- 91 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicPregnant Cat Behaviortagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- very pregnant cat hasnt nested? Last post on 3/5/16 at 8:41am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- She is 7 months and is pregnant. help! Last post on 12/29/15 at 8:49pm in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Cat protective over our new pregnancy? Last post on 11/21/15 at 5:58am in Cat Behavior
- My Cat is Growling and Hissing Last post on 10/31/14 at 11:15am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Neighbors pregnant cat Last post on 9/28/14 at 5:50am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?
Last edited: 3/24/14
- Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!Last edited: 5/23/15
- How to Tell if My Cat is Pregnant?Last edited: 5/23/15
Several years ago, I found this kit on Upco.com and decided to buy it. Since I took care of orphaned kittens for the local animal shelter, I figured that I better have some supplies on hand just...
Angie loves the Muse pate style canned cat food. The local feed store where I live had a buy 1 get 1 free offer, so I got a couple cans. Angie liked them so much (especially the Turkey and...
My cat Angie refused to eat Primal freeze dried cat food, no matter what I did to intice her. She prefers Stella & Chewy's chicken and salmon meal. It took longer for the nuggets to rehydrate...
My cat Angie and the two kittens that I am fostering right now love Fancy Feast Broths! They especially like one that has bits of tuna in a creamy sauce, but will also lap up the chicken one just...
My cat Angie is on Cyclosporine and Prednisone for severe "Atopic Dermatitis", and her meds are expensive to get every other month. I thought I could get a better deal on 1800 Pet Meds and save...
Very pregnant cat acting like she's in heat. Labor??post #1 of 94/6/13 at 7:13pmThread StarterMy cat is very pregnant, at minimum 8 weeks, could be up to 9-10 weeks. A week ago she began acting like she is going to go into labour soon. Nesting frantically (but doesn't seem to "love" any of the 5 spots I tried), very affectionate, meowing (but not the labour howling) just to get more attention. I noticed the male cat has been in backyard a couple times past few days too. Her babies have become very active inside her and I can feel one very low between her legs, but one is as far up as her ribs still. She's been grooming herself a lot, more just licking all over, not specifically her birthing area. A couple time I've caught her laying on stomach with her butt slightly tilted up like she did when in heat. Also she is desperately wanting outside, scratching at doors and sitting at windows (like in heat). She follows me around the house a lot and sleeps a majority of the day. Lastly the past 2 days all of the above have increased and I keep thinking she's going to have kittens soon. When she's resting she will cringe and let out a low soft groan. Are these contractions or just discomfort? Does early labor mimic signs of in heat? This is my first pregnant cat and my 3 yr old daughter is so anxious and it's hard to keep her contained so Dora (the cat) feels comfortable. Also Dora is only 11 months old and was so extremely tiny before pregnancy that she was mistaken as the baby of her siblings with the size difference. She's pretty decent in size now, not as big as typical cats but she was small to start. Any help?! I'm trying to be patient but very excited and wish I knew how much longer.post #2 of 94/6/13 at 7:15pmThread Starterpost #3 of 94/6/13 at 9:34pmThread Starterpost #4 of 94/6/13 at 9:50pmThread Starterpost #5 of 94/6/13 at 9:55pmThread Starterpost #6 of 94/6/13 at 9:57pmThread Starterpost #7 of 99/29/13 at 10:01pm
My cat is pregnant... we think? She is also very young, and is acting like she is in heat. I believe she is around 5-6 weeks pregnant, but again we are not positive. Also, before we thought she was pregnant she had worms, and got her deworming medication. She keeps meowing very loud, and passing from room to room. Normally, she just sleeps on the couch all day. She is also sticking her but up in the air like she used to do when she was in hear? How did it turn out for you? What happened?post #8 of 94/13/14 at 8:22ampost #9 of 94/13/14 at 9:00am
This is normal. This is a good time to shut her into the room where you have her nesting box and keep her in there. This will reduce chances of her somehow finding a way to get outside (and some cats do).
I hope you are planning to have her spayed when this is over. She is very young to be having kittens of her own. Please read this article on just some of the benefits of spaying. http://www.thecatsite.com/a/spay-and-neuter-your-cats
Finally, I know you don't know how far along she is, but if at any point you really do think she is 10 weeks, you should take her to see a vet. While cats can handle being a few days overdue and be fine, if they are several days overdue, chances are high enough that something is wrong that a vet should be consulted.
- Very pregnant cat acting like she's in heat. Labor??
- Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!
- › Game - Do you own a.....? 52 seconds ago
- › New kitten, dog and cate 2 minutes ago
- › Cleocatra Third Eyelid while Pregnant 2 minutes ago
- › 1 month old kitten asthma attack? 5 minutes ago
- › My cat Jack 6 minutes ago
- › Help with 7 week old kitten 9 minutes ago
- › Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too! 15 minutes ago
- › Foster Kitten Chatter 17 minutes ago
- › PREGNANT STRAY I ADOPTED 18 minutes ago
- › The Song Title Game - Scattergories Version 24 minutes ago
- › PetAg Kitten Milk Replacer (KMR) Emergency Feeding Kit by Jessie Gray
- › Purina® Muse® Grain Free Natural Pate Wet Cat Food by Jessie Gray
- › Primal Pet Foods Freeze Dried Feline Chicken and Salmon Formula by Jessie Gray
- › Fancy Feast Broths - Various Flavors by Jessie Gray
- › 1-800-PetMeds.com by Jessie Gray
- › Chewy.com by Jessie Gray
- › Precious Cat Kitten Attract Kitten Training Litter by Jessie Gray
- › Purina Tidy Cats Pure Nature Cat Litter by Jessie Gray
- › Petmate Jackson Galaxy Motor Mouse with Catnip by wannahelp
- › RACHAEL RAY NUTRISH Natural Dry Cat Food - Various Flavors by TheGreyStalker
- › How To Stop My Cat From Waking Me Up At Night?
- › Some things happen for a reason -...
- › The intriguing color pointed Sophie - Picture...
- › The Litterbox: What Every Cat Owner Needs To...
- › Let us guess your age by your preferences in...
- › The Beautiful Mittens - Picture Of The Week...
- › 15 Awesome Cat Caves That Are Practical,...
- › 52 Reasons Why Cats MUST Get Inside Boxes
- › Jack, the shaded golden Persian
- › Sweet Tortie and moving adoption story -...