I am looking into changing my cat's food. I am wondering what is the best food to feed them? Right now they are eating Cat Chow.
Related Forum Threads
- Which are the 5 best dry commercial cat foods? Last post on 11/19/14 at 6:16pm in Cat Nutrition
- Wants opinions on a good dry and wet cat food Last post on Today at 12:24 pm in Cat Nutrition
- Getting a 8 week old kitten to eat hard food Last post on Today at 4:35 pm in Cat Nutrition
- Wanting the best for my kitten - what do you feed yours? Last post on 1/26/15 at 8:53pm in Cat Nutrition
- Best Cat Food Last post on 1/17/15 at 11:35am in Cat Nutrition
Choosing The Right Food for Your Cat
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat FoodLast edited: 1/22/15
- Canned Cat Food Recommended By TheCatSite.com MembersLast edited: 5/9/14
- Transitioning Free-Fed Kibble Kitties to Timed MealsLast edited: 1/15/14
- What Makes the Best Canned Cat Food?Last edited: 1/18/14
To be fair this is the only clumping litter I have used because I haven't had cats for very long. I chose this litter based on good reviews elsewhere, and information on picking litters from books...
Yes, I buy them. No, I haven't read the ingredients list because I'd get heartburn. If given more than one, the Rogue will get diarrhea. However, they are the perfect bribe for Rascal to come home...
I've been a satisfied Zooplus customer for well over a decade and can only recall one instance when I had to lodge a complaint (about dented cat food cans). The company immediately apologized and...
I've been giving these to my cat with FLUTD as a way to get his water intake up. He gets 1 pouch as a treat daily. This is not a complete meal, but a nice snack. He really loves the creamy formula....
I've ordered 4x from chewy.com and it's always been a breeze. I buy Rx food for my cat, so I pick the food I want & then in checkout enter the vet info (vet name, vet office name, phone number) and...
What is the best dry food to feed your cat?post #1 of 810/20/13 at 6:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 810/20/13 at 6:48pmDo you need to feed dry food for budgetary reasons? Because wet food is actually far healthier for cats. This site, written by a vet, explains why in an easy-to-understand manner: http://www.catinfo.org
We can help identify inexpensive canned foods that are pretty healthy for your kitties; we can also help identify better dry foods.
But please be aware that if your cats eat only dry food, they each need to drink about one cup of water a day each to remain properly hydrated: not hydrated from a medical standpoint, but to not be chronically mildly dehydrated (which places stress on the organs, especially the kidneys).post #3 of 810/20/13 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 810/20/13 at 7:10pmThis might be a stupid question, but the dogs can't be closed out of a room for the 10 or 15 minutes it would take to feed the cats' meals? Or there isn't a table on which you can feed the cats?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just putting ideas out there.
(The dogs don't eat their dry food? We care for feral cats, and at this point, I'm not sure the neighbors even need to feed their dogs... ).
When I use dry food for the ferals, I use Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken grain-free. To lower the cost, I sometimes mix it with 4Health from Tractor Supply (which is not grain free and rather high carb).post #5 of 810/20/13 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 810/21/13 at 10:18ampost #7 of 810/21/13 at 2:18pmThread Starter
- What is the best dry food to feed your cat?
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat Food
Currently, there are 500 Active Users (20 Members and 480 Guests)
- › What's for dinner? - 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Bringing a "garage cat" to our 3rd floor apartment 6 minutes ago
- › Getting a 8 week old kitten to eat hard food 6 minutes ago
- › Miss my boy, 7 minutes ago
- › Grain Free Cat Food (that's not crazy expensive.) 8 minutes ago
- › Advice please 12 minutes ago
- › What can I do to get a cat we just adopted to eat? 13 minutes ago
- › Gracie is in real trouble....... 18 minutes ago
- › any good books on cat behavior? 36 minutes ago
- › how to train a stupid cat 50 minutes ago
- › Precious Cat Ultra Premium Clumping Cat Litter by molanic
- › Feline Greenies Dental Chews by roguethecat
- › ZooPlus.com by jcat
- › Fancy Feast Broths - Various Flavors by rlavach
- › Chewy.com by rlavach
- › Purina Friskies Party Mix Original Crunch by gypssi66cat
- › Amazon.com Pet Supplies by Kat0121
- › Dyson DC41 Animal Bagless Vacuum Cleaner by FhiCat
- › SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post by FhiCat
- › Sherpa Original Deluxe Pet Carrier by FhiCat
- › Playing with Your Cat: Ten Things Every Cat...
- › Cat Picture of the Week #1504 -Group Portrait
- › Hwo Princess turned me turn me into a cat...
- › New Quiz! How Well Do You Know the Litterbox?
- › Cat Picture of the Week #1503 - The Beautiful...
- › Tiger and Whiskers
- › How Angel Adopted Me. (Our story). :)
- › Help! My Cat Is Lost!
- › Cat Picture of the Week #1502!
- › Vladimir (hairless sphynx cat)