I am looking into changing my cat's food. I am wondering what is the best food to feed them? Right now they are eating Cat Chow.
Related Forum Threads
- Varying Flavors/Varieties of Wet Cat Food Last post on 6/11/14 at 12:35pm in Cat Nutrition
- Money, money, money... Best online sources for food? Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:10am in Cat Nutrition
- Which wet cat food is the best for its price? Last post on 5/24/14 at 2:07pm in Cat Nutrition
- Raw food best for cat, but is it safe for me? Last post on 6/2/14 at 3:56pm in Raw & Home-Cooked Cat Food
- Question About The Best Quality, Affordable Cat Food & Cat Litter Last post on 5/27/14 at 10:00am in Cat Nutrition
Choosing The Right Food for Your Cat
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat FoodLast edited: 8/2/14
- Canned Cat Food Recommended By TheCatSite.com MembersLast edited: 5/9/14
- Transitioning Free-Fed Kibble Kitties to Timed MealsLast edited: 1/15/14
- What Makes the Best Canned Cat Food?Last edited: 1/18/14
Is the reason for the secret consomme ingredient not being acknowledged because it is SOY? Soy is a neurotoxtn used to raise protein rate of catfood. Secret ingredients are never good news.
We have a very active Maine coon who grows hair like crazy and always seems to pick up debris under his tail. Our vet recommended this, and we're glad we got it. Every time I use it, I pull off...
They will literally do anything for these little pieces of magic goodness. I don't know what they put in these to make them so amazing, but cats will quickly learn to do any thing and everything...
At 7.99 for 3 lbs of of 48 patties it may not be cheap but, this is the first raw food I can plop in the dish and it is eaten quickly. No more of me having to hand/force feed, cover with bonito...
For anyone looking to adopt from Tabby Town located in Westby, WI be warned that the shelter in Westby houses close to 60 cats at one time all running loose throughout the house including some that...
What is the best dry food to feed your cat?post #1 of 810/20/13 at 6:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 810/20/13 at 6:48pmDo you need to feed dry food for budgetary reasons? Because wet food is actually far healthier for cats. This site, written by a vet, explains why in an easy-to-understand manner: http://www.catinfo.org
We can help identify inexpensive canned foods that are pretty healthy for your kitties; we can also help identify better dry foods.
But please be aware that if your cats eat only dry food, they each need to drink about one cup of water a day each to remain properly hydrated: not hydrated from a medical standpoint, but to not be chronically mildly dehydrated (which places stress on the organs, especially the kidneys).post #3 of 810/20/13 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 810/20/13 at 7:10pmThis might be a stupid question, but the dogs can't be closed out of a room for the 10 or 15 minutes it would take to feed the cats' meals? Or there isn't a table on which you can feed the cats?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just putting ideas out there.
(The dogs don't eat their dry food? We care for feral cats, and at this point, I'm not sure the neighbors even need to feed their dogs... ).
When I use dry food for the ferals, I use Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken grain-free. To lower the cost, I sometimes mix it with 4Health from Tractor Supply (which is not grain free and rather high carb).post #5 of 810/20/13 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 810/21/13 at 10:18ampost #7 of 810/21/13 at 2:18pmThread Starter
- What is the best dry food to feed your cat?
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat Food
Currently, there are 440 Active Users (24 Members and 416 Guests)
- › Post Pics Of Your Cat's favorite napping spot 1 minute ago
- › Questions about SubQ fluids 4 minutes ago
- › Food-Centric Kitty! Canned or Dry?!?!?! 5 minutes ago
- › Creating a Private Bathroom for Cat 6 minutes ago
- › Obi keeps throwing up hairballs.. : ( 14 minutes ago
- › My new cat hates humans 17 minutes ago
- › calories per oz. Dr. Pierson's recipe using chicken thighs 24 minutes ago
- › Vote for your THREE favorite pictures of feral cats - PoM October 2014 35 minutes ago
- › Help with two little ones... 39 minutes ago
- › My cat has been peeing outside his litter box! 43 minutes ago
- › Tiki Cat Consomme by Opie Catt
- › FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats by VBCatParent
- › Whiskas Temptations Treats for Cats by IntrovertKitty
- › Primal Frozen Raw Turkey Nugget Cat Food by Slykat12
- › Tabby Town - Westby, WI by HunterScott
- › Whiskas Temptations Tartar Control Treats for Cats by thesighrye
- › PetSafe Electronic Pet Feeder by LTS3
- › Holistic Select Grain Free Chicken Liver & Lamb Pate Cat Can... by Slykat12
- › Petmate Deluxe Vari Kennel Jr by thesighrye
- › Fancy Feast Broths - Various Flavors by thesighrye
- › Cat Picture of the Week #19 & Getting...
- › Dublin L. P. Knowles - full of gingery goodness
- › National Feral Cat Day and Picture of the...
- › Keeping Feral Cats Safe During Winter Months
- › Sweetie, Dante, Cimba and Dutchess
- › Karly
- › We lost our Floyd and are looking for nother...
- › Site News and Picture of the Week #17
- › Treats - Kitty is an Addict!
- › Milo & Shadow Breeze