- 91 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicPregnant Cat Behaviortagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- My Cat is Growling and Hissing Last post on 10/31/14 at 11:15am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Neighbors pregnant cat Last post on 9/28/14 at 5:50am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Questions about my pregnant cat Last post on 9/18/14 at 3:21pm in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Very pregnant - is it soon? Last post on 10/2/14 at 12:34am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Is my cat pregnant? Last post on 5/24/14 at 10:37am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?
Last edited: 3/24/14
- Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!Last edited: 5/23/15
- How to Tell if My Cat is Pregnant?Last edited: 5/23/15
I tried several brands I found the Purina Cat Chow Gatitos (as it's called in Mexico). It comes in a convenient 1500 gr that lasted me about 4-5 days for a momma and 4 baby cats. All of them...
My fiance proposed to me in May with our beautiful kitten which we picked out in Karen's home in early April. Most of the cats were kept in a separate room and we didn't see them however there was...
The Respiratory Relief doesn't seem like my kitty baby's favorite litter so far (out of 3) but it's mine! The other 3 were cheap, but very dusty and I couldn't stand the heavy perfume smell of the...
I purchase the Turkey/Chicken, Chicken/Herring and Beef/Lamb and my picky cats really love them. Smell is not powerful and product has been consistent. They all do contain some fish and only come...
I bought this baby scale from Bed, Bath & Beyond. The first time I used it with my cat, I was able to get my small cat to climb on by throwing treats on it for her to eat. She was meow crying as...
Very pregnant cat acting like she's in heat. Labor??post #1 of 94/6/13 at 7:13pmThread StarterMy cat is very pregnant, at minimum 8 weeks, could be up to 9-10 weeks. A week ago she began acting like she is going to go into labour soon. Nesting frantically (but doesn't seem to "love" any of the 5 spots I tried), very affectionate, meowing (but not the labour howling) just to get more attention. I noticed the male cat has been in backyard a couple times past few days too. Her babies have become very active inside her and I can feel one very low between her legs, but one is as far up as her ribs still. She's been grooming herself a lot, more just licking all over, not specifically her birthing area. A couple time I've caught her laying on stomach with her butt slightly tilted up like she did when in heat. Also she is desperately wanting outside, scratching at doors and sitting at windows (like in heat). She follows me around the house a lot and sleeps a majority of the day. Lastly the past 2 days all of the above have increased and I keep thinking she's going to have kittens soon. When she's resting she will cringe and let out a low soft groan. Are these contractions or just discomfort? Does early labor mimic signs of in heat? This is my first pregnant cat and my 3 yr old daughter is so anxious and it's hard to keep her contained so Dora (the cat) feels comfortable. Also Dora is only 11 months old and was so extremely tiny before pregnancy that she was mistaken as the baby of her siblings with the size difference. She's pretty decent in size now, not as big as typical cats but she was small to start. Any help?! I'm trying to be patient but very excited and wish I knew how much longer.post #2 of 94/6/13 at 7:15pmThread Starterpost #3 of 94/6/13 at 9:34pmThread Starterpost #4 of 94/6/13 at 9:50pmThread Starterpost #5 of 94/6/13 at 9:55pmThread Starterpost #6 of 94/6/13 at 9:57pmThread Starterpost #7 of 99/29/13 at 10:01pm
My cat is pregnant... we think? She is also very young, and is acting like she is in heat. I believe she is around 5-6 weeks pregnant, but again we are not positive. Also, before we thought she was pregnant she had worms, and got her deworming medication. She keeps meowing very loud, and passing from room to room. Normally, she just sleeps on the couch all day. She is also sticking her but up in the air like she used to do when she was in hear? How did it turn out for you? What happened?post #8 of 94/13/14 at 8:22ampost #9 of 94/13/14 at 9:00am
This is normal. This is a good time to shut her into the room where you have her nesting box and keep her in there. This will reduce chances of her somehow finding a way to get outside (and some cats do).
I hope you are planning to have her spayed when this is over. She is very young to be having kittens of her own. Please read this article on just some of the benefits of spaying. http://www.thecatsite.com/a/spay-and-neuter-your-cats
Finally, I know you don't know how far along she is, but if at any point you really do think she is 10 weeks, you should take her to see a vet. While cats can handle being a few days overdue and be fine, if they are several days overdue, chances are high enough that something is wrong that a vet should be consulted.
- Very pregnant cat acting like she's in heat. Labor??
- Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!
- › Cats with their tongues sticking out 1 minute ago
- › Um...some privacy would be nice 4 minutes ago
- › Sick, possibly FIV+ Feral Kitten 9 minutes ago
- › My cat is pregnant 12 minutes ago
- › Litterbox and other kitty problems 15 minutes ago
- › Hello there (introductions and a question about biting) 40 minutes ago
- › What's for dinner? - 2015 45 minutes ago
- › Name three things - 2015 47 minutes ago
- › The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2015 50 minutes ago
- › Cat Grabbing Kitten by the Neck 52 minutes ago
- › Purina Kitten Chow Nurturing Formula Dry Cat Food by MagiksGirl
- › Pleasant Pond Bengals - Ridge, NY by kaybee3
- › Precious Cat Respiratory Releif Clay Premium all Natual Cat Litter... by Bonitababy
- › Nulo FreeStyle Grain Free Canned Cat Food - Various Recipes/Flavors by Faeleen
- › The First Years American Red Cross Soothing Baby Scale by Bonitababy
- › Grreat Choice Cozy Inn Cat Tree by Bonitababy
- › Iams Proactive Health Adult Pate - various flavors by Juliacat
- › Grreat Choice® Pate Adult Cat Food by Juliacat
- › Precious Cat Ultra Premium Clumping Cat Litter by Juliacat
- › TRIXIE Pet Products Scratching Wave by Bonitababy
- › Community Guidelines & Practices -...
- › Apat the Escape Artist
- › Little Miss Kitten, LMK
- › Mazy's cat page
- › Golden Eyes - Picture of the Week #1526
- › All About Purraise
- › Bucky the adorable kitten
- › Shades of Gray - Picture of the Week #1525
- › You've Got Mail!
- › Flaming Hot Picture of The Week #1524