I am looking into changing my cat's food. I am wondering what is the best food to feed them? Right now they are eating Cat Chow.
Related Forum Threads
- Which are the 5 best dry commercial cat foods? Last post on 11/19/14 at 6:16pm in Cat Nutrition
- Critique My Cat Food Selections Last post on 9/19/15 at 5:17pm in Cat Nutrition
- Is dry food really as bad as they say? Last post on 7/30/15 at 2:43am in Cat Nutrition
- Looking for a good high quality wet and dry cat food low grains or grainfree Last post on 7/9/15 at 5:09am in Cat Nutrition
- Acceptable medium-price canned cat foods? Last post on 7/10/15 at 1:18pm in Cat Nutrition
How To Choose The Right Food for Your Cat
Last edited: 7/17/15
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat FoodLast edited: 1/22/15
- Top 5 Brands of Wet Cat Food Our Members Love The MostLast edited: 6/26/15
- Transitioning Free-Fed Kibble Kitties to Timed MealsLast edited: 1/15/14
- What Makes the Best Canned Cat Food?Last edited: 1/18/14
I have fed this to most of my cats as a treat for years. When I got Zander and she was so sick I decided to feed her primarily wet food and got this, big mistake. Although my other cats would eat...
Zander walked away from other wet foods. It's the only wet food that she has actually devoured. She will not leave her bowl until it is empty. That says a lot. I like that it don't have the nasty...
I got a sample of this and my cats like it much better than the Fit & Free .. I think they like the fishy flavor ..
My actually like this food very much but the carbs are very high ..
But , my cats are Royal Canin fans all the way .. They love this flavor a lot ..
What is the best dry food to feed your cat?post #1 of 810/20/13 at 6:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 810/20/13 at 6:48pmDo you need to feed dry food for budgetary reasons? Because wet food is actually far healthier for cats. This site, written by a vet, explains why in an easy-to-understand manner: http://www.catinfo.org
We can help identify inexpensive canned foods that are pretty healthy for your kitties; we can also help identify better dry foods.
But please be aware that if your cats eat only dry food, they each need to drink about one cup of water a day each to remain properly hydrated: not hydrated from a medical standpoint, but to not be chronically mildly dehydrated (which places stress on the organs, especially the kidneys).post #3 of 810/20/13 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 810/20/13 at 7:10pmThis might be a stupid question, but the dogs can't be closed out of a room for the 10 or 15 minutes it would take to feed the cats' meals? Or there isn't a table on which you can feed the cats?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just putting ideas out there.
(The dogs don't eat their dry food? We care for feral cats, and at this point, I'm not sure the neighbors even need to feed their dogs... ).
When I use dry food for the ferals, I use Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken grain-free. To lower the cost, I sometimes mix it with 4Health from Tractor Supply (which is not grain free and rather high carb).post #5 of 810/20/13 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 810/21/13 at 10:18ampost #7 of 810/21/13 at 2:18pmThread Starter
- What is the best dry food to feed your cat?
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat Food
Currently, there are 482 Active Users (21 Members and 461 Guests)
- › so one of my kitties killed a mouse today... 4 minutes ago
- › 6 year old cat with wet FIP. Need support from those who have been... 8 minutes ago
- › CAT-astrophe! 9 minutes ago
- › What's for dinner? - 2015 11 minutes ago
- › Say hello to the new grandkitty... 29 minutes ago
- › Game - Word Association 30 minutes ago
- › My cat just went blind. 33 minutes ago
- › Clipped nail too short and kitten hasn't used the litter box since... 33 minutes ago
- › Your favorite weaning food? 36 minutes ago
- › I'm new and I have 2 kittens! 50 minutes ago
- › 9 Lives Daily Essentials by kntrygrl256
- › Fancy Feast Classic Gourmet Cat Food by kntrygrl256
- › Go! Sensitivity and Shine Grain Free Trout by 2Cats4Me
- › Fromm Grain Free Dry Cat Food - Various Flavors by 2Cats4Me
- › Royal Canin Dry Cat Food, Indoor Light 40 Formula by 2Cats4Me
- › Hill's Science Diet Mature Adult Savory Chicken Entree Minced... by 2Cats4Me
- › Friskies Cat Food Meaty Bits Senior by 2Cats4Me
- › Fancy Feast Gourmet Kitten Food by 2Cats4Me
- › Blue Buffalo Spa Select Canned Cat Food by 2Cats4Me
- › Two Comrades - Culpeper, Virginia & Southern California by kzmsm713
- › Why A Professional Pet Sitter is the Right...
- › Angua Von Uberwald
- › Picture of the week: Dallas, the kitten who...
- › happy&noghreh
- › Picture of the week: Andromeda and her pal
- › Carrot Ironfounderson
- › Picture of the week: A New Cat Enclosure
- › Ode to Lilac
- › The three trouble makers
- › Picture of the week: Tree climber