- 91 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicPregnant Cat Behaviortagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- My Cat is Growling and Hissing Last post on 10/31/14 at 11:15am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Neighbors pregnant cat Last post on 9/28/14 at 5:50am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Questions about my pregnant cat Last post on 9/18/14 at 3:21pm in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Very pregnant - is it soon? Last post on 10/2/14 at 12:34am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Is my cat pregnant? Last post on 5/24/14 at 10:37am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?
Last edited: 3/24/14
- Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!Last edited: 5/23/15
- How to Tell if My Cat is Pregnant?Last edited: 5/23/15
I bought this for my 20-year-old cat, Muffin, when she started losing teeth. I was worried about her health because she had stopped eating dry food altogether (it was painful for her to chew) and...
One of our children has multiple special needs, including DS. Due to allergies, and other issues associated with this, I researched the "perfect cat" for over two years. Before finding Forestwind...
This stuff is great . I that it comes in a brushed aluminum bottle . Very easy to dispense too .
I got a sample packet from my Vet but my cats would not touch it ..
We have one just like this . My cats use it more for lounging on than scratching ..
Very pregnant cat acting like she's in heat. Labor??post #1 of 94/6/13 at 7:13pmThread StarterMy cat is very pregnant, at minimum 8 weeks, could be up to 9-10 weeks. A week ago she began acting like she is going to go into labour soon. Nesting frantically (but doesn't seem to "love" any of the 5 spots I tried), very affectionate, meowing (but not the labour howling) just to get more attention. I noticed the male cat has been in backyard a couple times past few days too. Her babies have become very active inside her and I can feel one very low between her legs, but one is as far up as her ribs still. She's been grooming herself a lot, more just licking all over, not specifically her birthing area. A couple time I've caught her laying on stomach with her butt slightly tilted up like she did when in heat. Also she is desperately wanting outside, scratching at doors and sitting at windows (like in heat). She follows me around the house a lot and sleeps a majority of the day. Lastly the past 2 days all of the above have increased and I keep thinking she's going to have kittens soon. When she's resting she will cringe and let out a low soft groan. Are these contractions or just discomfort? Does early labor mimic signs of in heat? This is my first pregnant cat and my 3 yr old daughter is so anxious and it's hard to keep her contained so Dora (the cat) feels comfortable. Also Dora is only 11 months old and was so extremely tiny before pregnancy that she was mistaken as the baby of her siblings with the size difference. She's pretty decent in size now, not as big as typical cats but she was small to start. Any help?! I'm trying to be patient but very excited and wish I knew how much longer.post #2 of 94/6/13 at 7:15pmThread Starterpost #3 of 94/6/13 at 9:34pmThread Starterpost #4 of 94/6/13 at 9:50pmThread Starterpost #5 of 94/6/13 at 9:55pmThread Starterpost #6 of 94/6/13 at 9:57pmThread Starterpost #7 of 99/29/13 at 10:01pm
My cat is pregnant... we think? She is also very young, and is acting like she is in heat. I believe she is around 5-6 weeks pregnant, but again we are not positive. Also, before we thought she was pregnant she had worms, and got her deworming medication. She keeps meowing very loud, and passing from room to room. Normally, she just sleeps on the couch all day. She is also sticking her but up in the air like she used to do when she was in hear? How did it turn out for you? What happened?post #8 of 94/13/14 at 8:22ampost #9 of 94/13/14 at 9:00am
This is normal. This is a good time to shut her into the room where you have her nesting box and keep her in there. This will reduce chances of her somehow finding a way to get outside (and some cats do).
I hope you are planning to have her spayed when this is over. She is very young to be having kittens of her own. Please read this article on just some of the benefits of spaying. http://www.thecatsite.com/a/spay-and-neuter-your-cats
Finally, I know you don't know how far along she is, but if at any point you really do think she is 10 weeks, you should take her to see a vet. While cats can handle being a few days overdue and be fine, if they are several days overdue, chances are high enough that something is wrong that a vet should be consulted.
- Very pregnant cat acting like she's in heat. Labor??
- Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!
- › Just got 2 kittens... 24 minutes ago
- › Kitten Coloring Question 45 minutes ago
- › The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2015 47 minutes ago
- › Help with kittens 53 minutes ago
- › newborn kittens can't find nipples to feed?? 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Kitten's anus different color?? 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Question of the Day, Friday, October 2 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › Kitten urine smell 2 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Momcat got all kittens sick 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Question of the Day, Saturday October 3rd 2 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Freshpet Vital Chicken, Ocean Whitefish & Egg Cat Food Recipe... by mrsjcross87
- › ForestWind Siberians - Bufflo, NY by Kay Deveroux
- › Iceland Pure Salmon Oil For Dogs and Cats by 2Cats4Me
- › Purina FortiFlora Feline Nutritional Supplement by 2Cats4Me
- › TRIXIE Pet Products Scratching Wave by 2Cats4Me
- › Cosmic Single Wide Scratcher by 2Cats4Me
- › Whiskas Temptations Dentabites Complete Oral Care Treats for Cats by 2Cats4Me
- › Greenies Smart Bites - Digestive Care by 2Cats4Me
- › Cat Claws' 100% Tuna Flakes by 2Cats4Me
- › All Natural Temptations Treats for Cats - Free Range Chicken Flavor by 2Cats4Me
- › Angua Von Uberwald
- › Picture of the week: Dallas, the kitten who...
- › happy&noghreh
- › Picture of the week: Andromeda and her pal
- › Carrot Ironfounderson
- › Picture of the week: A New Cat Enclosure
- › Ode to Lilac
- › The three trouble makers
- › Picture of the week: Tree climber
- › Holly the shiny wonder tortie