I am looking into changing my cat's food. I am wondering what is the best food to feed them? Right now they are eating Cat Chow.
Related Forum Threads
- Which are the 5 best dry commercial cat foods? Last post on 11/19/14 at 6:16pm in Cat Nutrition
- Dry Cat Food Last post on 4/12/16 at 4:23pm in Cat Nutrition
- Best Cat Food Brand? Last post on 3/11/16 at 6:48am in Cat Nutrition
- when to start limiting dry food? Last post on 3/13/16 at 4:44pm in Cat Nutrition
- Conflicted about cat food after visiting vet Last post on 2/20/16 at 3:59am in Cat Nutrition
How To Choose The Right Food for Your Cat
Last edited: 10/3/16
- Best Cat Food Of 2015: TCS Member ChoicesLast edited: 1/7/16
- How to choose the best dry cat food?Last edited: 10/4/16
- Top 5 Brands of Wet Cat Food Our Members Love The MostLast edited: 6/26/15
- Transitioning Free-Fed Kibble Kitties to Timed MealsLast edited: 1/15/14
I adopted my cat about five weeks ago, and she didn't seem really into toys. The only one she played with a lot was one of the dangling Kong toys I got her, and she ended up chewing through the...
This was another one on my list to try, my bed is in the same room as the litter box & I've had breathing issues in the past so when it comes to litter, I don't like dust. When the cats use this,...
This is one of the best wand toys on the market. Indy and Kabby both love it and it holds up against their teeth and claws. Kabby is a very strong cat and it holds up to his tug of war games. Have...
They are a neat little thrown toy that attracts cats with feathers and catnip. you toss the toy and the cat chases them and plays. it is a pretty good toy, and worth it, if you want soemthign a...
I have nothing really bad to say about this toy, except that my cat just never liked it very much, despite my efforts (I also tried their catnip stuffed fish,and had similar results) , preferring...
What is the best dry food to feed your cat?post #1 of 810/20/13 at 6:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 810/20/13 at 6:48pmDo you need to feed dry food for budgetary reasons? Because wet food is actually far healthier for cats. This site, written by a vet, explains why in an easy-to-understand manner: http://www.catinfo.org
We can help identify inexpensive canned foods that are pretty healthy for your kitties; we can also help identify better dry foods.
But please be aware that if your cats eat only dry food, they each need to drink about one cup of water a day each to remain properly hydrated: not hydrated from a medical standpoint, but to not be chronically mildly dehydrated (which places stress on the organs, especially the kidneys).post #3 of 810/20/13 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 810/20/13 at 7:10pmThis might be a stupid question, but the dogs can't be closed out of a room for the 10 or 15 minutes it would take to feed the cats' meals? Or there isn't a table on which you can feed the cats?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just putting ideas out there.
(The dogs don't eat their dry food? We care for feral cats, and at this point, I'm not sure the neighbors even need to feed their dogs... ).
When I use dry food for the ferals, I use Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken grain-free. To lower the cost, I sometimes mix it with 4Health from Tractor Supply (which is not grain free and rather high carb).post #5 of 810/20/13 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 810/21/13 at 10:18ampost #7 of 810/21/13 at 2:18pmThread Starter
- What is the best dry food to feed your cat?
- Best Cat Food Of 2015: TCS Member Choices
Currently, there are 799 Active Users (34 Members and 765 Guests)
- › I've got a technical problem 2 minutes ago
- › GAME - The Never, Ever, Ever Game 5 minutes ago
- › When To Introduce New Kittens 5 minutes ago
- › Need help with Vitamins and dosage 5 minutes ago
- › Plastic in primal dehydrated nuggets... 8 minutes ago
- › Game - Do you own a ...? 10 minutes ago
- › Game - Answer the last question and ask the next 11 minutes ago
- › Game - Change a letter - 5 letter words 13 minutes ago
- › GAME - The 'ing' game 14 minutes ago
- › The -Would You Ever - Game :) 15 minutes ago
- › Cat Charmer by permanentruby
- › Scoop Away Multi-Cat by msserena
- › Endless Possibilities Boinks Bamboozler by IndyJones
- › KONG Naturals Crinkle Ball with Feathers Cat Toy by Sargon
- › Cosmic 100-Percent Catnip Filled Chili Pepper by Sargon
- › Cosmic 100-Percent Catnip Filled Fish by Sargon
- › KONG Cat Cozie Kickeroo Assorted Catnip Toys by Sargon
- › KONG Cat Hugga Wubba Teaser Cat Toy (Colors Vary) by Sargon
- › Petstages Catnip Plaque-Away Pretzel Cat Chews by Sargon
- › SmartCat Peek-a-Prize Pet Toy Box by Sargon
- › Missy's Whiskers - Picture Of the Week...
- › The Cat Cone: A Complete Owner's Guide
- › Bernie, my FIV+ Bundle of Joy
- › Fluffy Grey Greyisha
- › Percy, Lost in Thought - Picture of the Week...
- › 21 Photos of Shoe-Obsessed Cats That Will...
- › Marco needs a forever home - Picture of the...
- › How to make your home BIGGER (at least for...
- › A Blue-eyed Girl - Picture of the Week #1605
- › Timmy!