- 91 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicPregnant Cat Behaviortagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- My Cat is Growling and Hissing Last post on Today at 1:50 am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Neighbors pregnant cat Last post on 9/28/14 at 5:50am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Questions about my pregnant cat Last post on 9/18/14 at 3:21pm in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Very pregnant - is it soon? Last post on 10/2/14 at 12:34am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Is my cat pregnant? Last post on 5/24/14 at 10:37am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?
Last edited: 3/24/14
- Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!Last edited: 3/20/14
- How to Tell if My Cat is Pregnant?Last edited: 3/5/14
This is essentially the least expensive dry grain free cat food on the market. This is a good choice for a cat with grain allergies and can't afford more expensive brands, while wanting to still do...
I have been using this litter for a couple years since my male cats have had crystals and UTIs, this litter has been great. It is a mix of white and blue ultra fine crystals, which would allow me...
This fountain is great. It was not expensive, works like a charm and best of all, kitty drinks from it very often because she is attracted to it. The fountain is small so it is placed very nicely...
I have bought this brand ever since I got my kitten 5 months ago. I LOVE IT! The fresh sawdust smell covers up any odor my cat leaves. My kitten doesn't mind the pellets, although at first she...
Is the reason for the secret consomme ingredient not being acknowledged because it is SOY? Soy is a neurotoxtn used to raise protein rate of catfood. Secret ingredients are never good news.
Very pregnant cat acting like she's in heat. Labor??post #1 of 94/6/13 at 7:13pmThread StarterMy cat is very pregnant, at minimum 8 weeks, could be up to 9-10 weeks. A week ago she began acting like she is going to go into labour soon. Nesting frantically (but doesn't seem to "love" any of the 5 spots I tried), very affectionate, meowing (but not the labour howling) just to get more attention. I noticed the male cat has been in backyard a couple times past few days too. Her babies have become very active inside her and I can feel one very low between her legs, but one is as far up as her ribs still. She's been grooming herself a lot, more just licking all over, not specifically her birthing area. A couple time I've caught her laying on stomach with her butt slightly tilted up like she did when in heat. Also she is desperately wanting outside, scratching at doors and sitting at windows (like in heat). She follows me around the house a lot and sleeps a majority of the day. Lastly the past 2 days all of the above have increased and I keep thinking she's going to have kittens soon. When she's resting she will cringe and let out a low soft groan. Are these contractions or just discomfort? Does early labor mimic signs of in heat? This is my first pregnant cat and my 3 yr old daughter is so anxious and it's hard to keep her contained so Dora (the cat) feels comfortable. Also Dora is only 11 months old and was so extremely tiny before pregnancy that she was mistaken as the baby of her siblings with the size difference. She's pretty decent in size now, not as big as typical cats but she was small to start. Any help?! I'm trying to be patient but very excited and wish I knew how much longer.post #2 of 94/6/13 at 7:15pmThread Starterpost #3 of 94/6/13 at 9:34pmThread Starterpost #4 of 94/6/13 at 9:50pmThread Starterpost #5 of 94/6/13 at 9:55pmThread Starterpost #6 of 94/6/13 at 9:57pmThread Starterpost #7 of 99/29/13 at 10:01pm
My cat is pregnant... we think? She is also very young, and is acting like she is in heat. I believe she is around 5-6 weeks pregnant, but again we are not positive. Also, before we thought she was pregnant she had worms, and got her deworming medication. She keeps meowing very loud, and passing from room to room. Normally, she just sleeps on the couch all day. She is also sticking her but up in the air like she used to do when she was in hear? How did it turn out for you? What happened?post #8 of 94/13/14 at 8:22ampost #9 of 94/13/14 at 9:00am
This is normal. This is a good time to shut her into the room where you have her nesting box and keep her in there. This will reduce chances of her somehow finding a way to get outside (and some cats do).
I hope you are planning to have her spayed when this is over. She is very young to be having kittens of her own. Please read this article on just some of the benefits of spaying. http://www.thecatsite.com/a/spay-and-neuter-your-cats
Finally, I know you don't know how far along she is, but if at any point you really do think she is 10 weeks, you should take her to see a vet. While cats can handle being a few days overdue and be fine, if they are several days overdue, chances are high enough that something is wrong that a vet should be consulted.
- Very pregnant cat acting like she's in heat. Labor??
- Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!
- › Post pictures of your precious Blue / Gray / Maltese cats here! 11 minutes ago
- › Nail Clipping 24 minutes ago
- › What breed is the cat in this video? 26 minutes ago
- › Cat Abuse!!!! aka Halloween Costumes 59 minutes ago
- › Please help me get some sleep!!! 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Question of the Day - Thursday October 30 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › Kitten not enthusiastic about raw anymore? WHY?! :( 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › Computer problem 2 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › My Cat is Growling and Hissing 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Does my cat seem pregnant? 2 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Taste of the Wild Dry Cat Food, Rocky Mountain Feline Formula by michi082704
- › Precious Cat Senior Litter by michi082704
- › Catit Fresh & Clear Small Drinking Fountain by Shadowbaby14
- › Feline Pine Original Cat Litter by Xochitl14
- › Tiki Cat Consomme by Opie Catt
- › FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats by VBCatParent
- › Whiskas Temptations Treats for Cats by IntrovertKitty
- › Primal Frozen Raw Turkey Nugget Cat Food by Slykat12
- › Tabby Town - Westby, WI by HunterScott
- › Whiskas Temptations Tartar Control Treats for Cats by thesighrye
- › Another Picture In The Spirit of Halloween -...
- › Be kind to your cat's behinds! Dirty Cat...
- › Cat Picture of the Week #19 & Getting...
- › Dublin L. P. Knowles - full of gingery goodness
- › National Feral Cat Day and Picture of the...
- › Keeping Feral Cats Safe During Winter Months
- › Sweetie, Dante, Cimba and Dutchess
- › Karly
- › We lost our Floyd and are looking for nother...
- › Site News and Picture of the Week #17