last week for our special Summer Contest...
- › What’s the Ideal Temperature for a Cat?
- › My Little Black Cat
- › Latest Site News and Picture of the Week #10
- › Do Cats Mourn?
- › In Oregon with baby bear