I am looking into changing my cat's food. I am wondering what is the best food to feed them? Right now they are eating Cat Chow.
Related Forum Threads
- Varying Flavors/Varieties of Wet Cat Food Last post on 6/11/14 at 12:35pm in Cat Nutrition
- Money, money, money... Best online sources for food? Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:10am in Cat Nutrition
- Which wet cat food is the best for its price? Last post on 5/24/14 at 2:07pm in Cat Nutrition
- Raw food best for cat, but is it safe for me? Last post on 6/2/14 at 3:56pm in Raw & Home-Cooked Cat Food
- Question About The Best Quality, Affordable Cat Food & Cat Litter Last post on 5/27/14 at 10:00am in Cat Nutrition
Choosing The Right Food for Your Cat
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat FoodLast edited: 8/2/14
- Canned Cat Food Recommended By TheCatSite.com MembersLast edited: 5/9/14
- Transitioning Free-Fed Kibble Kitties to Timed MealsLast edited: 1/15/14
- What Makes the Best Canned Cat Food?Last edited: 1/18/14
This is essentially the least expensive dry grain free cat food on the market. This is a good choice for a cat with grain allergies and can't afford more expensive brands, while wanting to still do...
I have been using this litter for a couple years since my male cats have had crystals and UTIs, this litter has been great. It is a mix of white and blue ultra fine crystals, which would allow me...
This fountain is great. It was not expensive, works like a charm and best of all, kitty drinks from it very often because she is attracted to it. The fountain is small so it is placed very nicely...
I have bought this brand ever since I got my kitten 5 months ago. I LOVE IT! The fresh sawdust smell covers up any odor my cat leaves. My kitten doesn't mind the pellets, although at first she...
Is the reason for the secret consomme ingredient not being acknowledged because it is SOY? Soy is a neurotoxtn used to raise protein rate of catfood. Secret ingredients are never good news.
What is the best dry food to feed your cat?post #1 of 810/20/13 at 6:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 810/20/13 at 6:48pmDo you need to feed dry food for budgetary reasons? Because wet food is actually far healthier for cats. This site, written by a vet, explains why in an easy-to-understand manner: http://www.catinfo.org
We can help identify inexpensive canned foods that are pretty healthy for your kitties; we can also help identify better dry foods.
But please be aware that if your cats eat only dry food, they each need to drink about one cup of water a day each to remain properly hydrated: not hydrated from a medical standpoint, but to not be chronically mildly dehydrated (which places stress on the organs, especially the kidneys).post #3 of 810/20/13 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 810/20/13 at 7:10pmThis might be a stupid question, but the dogs can't be closed out of a room for the 10 or 15 minutes it would take to feed the cats' meals? Or there isn't a table on which you can feed the cats?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just putting ideas out there.
(The dogs don't eat their dry food? We care for feral cats, and at this point, I'm not sure the neighbors even need to feed their dogs... ).
When I use dry food for the ferals, I use Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken grain-free. To lower the cost, I sometimes mix it with 4Health from Tractor Supply (which is not grain free and rather high carb).post #5 of 810/20/13 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 810/21/13 at 10:18ampost #7 of 810/21/13 at 2:18pmThread Starter
- What is the best dry food to feed your cat?
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat Food
Currently, there are 447 Active Users (18 Members and 429 Guests)
- › swollen glands 3 minutes ago
- › Question of the Day - Thursday October 30 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing two cats - help! 10 minutes ago
- › How to get tough mats out? 14 minutes ago
- › Is my Kitten in heat or having anal gland problems?? 19 minutes ago
- › My Cat is Growling and Hissing 19 minutes ago
- › Very sensitive on back at base of tail 24 minutes ago
- › Curious about unusual color 26 minutes ago
- › Such a hard thing.... 26 minutes ago
- › Halloween costumes! 28 minutes ago
- › Taste of the Wild Dry Cat Food, Rocky Mountain Feline Formula by michi082704
- › Precious Cat Senior Litter by michi082704
- › Catit Fresh & Clear Small Drinking Fountain by Shadowbaby14
- › Feline Pine Original Cat Litter by Xochitl14
- › Tiki Cat Consomme by Opie Catt
- › FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats by VBCatParent
- › Whiskas Temptations Treats for Cats by IntrovertKitty
- › Primal Frozen Raw Turkey Nugget Cat Food by Slykat12
- › Tabby Town - Westby, WI by HunterScott
- › Whiskas Temptations Tartar Control Treats for Cats by thesighrye
- › Warrior cats
- › Another Picture In The Spirit of Halloween -...
- › Be kind to your cat's behinds! Dirty Cat...
- › Cat Picture of the Week #19 & Getting...
- › Dublin L. P. Knowles - full of gingery goodness
- › National Feral Cat Day and Picture of the...
- › Keeping Feral Cats Safe During Winter Months
- › Sweetie, Dante, Cimba and Dutchess
- › Karly
- › We lost our Floyd and are looking for nother...