or Connect
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Pray for my Grandma.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pray for my Grandma..... - Page 2

post #31 of 80
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by kidsncats
"It's not fair...I know it's a different Cancer, but why did Lyle and I both have to have something like this happen to our Grandmothers?"

Again looking for that bright side, no matter how small. Sometimes stress can forge a bond between two people like nothing else can. We had the year from hell, and we're still here. We're closer than we've ever been, and I feel a bond with him that I can't imagine with any other man.
That's what I've been hoping. I just hate that this happened at all. This has been hard enough for him without having to comfort me too. I dont like feeling guilty about talking to him and bringing back memories. Last night he said that he doesnt care and that he wants to help me. He said it's not my fault it happens and that he understands I need him. I guess he'd feel worse not helping me and seeing me sad, then to be reminded of her 'cause according to him he thinks of her almost daily anyway.
post #32 of 80
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by adymarie
I will keep your grandma in my prayers today. The surgery should last about 2 hours. My mom was diagnosed with uterine cancer in March and she is doing fine now. I hope that she breezes thru the surgery.
Thanks for the prayers. How long did it take your mom to recover?? Grandma said before she left she wanted to be home in a week, but I dont see how they'll allow that after that big of a surgery.
post #33 of 80
Mom was home in about 1 week - but they sent her home too early due to SARS at the hospital. They were tossing patients out before they were ready. Due to her size (she is a size 24-26) it was more difficult for her to recover. She ended up getting a nasty infection in her incision as a result of the fat. She had home care daily for 8 weeks to keep the incision clean. Other then the infection, she was pretty much back to normal within 3-4 weeks.

I will still keep your grandma in my prayers as I know how tough it is for someone after surgery. My mom is now cancer free and I am sure your grandma is too!
post #34 of 80
Thread Starter 
I figured that all of you that have been praying would like to see what she looks like. This photo is from 2000. She hates getting photos taken and these were a christmas present at a studio for my aunt and uncle. I'm with her in this one. I look like crap lol. This is when I still lived with my parents and had to dress the way mother made me. I had NO sense of personal style.
LL
post #35 of 80
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by adymarie
Mom was home in about 1 week - but they sent her home too early due to SARS at the hospital. They were tossing patients out before they were ready. Due to her size (she is a size 24-26) it was more difficult for her to recover. She ended up getting a nasty infection in her incision as a result of the fat. She had home care daily for 8 weeks to keep the incision clean. Other then the infection, she was pretty much back to normal within 3-4 weeks.

I will still keep your grandma in my prayers as I know how tough it is for someone after surgery. My mom is now cancer free and I am sure your grandma is too!
I'm glad your mom is ok now. Sorry you all had to go through this too. Grandma is overweight too...hope she doesnt get and infection. She's so stubborn and set in her ways that I wouldnt be suprised if she did. She plans to leave there and be back home working in a week!! I hope she is cancer free too.
post #36 of 80
That is a lovely pic! She doesn't look too overweight in the pic, so she should be fine. I will continue my prayers to be sure!
post #37 of 80
I'm so glad to hear she came through sugergy OK and that they think they got it all!
post #38 of 80
Your Grandmother looks like a sweetie
I am so happy that everything went well
post #39 of 80
keeping our paws crossed! and you do have a sense of fashion style Love the 'gothic' 'medieval' look
post #40 of 80
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by adymarie
That is a lovely pic! She doesn't look too overweight in the pic, so she should be fine. I will continue my prayers to be sure!
She'd die for sure if she knew I posted that photo!!
She weighs alot more now...she eats nothing but bacon tommatoe sandwhiches and uses tooooooo much manaise and butter on stuff. She never will listen to me that she should eat healthier. That's one thing that always worried me...she doesnt try to take care of herself.
post #41 of 80
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by kidsncats
I'm so glad to hear she came through sugergy OK and that they think they got it all!
She came through Ok, but as for getting all the cancer I wont know that untill all the tests come back. My aunt will be home tonight or tommorow, I'll let you know what she found out if the docs did the tests or not.
post #42 of 80
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by Jellybelly
keeping our paws crossed! and you do have a sense of fashion style Love the 'gothic' 'medieval' look
I do now, not then. My hair was kept straight,bangs curled,and hair between ears and shoulder length....clothing...well I wont go there...*gag* Thanks for the compliment
post #43 of 80
Thrilled that your Grandma has come through - she looks like a lovely lady in the pic, glad you could share it with us.
All the very best

"the past and future do not exist. There is only now and that is what there always has been and always will be"
post #44 of 80
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by tulip2454
Thrilled that your Grandma has come through - she looks like a lovely lady in the pic, glad you could share it with us.
All the very best

"the past and future do not exist. There is only now and that is what there always has been and always will be"
Thanks! (I'd give her the compliment, but I'd be the next one in the hospital if I did She hates photos)
post #45 of 80
Originally posted by Gothic_Amethyst
Quote:
she eats nothing but bacon tommatoe sandwhiches and uses tooooooo much manaise and butter on stuff. She never will listen to me that she should eat healthier. That's one thing that always worried me...she doesnt try to take care of herself.
Hopefully the doctors will talk to her about taking better care of her health.

