I am looking into changing my cat's food. I am wondering what is the best food to feed them? Right now they are eating Cat Chow.
Related Forum Threads
- Which are the 5 best dry commercial cat foods? Last post on 11/19/14 at 6:16pm in Cat Nutrition
- What kind of dry and can food do you suggest? Last post on 11/25/14 at 2:08am in Cat Nutrition
- Best diets for cats with IBD/Small Cell Lymphoma? Last post on 11/13/14 at 9:36am in Cat Nutrition
- Yet another "Best Food" thread Last post on 11/19/14 at 2:43pm in Cat Nutrition
- Advice Needed On What Is The "BEST" Canned Cat Food To Buy To Live On After Subtotal... Last post on 9/9/14 at 10:18am in Cat Nutrition
Choosing The Right Food for Your Cat
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat FoodLast edited: 8/2/14
- Canned Cat Food Recommended By TheCatSite.com MembersLast edited: 5/9/14
- Transitioning Free-Fed Kibble Kitties to Timed MealsLast edited: 1/15/14
- What Makes the Best Canned Cat Food?Last edited: 1/18/14
Revolution(Stronghold) is the only cat flea treatment that I feel comfortable using. I have in the past used cheaper brands on flea-infested cats, and none of them worked. Revolution works every...
The main idea of the Sleepypod is to keep the dome off at home so that your cat can use it as a pet bed and fill it with its "scent". Therefore when it's used for travel the cat will be be...
I ordered a good selection from Hare Today. Rabbit, Chicken, Turkey and Pork fine ground with organs and bone. All I do is measure and add nutrients . I use Alnutrin which HT also sells. I also...
This is probably an Australian item - I bought it as I've been desperate to find a brush that will help to eradicate hair balls. I've used a furminator, but the fur goes everywhere, and I have a...
I used this litter for years with my last cat, and would use it to this day if it were my own choice. Unfortunately, not all cats recognize pine litter as a 'proper litter' lol. The litter smells...
What is the best dry food to feed your cat?post #1 of 810/20/13 at 6:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 810/20/13 at 6:48pmDo you need to feed dry food for budgetary reasons? Because wet food is actually far healthier for cats. This site, written by a vet, explains why in an easy-to-understand manner: http://www.catinfo.org
We can help identify inexpensive canned foods that are pretty healthy for your kitties; we can also help identify better dry foods.
But please be aware that if your cats eat only dry food, they each need to drink about one cup of water a day each to remain properly hydrated: not hydrated from a medical standpoint, but to not be chronically mildly dehydrated (which places stress on the organs, especially the kidneys).post #3 of 810/20/13 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 810/20/13 at 7:10pmThis might be a stupid question, but the dogs can't be closed out of a room for the 10 or 15 minutes it would take to feed the cats' meals? Or there isn't a table on which you can feed the cats?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just putting ideas out there.
(The dogs don't eat their dry food? We care for feral cats, and at this point, I'm not sure the neighbors even need to feed their dogs... ).
When I use dry food for the ferals, I use Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken grain-free. To lower the cost, I sometimes mix it with 4Health from Tractor Supply (which is not grain free and rather high carb).post #5 of 810/20/13 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 810/21/13 at 10:18ampost #7 of 810/21/13 at 2:18pmThread Starter
- What is the best dry food to feed your cat?
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat Food
Currently, there are 284 Active Users (6 Members and 278 Guests)
- › Should I Still Be Hoping My Missing Cat Will Come Home? 51 minutes ago
- › Newbie food advice.... 51 minutes ago
- › My cat was diagnosed with CHF (congestive heart failure) 58 minutes ago
- › Neutered male suddenly mounting female 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › cats with morgellions 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Rescue newbie advice needed 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › Is this normal?? How can I help him? 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Help me please 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › please help me figure out breed 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › What breed is this cat???PLEASE HELP 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › Revolution (Stronghold) for Cats by Matts mom
- › Sleepypod Mobile Pet Bed by EmilyAnn
- › Hare Today Raw Pet Food by Maureen Bradley
- › Shear Magic Ezi Clean Slicker Dog Brush by Mani
- › Feline Fresh Cat Litter by Matts mom
- › Toys R Us Tunnel Pop Up Cat Toy by Snufkin
- › Meow Mix Tender Centers Salmon and Chicken, 13.5-Pound by RoseTheWerecat
- › PureBites Cat Treats by pushylady
- › KONG Active Feather Teaser Catnip Toy by wannahelp
- › MewCorp Carpeted Cat Wall Shelves by mickNsnicks2mom