I am looking into changing my cat's food. I am wondering what is the best food to feed them? Right now they are eating Cat Chow.
Related Forum Threads
- Which are the 5 best dry commercial cat foods? Last post on 11/19/14 at 6:16pm in Cat Nutrition
- Is dry food really as bad as they say? Last post on 7/30/15 at 2:43am in Cat Nutrition
- Looking for a good high quality wet and dry cat food low grains or grainfree Last post on 7/9/15 at 5:09am in Cat Nutrition
- Acceptable medium-price canned cat foods? Last post on 7/10/15 at 1:18pm in Cat Nutrition
- Want to hear your cat's favorite food!! Last post on 7/26/15 at 10:08pm in Cat Nutrition
How To Choose The Right Food for Your Cat
Last edited: 7/17/15
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat FoodLast edited: 1/22/15
- Top 5 Brands of Wet Cat Food Our Members Love The MostLast edited: 6/26/15
- Transitioning Free-Fed Kibble Kitties to Timed MealsLast edited: 1/15/14
- What Makes the Best Canned Cat Food?Last edited: 1/18/14
My cat does very well on all of the Fancy Feast classic flavors. I serve her a different flavor everyday, so that she is getting different nutrients everyday. She loves all of the flavors....
I always purchase discount gift cards for my online purchases from sites like Card Cash where I make sure those cards are accepted online. If you have any questions in regards to your reward...
I wish I'd stumbled on this site before I bought 2 kittens from Karen in May 2015. I purchased 2 girls from Karen and encountered pretty much the same problems as the other reviewers. I did have a...
I love this letterbox! I have a 13 lb cat that is a vigorous digger; and it works very well for us! I really like the bins at the end for storage of baggies and litter scoop, and dustpan and hand...
I emailed Cindy and we exchanged information a few times. She seemed to want to know about our family to ensure a good placement and there were no red flags initially. However after I sent a...
What is the best dry food to feed your cat?post #1 of 810/20/13 at 6:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 810/20/13 at 6:48pmDo you need to feed dry food for budgetary reasons? Because wet food is actually far healthier for cats. This site, written by a vet, explains why in an easy-to-understand manner: http://www.catinfo.org
We can help identify inexpensive canned foods that are pretty healthy for your kitties; we can also help identify better dry foods.
But please be aware that if your cats eat only dry food, they each need to drink about one cup of water a day each to remain properly hydrated: not hydrated from a medical standpoint, but to not be chronically mildly dehydrated (which places stress on the organs, especially the kidneys).post #3 of 810/20/13 at 6:56pmThread Starterpost #4 of 810/20/13 at 7:10pmThis might be a stupid question, but the dogs can't be closed out of a room for the 10 or 15 minutes it would take to feed the cats' meals? Or there isn't a table on which you can feed the cats?
I'm not trying to be difficult, just putting ideas out there.
(The dogs don't eat their dry food? We care for feral cats, and at this point, I'm not sure the neighbors even need to feed their dogs... ).
When I use dry food for the ferals, I use Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken grain-free. To lower the cost, I sometimes mix it with 4Health from Tractor Supply (which is not grain free and rather high carb).post #5 of 810/20/13 at 7:12pmThread Starterpost #6 of 810/21/13 at 10:18ampost #7 of 810/21/13 at 2:18pmThread Starter
- What is the best dry food to feed your cat?
- Choosing the Right Dry Cat Food
Currently, there are 443 Active Users (9 Members and 434 Guests)
- › What colour is my cat? 6 minutes ago
- › Home cooked cat food: are they eating too much? help figuring out... 11 minutes ago
- › Buttery Goodness 15 minutes ago
- › Ringworm - I really need help! 22 minutes ago
- › Can I feed my cat the dog Instinct Raw? 27 minutes ago
- › Has anyone had any experience with Iams Urinary-S Low pH/S, Iams... 30 minutes ago
- › gourmet carnivore by tiki 38 minutes ago
- › Lip injuries 44 minutes ago
- › What breed is my cat??? 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Question of The Day. Saturday the 5th of August. 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Fancy Feast Classic Gourmet Cat Food by raysmyheart
- › Petco.com by AbbynHenry
- › Pleasant Pond Bengals - Ridge, NY by ttck815
- › Petmate Giant Litter Pan by Walkingrock
- › Two Comrades - Culpeper, Virginia & Southern California by jmb16
- › FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats by sabycat
- › Newman's Own Organics Canned Cat Food by betsygee
- › Cat's Best Öko Plus by Morganalefae
- › Smilla Kitten Wet Food by Morganalefae
- › ZooPlus.com by Morganalefae