I am looking into changing my cat's food. I am wondering what is the best food to feed them? Right now they are eating Cat Chow.
Related Forum Threads
- Varying Flavors/Varieties of Wet Cat Food Last post on 6/11/14 at 12:35pm in Cat Nutrition
- Money, money, money... Best online sources for food? Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:10am in Cat Nutrition
- Which wet cat food is the best for its price? Last post on 5/24/14 at 2:07pm in Cat Nutrition
- Raw food best for cat, but is it safe for me? Last post on 6/2/14 at 3:56pm in Raw & Home-Cooked Cat Food
- Question About The Best Quality, Affordable Cat Food & Cat Litter Last post on 5/27/14 at 10:00am in Cat Nutrition
Choosing The Right Food for Your Cat
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat FoodLast edited: 8/2/14
- Canned Cat Food Recommended By TheCatSite.com MembersLast edited: 5/9/14
- Transitioning Free-Fed Kibble Kitties to Timed MealsLast edited: 1/15/14
- What Makes the Best Canned Cat Food?Last edited: 1/18/14
I have three cats and they all love this lounger/scratcher. It is card board like other less expensive scratchers but this one is made of a much sturdier card board. I have had it for a few months...
I purchased this carrier to use when taking my kitten to be spayed. I had a card board boxes that I bought when I adopted my other 2 adult kitties from a rescue. The boxes were fine for just...
The store where I purchased my Petmate Litter Catcher Mat only had the small size so I bought two mats to put in front of my cat's litter box. I overlap the mats a little so they don't get kicked...
My cat just won't eat this stuff. I had to hand feed it to her just to get her to try some then I used toppers of bonito flakes and crushed no grain kibble. I have warmed it, put it on super clean...
I wanted to ensure my new kitten did not use her claws on my furniture like my previous cat. So at an early age I presented her with 4 scratching type objects~ 1st was a carpet covered condo...
What is the best dry food to feed your cat?post #1 of 810/20/13 at 6:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 810/20/13 at 6:48pmDo you need to feed dry food for budgetary reasons? Because wet food is actually far healthier for cats. This site, written by a vet, explains why in an easy-to-understand manner: http://www.catinfo.org
We can help identify inexpensive canned foods that are pretty healthy for your kitties; we can also help identify better dry foods.
But please be aware that if your cats eat only dry food, they each need to drink about one cup of water a day each to remain properly hydrated: not hydrated from a medical standpoint, but to not be chronically mildly dehydrated (which places stress on the organs, especially the kidneys).post #3 of 810/20/13 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 810/20/13 at 7:10pmThis might be a stupid question, but the dogs can't be closed out of a room for the 10 or 15 minutes it would take to feed the cats' meals? Or there isn't a table on which you can feed the cats?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just putting ideas out there.
(The dogs don't eat their dry food? We care for feral cats, and at this point, I'm not sure the neighbors even need to feed their dogs... ).
When I use dry food for the ferals, I use Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken grain-free. To lower the cost, I sometimes mix it with 4Health from Tractor Supply (which is not grain free and rather high carb).post #5 of 810/20/13 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 810/21/13 at 10:18ampost #7 of 810/21/13 at 2:18pmThread Starter
- What is the best dry food to feed your cat?
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat Food
Currently, there are 341 Active Users (11 Members and 330 Guests)
- › Urgent - can anyone help? My cat is so sick and the vet thinks it's... 48 seconds ago
- › Can two females get along? 58 seconds ago
- › And now, we wait (Co-Op) 19 minutes ago
- › The Weight Loss Support Group - 2014 21 minutes ago
- › pregnant cat! 22 minutes ago
- › Your opinions on animal communicators 29 minutes ago
- › Can anyone tell me how far along she is? 35 minutes ago
- › my memory with kecek 36 minutes ago
- › Should I Still Be Hoping My Missing Cat Will Come Home? 43 minutes ago
- › My Toby cat's ancestors...? 49 minutes ago
- › PetFusion Cat Scratcher Lounge by CalTriTwiAmb4
- › Petmate Two Door Top Load Pet Kennel by CalTriTwiAmb4
- › Petmate Litter Catcher Mat Extra Large by CalTriTwiAmb4
- › Nature's Variety InstinctRaw Chicken Formula by Slykat12
- › Fat Cat Big Mama's Scratch 'n Play Ramp for Cats with Catnip by Slykat12
- › Nature's Variety InstinctRaw Lamb Formula by roguethecat
- › Cosmic Catnip Bouncy Bubbles by RebeccaLynn
- › Whiskas Temptations Tartar Control Treats for Cats by CleotheCatLover
- › Olmsted Falls Cat Rescue - OH by msasheaves
- › NVR Miss Litterbox: high wall cat litter box with center entrance by katachtig