- 91 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicPregnant Cat Behaviortagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- very pregnant cat hasnt nested? Last post on 3/5/16 at 8:41am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- She is 7 months and is pregnant. help! Last post on 12/29/15 at 8:49pm in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Cat protective over our new pregnancy? Last post on 11/21/15 at 5:58am in Cat Behavior
- My Cat is Growling and Hissing Last post on 10/31/14 at 11:15am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Neighbors pregnant cat Last post on 9/28/14 at 5:50am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?
Last edited: 3/24/14
- Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!Last edited: 5/23/15
- How to Tell if My Cat is Pregnant?Last edited: 5/23/15
I adopted my cat about five weeks ago, and she didn't seem really into toys. The only one she played with a lot was one of the dangling Kong toys I got her, and she ended up chewing through the...
This was another one on my list to try, my bed is in the same room as the litter box & I've had breathing issues in the past so when it comes to litter, I don't like dust. When the cats use this,...
This is one of the best wand toys on the market. Indy and Kabby both love it and it holds up against their teeth and claws. Kabby is a very strong cat and it holds up to his tug of war games. Have...
They are a neat little thrown toy that attracts cats with feathers and catnip. you toss the toy and the cat chases them and plays. it is a pretty good toy, and worth it, if you want soemthign a...
I have nothing really bad to say about this toy, except that my cat just never liked it very much, despite my efforts (I also tried their catnip stuffed fish,and had similar results) , preferring...
Very pregnant cat acting like she's in heat. Labor??post #1 of 94/6/13 at 7:13pmThread StarterMy cat is very pregnant, at minimum 8 weeks, could be up to 9-10 weeks. A week ago she began acting like she is going to go into labour soon. Nesting frantically (but doesn't seem to "love" any of the 5 spots I tried), very affectionate, meowing (but not the labour howling) just to get more attention. I noticed the male cat has been in backyard a couple times past few days too. Her babies have become very active inside her and I can feel one very low between her legs, but one is as far up as her ribs still. She's been grooming herself a lot, more just licking all over, not specifically her birthing area. A couple time I've caught her laying on stomach with her butt slightly tilted up like she did when in heat. Also she is desperately wanting outside, scratching at doors and sitting at windows (like in heat). She follows me around the house a lot and sleeps a majority of the day. Lastly the past 2 days all of the above have increased and I keep thinking she's going to have kittens soon. When she's resting she will cringe and let out a low soft groan. Are these contractions or just discomfort? Does early labor mimic signs of in heat? This is my first pregnant cat and my 3 yr old daughter is so anxious and it's hard to keep her contained so Dora (the cat) feels comfortable. Also Dora is only 11 months old and was so extremely tiny before pregnancy that she was mistaken as the baby of her siblings with the size difference. She's pretty decent in size now, not as big as typical cats but she was small to start. Any help?! I'm trying to be patient but very excited and wish I knew how much longer.post #2 of 94/6/13 at 7:15pmThread Starterpost #3 of 94/6/13 at 9:34pmThread Starterpost #4 of 94/6/13 at 9:50pmThread Starterpost #5 of 94/6/13 at 9:55pmThread Starterpost #6 of 94/6/13 at 9:57pmThread Starterpost #7 of 99/29/13 at 10:01pm
My cat is pregnant... we think? She is also very young, and is acting like she is in heat. I believe she is around 5-6 weeks pregnant, but again we are not positive. Also, before we thought she was pregnant she had worms, and got her deworming medication. She keeps meowing very loud, and passing from room to room. Normally, she just sleeps on the couch all day. She is also sticking her but up in the air like she used to do when she was in hear? How did it turn out for you? What happened?post #8 of 94/13/14 at 8:22ampost #9 of 94/13/14 at 9:00am
This is normal. This is a good time to shut her into the room where you have her nesting box and keep her in there. This will reduce chances of her somehow finding a way to get outside (and some cats do).
I hope you are planning to have her spayed when this is over. She is very young to be having kittens of her own. Please read this article on just some of the benefits of spaying. http://www.thecatsite.com/a/spay-and-neuter-your-cats
Finally, I know you don't know how far along she is, but if at any point you really do think she is 10 weeks, you should take her to see a vet. While cats can handle being a few days overdue and be fine, if they are several days overdue, chances are high enough that something is wrong that a vet should be consulted.
- Very pregnant cat acting like she's in heat. Labor??
- Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!
- › advice and what to expect 28 seconds ago
- › I've got a technical problem 1 minute ago
- › Buddy the stray/feral update 1 minute ago
- › To move or not move our cat 4 minutes ago
- › Giving scared kittens medicine 4 minutes ago
- › Game - Answer the last question and ask the next 5 minutes ago
- › Relocating strays to new neighborhood 5 minutes ago
- › Worried about my cat 5 minutes ago
- › Sore in ear 9 minutes ago
- › General Smokestacks 🌟 🌟 🌟 10 minutes ago
- › Cat Charmer by permanentruby
- › Scoop Away Multi-Cat by msserena
- › Endless Possibilities Boinks Bamboozler by IndyJones
- › KONG Naturals Crinkle Ball with Feathers Cat Toy by Sargon
- › Cosmic 100-Percent Catnip Filled Chili Pepper by Sargon
- › Cosmic 100-Percent Catnip Filled Fish by Sargon
- › KONG Cat Cozie Kickeroo Assorted Catnip Toys by Sargon
- › KONG Cat Hugga Wubba Teaser Cat Toy (Colors Vary) by Sargon
- › Petstages Catnip Plaque-Away Pretzel Cat Chews by Sargon
- › SmartCat Peek-a-Prize Pet Toy Box by Sargon
- › Missy's Whiskers - Picture Of the Week...
- › The Cat Cone: A Complete Owner's Guide
- › Bernie, my FIV+ Bundle of Joy
- › Fluffy Grey Greyisha
- › Percy, Lost in Thought - Picture of the Week...
- › 21 Photos of Shoe-Obsessed Cats That Will...
- › Marco needs a forever home - Picture of the...
- › How to make your home BIGGER (at least for...
- › A Blue-eyed Girl - Picture of the Week #1605
- › Timmy!