I am looking into changing my cat's food. I am wondering what is the best food to feed them? Right now they are eating Cat Chow.
Related Forum Threads
- Varying Flavors/Varieties of Wet Cat Food Last post on 6/11/14 at 12:35pm in Cat Nutrition
- Money, money, money... Best online sources for food? Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:10am in Cat Nutrition
- Which wet cat food is the best for its price? Last post on 5/24/14 at 2:07pm in Cat Nutrition
- Raw food best for cat, but is it safe for me? Last post on 6/2/14 at 3:56pm in Raw & Home-Cooked Cat Food
- Question About The Best Quality, Affordable Cat Food & Cat Litter Last post on 5/27/14 at 10:00am in Cat Nutrition
Choosing The Right Food for Your Cat
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat FoodLast edited: 8/2/14
- Canned Cat Food Recommended By TheCatSite.com MembersLast edited: 5/9/14
- Transitioning Free-Fed Kibble Kitties to Timed MealsLast edited: 1/15/14
- What Makes the Best Canned Cat Food?Last edited: 1/18/14
When I just got my cats I went to the pet store looking for high quality foods and Canagans was on sale, half off. I noticed that Tapioca was in there, but a relatively small amount and no further...
These have been around a long time and I thought they were just stooopppid. That is until my mom bought me one for my new cat and I saw they do exactly what they say they do. That is hold poop and...
Since I am feeding my cats a mixed diet of raw and canned, I was looking for 100% meat canned foods. At first I found one brand that had awesome 100% meat cans, but I really do want to give them as...
I bought this because I was switching my cats to a raw diet and had read that it would entice them to eat it. It worked! Then my Remy had surgery and the antibiotic's caused some tummy troubles and...
When I first tried out Tidy Cats Light Weight Litter, I was unsure because of it's very powerful smell, which made me cough a lot. Many people use scented litter to cover up the smell, but scented...
What is the best dry food to feed your cat?post #1 of 810/20/13 at 6:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 810/20/13 at 6:48pmDo you need to feed dry food for budgetary reasons? Because wet food is actually far healthier for cats. This site, written by a vet, explains why in an easy-to-understand manner: http://www.catinfo.org
We can help identify inexpensive canned foods that are pretty healthy for your kitties; we can also help identify better dry foods.
But please be aware that if your cats eat only dry food, they each need to drink about one cup of water a day each to remain properly hydrated: not hydrated from a medical standpoint, but to not be chronically mildly dehydrated (which places stress on the organs, especially the kidneys).post #3 of 810/20/13 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 810/20/13 at 7:10pmThis might be a stupid question, but the dogs can't be closed out of a room for the 10 or 15 minutes it would take to feed the cats' meals? Or there isn't a table on which you can feed the cats?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just putting ideas out there.
(The dogs don't eat their dry food? We care for feral cats, and at this point, I'm not sure the neighbors even need to feed their dogs... ).
When I use dry food for the ferals, I use Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken grain-free. To lower the cost, I sometimes mix it with 4Health from Tractor Supply (which is not grain free and rather high carb).post #5 of 810/20/13 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 810/21/13 at 10:18ampost #7 of 810/21/13 at 2:18pmThread Starter
- What is the best dry food to feed your cat?
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat Food
Currently, there are 455 Active Users (21 Members and 434 Guests)
- › What's for dinner? 57 seconds ago
- › Chicken Crumbles as cat litter. 2 minutes ago
- › My 12 year old chubby cat has suddenly lost her appetite and is... 10 minutes ago
- › Help us name this little one. 13 minutes ago
- › Cat needs hefty diet chage- need some advice (gallstones, potential... 14 minutes ago
- › Frightened new kitten 15 minutes ago
- › The Weight Loss Support Group - 2014 17 minutes ago
- › pregnant? 19 minutes ago
- › What's in Your Junk Drawer? 20 minutes ago
- › help for cat 22 minutes ago
- › Canagan Grain-Free Wet Cat Food - Various Flavors by Caralian
- › Litter Genie Plus Cat Litter Disposal System with Odor Free Pail... by Slykat12
- › Natures Menu - Cat Food Pouches by Caralian
- › Purina FortiFlora Feline Nutritional Supplement by Maureen Bradley
- › TIDY CATS Light Weight Cat Clumping Litter Pail, 17-Pound by LittleLion
- › Gonzo Pet Hair Lifter (single) by Slykat12
- › Cats in the Kitchen Cat Food, Pumpkin Lickin' Chicken, 3-Ounce... by Slykat12
- › Booda Dome Litter Box by randomhero1747
- › Ultimate Touch Shed n Blade by Kat0121
- › Fur-So-Fresh Groominator Dog and Cat 2in1 Deshedding Tool by Kat0121