- 91 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicPregnant Cat Behaviortagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- My Cat is Growling and Hissing Last post on 10/31/14 at 11:15am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Neighbors pregnant cat Last post on 9/28/14 at 5:50am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Questions about my pregnant cat Last post on 9/18/14 at 3:21pm in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Very pregnant - is it soon? Last post on 10/2/14 at 12:34am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Is my cat pregnant? Last post on 5/24/14 at 10:37am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?
Last edited: 3/24/14
- Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!Last edited: 3/20/14
- How to Tell if My Cat is Pregnant?Last edited: 3/5/14
I have only given these once or twice so not sure if there is any advantage in feeding them yet but the cats really enjoy them . They like to play with them for a couple minutes before eating them...
My cats love this one . I doubt that it actually cleans teeth but my cats do chew it and it is easily digested ..
My cats love Royal Canin, this one is their favorite ..
I loved this fountain because my cats liked it and used it but a couple months of use it kept overflowing and soaking the carpet . I faithfully cleaned it every week too . Just could not figure...
My cats love this kibble .. It smells fresh , the kibble is small chunky star shapes ..
Very pregnant cat acting like she's in heat. Labor??post #1 of 94/6/13 at 7:13pmThread StarterMy cat is very pregnant, at minimum 8 weeks, could be up to 9-10 weeks. A week ago she began acting like she is going to go into labour soon. Nesting frantically (but doesn't seem to "love" any of the 5 spots I tried), very affectionate, meowing (but not the labour howling) just to get more attention. I noticed the male cat has been in backyard a couple times past few days too. Her babies have become very active inside her and I can feel one very low between her legs, but one is as far up as her ribs still. She's been grooming herself a lot, more just licking all over, not specifically her birthing area. A couple time I've caught her laying on stomach with her butt slightly tilted up like she did when in heat. Also she is desperately wanting outside, scratching at doors and sitting at windows (like in heat). She follows me around the house a lot and sleeps a majority of the day. Lastly the past 2 days all of the above have increased and I keep thinking she's going to have kittens soon. When she's resting she will cringe and let out a low soft groan. Are these contractions or just discomfort? Does early labor mimic signs of in heat? This is my first pregnant cat and my 3 yr old daughter is so anxious and it's hard to keep her contained so Dora (the cat) feels comfortable. Also Dora is only 11 months old and was so extremely tiny before pregnancy that she was mistaken as the baby of her siblings with the size difference. She's pretty decent in size now, not as big as typical cats but she was small to start. Any help?! I'm trying to be patient but very excited and wish I knew how much longer.post #2 of 94/6/13 at 7:15pmThread Starterpost #3 of 94/6/13 at 9:34pmThread Starterpost #4 of 94/6/13 at 9:50pmThread Starterpost #5 of 94/6/13 at 9:55pmThread Starterpost #6 of 94/6/13 at 9:57pmThread Starterpost #7 of 99/29/13 at 10:01pm
My cat is pregnant... we think? She is also very young, and is acting like she is in heat. I believe she is around 5-6 weeks pregnant, but again we are not positive. Also, before we thought she was pregnant she had worms, and got her deworming medication. She keeps meowing very loud, and passing from room to room. Normally, she just sleeps on the couch all day. She is also sticking her but up in the air like she used to do when she was in hear? How did it turn out for you? What happened?post #8 of 94/13/14 at 8:22ampost #9 of 94/13/14 at 9:00am
This is normal. This is a good time to shut her into the room where you have her nesting box and keep her in there. This will reduce chances of her somehow finding a way to get outside (and some cats do).
I hope you are planning to have her spayed when this is over. She is very young to be having kittens of her own. Please read this article on just some of the benefits of spaying. http://www.thecatsite.com/a/spay-and-neuter-your-cats
Finally, I know you don't know how far along she is, but if at any point you really do think she is 10 weeks, you should take her to see a vet. While cats can handle being a few days overdue and be fine, if they are several days overdue, chances are high enough that something is wrong that a vet should be consulted.
- Very pregnant cat acting like she's in heat. Labor??
- Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!
- › Help! Fiance severely allergic to cats 53 seconds ago
- › Too old to be adopted? 57 seconds ago
- › Geography Game 4 minutes ago
- › What's the temp where YOU live today? 5 minutes ago
- › 11 year old cat swallowed left bottom canine tooth. help! 6 minutes ago
- › What's for dinner? - 2015 6 minutes ago
- › Cat going outside litter box every 3rd time. 9 minutes ago
- › What's the last thing you ate - 2015 12 minutes ago
- › Calicivirus-New Kitten Brought It In-Any Advice Appreciated 15 minutes ago
- › Name three things - 2015 15 minutes ago
- › C.E.T. Enzymatic Oral Hygiene Chews for Cats - Various Flavors by 2Cats4Me
- › Royal Canin Dry Cat Food, Oral Sensitive 30 Formula by 2Cats4Me
- › Royal Canin Dry Cat Food, Special 33 Formula by 2Cats4Me
- › Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain by 2Cats4Me
- › Chase Cat Food - All Life Stages Formula Size: 11 lbs by 2Cats4Me
- › Nightmist Abyssinians and Somalis - Sooke Canada by Twizzler
- › Merial Frontline Plus Flea and Tick Control for Cats and Kittens by Felinita
- › Sentry Good Behavior Pheromone Collar for Cats by roguethecat
- › OurPets Durapet Bowl Cat Dish by 2Cats4Me
- › The Cat Owner's Manual: Operating Instructions,... by 2Cats4Me
- › New Cat Checklist: What You Need to Get...
- › Cat Picture of the Week #1509 and...
- › Cat Picture of the Week - Makena!
- › Sashimi - Scottish Straight fawn male
- › Kika - Scottish Straight blue female
- › Sushi - Scottish Straight male
- › Site News & Cat Picture of the Week #1507
- › Julius Caesar the Maine Coon
- › Grady's Page
- › The Ultimate - Yet Simplified - Guide to...