I am looking into changing my cat's food. I am wondering what is the best food to feed them? Right now they are eating Cat Chow.
Related Forum Threads
- Which are the 5 best dry commercial cat foods? Last post on 11/19/14 at 6:16pm in Cat Nutrition
- Vet pushing all dry diet. Last post on 3/16/15 at 4:54pm in Cat Nutrition
- Specific Food Suggestion Needed Last post on 3/9/15 at 5:59pm in Cat Nutrition
- Wants opinions on a good dry and wet cat food Last post on 1/30/15 at 12:24pm in Cat Nutrition
- Getting a 8 week old kitten to eat hard food Last post on 1/31/15 at 9:42am in Cat Nutrition
Choosing The Right Food for Your Cat
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat FoodLast edited: 1/22/15
- Canned Cat Food Recommended By TheCatSite.com MembersLast edited: 5/9/14
- Transitioning Free-Fed Kibble Kitties to Timed MealsLast edited: 1/15/14
- What Makes the Best Canned Cat Food?Last edited: 1/18/14
These pockets have been a lifesaver for me. My cat is impossible to pill, and now because of an enlarged heart must take lasix daily. Plus I didn't want to stress him out every day pilling him. I...
I don't know if this was a bad batch or if they're all like this, but when I opened the wet food, the outside of the food was 1 color & the inside food was another color. I thought it was odd, but...
I wouldn't suggest the large trees-houses.look for heavy, firm stable tree-houses and nothing over 5 ft. I love my cat's they get the best!
Everyone needs to know I been using soulistic for 4years now I found it was the only wet food my cats love eating they eat a can in the morning one at night. It was morning March 19,2015 as always...
They are expensive too ..
What is the best dry food to feed your cat?post #1 of 810/20/13 at 6:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 810/20/13 at 6:48pmDo you need to feed dry food for budgetary reasons? Because wet food is actually far healthier for cats. This site, written by a vet, explains why in an easy-to-understand manner: http://www.catinfo.org
We can help identify inexpensive canned foods that are pretty healthy for your kitties; we can also help identify better dry foods.
But please be aware that if your cats eat only dry food, they each need to drink about one cup of water a day each to remain properly hydrated: not hydrated from a medical standpoint, but to not be chronically mildly dehydrated (which places stress on the organs, especially the kidneys).post #3 of 810/20/13 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 810/20/13 at 7:10pmThis might be a stupid question, but the dogs can't be closed out of a room for the 10 or 15 minutes it would take to feed the cats' meals? Or there isn't a table on which you can feed the cats?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just putting ideas out there.
(The dogs don't eat their dry food? We care for feral cats, and at this point, I'm not sure the neighbors even need to feed their dogs... ).
When I use dry food for the ferals, I use Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken grain-free. To lower the cost, I sometimes mix it with 4Health from Tractor Supply (which is not grain free and rather high carb).post #5 of 810/20/13 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 810/21/13 at 10:18ampost #7 of 810/21/13 at 2:18pmThread Starter
- What is the best dry food to feed your cat?
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat Food
Currently, there are 253 Active Users (6 Members and 247 Guests)
- › Newly Adopted Kitten; Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Goodbye, Internet Explorer, and thanks for all the fish 20 minutes ago
- › I lost my cat 4 days ago 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Science Diet 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Morticias legacy 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Show me your eyes 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › Kitten in China. Difficulties finding good food 2 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › My cats wound will not heal 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › odor problems following me in public from cat odor at home 2 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › if you dont clean a kittens eyes out will they go blind 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Greenies Pill Pockets for Cats by Di and Bob
- › RACHAEL RAY NUTRISH Natural Wet Food for Cats - Several Flavors by rlavach
- › Armarkat Cat Tree Model B7701 by ladyz
- › Soulistic Adult Canned Cat Food in Gravy - Various Flavors by Bambicastro
- › Vetri-Lysine Plus for Cats by VetriScience by 2Cats4Me
- › NOW Foods Lysine Powder by 2Cats4Me
- › Advantage II Flea Control for Cats by 2Cats4Me
- › Friskies Savory Shreds Cat Food by 2Cats4Me
- › The Honest Kitchen Prowl Cat Food by 2Cats4Me
- › The Honest Kitchen Grace Grain-Free Dehydrated Cat Food by 2Cats4Me
- › We're All Cat Ears! Special Video!
- › Picture of the Week #1512
- › Site News: Share Your Opinions
- › Black is Beautiful - Picture of the Week #1511
- › Picture of the Week #1510
- › New Cat Checklist: What You Need to Get...
- › Cat Picture of the Week #1509 and...
- › Cat Picture of the Week - Makena!
- › Sashimi - Scottish Straight fawn male
- › Kika - Scottish Straight blue female