I am looking into changing my cat's food. I am wondering what is the best food to feed them? Right now they are eating Cat Chow.
Related Forum Threads
- Which are the 5 best dry commercial cat foods? Last post on 11/19/14 at 6:16pm in Cat Nutrition
- Dry Cat Food Last post on 4/12/16 at 4:23pm in Cat Nutrition
- Best Cat Food Brand? Last post on 3/11/16 at 6:48am in Cat Nutrition
- when to start limiting dry food? Last post on 3/13/16 at 4:44pm in Cat Nutrition
- Conflicted about cat food after visiting vet Last post on 2/20/16 at 3:59am in Cat Nutrition
How To Choose The Right Food for Your Cat
Last edited: 7/17/15
- Best Cat Food Of 2015: TCS Member ChoicesLast edited: 1/7/16
- What makes the best dry cat food?Last edited: 6/10/16
- Top 5 Brands of Wet Cat Food Our Members Love The MostLast edited: 6/26/15
- Transitioning Free-Fed Kibble Kitties to Timed MealsLast edited: 1/15/14
When it comes to toys, my cat's interest seems to be based on if he has never smelled something before, THEN it's interesting. And so he will bat it around, much as he would a mouse. But once he...
The cats like Wobbert they chomped down on the string junk food then other treats cannot believe the price listed here paid under ten dollars. Cats were all interested find Wobbert amusing handy...
My cats used to gobble this stuff down and beg for more, and it WORKED very well. However, recently they changed their formula and now NONE of my cats will touch it. I'm very disappointed. They...
The book actually opens with the death of the regent, who dies with a smile on his face. Why a smile? Well, he knew to the minute when he'd die and he was careful to make sure that his ward was...
This consists of two mats - the upper one has holes of various sizes in it and can be reconfigured endlessly to create tunnels and hidey holes. Chula likes to chase the red dot into the holes and...
What is the best dry food to feed your cat?post #1 of 810/20/13 at 6:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 810/20/13 at 6:48pmDo you need to feed dry food for budgetary reasons? Because wet food is actually far healthier for cats. This site, written by a vet, explains why in an easy-to-understand manner: http://www.catinfo.org
We can help identify inexpensive canned foods that are pretty healthy for your kitties; we can also help identify better dry foods.
But please be aware that if your cats eat only dry food, they each need to drink about one cup of water a day each to remain properly hydrated: not hydrated from a medical standpoint, but to not be chronically mildly dehydrated (which places stress on the organs, especially the kidneys).post #3 of 810/20/13 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 810/20/13 at 7:10pmThis might be a stupid question, but the dogs can't be closed out of a room for the 10 or 15 minutes it would take to feed the cats' meals? Or there isn't a table on which you can feed the cats?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just putting ideas out there.
(The dogs don't eat their dry food? We care for feral cats, and at this point, I'm not sure the neighbors even need to feed their dogs... ).
When I use dry food for the ferals, I use Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken grain-free. To lower the cost, I sometimes mix it with 4Health from Tractor Supply (which is not grain free and rather high carb).post #5 of 810/20/13 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 810/21/13 at 10:18ampost #7 of 810/21/13 at 2:18pmThread Starter
- What is the best dry food to feed your cat?
- Best Cat Food Of 2015: TCS Member Choices
Currently, there are 550 Active Users (8 Members and 542 Guests)
- › End of pregnancy? 2 minutes ago
- › She can be very manipulative sometimes 9 minutes ago
- › Nutrition and UTI - Seeking Advice 12 minutes ago
- › When to start reducing food for growing kittens on raw diet 20 minutes ago
- › Game - Do you own a.....? 27 minutes ago
- › Has anyone heard of zentangle and zendoodle? 28 minutes ago
- › Game - Change one word 35 minutes ago
- › We got a call about a new case, and need advice again. This one is... 37 minutes ago
- › Game - Last Letter Association 38 minutes ago
- › The Food Game 42 minutes ago
- › Smart Paw Sights & Sounds Birdie Chase Play Cat Toy by MeAndCaptinMeow
- › Friskies Cat Treats, Pull 'n Play ,All flavors, 2-Ounce Pouch,... by Seventhheaven
- › Vet's Best Hairball Relief Digestive Aid by mrsgreenjeens
- › No One Noticed the Cat by Anne McCaffrey (1996-10-01) by Tallyollyopia
- › The Ripple Rug Cat Activity Play Mat by Margd
- › How My Cat Made Me a Better Man by mrblanche
- › Booda Clean Step Litter Box by Jessie Gray
- › Kitty Boinks 10-Pack Pet Toy by Jessie Gray
- › From the Field Premium Catnip Buds by Jessie Gray
- › Cosmic Catnip Bouncy Bubbles by Jessie Gray
- › The Litterbox: What Every Cat Owner Needs To...
- › Let us guess your age by your preferences in...
- › The Beautiful Mittens - Picture Of The Week...
- › 15 Awesome Cat Caves That Are Practical,...
- › 52 Reasons Why Cats MUST Get Inside Boxes
- › Jack, the shaded golden Persian
- › Sweet Tortie and moving adoption story -...
- › Chestnut With Fur Of Gold
- › Butterscotch, Sweeter than Sugar
- › What does compassion for cats tell you about...