I am looking into changing my cat's food. I am wondering what is the best food to feed them? Right now they are eating Cat Chow.
- categoryDry Cat Foodtagged by Anne, 11/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- High quality dry food with cheap wet food, or vice versa? Last post on 2/23/14 at 9:25pm in Cat Nutrition
- Urinary S0 combined with another brand of dry food?? Last post on 11/30/13 at 11:37am in Cat Nutrition
- Cat Food Ratings by Brand Last post on 9/4/13 at 11:09am in Cat Nutrition
- Feeding only dry food?? Last post on 3/26/14 at 6:08pm in Cat Nutrition
- How many times do cats usually go poop a day? Last post on 9/4/13 at 12:48pm in Cat Health
Transitioning Free-Fed Kibble Kitties to Timed Meals
Last edited: 1/15/14
- Grain-Free Cat Food – What Does It Mean?Last edited: 1/8/14
- Choosing The Right Food for Your CatLast edited: 1/2/14
I adopted Lucy in March of 2012 and when I brought her home, she vomited almost immediately after eating. I quickly switched her over to Nutro Natural Choice and she stopped completely! She is a...
I was suggested two years ago and bought several bottles trying to prevent one of my young cat to attack my elder one. We never feel it works for us.
I purchased one of these off Amazon.com for the new (8month old) kitten we'd brought home in October. I was really surprised at how easy it was to put together and how well it worked (and still...
I have two cats with IBD and one with kidney disease. Two are underweight and I'm always looking for supplements to help their digestion. One IBD kitty also has FHV, pretty well controlled with...
This collar was recommended to me to help my cat deal with anxiety and agitation, I think mostly related to his going deaf. He was yowling day and night. I ordered an extra small, single wide...
What is the best dry food to feed your cat?post #1 of 810/20/13 at 6:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 810/20/13 at 6:48pmDo you need to feed dry food for budgetary reasons? Because wet food is actually far healthier for cats. This site, written by a vet, explains why in an easy-to-understand manner: http://www.catinfo.org
We can help identify inexpensive canned foods that are pretty healthy for your kitties; we can also help identify better dry foods.
But please be aware that if your cats eat only dry food, they each need to drink about one cup of water a day each to remain properly hydrated: not hydrated from a medical standpoint, but to not be chronically mildly dehydrated (which places stress on the organs, especially the kidneys).post #3 of 810/20/13 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 810/20/13 at 7:10pmThis might be a stupid question, but the dogs can't be closed out of a room for the 10 or 15 minutes it would take to feed the cats' meals? Or there isn't a table on which you can feed the cats?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just putting ideas out there.
(The dogs don't eat their dry food? We care for feral cats, and at this point, I'm not sure the neighbors even need to feed their dogs... ).
When I use dry food for the ferals, I use Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken grain-free. To lower the cost, I sometimes mix it with 4Health from Tractor Supply (which is not grain free and rather high carb).post #5 of 810/20/13 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 810/21/13 at 10:18ampost #7 of 810/21/13 at 2:18pmThread Starter
- What is the best dry food to feed your cat?
- Grain-Free Cat Food – What Does It Mean?
Currently, there are 277 Active Users (20 Members and 257 Guests)
- › Kitty tummy troubles 5 minutes ago
- › Want to play?!! Word Association Game !! 6 minutes ago
- › Heartbleed Bug 7 minutes ago
- › Please Help. IBD, Lymphoma, or other. Charlie is running out of time 8 minutes ago
- › The Cat Diaries 8 minutes ago
- › Photo update of Lucas 12 minutes ago
- › Forum pictionary! 18 minutes ago
- › Cat Suddenly Won't Eat His Favorite Food? 20 minutes ago
- › My sweet girl is pregnant 27 minutes ago
- › Found Kitty! Meowing a lot! 28 minutes ago
- › Nutro Natural Choice Chicken & Whole Brown Rice Indoor Adult... by VanHow10
- › Feliway Plug-In Diffuser with Refill by beiyan
- › Catit Design Senses Play Circuit by 3catgurl
- › Trophy Prozyme Plus Powder Pet Supplement by betsygee
- › Calm Me Down Calming Collars by betsygee
- › C.E.T. Toothpaste by catbehaviors
- › Paws and Claws® Scoopable Kitty Litter by xcourtney3
- › Cat Tunnel Ultimate Bonus Toy Pack - Collapsible 3 Way Tunnel,... by MissSweetKitty
- › Whiskas Temptations Treats for Cats by kittenpuffs
- › Whisker Lickin's Tender Moments by MissSweetKitty
- › A Cat That Glows in the Dark - Interview with... by Anne
- › Sadie Rose-Prettiest orange tabby girl by Sadie Rose
- › Millie & Milo by LilMsssMilly
- › Kittycats oh Kittycats by Beyza Gunn
- › Giardia and Giardiasis in Cats by Anne
- › Genetic Testing for Your Cat - Interview with... by Anne
- › My Catheosis by jcat
- › Cat Beast and Me by RufioCat
- › Coral the Calico by edenandcoral723
- › Four Common Worms in Cats by Anne