I am looking into changing my cat's food. I am wondering what is the best food to feed them? Right now they are eating Cat Chow.
Related Forum Threads
- Which are the 5 best dry commercial cat foods? Last post on 11/19/14 at 6:16pm in Cat Nutrition
- Is dry food really as bad as they say? Last post on 7/26/15 at 8:27am in Cat Nutrition
- Looking for a good high quality wet and dry cat food low grains or grainfree Last post on 7/9/15 at 5:09am in Cat Nutrition
- Acceptable medium-price canned cat foods? Last post on 7/10/15 at 1:18pm in Cat Nutrition
- Want to hear your cat's favorite food!! Last post on 7/26/15 at 10:08pm in Cat Nutrition
How To Choose The Right Food for Your Cat
Last edited: 7/17/15
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat FoodLast edited: 1/22/15
- Top 5 Brands of Wet Cat Food Our Members Love The MostLast edited: 6/26/15
- Transitioning Free-Fed Kibble Kitties to Timed MealsLast edited: 1/15/14
- What Makes the Best Canned Cat Food?Last edited: 1/18/14
Before finding these covers, I used the cheap, quick to crack, hard plastic grocery store ones for large cans. And for smaller cans I had to use foil or plastic wrap. Then I found these...
This is the only litter I've used, and I am pleased with it. It has a nice smell, controls odor, and lasts a long time. I never have to replace all the litter in the box, as removing clumps...
She loves this stuff. I pour it into her dish and scoop out the remain from the creases in the bottom of the pouch with a fork, add about an ounce of water and then mush it all up with a fork...
I bought my kitten from Karen Lemaster, owner of Pleasant Pond Bengals, in October 2014. The kitten she sold me had both ringworm and earmites. Despite my efforts to resolve the situation...
Ok, so I've been experimenting with litter, and thank goodness my boys don't care what it is, so long as they have a place to do their business. I own a "Giant" litter pan, and several large sized...
What is the best dry food to feed your cat?post #1 of 810/20/13 at 6:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 810/20/13 at 6:48pmDo you need to feed dry food for budgetary reasons? Because wet food is actually far healthier for cats. This site, written by a vet, explains why in an easy-to-understand manner: http://www.catinfo.org
We can help identify inexpensive canned foods that are pretty healthy for your kitties; we can also help identify better dry foods.
But please be aware that if your cats eat only dry food, they each need to drink about one cup of water a day each to remain properly hydrated: not hydrated from a medical standpoint, but to not be chronically mildly dehydrated (which places stress on the organs, especially the kidneys).post #3 of 810/20/13 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 810/20/13 at 7:10pmThis might be a stupid question, but the dogs can't be closed out of a room for the 10 or 15 minutes it would take to feed the cats' meals? Or there isn't a table on which you can feed the cats?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just putting ideas out there.
(The dogs don't eat their dry food? We care for feral cats, and at this point, I'm not sure the neighbors even need to feed their dogs... ).
When I use dry food for the ferals, I use Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken grain-free. To lower the cost, I sometimes mix it with 4Health from Tractor Supply (which is not grain free and rather high carb).post #5 of 810/20/13 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 810/21/13 at 10:18ampost #7 of 810/21/13 at 2:18pmThread Starter
- What is the best dry food to feed your cat?
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat Food
Currently, there are 629 Active Users (31 Members and 598 Guests)
- › The Rogue, a bully 8 seconds ago
- › Sick kitten 2 minutes ago
- › Just a few questions :) 4 minutes ago
- › Anesthetize my cat to remove matted hair? 4 minutes ago
- › My pregnant kitty: when will she pop???? 6 minutes ago
- › Food help please 9 minutes ago
- › Do cats remember each other? 11 minutes ago
- › Meet Minky Boodle and Jinxy Bean! 14 minutes ago
- › Spooked cat- delayed stress? 18 minutes ago
- › Worried about two cats I left behind 20 minutes ago
- › Whisker City Pet Food Can Cover by rubysmama
- › Purina Maxx Scoop Multi-Cat by rubysmama
- › Fancy Feast Broths - Various Flavors by CONVERT94
- › Pleasant Pond Bengals - Ridge, NY by deis1
- › SmartCat All Natural Clumping Litter, 5-Pound by Raksha
- › Mokave Cats - Jacksonville, FL by Captain1
- › Petkin Litter Box Wipes by rubysmama
- › Catification: Designing a Happy and Stylish Home for Your Cat (and... by gailpj
- › ABO Gear Kitty Compound Cat Play House by Handsome Kitty
- › Armarkat Cat Tree Model B7701 by Rhondalee
- › Our Maine Coons and one Bengal. The sweetest...
- › A Calico From Down Under - Picture Of The...
- › people who love black cat's and russian...
- › Dexter and Mina
- › Feline Toy Story: 21 Sweet Cats With Their...
- › The Cat of Puci Family
- › It's All About Love - Picture Of The...
- › Sassy Cat
- › Penny Grace
- › Warning: Cuteness Overload! Picture Of The...