I am looking into changing my cat's food. I am wondering what is the best food to feed them? Right now they are eating Cat Chow.
Related Forum Threads
- Which are the 5 best dry commercial cat foods? Last post on 11/19/14 at 6:16pm in Cat Nutrition
- Wants opinions on a good dry and wet cat food Last post on 1/30/15 at 12:24pm in Cat Nutrition
- Getting a 8 week old kitten to eat hard food Last post on 1/31/15 at 9:42am in Cat Nutrition
- Wanting the best for my kitten - what do you feed yours? Last post on 1/26/15 at 8:53pm in Cat Nutrition
- Best Cat Food Last post on 1/17/15 at 11:35am in Cat Nutrition
Choosing The Right Food for Your Cat
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat FoodLast edited: 1/22/15
- Canned Cat Food Recommended By TheCatSite.com MembersLast edited: 5/9/14
- Transitioning Free-Fed Kibble Kitties to Timed MealsLast edited: 1/15/14
- What Makes the Best Canned Cat Food?Last edited: 1/18/14
I loved this fountain because my cats liked it and used it but a couple months of use it kept overflowing and soaking the carpet . I faithfully cleaned it every week too . Just could not figure...
My cats love this kibble .. It smells fresh , the kibble is small chunky star shapes ..
Ive bought two cats from Nightmist. And while I find their cats absolutely beautiful, both cats have had health problems. Has anyone else have the same experience!
Do not buy this...shampoo is more effective, and much cheaper.
so the idea is great: you put the pheromones right under the cat's nose and they calm her down. Unfortunately, the carrier for the pheromones is a powdery substance that comes off in huge flakes...
What is the best dry food to feed your cat?post #1 of 810/20/13 at 6:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 810/20/13 at 6:48pmDo you need to feed dry food for budgetary reasons? Because wet food is actually far healthier for cats. This site, written by a vet, explains why in an easy-to-understand manner: http://www.catinfo.org
We can help identify inexpensive canned foods that are pretty healthy for your kitties; we can also help identify better dry foods.
But please be aware that if your cats eat only dry food, they each need to drink about one cup of water a day each to remain properly hydrated: not hydrated from a medical standpoint, but to not be chronically mildly dehydrated (which places stress on the organs, especially the kidneys).post #3 of 810/20/13 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 810/20/13 at 7:10pmThis might be a stupid question, but the dogs can't be closed out of a room for the 10 or 15 minutes it would take to feed the cats' meals? Or there isn't a table on which you can feed the cats?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just putting ideas out there.
(The dogs don't eat their dry food? We care for feral cats, and at this point, I'm not sure the neighbors even need to feed their dogs... ).
When I use dry food for the ferals, I use Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken grain-free. To lower the cost, I sometimes mix it with 4Health from Tractor Supply (which is not grain free and rather high carb).post #5 of 810/20/13 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 810/21/13 at 10:18ampost #7 of 810/21/13 at 2:18pmThread Starter
- What is the best dry food to feed your cat?
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat Food
Currently, there are 324 Active Users (6 Members and 318 Guests)
- › do we potty train our kitties? 10 minutes ago
- › New to Board 25 minutes ago
- › Kitty diagnosed with Asthma 34 minutes ago
- › What is my cat breed . I am lost 48 minutes ago
- › What's for dinner? - 2015 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › 8 Y/O Kitty rear legs are very weak 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Adjusting 10 year old cat to new home? 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Biting 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › Ideas for Homemade cat toys and furniture? 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › Game - Name the Next Tune 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain by 2Cats4Me
- › Chase Cat Food - All Life Stages Formula Size: 11 lbs by 2Cats4Me
- › Nightmist Abyssinians and Somalis - Sooke Canada by Twizzler
- › Merial Frontline Plus Flea and Tick Control for Cats and Kittens by Felinita
- › Sentry Good Behavior Pheromone Collar for Cats by roguethecat
- › OurPets Durapet Bowl Cat Dish by 2Cats4Me
- › The Cat Owner's Manual: Operating Instructions,... by 2Cats4Me
- › Cat Handbook, The (Barron's Pet Handbooks) by 2Cats4Me
- › Ethical Pet Spotbrites Laser Pet Toy and Exerciser by 2Cats4Me
- › Cat Dancer Cat Charmer Interactive Cat Toy by 2Cats4Me
- › New Cat Checklist: What You Need to Get...
- › Cat Picture of the Week #1509 and...
- › Cat Picture of the Week - Makena!
- › Sashimi - Scottish Straight fawn male
- › Kika - Scottish Straight blue female
- › Sushi - Scottish Straight male
- › Site News & Cat Picture of the Week #1507
- › Julius Caesar the Maine Coon
- › Grady's Page
- › The Ultimate - Yet Simplified - Guide to...