I am looking into changing my cat's food. I am wondering what is the best food to feed them? Right now they are eating Cat Chow.
Related Forum Threads
- Which are the 5 best dry commercial cat foods? Last post on 11/19/14 at 6:16pm in Cat Nutrition
- Inexpensive Dry Food for Stray Outdoor Cat Last post on 4/28/15 at 8:06am in Cat Nutrition
- Looking for some suggestions for dry/wet diet Last post on 4/30/15 at 10:16am in Cat Nutrition
- Switching dry foods Last post on 4/14/15 at 1:54am in Cat Nutrition
- Vet pushing all dry diet. Last post on 3/16/15 at 4:54pm in Cat Nutrition
Choosing The Right Food for Your Cat
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat FoodLast edited: 1/22/15
- Canned Cat Food Recommended By TheCatSite.com MembersLast edited: 5/9/14
- Transitioning Free-Fed Kibble Kitties to Timed MealsLast edited: 1/15/14
- What Makes the Best Canned Cat Food?Last edited: 1/18/14
I use this in the carrier during the winter in Sweden. This pad transforms the carrier from OK to very cosy. I start the heater at home, before going outside, before going to a cold car, and she...
Luckily I only bought two cans of this stuff to test out on my cat. I bought Spot's Stew Chicken recipe and Turkey recipe. I bought these specific recipes because I'm pretty sure they're the only...
This is great cat litter .. It is very compareable to Dr. Elseys but at a lower cost .. It clumps solid , almost no dust , unscented ..
I got a box of this litter on markdown and it being a new litter, I also had a coupon, I figured I would try it. Not even having it in my cat's litter boxes for a day and my second to youngest cat,...
This is my go-to flea topical for my small sanctuary. Works well in keeping the flea population under control, have never found an embedded tic, and helps a great deal on the cats with mite...
What is the best dry food to feed your cat?post #1 of 810/20/13 at 6:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 810/20/13 at 6:48pmDo you need to feed dry food for budgetary reasons? Because wet food is actually far healthier for cats. This site, written by a vet, explains why in an easy-to-understand manner: http://www.catinfo.org
We can help identify inexpensive canned foods that are pretty healthy for your kitties; we can also help identify better dry foods.
But please be aware that if your cats eat only dry food, they each need to drink about one cup of water a day each to remain properly hydrated: not hydrated from a medical standpoint, but to not be chronically mildly dehydrated (which places stress on the organs, especially the kidneys).post #3 of 810/20/13 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 810/20/13 at 7:10pmThis might be a stupid question, but the dogs can't be closed out of a room for the 10 or 15 minutes it would take to feed the cats' meals? Or there isn't a table on which you can feed the cats?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just putting ideas out there.
(The dogs don't eat their dry food? We care for feral cats, and at this point, I'm not sure the neighbors even need to feed their dogs... ).
When I use dry food for the ferals, I use Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken grain-free. To lower the cost, I sometimes mix it with 4Health from Tractor Supply (which is not grain free and rather high carb).post #5 of 810/20/13 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 810/21/13 at 10:18ampost #7 of 810/21/13 at 2:18pmThread Starter
- What is the best dry food to feed your cat?
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat Food
Currently, there are 505 Active Users (15 Members and 490 Guests)
- › Lions made of sisal! 13 minutes ago
- › Asha's bathtime 18 minutes ago
- › need effective allergy treatment for my cat 19 minutes ago
- › HELP! 3/12 week old kitten dropped in my lap! 27 minutes ago
- › Sadie updates 29 minutes ago
- › 14 year old cat with slight ear infection - went to vet for... 31 minutes ago
- › New parents to 2 rejected babies 33 minutes ago
- › What's the last thing you ate - 2015 41 minutes ago
- › Time to Vote! Cat Paws Picture of the Month - May 2015 48 minutes ago
- › When to say goodbye 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Sleepypod Mini Warmer Pad Sleepypod Mini by cicoccabim
- › Halo, Spot's Stew for Cats by FelineEmpathy
- › Arm & Hammer Super Scoop Clumping Litter, Unscented by 2Cats4Me
- › Arm & Hammer Clump & Seal Clumping Litter by nansiludie
- › Merial Frontline Plus Flea and Tick Control for Cats and Kittens by Susank521
- › Feather Waggler Cat Toy by Columbine
- › Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Feline Urinary SO Canned Cat Food by Columbine
- › KONG Cat ZoomGroom by Columbine
- › Pioneer Pet Stainless Steel Fountain Raindrop Design by Raksha
- › KONG Cat Moppy Kickeroo Catnip Toy by stephanietx
- › 23 Derpy Cat Smiles to Brighten Up Your Day
- › "How Well Do You Know Our Articles"...
- › my cat only SOMETIMES pees on my bed
- › Cat Picture of the Week #1521
- › You, Your Cat and Stress
- › Gone But Not Forgotten
- › Cat Picture of the Week #1520 - Ideas For A...
- › The Binx Files *cue theme music*
- › Da Moushie Bear
- › Tuxedo time! Cat Picture of the Week #1519