I am looking into changing my cat's food. I am wondering what is the best food to feed them? Right now they are eating Cat Chow.
Related Forum Threads
- Which are the 5 best dry commercial cat foods? Last post on 11/19/14 at 6:16pm in Cat Nutrition
- Dry Cat Food Last post on 4/12/16 at 4:23pm in Cat Nutrition
- Best Cat Food Brand? Last post on 3/11/16 at 6:48am in Cat Nutrition
- when to start limiting dry food? Last post on 3/13/16 at 4:44pm in Cat Nutrition
- Conflicted about cat food after visiting vet Last post on 2/20/16 at 3:59am in Cat Nutrition
How To Choose The Right Food for Your Cat
Last edited: 7/17/15
- Best Cat Food Of 2015: TCS Member ChoicesLast edited: 1/7/16
- What makes the best dry cat food?Last edited: 6/10/16
- Top 5 Brands of Wet Cat Food Our Members Love The MostLast edited: 6/26/15
- Transitioning Free-Fed Kibble Kitties to Timed MealsLast edited: 1/15/14
I have the unheated version of this bed, attached to the window in the bedroom. Kitties love to sleep on it at night and use it as a perch in the mornings to see what's happening in the outside...
This toy has been one pleasant surprise after the next. Both Paul and Chula love it and play with it daily. The random nature of the wand and the feathers work together to imitate prey trying to...
My cats really liked this toy when it first arrived but it turns out they do not like the covered style of the racetrack as much as they like the more open styles. They still bat the feather...
Both Paul and Chula love this feeder and use it all the time. I keep small amounts of kibble in it at night so they won't wake me up too early for breakfast and they enjoy fishing out the kibble...
I was looking for an electronic toy that would help work off some of Chulas's energy but had held off getting this one, or others in the same vein, because I'd read that they kept turning off when...
What is the best dry food to feed your cat?post #1 of 810/20/13 at 6:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 810/20/13 at 6:48pmDo you need to feed dry food for budgetary reasons? Because wet food is actually far healthier for cats. This site, written by a vet, explains why in an easy-to-understand manner: http://www.catinfo.org
We can help identify inexpensive canned foods that are pretty healthy for your kitties; we can also help identify better dry foods.
But please be aware that if your cats eat only dry food, they each need to drink about one cup of water a day each to remain properly hydrated: not hydrated from a medical standpoint, but to not be chronically mildly dehydrated (which places stress on the organs, especially the kidneys).post #3 of 810/20/13 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 810/20/13 at 7:10pmThis might be a stupid question, but the dogs can't be closed out of a room for the 10 or 15 minutes it would take to feed the cats' meals? Or there isn't a table on which you can feed the cats?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just putting ideas out there.
(The dogs don't eat their dry food? We care for feral cats, and at this point, I'm not sure the neighbors even need to feed their dogs... ).
When I use dry food for the ferals, I use Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken grain-free. To lower the cost, I sometimes mix it with 4Health from Tractor Supply (which is not grain free and rather high carb).post #5 of 810/20/13 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 810/21/13 at 10:18ampost #7 of 810/21/13 at 2:18pmThread Starter
- What is the best dry food to feed your cat?
- Best Cat Food Of 2015: TCS Member Choices
Currently, there are 539 Active Users (36 Members and 503 Guests)
- › Female Cat Smells Bad 1 minute ago
- › What do you know about Whiskas? 1 minute ago
- › have my pregnant cat belly dropped? 3 minutes ago
- › Kitten with a lot of health issues, flu related? 4 minutes ago
- › The Song Title Game - Scattergories Version 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing Rudy...... 6 minutes ago
- › White nodule on cat's cheek - should I take her to the vet? see photo 6 minutes ago
- › How does your cat show her/his love for you? 9 minutes ago
- › Caring for Andy 10 minutes ago
- › Senior cat and 10 week old kitten 13 minutes ago
- › K&H Thermo Heated Kitty Sill by betsygee
- › SmartyKat Loco! Motion Cat Toy Automated Activity Toy by Margd
- › KONG CA42 Eight Track Catnip Toy by Margd
- › Catit Design Senses Treat Maze by Margd
- › SmartyKat Hot Pursuit Cat Toy Concealed Motion Toy by Margd
- › Turbo Scratcher Cat Toy by Ginny
- › Fancy Feast Broths - Various Flavors by catluvr321
- › Life Essentials Freeze Dried Chicken Cat Treat Size: 5 Oz by MrsTY
- › Petlinks System Twinkle Chute Cat Tunnel by raysmyheart
- › PureBites Cat Treats by Jackson76
- › When to spay or neuter a cat?
- › Mars
- › Stunning Close-Up Of A Cat's Eyes -...
- › Hello,here is Mr.White
- › Can cats have Down Syndrome?
- › Inspurrational Quote: Happiness never...
- › Quiz: If your cat had a job what would it be?
- › Adorable Balinese Kitten - Picture Of The...
- › 18 Hilarious Cat Photobombs (And One Dog...
- › How Old Do Kittens Have To Be To Leave Their...