- 91 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicPregnant Cat Behaviortagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- Neighbors pregnant cat Last post on 9/28/14 at 5:50am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Questions about my pregnant cat Last post on 9/18/14 at 3:21pm in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Very pregnant - is it soon? Last post on 10/2/14 at 12:34am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Is my cat pregnant? Last post on 5/24/14 at 10:37am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- just rescued a pregnant cat.. Last post on 5/26/14 at 3:25am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?
Last edited: 3/24/14
- Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!Last edited: 3/20/14
- How to Tell if My Cat is Pregnant?Last edited: 3/5/14
Is the reason for the secret consomme ingredient not being acknowledged because it is SOY? Soy is a neurotoxtn used to raise protein rate of catfood. Secret ingredients are never good news.
We have a very active Maine coon who grows hair like crazy and always seems to pick up debris under his tail. Our vet recommended this, and we're glad we got it. Every time I use it, I pull off...
They will literally do anything for these little pieces of magic goodness. I don't know what they put in these to make them so amazing, but cats will quickly learn to do any thing and everything...
At 7.99 for 3 lbs of of 48 patties it may not be cheap but, this is the first raw food I can plop in the dish and it is eaten quickly. No more of me having to hand/force feed, cover with bonito...
For anyone looking to adopt from Tabby Town located in Westby, WI be warned that the shelter in Westby houses close to 60 cats at one time all running loose throughout the house including some that...
Very pregnant cat acting like she's in heat. Labor??post #1 of 94/6/13 at 7:13pmThread StarterMy cat is very pregnant, at minimum 8 weeks, could be up to 9-10 weeks. A week ago she began acting like she is going to go into labour soon. Nesting frantically (but doesn't seem to "love" any of the 5 spots I tried), very affectionate, meowing (but not the labour howling) just to get more attention. I noticed the male cat has been in backyard a couple times past few days too. Her babies have become very active inside her and I can feel one very low between her legs, but one is as far up as her ribs still. She's been grooming herself a lot, more just licking all over, not specifically her birthing area. A couple time I've caught her laying on stomach with her butt slightly tilted up like she did when in heat. Also she is desperately wanting outside, scratching at doors and sitting at windows (like in heat). She follows me around the house a lot and sleeps a majority of the day. Lastly the past 2 days all of the above have increased and I keep thinking she's going to have kittens soon. When she's resting she will cringe and let out a low soft groan. Are these contractions or just discomfort? Does early labor mimic signs of in heat? This is my first pregnant cat and my 3 yr old daughter is so anxious and it's hard to keep her contained so Dora (the cat) feels comfortable. Also Dora is only 11 months old and was so extremely tiny before pregnancy that she was mistaken as the baby of her siblings with the size difference. She's pretty decent in size now, not as big as typical cats but she was small to start. Any help?! I'm trying to be patient but very excited and wish I knew how much longer.post #2 of 94/6/13 at 7:15pmThread Starterpost #3 of 94/6/13 at 9:34pmThread Starterpost #4 of 94/6/13 at 9:50pmThread Starterpost #5 of 94/6/13 at 9:55pmThread Starterpost #6 of 94/6/13 at 9:57pmThread Starterpost #7 of 99/29/13 at 10:01pm
My cat is pregnant... we think? She is also very young, and is acting like she is in heat. I believe she is around 5-6 weeks pregnant, but again we are not positive. Also, before we thought she was pregnant she had worms, and got her deworming medication. She keeps meowing very loud, and passing from room to room. Normally, she just sleeps on the couch all day. She is also sticking her but up in the air like she used to do when she was in hear? How did it turn out for you? What happened?post #8 of 94/13/14 at 8:22ampost #9 of 94/13/14 at 9:00am
This is normal. This is a good time to shut her into the room where you have her nesting box and keep her in there. This will reduce chances of her somehow finding a way to get outside (and some cats do).
I hope you are planning to have her spayed when this is over. She is very young to be having kittens of her own. Please read this article on just some of the benefits of spaying. http://www.thecatsite.com/a/spay-and-neuter-your-cats
Finally, I know you don't know how far along she is, but if at any point you really do think she is 10 weeks, you should take her to see a vet. While cats can handle being a few days overdue and be fine, if they are several days overdue, chances are high enough that something is wrong that a vet should be consulted.
- Very pregnant cat acting like she's in heat. Labor??
- Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!
- › What are you craving?? 4 minutes ago
- › Does Mei Li have any Siamese in the mix ? 35 minutes ago
- › What breed is my cat? 43 minutes ago
- › Where did you get that beautiful faise, Angel Baby? 45 minutes ago
- › What kind of kitten do I have? Pictures included 46 minutes ago
- › Breeds with Calico? 48 minutes ago
- › Support needed for a cat with enlarged liver - please 53 minutes ago
- › Starting an argument about castration 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Need tips for long travel and what we need to bring : Moving from... 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › What's the last thing you ate? 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Tiki Cat Consomme by Opie Catt
- › FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats by VBCatParent
- › Whiskas Temptations Treats for Cats by IntrovertKitty
- › Primal Frozen Raw Turkey Nugget Cat Food by Slykat12
- › Tabby Town - Westby, WI by HunterScott
- › Whiskas Temptations Tartar Control Treats for Cats by thesighrye
- › PetSafe Electronic Pet Feeder by LTS3
- › Holistic Select Grain Free Chicken Liver & Lamb Pate Cat Can... by Slykat12
- › Petmate Deluxe Vari Kennel Jr by thesighrye
- › Fancy Feast Broths - Various Flavors by thesighrye
- › Be kind to your cat's behinds! Dirty Cat...
- › Cat Picture of the Week #19 & Getting...
- › Dublin L. P. Knowles - full of gingery goodness
- › National Feral Cat Day and Picture of the...
- › Keeping Feral Cats Safe During Winter Months
- › Sweetie, Dante, Cimba and Dutchess
- › Karly
- › We lost our Floyd and are looking for nother...
- › Site News and Picture of the Week #17
- › Treats - Kitty is an Addict!