I am looking into changing my cat's food. I am wondering what is the best food to feed them? Right now they are eating Cat Chow.
Related Forum Threads
- Which are the 5 best dry commercial cat foods? Last post on 11/19/14 at 6:16pm in Cat Nutrition
- Best Cat Food Brand? Last post on 3/11/16 at 6:48am in Cat Nutrition
- when to start limiting dry food? Last post on 3/13/16 at 4:44pm in Cat Nutrition
- Conflicted about cat food after visiting vet Last post on 2/20/16 at 3:59am in Cat Nutrition
- Best way/food to feed a cat? Last post on 2/17/16 at 4:11pm in Cat Nutrition
How To Choose The Right Food for Your Cat
Last edited: 7/17/15
- Best Cat Food Of 2015: TCS Member ChoicesLast edited: 1/7/16
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat FoodLast edited: 1/22/15
- Top 5 Brands of Wet Cat Food Our Members Love The MostLast edited: 6/26/15
- Transitioning Free-Fed Kibble Kitties to Timed MealsLast edited: 1/15/14
I used the product for 3 consecutive months and there was no positive change in any of our cats. In fact, they seemed to fight more. We do however, have a home with cathedral ceilings. So mabye...
One day the cat Maurice discovered that not only could he think and talk, but that the rats living on the garbage heap behind the Unseen University (a school of magic) had also gained the ability....
Foster parents take very little responsibility for the health of the animals in their care. Beware unexpected vet costs after adopting from NCR and misinformation. Always investigate your new cat's...
After dusting this little gem for 2 years as my daughter's cat ignored it, I rehomed it for my 12 week kitten. He immediately began racing through it, made 30 foot runs through 2 rooms to dive into...
Although there are a plethora of different kinds of devices on the market designed to shorten and blunt cats' claws, I have always relied on these little clippers because they do the job. They...
What is the best dry food to feed your cat?post #1 of 810/20/13 at 6:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 810/20/13 at 6:48pmDo you need to feed dry food for budgetary reasons? Because wet food is actually far healthier for cats. This site, written by a vet, explains why in an easy-to-understand manner: http://www.catinfo.org
We can help identify inexpensive canned foods that are pretty healthy for your kitties; we can also help identify better dry foods.
But please be aware that if your cats eat only dry food, they each need to drink about one cup of water a day each to remain properly hydrated: not hydrated from a medical standpoint, but to not be chronically mildly dehydrated (which places stress on the organs, especially the kidneys).post #3 of 810/20/13 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 810/20/13 at 7:10pmThis might be a stupid question, but the dogs can't be closed out of a room for the 10 or 15 minutes it would take to feed the cats' meals? Or there isn't a table on which you can feed the cats?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just putting ideas out there.
(The dogs don't eat their dry food? We care for feral cats, and at this point, I'm not sure the neighbors even need to feed their dogs... ).
When I use dry food for the ferals, I use Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken grain-free. To lower the cost, I sometimes mix it with 4Health from Tractor Supply (which is not grain free and rather high carb).post #5 of 810/20/13 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 810/21/13 at 10:18ampost #7 of 810/21/13 at 2:18pmThread Starter
- What is the best dry food to feed your cat?
- Best Cat Food Of 2015: TCS Member Choices
Currently, there are 599 Active Users (30 Members and 569 Guests)
- › Inexperienced and lack of support from local rescues - Please help. 52 seconds ago
- › Question of the Day, Wednesday April 27th 1 minute ago
- › new kitten owner in need of some help and guidance. pee and poop... 2 minutes ago
- › HELP 4 minutes ago
- › Keeping a kitten alive 5 minutes ago
- › Arm Straddling and Kneading 5 minutes ago
- › Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too! 6 minutes ago
- › My cat is unhappy, should I get her a new home? 7 minutes ago
- › Accidently Took my Cat's Meds - Please Tell Me I'm not the Only One 9 minutes ago
- › The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2016 11 minutes ago
- › Comfort Zone with Feliway Spray for Cats by Rhondalee
- › The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents by Tallyollyopia
- › Nashville Cat Rescue - Nashville, TN by NoraLoaf
- › CrackleChute Collapsible Tunnel by forestdweller46
- › Ultimate Touch Cat Claw Clipper by Tarasgirl06
- › Tidy Cats Scoop Tough Odor Solutions with Glade Cat Litter by anjayenunciates
- › Blue Buffalo Naturally Fresh Multi-Cat Clumping Cat Litter by anjayenunciates
- › K&H Thermo-Kitty Heated Cat Bed by roguethecat
- › Whiskas Purrfectly Fish Red Snapper in Natural Juices Food for Cats by DMTmeMYbaby
- › Litter Genie Plus Cat Litter Disposal System with Odor Free Pail... by misterwhiskers
- › How to Save Your Cat From These 16...
- › An Inspurrational Quote About The Beauty Of Cats
- › Kitty
- › Should I Get A Kitten As A Gift For My Kids?
- › Picture Of The Week #1565 - Sir Grumpsalot
- › 7 Shakespeare Quotes Matched Up With...
- › My Boney Girl
- › Are You An Expert On Newborn Kitten Rescue?
- › Living today. Not in yesterday, nor in...
- › Mr. Otto B. Wiggles