I am looking into changing my cat's food. I am wondering what is the best food to feed them? Right now they are eating Cat Chow.
Related Forum Threads
- Which are the 5 best dry commercial cat foods? Last post on 11/19/14 at 6:16pm in Cat Nutrition
- Want to hear your cat's favorite food!! Last post on 6/10/15 at 11:30am in Cat Nutrition
- Wet vs. Dry Food Last post on 6/10/15 at 7:22am in Cat Nutrition
- Need help choosing new food Last post on 6/1/15 at 5:46pm in Cat Nutrition
- Advice on good dry food at reasonable price Last post on 5/24/15 at 12:04pm in Cat Nutrition
Choosing The Right Food for Your Cat
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat FoodLast edited: 1/22/15
- Top 5 Brands of Wet Cat Food Our Members Love The MostLast edited: 6/26/15
- Transitioning Free-Fed Kibble Kitties to Timed MealsLast edited: 1/15/14
- What Makes the Best Canned Cat Food?Last edited: 1/18/14
My girl Lucie loves, loves these little snacks. Surfer's Delite is voted best in her standards and her standards are high. All I have to do is shake the bag and that at will run toward you. She...
Granted, I got some samples of the food through an awesome contest here on The Cat Site, I can't judge on the pricing. It seems expensive on Amazon. My normally picky cat ate this food without...
I tried several brands I found the Purina Cat Chow Gatitos (as it's called in Mexico). It comes in a convenient 1500 gr that lasted me about 4-5 days for a momma and 4 baby cats. All of them...
My fiance proposed to me in May with our beautiful kitten which we picked out in Karen's home in early April. Most of the cats were kept in a separate room and we didn't see them however there was...
The Respiratory Relief doesn't seem like my kitty baby's favorite litter so far (out of 3) but it's mine! The other 3 were cheap, but very dusty and I couldn't stand the heavy perfume smell of the...
What is the best dry food to feed your cat?post #1 of 810/20/13 at 6:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 810/20/13 at 6:48pmDo you need to feed dry food for budgetary reasons? Because wet food is actually far healthier for cats. This site, written by a vet, explains why in an easy-to-understand manner: http://www.catinfo.org
We can help identify inexpensive canned foods that are pretty healthy for your kitties; we can also help identify better dry foods.
But please be aware that if your cats eat only dry food, they each need to drink about one cup of water a day each to remain properly hydrated: not hydrated from a medical standpoint, but to not be chronically mildly dehydrated (which places stress on the organs, especially the kidneys).post #3 of 810/20/13 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 810/20/13 at 7:10pmThis might be a stupid question, but the dogs can't be closed out of a room for the 10 or 15 minutes it would take to feed the cats' meals? Or there isn't a table on which you can feed the cats?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just putting ideas out there.
(The dogs don't eat their dry food? We care for feral cats, and at this point, I'm not sure the neighbors even need to feed their dogs... ).
When I use dry food for the ferals, I use Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken grain-free. To lower the cost, I sometimes mix it with 4Health from Tractor Supply (which is not grain free and rather high carb).post #5 of 810/20/13 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 810/21/13 at 10:18ampost #7 of 810/21/13 at 2:18pmThread Starter
- What is the best dry food to feed your cat?
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat Food
Currently, there are 594 Active Users (19 Members and 575 Guests)
- › HELP! First time kitten mom 2 minutes ago
- › Dog nip 2 minutes ago
- › Melatonin for Anxiety 3 minutes ago
- › No Tongue cat 4 minutes ago
- › Has anyone used Nomoflea? 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing New Timid Cat 7 minutes ago
- › Peeing and pooing all over 11 minutes ago
- › Is it possible- introductions? 11 minutes ago
- › Colloidal Silver and Coronavirus/FIP 13 minutes ago
- › Approximate delivery day for this mama kitty? 14 minutes ago
- › Whiskas Temptations Treats for Cats by LuciBell
- › Spring Naturals Grain Free Canned Cat Food - Various Flavors by Draco
- › Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food by MagiksGirl
- › Pleasant Pond Bengals - Ridge, NY by kaybee3
- › Precious Cat Respiratory Releif Clay Premium all Natual Cat Litter... by Bonitababy
- › Nulo FreeStyle Grain Free Canned Cat Food - Various Recipes/Flavors by Faeleen
- › The First Years American Red Cross Soothing Baby Scale by Bonitababy
- › Grreat Choice Cozy Inn Cat Tree by Bonitababy
- › Iams Proactive Health Adult Pate - various flavors by Juliacat
- › Grreat Choice® Pate Adult Cat Food by Juliacat
- › Without Blinking An Eye - Picture Of The Week...
- › I Need good name for 3 kittens help
- › Community Guidelines & Practices -...
- › Apat the Escape Artist
- › Little Miss Kitten, LMK
- › Mazy's cat page
- › Golden Eyes - Picture of the Week #1526
- › All About Purraise
- › Bucky the adorable kitten
- › Shades of Gray - Picture of the Week #1525