I am looking into changing my cat's food. I am wondering what is the best food to feed them? Right now they are eating Cat Chow.
Related Forum Threads
- Which are the 5 best dry commercial cat foods? Last post on 11/19/14 at 6:16pm in Cat Nutrition
- Dry Cat Food Last post on 4/12/16 at 4:23pm in Cat Nutrition
- Best Cat Food Brand? Last post on 3/11/16 at 6:48am in Cat Nutrition
- when to start limiting dry food? Last post on 3/13/16 at 4:44pm in Cat Nutrition
- Conflicted about cat food after visiting vet Last post on 2/20/16 at 3:59am in Cat Nutrition
How To Choose The Right Food for Your Cat
Last edited: 7/17/15
- Best Cat Food Of 2015: TCS Member ChoicesLast edited: 1/7/16
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat FoodLast edited: 1/22/15
- Top 5 Brands of Wet Cat Food Our Members Love The MostLast edited: 6/26/15
- Transitioning Free-Fed Kibble Kitties to Timed MealsLast edited: 1/15/14
I bought this for my daredevil cat. She's tried to jump from my balcony into nearby trees. She is fearless. I wanted a chance for her to be out on the deck with me and this does the job...
I have 2 cats and have tried pretty much everything - regular litter, clumping litter, newspaper based litter, pine based litter, dried corn litter, litterrobot, self cleaning litter pans, etc....
Voted as a death trap as soon as it was put together and put in place. Took apart re-boxed and returned to store. It would have taken installing a mounted hook in our ceiling to make this safe....
I have been in the process of researching Siberian cats and breeders in hopes of getting a cat that my cat allergic husband can tolerate. I have looked a pages and pages of websites multiple times...
My cats want to eat dry food. I don't want them to eat dry food. I think that a wet only diet is much better for them. Unfortunately, they are very picky eaters so we compromise. I give them a...
What is the best dry food to feed your cat?post #1 of 810/20/13 at 6:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 810/20/13 at 6:48pmDo you need to feed dry food for budgetary reasons? Because wet food is actually far healthier for cats. This site, written by a vet, explains why in an easy-to-understand manner: http://www.catinfo.org
We can help identify inexpensive canned foods that are pretty healthy for your kitties; we can also help identify better dry foods.
But please be aware that if your cats eat only dry food, they each need to drink about one cup of water a day each to remain properly hydrated: not hydrated from a medical standpoint, but to not be chronically mildly dehydrated (which places stress on the organs, especially the kidneys).post #3 of 810/20/13 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 810/20/13 at 7:10pmThis might be a stupid question, but the dogs can't be closed out of a room for the 10 or 15 minutes it would take to feed the cats' meals? Or there isn't a table on which you can feed the cats?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just putting ideas out there.
(The dogs don't eat their dry food? We care for feral cats, and at this point, I'm not sure the neighbors even need to feed their dogs... ).
When I use dry food for the ferals, I use Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken grain-free. To lower the cost, I sometimes mix it with 4Health from Tractor Supply (which is not grain free and rather high carb).post #5 of 810/20/13 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 810/21/13 at 10:18ampost #7 of 810/21/13 at 2:18pmThread Starter
- What is the best dry food to feed your cat?
- Best Cat Food Of 2015: TCS Member Choices
Currently, there are 637 Active Users (20 Members and 617 Guests)
- › When will she learn to drink from a saucer? 3 minutes ago
- › New to cats with abandoned infant 5 minutes ago
- › Greetings from Suzy and I, Chicagoland, Illinois 7 minutes ago
- › I think there are kittens stuck in our walls please help! 12 minutes ago
- › Hi Everyone! 14 minutes ago
- › Pushing screens out of windows 20 minutes ago
- › Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too! 20 minutes ago
- › Cyst on 1 of my Cats Kidneys 27 minutes ago
- › What Breed of Cat is This 29 minutes ago
- › Cat started peeing in house 39 minutes ago
- › ABO Gear Happy Habitat for Indoor Cats by Pipperoo
- › Odour Buster Cat Litter by Betsy Conner
- › Cat Craft 3-Tier Cat Climbing Tree by Kittens Mom
- › ForestWind Siberians - Buffalo, NY by naomishaikh
- › Orijen Cat & Kitten Dry Cat Food by Kat0121
- › Pawsitively Exhausted Ladies Sleepshirt by raysmyheart
- › Ethical Slotted Balls Cat Toy by Novathekittycat
- › KONG Cat ZoomGroom by Alina Chen
- › Petco.com by dorimon
- › SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post by dorimon
- › Suzy the Rescued Princess :-)
- › Tattercoated Little Beauty - Cat Picture of...
- › Snowball (aka Fat Cat)
- › Scaramouche
- › Sox the Ninja
- › Miss Honey
- › Springtime Inspiration From A Kitten
- › Quiz: Let's Play Cat Trivia!
- › The Magnificent Barney Bigsleigh - Picture Of...
- › Weaning: How To Get Your Kittens To Eat On...