I am looking into changing my cat's food. I am wondering what is the best food to feed them? Right now they are eating Cat Chow.
Related Forum Threads
- Varying Flavors/Varieties of Wet Cat Food Last post on 6/11/14 at 12:35pm in Cat Nutrition
- Money, money, money... Best online sources for food? Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:10am in Cat Nutrition
- Which wet cat food is the best for its price? Last post on 5/24/14 at 2:07pm in Cat Nutrition
- Raw food best for cat, but is it safe for me? Last post on 6/2/14 at 3:56pm in Raw & Home-Cooked Cat Food
- Question About The Best Quality, Affordable Cat Food & Cat Litter Last post on 5/27/14 at 10:00am in Cat Nutrition
Choosing The Right Food for Your Cat
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat FoodLast edited: 8/2/14
- Canned Cat Food Recommended By TheCatSite.com MembersLast edited: 5/9/14
- Transitioning Free-Fed Kibble Kitties to Timed MealsLast edited: 1/15/14
- What Makes the Best Canned Cat Food?Last edited: 1/18/14
The Pioneer Fountain Big Max replaced a plastic fountain with a smaller water capacity and which stood higher off the floor. Angel likes being able to sit to drink and I like not having to refill...
Forgotten Cats is an organization that spays or neuters cats, recuperates them and returns them to their owners or caretakers. Too many times, the owners have to do the trapping and if they are...
I was fortunate enough to come by one of these at a local discount retailer (Homegoods, I believe) for $15 as I understand they normally retail for more. It's a very durable tool I used on our late...
I have tried buying other cat food for my two cats and they will walk away from their food bowls. Fancy feast is the only cat food they will eat. The love all flavors of fancy feast. The gravy...
I bought this product very soon after we got our two kittens. They were 3 months old when we got them and even though they were on wet food, I did feel they didn't drink enough water. We tried...
What is the best dry food to feed your cat?post #1 of 810/20/13 at 6:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 810/20/13 at 6:48pmDo you need to feed dry food for budgetary reasons? Because wet food is actually far healthier for cats. This site, written by a vet, explains why in an easy-to-understand manner: http://www.catinfo.org
We can help identify inexpensive canned foods that are pretty healthy for your kitties; we can also help identify better dry foods.
But please be aware that if your cats eat only dry food, they each need to drink about one cup of water a day each to remain properly hydrated: not hydrated from a medical standpoint, but to not be chronically mildly dehydrated (which places stress on the organs, especially the kidneys).post #3 of 810/20/13 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 810/20/13 at 7:10pmThis might be a stupid question, but the dogs can't be closed out of a room for the 10 or 15 minutes it would take to feed the cats' meals? Or there isn't a table on which you can feed the cats?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just putting ideas out there.
(The dogs don't eat their dry food? We care for feral cats, and at this point, I'm not sure the neighbors even need to feed their dogs... ).
When I use dry food for the ferals, I use Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken grain-free. To lower the cost, I sometimes mix it with 4Health from Tractor Supply (which is not grain free and rather high carb).post #5 of 810/20/13 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 810/21/13 at 10:18ampost #7 of 810/21/13 at 2:18pmThread Starter
- What is the best dry food to feed your cat?
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat Food
Currently, there are 190 Active Users (5 Members and 185 Guests)
- › Game - Name a Song That Has a Woman's Name in the Title 44 minutes ago
- › raw food-CountryPet Naturals lamb & chicken frozen raw 53 minutes ago
- › Do cats remember - Bad vets trip 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Picture of the Month Contest - Your Favorite Cat Photo - September... 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Ragdoll Cat: kcal intake 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › Help please!!! Found a stray kitten. 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › how much wet food do you feed your cat? 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › Nutro Natural Choice canned? 2 hours ago
- › Male cat with sever urinary blockage and renal failure/toxicity....... 2 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2014 2 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Pioneer Fountain Big Max- Stainless Steel by AngelsMom1988
- › Forgotten Cats - Greenville, DE by Ondine
- › FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats by Lyrajean
- › Fancy Feast Classic Gourmet Cat Food by wsscgirl
- › Drinkwell Original Pet Fountain by Caralian
- › Tiki Cat Consomme by WebbieWabbit
- › Fancy Feast Broths with Tuna Shrimp and Whitefish Pet Food, 32-Pack by BeeoftheWoods
- › Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain by gladys
- › Stella & Chewy's Tummy Ticklin' Turkey Freeze Dried... by gladys
- › Cosmic Catnip Filled Banana by FizzyCrow