Thanks for sharing that nice picture of you and your grandma, and I'm so glad everything went well during her surgery.
post #46 of 80
hey, I was going to PM you with a pic of my grandmother, but it didn't work, so I am going to put it here, if that's ok...My grandmother I miss her so much...
post #47 of 80
Oh GA- That's fantastic news about your grandma-- Shame though- coz she does look sweet!

post #48 of 80
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by Lorie D.
Originally posted by Gothic_Amethyst

Hopefully the doctors will talk to her about taking better care of her health.

Thanks for sharing that nice picture of you and your grandma, and I'm so glad everything went well during her surgery.
They wont if she doesnt tell them how unhealthy she eats. Hopefully they will figure that out by looking at her weight.
I figured people would like to see her face.
post #49 of 80
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by caprice
hey, I was going to PM you with a pic of my grandmother, but it didn't work, so I am going to put it here, if that's ok...My grandmother I miss her so much...
It's Ok. I'm sorry you lost her. *hugs*
post #50 of 80
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by WellingtonCats
Oh GA- That's fantastic news about your grandma-- Shame though- coz she does look sweet!

I know what you mean
post #51 of 80
im glad to hear that your grandma is doing okay, she does look very sweet, and btw dont be so hard on yourself i thought you looked very nice in that pic. i mean that
post #52 of 80
Hey my Gothie Gurl! I like the picture of you and grandma! You look so young there! Your grandma is a pretty woman and I think you look a lot like her!
post #53 of 80
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by dougbug
btw dont be so hard on yourself i thought you looked very nice in that pic. i mean that
You have no idea how many times I've heard that...Noone likes old photos, but I do have a confidence problem(**** parents!!!)Lyle's been working on that with me.
post #54 of 80
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by mzjazz2u
Hey my Gothie Gurl! I like the picture of you and grandma! You look so young there! Your grandma is a pretty woman and I think you look a lot like her!
Hey!! Thanks for the compliments *blush*
It was 2000 and I'm 20 now....(I suck at math so you'll have to do the math to see how old I was. I've changed alot since I moved back here with Grandma.
post #55 of 80
Thread Starter 
Lyle and I are going out Saturday. I wont be home untill around midnight. I'll probably be too tired to post, but I will ASAP Sunday.
Just letting you know so you dont think something happened.

UPDATE: My aunt Nancy decided to stay the night. She said Grandma's blood pressure dropped majorly, but that they fixed it. It was still low, but should go up eventually. Nancy said she's talked and seems Ok and her color wasnt bad. So mabye that means she's gonna be OK?
Keep praying like I am(if you can) because I thought it was pretty much over untill Nancy told me about the blood pressure. Looks like it's not over yet and I get to worry longer
post #56 of 80
Thread Starter 
Sofar so good. My aunt got to come home today since Grandma was put into a regular room and seemed normal to the docs. Nancy said she will probably be home tuesday/wednesday and then will have to go back for check-up, tests, and to remove the stitches. Thanks for your continued prayers. I will update you if anything else happens.

~¤~ The 30th is the end on my AOL free trial again. If I dont post after then, than I lost internet for now. I WILL BE BACK. It may take some time with Grandma not working (due to the surgery) and me not 'cause cause I cant get hired . Oh and I wont be home tommorrow. All weekend I've been helping Lyle and his family move. The new house is cool, but it's an extra 15 mins farther from where they were....grrrr why couldnt they moved 15 mins closer to me? LOL. Oh well.
post #57 of 80
Thread Starter 
Grandma's home!!!! She's weak, annoyed and in pain since she hasnt been able to take much pain killer. She seems depressed and has said she'd rather died of the cancer than to have went through all this. I'm going to cook super and I'm gonna have to make her eat it because she doesnt want to eat anything. I know she needs to eat healthier than she did before. She has had a couple stitches come out and bleed and she has taped them up and stuff like they said to do. I'm not sure when she had to go back and get them removed. I'll update again if something else happens. Right now I'm trying to not think about this much. I feel if I focus on the chores and everything I wont end up crying. Thanks for the continued prayers. We all need them.
post #58 of 80
Lots of hugs to you, hang in there, she'll be a bit bitter from the surgery and everything, so just continue being 'nice' and comfort her even though she may pretend she doesn't want anything from you. In the end, she'll thank you.
post #59 of 80
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by Jellybelly
Lots of hugs to you, hang in there, she'll be a bit bitter from the surgery and everything, so just continue being 'nice' and comfort her even though she may pretend she doesn't want anything from you. In the end, she'll thank you.
I figured it would make her bitter. Since she's snapped at me more than usual. I'm doing my best to be 'nice' and control my emotions. I just want to scream untill I lose my voice and cry in Lyle's arms untill I cant anymore. I cant though. She needs me. For now, I must do my chores and take care of the house. I'll just be glad when the 'I'm gonna do something wrong/walking on eggshells feeling is gone'.
post #60 of 80
Glad she's home GA but oh I feel sorry for you, I hope she realises how much you are doing for her?

No offence or anything
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Pray for my Grandma.....