- 91 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicPregnant Cat Behaviortagged by Anne, 6/11/14
Related Forum Threads
- very pregnant cat hasnt nested? Last post on 3/5/16 at 8:41am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- She is 7 months and is pregnant. help! Last post on 12/29/15 at 8:49pm in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Cat protective over our new pregnancy? Last post on 11/21/15 at 5:58am in Cat Behavior
- My Cat is Growling and Hissing Last post on 10/31/14 at 11:15am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
- Neighbors pregnant cat Last post on 9/28/14 at 5:50am in Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?
Last edited: 3/24/14
- Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!Last edited: 5/23/15
- How to Tell if My Cat is Pregnant?Last edited: 5/23/15
I used this brush on my senior cat Wesley who had developed very sensitive skin and a low tolerance for brushing in his old age. It was the only brush he allowed and it did help get the loose hair...
(Disclaimer: I am using the Blue Buffalo Multi-Cat Ultra Odor Control, the yellow one) When I bought this litter, my expectations were not high. I was looking for a new eco-friendly litter...
I use this primarily on Paul, who has short, thick hair. First I groom him with a tool like the furminator or a toothed grooming loop and then stroke him while wearing this glove. The glove picks...
I purchased this product for my kitten and he has loved it since the first day I highly recommend buying this product :D if you have a cat who loves to chase and jump this is the toy for them
My kitties really enjoy this, it's a top fave - especially for one of them, who tends to be a light and pickier eater. This is one of the only foods she will actually munch down quickly in one...
Very pregnant cat acting like she's in heat. Labor??post #1 of 94/6/13 at 7:13pmThread StarterMy cat is very pregnant, at minimum 8 weeks, could be up to 9-10 weeks. A week ago she began acting like she is going to go into labour soon. Nesting frantically (but doesn't seem to "love" any of the 5 spots I tried), very affectionate, meowing (but not the labour howling) just to get more attention. I noticed the male cat has been in backyard a couple times past few days too. Her babies have become very active inside her and I can feel one very low between her legs, but one is as far up as her ribs still. She's been grooming herself a lot, more just licking all over, not specifically her birthing area. A couple time I've caught her laying on stomach with her butt slightly tilted up like she did when in heat. Also she is desperately wanting outside, scratching at doors and sitting at windows (like in heat). She follows me around the house a lot and sleeps a majority of the day. Lastly the past 2 days all of the above have increased and I keep thinking she's going to have kittens soon. When she's resting she will cringe and let out a low soft groan. Are these contractions or just discomfort? Does early labor mimic signs of in heat? This is my first pregnant cat and my 3 yr old daughter is so anxious and it's hard to keep her contained so Dora (the cat) feels comfortable. Also Dora is only 11 months old and was so extremely tiny before pregnancy that she was mistaken as the baby of her siblings with the size difference. She's pretty decent in size now, not as big as typical cats but she was small to start. Any help?! I'm trying to be patient but very excited and wish I knew how much longer.post #2 of 94/6/13 at 7:15pmThread Starterpost #3 of 94/6/13 at 9:34pmThread Starterpost #4 of 94/6/13 at 9:50pmThread Starterpost #5 of 94/6/13 at 9:55pmThread Starterpost #6 of 94/6/13 at 9:57pmThread Starterpost #7 of 99/29/13 at 10:01pm
My cat is pregnant... we think? She is also very young, and is acting like she is in heat. I believe she is around 5-6 weeks pregnant, but again we are not positive. Also, before we thought she was pregnant she had worms, and got her deworming medication. She keeps meowing very loud, and passing from room to room. Normally, she just sleeps on the couch all day. She is also sticking her but up in the air like she used to do when she was in hear? How did it turn out for you? What happened?post #8 of 94/13/14 at 8:22ampost #9 of 94/13/14 at 9:00am
This is normal. This is a good time to shut her into the room where you have her nesting box and keep her in there. This will reduce chances of her somehow finding a way to get outside (and some cats do).
I hope you are planning to have her spayed when this is over. She is very young to be having kittens of her own. Please read this article on just some of the benefits of spaying. http://www.thecatsite.com/a/spay-and-neuter-your-cats
Finally, I know you don't know how far along she is, but if at any point you really do think she is 10 weeks, you should take her to see a vet. While cats can handle being a few days overdue and be fine, if they are several days overdue, chances are high enough that something is wrong that a vet should be consulted.
- Very pregnant cat acting like she's in heat. Labor??
- Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!
- › Let's Babble Our Way to Post #4,000,000 And Win Prizes Too! 2 minutes ago
- › Is my girl in labour? 2 minutes ago
- › URGENT: Newborn kittens cannot recognise scent of mother after... 10 minutes ago
- › Hi There! 13 minutes ago
- › Is there a meaning to your cat's name? 16 minutes ago
- › Last two letters game 29 minutes ago
- › Just joined! 39 minutes ago
- › How far along is my girl? 44 minutes ago
- › Funny Cat Videos and Brieanna 45 minutes ago
- › The Sentence Game 46 minutes ago
- › Safari Soft Bristle Brush for Cats, Wood Handle by Margd
- › Blue Buffalo Naturally Fresh Multi-Cat Clumping Cat Litter by Manx
- › Love Glove Grooming Mitt for Cats by Margd
- › Ethical Pet Spotbrites Laser Pet Toy and Exerciser by Lalnable
- › Fromm Grain Free Dry Cat Food - Various Flavors by Cassiopea
- › Petmate two door deluxe carrier by ashade1
- › Cat's Best Öko Plus by Sair
- › Litter Locker II Hygenic Soiled Litter Disposal System by MyBuddyOrion
- › Fresh Step Scoopable Cat Litter, Multiple Cat by Alicia88
- › Greenies Pill Pockets for Cats by MrsTY
- › 36 Top Cats on Twitter That You Have To Check...
- › Miss Rose--the Sphinx of Egypt
- › Doting on Mingle - Picture Of The Week #1584
- › The Cat Safety Quiz
- › Solving Cat Behavior Problems: The Key...
- › Kyran - Rainbow Kitty
- › OJ is good for your health! Picture Of The...
- › 9 Grass Growing Kits That Will Make Your Cat...
- › The Beautiful Bella - Picture Of The Week #1582
- › Beatrix the Bean