I am looking into changing my cat's food. I am wondering what is the best food to feed them? Right now they are eating Cat Chow.
Related Forum Threads
- Which are the 5 best dry commercial cat foods? Last post on 11/19/14 at 6:16pm in Cat Nutrition
- Please help me choose a food (list included) Last post on 12/10/14 at 4:32am in Cat Nutrition
- Trouble finding a good food? Last post on 12/8/14 at 5:13pm in Cat Nutrition
- What brand of catfood is the best quality food to feed my cat? Last post on 12/4/14 at 7:05pm in Cat Nutrition
- Best grocery store choice? Last post on 12/1/14 at 2:55am in Cat Nutrition
Choosing The Right Food for Your Cat
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat FoodLast edited: 8/2/14
- Canned Cat Food Recommended By TheCatSite.com MembersLast edited: 5/9/14
- Transitioning Free-Fed Kibble Kitties to Timed MealsLast edited: 1/15/14
- What Makes the Best Canned Cat Food?Last edited: 1/18/14
Our older cat has longer fur and has problems passing all the fur he ends up grooming off himself, so getting an affordable and good brush ASAP was a priority. Our old brush wasn't nearly as...
I gave this 5 stars because these diffusers have always worked for us on numerous occasions. I tend to use them when I foresee an upcoming stressful event for the cats such as: out of town...
After trying multiple differing brands of litter boxes, I found my cats love these boxes and these are the only boxes I have at home. They are the biggest open boxes I could find, yet easy and...
Da Bird is one of the the favorite toys in my home, with my own cats and my fosters. I rarely have a cat not show interest in it. Typically they're chasing it all over the house. When my...
I bought a few cans of the pate formulas and my cats actually like it . They are so picky so I was surprised .. I think Beyond is a decent food .
What is the best dry food to feed your cat?post #1 of 810/20/13 at 6:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 810/20/13 at 6:48pmDo you need to feed dry food for budgetary reasons? Because wet food is actually far healthier for cats. This site, written by a vet, explains why in an easy-to-understand manner: http://www.catinfo.org
We can help identify inexpensive canned foods that are pretty healthy for your kitties; we can also help identify better dry foods.
But please be aware that if your cats eat only dry food, they each need to drink about one cup of water a day each to remain properly hydrated: not hydrated from a medical standpoint, but to not be chronically mildly dehydrated (which places stress on the organs, especially the kidneys).post #3 of 810/20/13 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 810/20/13 at 7:10pmThis might be a stupid question, but the dogs can't be closed out of a room for the 10 or 15 minutes it would take to feed the cats' meals? Or there isn't a table on which you can feed the cats?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just putting ideas out there.
(The dogs don't eat their dry food? We care for feral cats, and at this point, I'm not sure the neighbors even need to feed their dogs... ).
When I use dry food for the ferals, I use Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken grain-free. To lower the cost, I sometimes mix it with 4Health from Tractor Supply (which is not grain free and rather high carb).post #5 of 810/20/13 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 810/21/13 at 10:18ampost #7 of 810/21/13 at 2:18pmThread Starter
- What is the best dry food to feed your cat?
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat Food
Currently, there are 492 Active Users (10 Members and 482 Guests)
- › My cat need surgeries 6 minutes ago
- › any tips of how to heal huge scratches on my cheeks? 13 minutes ago
- › What's the last thing you ate? 14 minutes ago
- › Adopting Two Cats - Diagnosed Ringworm, Toddler, and Other Concerns 20 minutes ago
- › Urgent -- Need Immediate Answer -- Adopted Cats 26 minutes ago
- › 9 month old kitten with Stomatitis..... 27 minutes ago
- › Giving to charity in the stores 28 minutes ago
- › Hope's Christmas Tree? 29 minutes ago
- › I wish I could just pay for my cats with love and not money 31 minutes ago
- › improper urination 36 minutes ago
- › JW Pet Company GripSoft Cat Slicker Brush by pinkdagger
- › Feliway Plug-In Diffuser with Refill by Feralvr
- › So Phresh High Back Open Litter Box by Feralvr
- › Da Bird Cat Toy by ReiKitty
- › Purina Beyond Grain Free Canned Cat Food - Various Flavors by 2Cats4Me
- › Litter Genie Plus Cat Litter Disposal System with Odor Free Pail... by Snuffy's Mom
- › Petmate Two Door Top Load Pet Kennel by Deimos
- › Fancy Feast Classic Gourmet Cat Food by 2Cats4Me
- › Wysong Epigen 90 Dog and Cat Food Bag by 2Cats4Me
- › Young Again Zero Carbs dry cat food by 2Cats4Me