I am looking into changing my cat's food. I am wondering what is the best food to feed them? Right now they are eating Cat Chow.
Related Forum Threads
- Varying Flavors/Varieties of Wet Cat Food Last post on 6/11/14 at 12:35pm in Cat Nutrition
- Money, money, money... Best online sources for food? Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:10am in Cat Nutrition
- Which wet cat food is the best for its price? Last post on 5/24/14 at 2:07pm in Cat Nutrition
- Raw food best for cat, but is it safe for me? Last post on 6/2/14 at 3:56pm in Raw & Home-Cooked Cat Food
- Question About The Best Quality, Affordable Cat Food & Cat Litter Last post on 5/27/14 at 10:00am in Cat Nutrition
Choosing The Right Food for Your Cat
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat FoodLast edited: 8/2/14
- Canned Cat Food Recommended By TheCatSite.com MembersLast edited: 5/9/14
- Transitioning Free-Fed Kibble Kitties to Timed MealsLast edited: 1/15/14
- What Makes the Best Canned Cat Food?Last edited: 1/18/14
This fountain is great. It was not expensive, works like a charm and best of all, kitty drinks from it very often because she is attracted to it. The fountain is small so it is placed very nicely...
I have bought this brand ever since I got my kitten 5 months ago. I LOVE IT! The fresh sawdust smell covers up any odor my cat leaves. My kitten doesn't mind the pellets, although at first she...
Is the reason for the secret consomme ingredient not being acknowledged because it is SOY? Soy is a neurotoxtn used to raise protein rate of catfood. Secret ingredients are never good news.
We have a very active Maine coon who grows hair like crazy and always seems to pick up debris under his tail. Our vet recommended this, and we're glad we got it. Every time I use it, I pull off...
They will literally do anything for these little pieces of magic goodness. I don't know what they put in these to make them so amazing, but cats will quickly learn to do any thing and everything...
What is the best dry food to feed your cat?post #1 of 810/20/13 at 6:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 810/20/13 at 6:48pmDo you need to feed dry food for budgetary reasons? Because wet food is actually far healthier for cats. This site, written by a vet, explains why in an easy-to-understand manner: http://www.catinfo.org
We can help identify inexpensive canned foods that are pretty healthy for your kitties; we can also help identify better dry foods.
But please be aware that if your cats eat only dry food, they each need to drink about one cup of water a day each to remain properly hydrated: not hydrated from a medical standpoint, but to not be chronically mildly dehydrated (which places stress on the organs, especially the kidneys).post #3 of 810/20/13 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 810/20/13 at 7:10pmThis might be a stupid question, but the dogs can't be closed out of a room for the 10 or 15 minutes it would take to feed the cats' meals? Or there isn't a table on which you can feed the cats?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just putting ideas out there.
(The dogs don't eat their dry food? We care for feral cats, and at this point, I'm not sure the neighbors even need to feed their dogs... ).
When I use dry food for the ferals, I use Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken grain-free. To lower the cost, I sometimes mix it with 4Health from Tractor Supply (which is not grain free and rather high carb).post #5 of 810/20/13 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 810/21/13 at 10:18ampost #7 of 810/21/13 at 2:18pmThread Starter
- What is the best dry food to feed your cat?
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat Food
Currently, there are 412 Active Users (17 Members and 395 Guests)
- › 5 week old fosters won't get over diarrhea - need help with... 3 minutes ago
- › Is ANY canned food Truly better than any kibble ? 3 minutes ago
- › Older kitty tries to use the litter box, but pees over the edge... 10 minutes ago
- › Graviest cat food? 11 minutes ago
- › Anyone worried about Ebola? 11 minutes ago
- › Rodent ulcer? (Pic included) 16 minutes ago
- › A struggling caregiver... 22 minutes ago
- › Beautiful cat! But what is he? 28 minutes ago
- › when to get a collar for cat 30 minutes ago
- › Pregnant Stray! 39 minutes ago
- › Catit Fresh & Clear Small Drinking Fountain by Shadowbaby14
- › Feline Pine Original Cat Litter by Xochitl14
- › Tiki Cat Consomme by Opie Catt
- › FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats by VBCatParent
- › Whiskas Temptations Treats for Cats by IntrovertKitty
- › Primal Frozen Raw Turkey Nugget Cat Food by Slykat12
- › Tabby Town - Westby, WI by HunterScott
- › Whiskas Temptations Tartar Control Treats for Cats by thesighrye
- › PetSafe Electronic Pet Feeder by LTS3
- › Holistic Select Grain Free Chicken Liver & Lamb Pate Cat Can... by Slykat12
- › Be kind to your cat's behinds! Dirty Cat...
- › Cat Picture of the Week #19 & Getting...
- › Dublin L. P. Knowles - full of gingery goodness
- › National Feral Cat Day and Picture of the...
- › Keeping Feral Cats Safe During Winter Months
- › Sweetie, Dante, Cimba and Dutchess
- › Karly
- › We lost our Floyd and are looking for nother...
- › Site News and Picture of the Week #17
- › Treats - Kitty is an Addict!