- 91 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicPregnant Cat Behaviortagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- My Cat is Growling and Hissing Last post on 10/31/14 at 11:15am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Neighbors pregnant cat Last post on 9/28/14 at 5:50am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Questions about my pregnant cat Last post on 9/18/14 at 3:21pm in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Very pregnant - is it soon? Last post on 10/2/14 at 12:34am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Is my cat pregnant? Last post on 5/24/14 at 10:37am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?
Last edited: 3/24/14
- Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!Last edited: 3/20/14
- How to Tell if My Cat is Pregnant?Last edited: 3/5/14
My cat loves this treat, but for some reason only the dentabites in chicken. My vet says his teeth look good, so i guess that's a good thing!!
We bought one of these when we had several cats wandering the house. It's a big house with mostly tile and hardwood floors and the Roomba really helps keep the cat hair and dirt picked up. I'm...
These pockets have been a lifesaver for me. My cat is impossible to pill, and now because of an enlarged heart must take lasix daily. Plus I didn't want to stress him out every day pilling him. I...
I don't know if this was a bad batch or if they're all like this, but when I opened the wet food, the outside of the food was 1 color & the inside food was another color. I thought it was odd, but...
I wouldn't suggest the large trees-houses.look for heavy, firm stable tree-houses and nothing over 5 ft. I love my cat's they get the best!
Very pregnant cat acting like she's in heat. Labor??post #1 of 94/6/13 at 7:13pmThread StarterMy cat is very pregnant, at minimum 8 weeks, could be up to 9-10 weeks. A week ago she began acting like she is going to go into labour soon. Nesting frantically (but doesn't seem to "love" any of the 5 spots I tried), very affectionate, meowing (but not the labour howling) just to get more attention. I noticed the male cat has been in backyard a couple times past few days too. Her babies have become very active inside her and I can feel one very low between her legs, but one is as far up as her ribs still. She's been grooming herself a lot, more just licking all over, not specifically her birthing area. A couple time I've caught her laying on stomach with her butt slightly tilted up like she did when in heat. Also she is desperately wanting outside, scratching at doors and sitting at windows (like in heat). She follows me around the house a lot and sleeps a majority of the day. Lastly the past 2 days all of the above have increased and I keep thinking she's going to have kittens soon. When she's resting she will cringe and let out a low soft groan. Are these contractions or just discomfort? Does early labor mimic signs of in heat? This is my first pregnant cat and my 3 yr old daughter is so anxious and it's hard to keep her contained so Dora (the cat) feels comfortable. Also Dora is only 11 months old and was so extremely tiny before pregnancy that she was mistaken as the baby of her siblings with the size difference. She's pretty decent in size now, not as big as typical cats but she was small to start. Any help?! I'm trying to be patient but very excited and wish I knew how much longer.post #2 of 94/6/13 at 7:15pmThread Starterpost #3 of 94/6/13 at 9:34pmThread Starterpost #4 of 94/6/13 at 9:50pmThread Starterpost #5 of 94/6/13 at 9:55pmThread Starterpost #6 of 94/6/13 at 9:57pmThread Starterpost #7 of 99/29/13 at 10:01pm
My cat is pregnant... we think? She is also very young, and is acting like she is in heat. I believe she is around 5-6 weeks pregnant, but again we are not positive. Also, before we thought she was pregnant she had worms, and got her deworming medication. She keeps meowing very loud, and passing from room to room. Normally, she just sleeps on the couch all day. She is also sticking her but up in the air like she used to do when she was in hear? How did it turn out for you? What happened?post #8 of 94/13/14 at 8:22ampost #9 of 94/13/14 at 9:00am
This is normal. This is a good time to shut her into the room where you have her nesting box and keep her in there. This will reduce chances of her somehow finding a way to get outside (and some cats do).
I hope you are planning to have her spayed when this is over. She is very young to be having kittens of her own. Please read this article on just some of the benefits of spaying. http://www.thecatsite.com/a/spay-and-neuter-your-cats
Finally, I know you don't know how far along she is, but if at any point you really do think she is 10 weeks, you should take her to see a vet. While cats can handle being a few days overdue and be fine, if they are several days overdue, chances are high enough that something is wrong that a vet should be consulted.
- Very pregnant cat acting like she's in heat. Labor??
- Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!
- › Nature's Variety Instinct canned food 1 minute ago
- › The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2015 4 minutes ago
- › pregnant manx kitty about 4-5 years old first litter..... help me 7 minutes ago
- › Raw Food Beginner, questions! 1 hour ago
- › Hello!! 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Ragdoll Kitten!!! 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › My Andyboo 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › Nuts 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › Basic crazy cat lady 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Mice 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Whiskas Temptations Treats for Cats by misterwhiskers
- › iRobot Roomba 630 Vacuum Cleaning Robot for Pets by betsygee
- › Greenies Pill Pockets for Cats by Di and Bob
- › RACHAEL RAY NUTRISH Natural Wet Food for Cats - Several Flavors by rlavach
- › Armarkat Cat Tree Model B7701 by ladyz
- › Soulistic Adult Canned Cat Food in Gravy - Various Flavors by Bambicastro
- › Vetri-Lysine Plus for Cats by VetriScience by 2Cats4Me
- › NOW Foods Lysine Powder by 2Cats4Me
- › Advantage II Flea Control for Cats by 2Cats4Me
- › Friskies Savory Shreds Cat Food by 2Cats4Me
- › Romeo. 8 Years of Cute.
- › Contest: Share Your Best April Fools'...
- › Sweet Schmidt - Picture of the Week #1513
- › We're All Cat Ears! Special Video!
- › Picture of the Week #1512
- › Site News: Share Your Opinions
- › Black is Beautiful - Picture of the Week #1511
- › Picture of the Week #1510
- › New Cat Checklist: What You Need to Get...
- › Cat Picture of the Week #1509 and...