I am looking into changing my cat's food. I am wondering what is the best food to feed them? Right now they are eating Cat Chow.
Related Forum Threads
- Which are the 5 best dry commercial cat foods? Last post on 11/19/14 at 6:16pm in Cat Nutrition
- Dry Cat Food Last post on 4/12/16 at 4:23pm in Cat Nutrition
- Best Cat Food Brand? Last post on 3/11/16 at 6:48am in Cat Nutrition
- when to start limiting dry food? Last post on 3/13/16 at 4:44pm in Cat Nutrition
- Conflicted about cat food after visiting vet Last post on 2/20/16 at 3:59am in Cat Nutrition
How To Choose The Right Food for Your Cat
Last edited: 10/3/16
- Best Cat Food Of 2015: TCS Member ChoicesLast edited: 1/7/16
- How to choose the best dry cat food?Last edited: 10/4/16
- Top 5 Brands of Wet Cat Food Our Members Love The MostLast edited: 6/26/15
- Transitioning Free-Fed Kibble Kitties to Timed MealsLast edited: 1/15/14
I've been through quite a few brands, trying to find a good quality kibble. Its been a real challenge to find something they all like AND I can afford. This is available in 18# bags for $21.99 at...
Chula and Paul have four other scratching posts, but this one gets the most attention, by far. It's holding up well to all the scratching, with only a bit of fuzziness after 8 months of intense...
This stuff is my cats absolute favorite food. They both scarf it down in no time. Atticus, my male gray tabby, even makes these "yum, yum, yum" sounds while he's eating it. I had to put two golf...
Generally a good brush and my cat loves it. i guess she finds it massaging only problem is to make sure you brush your cat outside as hair gets everywhere
My cats have always been crazy for them and the one I have now is no different. But it gets to the point they wont eat their food they just want the treats
What is the best dry food to feed your cat?post #1 of 810/20/13 at 6:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 810/20/13 at 6:48pmDo you need to feed dry food for budgetary reasons? Because wet food is actually far healthier for cats. This site, written by a vet, explains why in an easy-to-understand manner: http://www.catinfo.org
We can help identify inexpensive canned foods that are pretty healthy for your kitties; we can also help identify better dry foods.
But please be aware that if your cats eat only dry food, they each need to drink about one cup of water a day each to remain properly hydrated: not hydrated from a medical standpoint, but to not be chronically mildly dehydrated (which places stress on the organs, especially the kidneys).post #3 of 810/20/13 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 810/20/13 at 7:10pmThis might be a stupid question, but the dogs can't be closed out of a room for the 10 or 15 minutes it would take to feed the cats' meals? Or there isn't a table on which you can feed the cats?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just putting ideas out there.
(The dogs don't eat their dry food? We care for feral cats, and at this point, I'm not sure the neighbors even need to feed their dogs... ).
When I use dry food for the ferals, I use Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken grain-free. To lower the cost, I sometimes mix it with 4Health from Tractor Supply (which is not grain free and rather high carb).post #5 of 810/20/13 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 810/21/13 at 10:18ampost #7 of 810/21/13 at 2:18pmThread Starter
- What is the best dry food to feed your cat?
- Best Cat Food Of 2015: TCS Member Choices
Currently, there are 605 Active Users (23 Members and 582 Guests)
- › Game - Word Association 23 seconds ago
- › post funny picture and memes here 3 minutes ago
- › Game - Scattergories 8 minutes ago
- › My cat "won" the jackpot of illnesses 8 minutes ago
- › Mostly Mutts 10 minutes ago
- › Unsocialized(?) Kitty Baby Help, Please! 12 minutes ago
- › The fuzzy names album 16 minutes ago
- › Greetings from Australia! :D 19 minutes ago
- › Hello from Pittsburgh 21 minutes ago
- › 1st time bengal owner 😍 24 minutes ago
- › Diamond Naturals Dry Food for Adult Cats - Active Cat by Docs Mom
- › Wall Scratch by Art Motion and Sound by Margd
- › Earthborn Holistic Chicken Catcciatori - 24x5.5oz by LavishSqualor
- › KONG Cat ZoomGroom by snowpawprint
- › Whiskas Temptations Treats for Cats by wzabretsky
- › SmartyKat Skitter Critters Cat Toy Catnip Mice by LisaHE
- › Pleasant Pond Bengals - Ridge, NY by bengalgirl
- › Think Like a Cat: How to Raise a Well-Adjusted Cat--Not a Sour Puss by Sargon
- › Turbo Scratcher Cat Toy by Sargon
- › Moody Pet Fling Ama String by Sargon