- 91 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicPregnant Cat Behaviortagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- very pregnant cat hasnt nested? Last post on 3/5/16 at 8:41am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- She is 7 months and is pregnant. help! Last post on 12/29/15 at 8:49pm in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Cat protective over our new pregnancy? Last post on 11/21/15 at 5:58am in Cat Behavior
- My Cat is Growling and Hissing Last post on 10/31/14 at 11:15am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Neighbors pregnant cat Last post on 9/28/14 at 5:50am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?
Last edited: 3/24/14
- Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!Last edited: 5/23/15
- How to Tell if My Cat is Pregnant?Last edited: 5/23/15
This is a great toy. I have two of these and sometimes tie them together using the ties on the tunnel ends, for an extra long race track for the cats. They enjoy having stuff like balled up paper...
So the PetNet Automatic feeder has been great for my two cats! it is Wi-Fi connected and is wall powered, if the Wi-Fi or power shuts off the feeder holds a charge and still holds last known time...
Most scarves I find to be too heavy and bulky or too short or too long. I only have a couple that I actually like to wear. But I saw this on Amazon last winter and it was really cute and wasn't...
This is my cat's favorite brush and we tried many :) He started out hating any kind of brushing but after a month of treats and me following him all over the house to do a few strokes he now asks...
This is by no means a perfect cat tree but if you are on a budget or have limited space, or just want to see if your cat or kitten will like cat tree type of thing, than it's great place to start....
Very pregnant cat acting like she's in heat. Labor??post #1 of 94/6/13 at 7:13pmThread StarterMy cat is very pregnant, at minimum 8 weeks, could be up to 9-10 weeks. A week ago she began acting like she is going to go into labour soon. Nesting frantically (but doesn't seem to "love" any of the 5 spots I tried), very affectionate, meowing (but not the labour howling) just to get more attention. I noticed the male cat has been in backyard a couple times past few days too. Her babies have become very active inside her and I can feel one very low between her legs, but one is as far up as her ribs still. She's been grooming herself a lot, more just licking all over, not specifically her birthing area. A couple time I've caught her laying on stomach with her butt slightly tilted up like she did when in heat. Also she is desperately wanting outside, scratching at doors and sitting at windows (like in heat). She follows me around the house a lot and sleeps a majority of the day. Lastly the past 2 days all of the above have increased and I keep thinking she's going to have kittens soon. When she's resting she will cringe and let out a low soft groan. Are these contractions or just discomfort? Does early labor mimic signs of in heat? This is my first pregnant cat and my 3 yr old daughter is so anxious and it's hard to keep her contained so Dora (the cat) feels comfortable. Also Dora is only 11 months old and was so extremely tiny before pregnancy that she was mistaken as the baby of her siblings with the size difference. She's pretty decent in size now, not as big as typical cats but she was small to start. Any help?! I'm trying to be patient but very excited and wish I knew how much longer.post #2 of 94/6/13 at 7:15pmThread Starterpost #3 of 94/6/13 at 9:34pmThread Starterpost #4 of 94/6/13 at 9:50pmThread Starterpost #5 of 94/6/13 at 9:55pmThread Starterpost #6 of 94/6/13 at 9:57pmThread Starterpost #7 of 99/29/13 at 10:01pm
My cat is pregnant... we think? She is also very young, and is acting like she is in heat. I believe she is around 5-6 weeks pregnant, but again we are not positive. Also, before we thought she was pregnant she had worms, and got her deworming medication. She keeps meowing very loud, and passing from room to room. Normally, she just sleeps on the couch all day. She is also sticking her but up in the air like she used to do when she was in hear? How did it turn out for you? What happened?post #8 of 94/13/14 at 8:22ampost #9 of 94/13/14 at 9:00am
This is normal. This is a good time to shut her into the room where you have her nesting box and keep her in there. This will reduce chances of her somehow finding a way to get outside (and some cats do).
I hope you are planning to have her spayed when this is over. She is very young to be having kittens of her own. Please read this article on just some of the benefits of spaying. http://www.thecatsite.com/a/spay-and-neuter-your-cats
Finally, I know you don't know how far along she is, but if at any point you really do think she is 10 weeks, you should take her to see a vet. While cats can handle being a few days overdue and be fine, if they are several days overdue, chances are high enough that something is wrong that a vet should be consulted.
- Very pregnant cat acting like she's in heat. Labor??
- Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!
- › Roman needs to sleep where I sleep and I live in a one bedroom apt 3 minutes ago
- › Tasty, cheap grain free kitten dry food recommendations 4 minutes ago
- › I need a cat - please help me pick one 11 minutes ago
- › Kittens breathing hard with mouth open, HELP! 13 minutes ago
- › My baby have ear mites 13 minutes ago
- › Need some help Mr GV 13 minutes ago
- › Unknown CAT breed 31 minutes ago
- › Question of the Day, Wednesday, September 28, 2016 37 minutes ago
- › Ollie, the forest cat? 40 minutes ago
- › I never thought I'd be posting here.... 42 minutes ago
- › CrackleChute Collapsible Tunnel by crlamke
- › Petnet SmartFeeder - Automatic Pet Feeder by boellp
- › Vivian & Vincent Cat-Themed Sheer Infinity Scarf by CatMinionJess
- › Groomers Slicker Brush Cats by KiraTheCat
- › Cat Craft Perch Lookout by KiraTheCat
- › Litter-Lifter Kitty Litter Scoop for Cats Assorted Color by KiraTheCat
- › Precious Cat Ultra Premium Clumping Cat Litter by KiraTheCat
- › PetzLife Oral Care Gel 4oz Salmon Oil by msserena
- › Petrodex Enzymatic Cat Malt Flavor Toothpaste by msserena
- › Comfort Zone with Feliway Spray for Cats by msserena
- › Quiz: Are YOU a Crazy Cat Lady?
- › All about the eyes - Picture Of The Week #1587
- › A Scientific Take On Cat Nutrition By Dr....
- › Interior door prop for cats
- › Stay Pawsitive with this inspurrational quote
- › From A Siberian With Love - Picture Of The...
- › Ruby the Angora
- › 7 Stunning Cat Rings That Will Make You Go...
- › Kitten Cuteness - Picture Of The Week#1586
- › January's page