I am looking into changing my cat's food. I am wondering what is the best food to feed them? Right now they are eating Cat Chow.
Related Forum Threads
- Which are the 5 best dry commercial cat foods? Last post on 11/19/14 at 6:16pm in Cat Nutrition
- Inexpensive Dry Food for Stray Outdoor Cat Last post on 4/28/15 at 8:06am in Cat Nutrition
- Looking for some suggestions for dry/wet diet Last post on 4/30/15 at 10:16am in Cat Nutrition
- Switching dry foods Last post on 4/14/15 at 1:54am in Cat Nutrition
- Vet pushing all dry diet. Last post on 3/16/15 at 4:54pm in Cat Nutrition
Choosing The Right Food for Your Cat
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat FoodLast edited: 1/22/15
- Canned Cat Food Recommended By TheCatSite.com MembersLast edited: 5/9/14
- Transitioning Free-Fed Kibble Kitties to Timed MealsLast edited: 1/15/14
- What Makes the Best Canned Cat Food?Last edited: 1/18/14
My cat loves this catnip, the price is good for the amount and it's lasted a long time.
Autumn Angel attacks this instead of my hand and arm when I brush her. Fun to watch and cats love it.
This is good litter, does not cost too much, clumps well, does not smell purfumey like some other litter I've tried, and my cat likes it.
My cats seem to enjoy this food. They are eating it rapidly from the feeder. It's a bit expensive and has fish meal in it I usually feed only poultry. Bought it at Tractor Supply the Wellness was...
This is my all-time favorite carrier! The two doors make it so easy to get kitty in and out of the carrier. Unfortunately, this is no longer made by the manufacturer.
What is the best dry food to feed your cat?post #1 of 810/20/13 at 6:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 810/20/13 at 6:48pmDo you need to feed dry food for budgetary reasons? Because wet food is actually far healthier for cats. This site, written by a vet, explains why in an easy-to-understand manner: http://www.catinfo.org
We can help identify inexpensive canned foods that are pretty healthy for your kitties; we can also help identify better dry foods.
But please be aware that if your cats eat only dry food, they each need to drink about one cup of water a day each to remain properly hydrated: not hydrated from a medical standpoint, but to not be chronically mildly dehydrated (which places stress on the organs, especially the kidneys).post #3 of 810/20/13 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 810/20/13 at 7:10pmThis might be a stupid question, but the dogs can't be closed out of a room for the 10 or 15 minutes it would take to feed the cats' meals? Or there isn't a table on which you can feed the cats?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just putting ideas out there.
(The dogs don't eat their dry food? We care for feral cats, and at this point, I'm not sure the neighbors even need to feed their dogs... ).
When I use dry food for the ferals, I use Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken grain-free. To lower the cost, I sometimes mix it with 4Health from Tractor Supply (which is not grain free and rather high carb).post #5 of 810/20/13 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 810/21/13 at 10:18ampost #7 of 810/21/13 at 2:18pmThread Starter
- What is the best dry food to feed your cat?
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat Food
Currently, there are 483 Active Users (26 Members and 457 Guests)
- › Cat with mucus in throat 38 seconds ago
- › Bizarre skin issues 5 minutes ago
- › Leg issue 9 minutes ago
- › Is my weird cat normal? 10 minutes ago
- › Need more advice on Cupcake 11 minutes ago
- › Post your favorite photo of your cat! 11 minutes ago
- › Designing a wet-dry mixed diet for transition 20 minutes ago
- › Experience with Ruptured Anal Glands? 20 minutes ago
- › Does anyone have a cat with IBD on Prednisolone long term? 21 minutes ago
- › Neighbour's cat has taken a liking towards us? 26 minutes ago
- › KONG Naturals Premium Catnip Cat Toy by Cat Servant
- › KONG Cat Moppy Kickeroo Catnip Toy by Cat Servant
- › Paws and Claws® Scoopable Kitty Litter by Cat Servant
- › Blue Buffalo Indoor Cat Dry Food by Kitty kisser
- › Petmate two door deluxe carrier by stephanietx
- › Hartz Groomer's Best Fur Fetcher for Cats by PadfootandMoony
- › ZooPlus.com by Columbine
- › Sleepypod Air In-Cabin Pet Carrier by cicoccabim
- › PetSafe Simply Clean Continuous-Clean Litter Box by Kitty kisser
- › Clevercat Top Entry Litterbox by Kitty kisser
- › Cat Picture of the Week #1518
- › Moderators, Mentors and Advisors - All About...
- › TC Tortoiseshell Beauty
- › Oscar, the beautiful,( vocal ) Burmese
- › Seeing Double - Cat Picture of the Week #1517
- › Kitten Development Stages - Illustrated Guide
- › PussPuss In Her White Boots
- › Meet Blue-Eyed Robin - Picture of the Week #1516
- › Can someone tell me about how old this kitten...
- › Ten Essential Tips For Happy Living With A...