- 91 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicPregnant Cat Behaviortagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- very pregnant cat hasnt nested? Last post on 3/5/16 at 8:41am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- She is 7 months and is pregnant. help! Last post on 12/29/15 at 8:49pm in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Cat protective over our new pregnancy? Last post on 11/21/15 at 5:58am in Cat Behavior
- My Cat is Growling and Hissing Last post on 10/31/14 at 11:15am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Neighbors pregnant cat Last post on 9/28/14 at 5:50am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?
Last edited: 3/24/14
- Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!Last edited: 5/23/15
- How to Tell if My Cat is Pregnant?Last edited: 5/23/15
I've been through quite a few brands, trying to find a good quality kibble. Its been a real challenge to find something they all like AND I can afford. This is available in 18# bags for $21.99 at...
Chula and Paul have four other scratching posts, but this one gets the most attention, by far. It's holding up well to all the scratching, with only a bit of fuzziness after 8 months of intense...
This stuff is my cats absolute favorite food. They both scarf it down in no time. Atticus, my male gray tabby, even makes these "yum, yum, yum" sounds while he's eating it. I had to put two golf...
Generally a good brush and my cat loves it. i guess she finds it massaging only problem is to make sure you brush your cat outside as hair gets everywhere
My cats have always been crazy for them and the one I have now is no different. But it gets to the point they wont eat their food they just want the treats
Very pregnant cat acting like she's in heat. Labor??post #1 of 94/6/13 at 7:13pmThread StarterMy cat is very pregnant, at minimum 8 weeks, could be up to 9-10 weeks. A week ago she began acting like she is going to go into labour soon. Nesting frantically (but doesn't seem to "love" any of the 5 spots I tried), very affectionate, meowing (but not the labour howling) just to get more attention. I noticed the male cat has been in backyard a couple times past few days too. Her babies have become very active inside her and I can feel one very low between her legs, but one is as far up as her ribs still. She's been grooming herself a lot, more just licking all over, not specifically her birthing area. A couple time I've caught her laying on stomach with her butt slightly tilted up like she did when in heat. Also she is desperately wanting outside, scratching at doors and sitting at windows (like in heat). She follows me around the house a lot and sleeps a majority of the day. Lastly the past 2 days all of the above have increased and I keep thinking she's going to have kittens soon. When she's resting she will cringe and let out a low soft groan. Are these contractions or just discomfort? Does early labor mimic signs of in heat? This is my first pregnant cat and my 3 yr old daughter is so anxious and it's hard to keep her contained so Dora (the cat) feels comfortable. Also Dora is only 11 months old and was so extremely tiny before pregnancy that she was mistaken as the baby of her siblings with the size difference. She's pretty decent in size now, not as big as typical cats but she was small to start. Any help?! I'm trying to be patient but very excited and wish I knew how much longer.post #2 of 94/6/13 at 7:15pmThread Starterpost #3 of 94/6/13 at 9:34pmThread Starterpost #4 of 94/6/13 at 9:50pmThread Starterpost #5 of 94/6/13 at 9:55pmThread Starterpost #6 of 94/6/13 at 9:57pmThread Starterpost #7 of 99/29/13 at 10:01pm
My cat is pregnant... we think? She is also very young, and is acting like she is in heat. I believe she is around 5-6 weeks pregnant, but again we are not positive. Also, before we thought she was pregnant she had worms, and got her deworming medication. She keeps meowing very loud, and passing from room to room. Normally, she just sleeps on the couch all day. She is also sticking her but up in the air like she used to do when she was in hear? How did it turn out for you? What happened?post #8 of 94/13/14 at 8:22ampost #9 of 94/13/14 at 9:00am
This is normal. This is a good time to shut her into the room where you have her nesting box and keep her in there. This will reduce chances of her somehow finding a way to get outside (and some cats do).
I hope you are planning to have her spayed when this is over. She is very young to be having kittens of her own. Please read this article on just some of the benefits of spaying. http://www.thecatsite.com/a/spay-and-neuter-your-cats
Finally, I know you don't know how far along she is, but if at any point you really do think she is 10 weeks, you should take her to see a vet. While cats can handle being a few days overdue and be fine, if they are several days overdue, chances are high enough that something is wrong that a vet should be consulted.
- Very pregnant cat acting like she's in heat. Labor??
- Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!
- › Would anyone like to actually talk about Trump??? 1 minute ago
- › Non Recognition Aggression 7 minutes ago
- › Kind of baffled: Prednisone helping BMs? 12 minutes ago
- › Kitten has a lump after being spayed 13 minutes ago
- › New fosters - Medley & Moby - Advice welcome 16 minutes ago
- › New Mama Kitty & Baby 17 minutes ago
- › Giveaway! Win a FREE copy of "Makin' Biscuits"! 22 minutes ago
- › How often do you deworm, vaccinate and use flea treatment on indoor... 27 minutes ago
- › Support or help sudden leg weakness 28 minutes ago
- › Game - Change a letter - 5 letter words 29 minutes ago
- › Diamond Naturals Dry Food for Adult Cats - Active Cat by Docs Mom
- › Wall Scratch by Art Motion and Sound by Margd
- › Earthborn Holistic Chicken Catcciatori - 24x5.5oz by LavishSqualor
- › KONG Cat ZoomGroom by snowpawprint
- › Whiskas Temptations Treats for Cats by wzabretsky
- › SmartyKat Skitter Critters Cat Toy Catnip Mice by LisaHE
- › Pleasant Pond Bengals - Ridge, NY by bengalgirl
- › Think Like a Cat: How to Raise a Well-Adjusted Cat--Not a Sour Puss by Sargon
- › Turbo Scratcher Cat Toy by Sargon
- › Moody Pet Fling Ama String by Sargon