- 91 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicPregnant Cat Behaviortagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- very pregnant cat hasnt nested? Last post on 3/5/16 at 8:41am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- She is 7 months and is pregnant. help! Last post on 12/29/15 at 8:49pm in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Cat protective over our new pregnancy? Last post on 11/21/15 at 5:58am in Cat Behavior
- My Cat is Growling and Hissing Last post on 10/31/14 at 11:15am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Neighbors pregnant cat Last post on 9/28/14 at 5:50am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?
Last edited: 3/24/14
- Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!Last edited: 5/23/15
- How to Tell if My Cat is Pregnant?Last edited: 5/23/15
I have the unheated version of this bed, attached to the window in the bedroom. Kitties love to sleep on it at night and use it as a perch in the mornings to see what's happening in the outside...
This toy has been one pleasant surprise after the next. Both Paul and Chula love it and play with it daily. The random nature of the wand and the feathers work together to imitate prey trying to...
My cats really liked this toy when it first arrived but it turns out they do not like the covered style of the racetrack as much as they like the more open styles. They still bat the feather...
Both Paul and Chula love this feeder and use it all the time. I keep small amounts of kibble in it at night so they won't wake me up too early for breakfast and they enjoy fishing out the kibble...
I was looking for an electronic toy that would help work off some of Chulas's energy but had held off getting this one, or others in the same vein, because I'd read that they kept turning off when...
Very pregnant cat acting like she's in heat. Labor??post #1 of 94/6/13 at 7:13pmThread StarterMy cat is very pregnant, at minimum 8 weeks, could be up to 9-10 weeks. A week ago she began acting like she is going to go into labour soon. Nesting frantically (but doesn't seem to "love" any of the 5 spots I tried), very affectionate, meowing (but not the labour howling) just to get more attention. I noticed the male cat has been in backyard a couple times past few days too. Her babies have become very active inside her and I can feel one very low between her legs, but one is as far up as her ribs still. She's been grooming herself a lot, more just licking all over, not specifically her birthing area. A couple time I've caught her laying on stomach with her butt slightly tilted up like she did when in heat. Also she is desperately wanting outside, scratching at doors and sitting at windows (like in heat). She follows me around the house a lot and sleeps a majority of the day. Lastly the past 2 days all of the above have increased and I keep thinking she's going to have kittens soon. When she's resting she will cringe and let out a low soft groan. Are these contractions or just discomfort? Does early labor mimic signs of in heat? This is my first pregnant cat and my 3 yr old daughter is so anxious and it's hard to keep her contained so Dora (the cat) feels comfortable. Also Dora is only 11 months old and was so extremely tiny before pregnancy that she was mistaken as the baby of her siblings with the size difference. She's pretty decent in size now, not as big as typical cats but she was small to start. Any help?! I'm trying to be patient but very excited and wish I knew how much longer.post #2 of 94/6/13 at 7:15pmThread Starterpost #3 of 94/6/13 at 9:34pmThread Starterpost #4 of 94/6/13 at 9:50pmThread Starterpost #5 of 94/6/13 at 9:55pmThread Starterpost #6 of 94/6/13 at 9:57pmThread Starterpost #7 of 99/29/13 at 10:01pm
My cat is pregnant... we think? She is also very young, and is acting like she is in heat. I believe she is around 5-6 weeks pregnant, but again we are not positive. Also, before we thought she was pregnant she had worms, and got her deworming medication. She keeps meowing very loud, and passing from room to room. Normally, she just sleeps on the couch all day. She is also sticking her but up in the air like she used to do when she was in hear? How did it turn out for you? What happened?post #8 of 94/13/14 at 8:22ampost #9 of 94/13/14 at 9:00am
This is normal. This is a good time to shut her into the room where you have her nesting box and keep her in there. This will reduce chances of her somehow finding a way to get outside (and some cats do).
I hope you are planning to have her spayed when this is over. She is very young to be having kittens of her own. Please read this article on just some of the benefits of spaying. http://www.thecatsite.com/a/spay-and-neuter-your-cats
Finally, I know you don't know how far along she is, but if at any point you really do think she is 10 weeks, you should take her to see a vet. While cats can handle being a few days overdue and be fine, if they are several days overdue, chances are high enough that something is wrong that a vet should be consulted.
- Very pregnant cat acting like she's in heat. Labor??
- Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!
- › The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2016 1 minute ago
- › Vote for the naughtiest kitties! Picture Of The Month June 2016 5 minutes ago
- › What should I do about their diet 7 minutes ago
- › Can anyone tell me what breed my cat is? 14 minutes ago
- › Little Boy's Diet Thread. 15 minutes ago
- › Hello! I am new here 22 minutes ago
- › My indoor only got out. 25 minutes ago
- › Arcturus' journal: life with a FIV+ cat 30 minutes ago
- › Help! Cat scratching door posts! 35 minutes ago
- › Lucas needs help 36 minutes ago
- › K&H Thermo Heated Kitty Sill by betsygee
- › SmartyKat Loco! Motion Cat Toy Automated Activity Toy by Margd
- › KONG CA42 Eight Track Catnip Toy by Margd
- › Catit Design Senses Treat Maze by Margd
- › SmartyKat Hot Pursuit Cat Toy Concealed Motion Toy by Margd
- › Turbo Scratcher Cat Toy by Ginny
- › Fancy Feast Broths - Various Flavors by catluvr321
- › Life Essentials Freeze Dried Chicken Cat Treat Size: 5 Oz by MrsTY
- › Petlinks System Twinkle Chute Cat Tunnel by raysmyheart
- › PureBites Cat Treats by Jackson76
- › When to spay or neuter a cat?
- › Mars
- › Stunning Close-Up Of A Cat's Eyes -...
- › Hello,here is Mr.White
- › Can cats have Down Syndrome?
- › Inspurrational Quote: Happiness never...
- › Quiz: If your cat had a job what would it be?
- › Adorable Balinese Kitten - Picture Of The...
- › 18 Hilarious Cat Photobombs (And One Dog...
- › How Old Do Kittens Have To Be To Leave Their...