I am looking into changing my cat's food. I am wondering what is the best food to feed them? Right now they are eating Cat Chow.
Related Forum Threads
- Varying Flavors/Varieties of Wet Cat Food Last post on 6/11/14 at 12:35pm in Cat Nutrition
- Money, money, money... Best online sources for food? Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:10am in Cat Nutrition
- Which wet cat food is the best for its price? Last post on 5/24/14 at 2:07pm in Cat Nutrition
- Raw food best for cat, but is it safe for me? Last post on 6/2/14 at 3:56pm in Raw & Home-Cooked Cat Food
- Question About The Best Quality, Affordable Cat Food & Cat Litter Last post on 5/27/14 at 10:00am in Cat Nutrition
Choosing The Right Food for Your Cat
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat FoodLast edited: 1/29/14
- Canned Cat Food Recommended By TheCatSite.com MembersLast edited: 5/9/14
- Transitioning Free-Fed Kibble Kitties to Timed MealsLast edited: 1/15/14
- What Makes the Best Canned Cat Food?Last edited: 1/18/14
This is the 'blurb': Grain-Free & Biologically Appropriate™ Treats specifically for Adult Cats using quality ingredients sourced from local 'Aussie' farms. 65% Chicken and Duck meat, 35%...
I've been using WBCL for about three years. I like it, but I wouldn't rave about it. Yes, it is expensive and it leaves my laundry room covered in contaminated dust (watch the dust fly the next...
I have written several World's Best Reviews.....and really liked all the various WB types. Recently, one of my cats has gone thru a health problem, with diarrhea, etc., then was recently...
My 19yr old cat Rebecca has been given this stuff since I can remember. She has her own dish for it and everything. The age old argument goes that regular milk is bad for cats since they can't...
This mat has now been in use for three weeks, and I've never had so little litter to sweep up from the area around the (covered) litter box. The mat consists of two layers, a perforated upper layer...
What is the best dry food to feed your cat?post #1 of 810/20/13 at 6:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 810/20/13 at 6:48pmDo you need to feed dry food for budgetary reasons? Because wet food is actually far healthier for cats. This site, written by a vet, explains why in an easy-to-understand manner: http://www.catinfo.org
We can help identify inexpensive canned foods that are pretty healthy for your kitties; we can also help identify better dry foods.
But please be aware that if your cats eat only dry food, they each need to drink about one cup of water a day each to remain properly hydrated: not hydrated from a medical standpoint, but to not be chronically mildly dehydrated (which places stress on the organs, especially the kidneys).post #3 of 810/20/13 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 810/20/13 at 7:10pmThis might be a stupid question, but the dogs can't be closed out of a room for the 10 or 15 minutes it would take to feed the cats' meals? Or there isn't a table on which you can feed the cats?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just putting ideas out there.
(The dogs don't eat their dry food? We care for feral cats, and at this point, I'm not sure the neighbors even need to feed their dogs... ).
When I use dry food for the ferals, I use Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken grain-free. To lower the cost, I sometimes mix it with 4Health from Tractor Supply (which is not grain free and rather high carb).post #5 of 810/20/13 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 810/21/13 at 10:18ampost #7 of 810/21/13 at 2:18pmThread Starter
- What is the best dry food to feed your cat?
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat Food
Currently, there are 395 Active Users (32 Members and 363 Guests)
- › Daily Question of #WhiskersWednesday 07/23/14 ... :) 27 seconds ago
- › Our Little Helpurrrrs 2 minutes ago
- › Tim is almost ready to start the transition to raw 2 minutes ago
- › What's your cat's height/length? 6 minutes ago
- › is he a Black tabby? or is he melanistic? 8 minutes ago
- › My Cat Poops on the couch where I sit only 9 minutes ago
- › My outdoor cat have injury, please advice 9 minutes ago
- › my kitten sits in this strange pose while cleaning herself 11 minutes ago
- › The Gardening 2014 Thread - I just spent 2 hours in a garden center. 13 minutes ago
- › Spain! 13 minutes ago
- › Mighty Raw Chicken & Duck Treats by Mani
- › World's Best Cat Litter, Clumping/Multi Cat by PHarber-Murphy
- › World's Best Cat Litter Advanced Natural High Performance... by Therese
- › Whiskas Catmilk Drink for Cats & Kittens by thesighrye
- › Blackhole Cat Litter Mat - Super Size Rectangular 30" X... by jcat
- › Petoodles Cat Harness by Mani
- › Kitty Can’t Cope Sack by thesighrye
- › Petmate Two Door Top Load Pet Kennel by EmandJee
- › Precious Cat Ultra Premium Clumping Cat Litter by EmandJee
- › FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats by EmandJee
- › Meet King - by Ysabella
- › Idk how far along my cat is. Can anyone help?
- › Cat Picture of the Week #6
- › Your Cat’s Kidneys Called
- › Rescuing Purebred Cats: Interview with...
- › Site News and Our Cat Picture of the Week #5
- › Carley
- › Seven Rare Cat Breeds You May Not Know
- › Meow, my name is Cleo <3
- › kitcat