- 91 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicPregnant Cat Behaviortagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- very pregnant cat hasnt nested? Last post on 3/5/16 at 8:41am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- She is 7 months and is pregnant. help! Last post on 12/29/15 at 8:49pm in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Cat protective over our new pregnancy? Last post on 11/21/15 at 5:58am in Cat Behavior
- My Cat is Growling and Hissing Last post on 10/31/14 at 11:15am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Neighbors pregnant cat Last post on 9/28/14 at 5:50am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?
Last edited: 3/24/14
- Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!Last edited: 5/23/15
- How to Tell if My Cat is Pregnant?Last edited: 5/23/15
My current cat and past kittens all loved it. It entertained them for hours and hours. It's a bit loud compared to the other jingly balls cat toys that I have, but that is perfectly fine :) I've...
I bought this honestly because it is cheap. It's not a total waste of money because it still does it's job of picking up some fur but it's not like those big balls of fur I see people pick up with...
The prices at Petco.com are almost always better than those at my local store, and my local stores don't match the online prices. Shipping is sometimes extremely fast, but at other times can...
Many scratching posts are simply too small for a full-grown adult cat. This one is about 32 inches high, which allows for our two kitties to get a good back stretch. The scratching post is...
I am always impressed by the speed of Chewy.com's shipping! There have been times when I placed an order in the afternoon and received the items the next day. Their prices are also very...
Very pregnant cat acting like she's in heat. Labor??post #1 of 94/6/13 at 7:13pmThread StarterMy cat is very pregnant, at minimum 8 weeks, could be up to 9-10 weeks. A week ago she began acting like she is going to go into labour soon. Nesting frantically (but doesn't seem to "love" any of the 5 spots I tried), very affectionate, meowing (but not the labour howling) just to get more attention. I noticed the male cat has been in backyard a couple times past few days too. Her babies have become very active inside her and I can feel one very low between her legs, but one is as far up as her ribs still. She's been grooming herself a lot, more just licking all over, not specifically her birthing area. A couple time I've caught her laying on stomach with her butt slightly tilted up like she did when in heat. Also she is desperately wanting outside, scratching at doors and sitting at windows (like in heat). She follows me around the house a lot and sleeps a majority of the day. Lastly the past 2 days all of the above have increased and I keep thinking she's going to have kittens soon. When she's resting she will cringe and let out a low soft groan. Are these contractions or just discomfort? Does early labor mimic signs of in heat? This is my first pregnant cat and my 3 yr old daughter is so anxious and it's hard to keep her contained so Dora (the cat) feels comfortable. Also Dora is only 11 months old and was so extremely tiny before pregnancy that she was mistaken as the baby of her siblings with the size difference. She's pretty decent in size now, not as big as typical cats but she was small to start. Any help?! I'm trying to be patient but very excited and wish I knew how much longer.post #2 of 94/6/13 at 7:15pmThread Starterpost #3 of 94/6/13 at 9:34pmThread Starterpost #4 of 94/6/13 at 9:50pmThread Starterpost #5 of 94/6/13 at 9:55pmThread Starterpost #6 of 94/6/13 at 9:57pmThread Starterpost #7 of 99/29/13 at 10:01pm
My cat is pregnant... we think? She is also very young, and is acting like she is in heat. I believe she is around 5-6 weeks pregnant, but again we are not positive. Also, before we thought she was pregnant she had worms, and got her deworming medication. She keeps meowing very loud, and passing from room to room. Normally, she just sleeps on the couch all day. She is also sticking her but up in the air like she used to do when she was in hear? How did it turn out for you? What happened?post #8 of 94/13/14 at 8:22ampost #9 of 94/13/14 at 9:00am
This is normal. This is a good time to shut her into the room where you have her nesting box and keep her in there. This will reduce chances of her somehow finding a way to get outside (and some cats do).
I hope you are planning to have her spayed when this is over. She is very young to be having kittens of her own. Please read this article on just some of the benefits of spaying. http://www.thecatsite.com/a/spay-and-neuter-your-cats
Finally, I know you don't know how far along she is, but if at any point you really do think she is 10 weeks, you should take her to see a vet. While cats can handle being a few days overdue and be fine, if they are several days overdue, chances are high enough that something is wrong that a vet should be consulted.
- Very pregnant cat acting like she's in heat. Labor??
- Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!
- › The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2016 3 minutes ago
- › We're facing Panleukopenia.... :( 4 minutes ago
- › The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016. 4 minutes ago
- › Really , really bad breath 5 minutes ago
- › Yes, ANOTHER "when is my cat going to give birth" thread...but HELP! 5 minutes ago
- › Hairballs..nothing seems to help 8 minutes ago
- › Kitten unwell after vaccinations 11 minutes ago
- › L-Lysine questions please..... 12 minutes ago
- › Are Vaccinations Necessary For Indoor Kitties 13 minutes ago
- › Double letter game 14 minutes ago
- › Ethical Slotted Balls Cat Toy by Novathekittycat
- › KONG Cat ZoomGroom by Alina Chen
- › Petco.com by dorimon
- › SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post by dorimon
- › Chewy.com by dorimon
- › FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats by dorimon
- › Catit Jumbo Hooded Cat Litter Pan by dorimon
- › Litter-Lifter Kitty Litter Scoop for Cats Assorted Color by dorimon
- › Sherpa Original Deluxe Pet Carrier by dorimon
- › Comfort Zone with Feliway Spray for Cats by Rhondalee
- › Happy Star Wars Day With Another...
- › Cassie, Mortimer & Gertrude- siamese-mix...
- › Amazing photos! The 31 most helpful cats...
- › From Norway With Love - Picture Of The Week...
- › How to Save Your Cat From These 16...
- › An Inspurrational Quote About The Beauty Of Cats
- › Kitty
- › Should I Get A Kitten As A Gift For My Kids?
- › Picture Of The Week #1566 - Sir Grumpsalot
- › 7 Shakespeare Quotes Matched Up With...