- 137 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Location: North Carolina, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- To spay or not to spay Last post on 12/16/13 at 2:24am in Cat Health
- Vet 'only taking established patients' Last post on 5/8/16 at 9:34pm in Cat Health
- Getting kitty spayed - worried! Last post on 5/11/16 at 3:08pm in Cat Behavior
- Huge vet issues Last post on 5/17/16 at 3:07pm in Cat Behavior
- Shots? Surgery? need some advice Last post on 3/13/16 at 8:24pm in Cat Care & Grooming
35 Signs That Your Cat May Be In Pain
Last edited: 3/22/16
- No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help and Save Your Cat's LifeLast edited: 10/27/15
- How to Talk to Your VetLast edited: 5/23/15
- In Preparation for Kitten SeasonLast edited: 3/3/14
- When to spay/neuter a catLast edited: 5/5/15
I have the unheated version of this bed, attached to the window in the bedroom. Kitties love to sleep on it at night and use it as a perch in the mornings to see what's happening in the outside...
This toy has been one pleasant surprise after the next. Both Paul and Chula love it and play with it daily. The random nature of the wand and the feathers work together to imitate prey trying to...
My cats really liked this toy when it first arrived but it turns out they do not like the covered style of the racetrack as much as they like the more open styles. They still bat the feather...
Both Paul and Chula love this feeder and use it all the time. I keep small amounts of kibble in it at night so they won't wake me up too early for breakfast and they enjoy fishing out the kibble...
I was looking for an electronic toy that would help work off some of Chulas's energy but had held off getting this one, or others in the same vein, because I'd read that they kept turning off when...
How much does your vet charge you to spay a cat? - Page 2post #31 of 4011/16/12 at 11:31amI just paid around $300 for Pepper. That included laser surgery, inhalant anesthesia and microchip.post #32 of 4011/16/12 at 11:41am
Wow I thought the prices over here were high but some of those prices no one here would ever get them done if the vets charged some of those prices. Last month Willow cost me €100 this was $127 and Salty was €50 so $63 this included antibiotics for Willow and her stitches taken out 10 days later.post #33 of 4011/16/12 at 11:55am
In the Washington, DC area I was quoted anywhere from $285 (male) to over $800 (female, required overnight stay) to get a cat spay/neutered. Those prices are from vets.
For TNR purposes, it is around $60, which includes rabies, calicovirus shots, defleaing, etc. The organization I went through to get 35 cats s/n off and on over a 2.5 year period luckily didn't require the cats to be absolutely feral; at least 1/3 of these cats were previously owned but abandoned. An organization I volunteer for recently opened its own non-profit s/n center. They charge for $55 female, $45 male, rabies and eartip. As part of the arrangement they made with other vets--who were opposed to them opening a s/n clinic in their neighborhood--they had to agree not to offer any routine care services and cannot keep cats overnight.post #34 of 4011/16/12 at 7:29pm
Once or twice a year our local SPCA does a free spay/neuter for cats, kittens and pitbulls. Luckily, Java was old enough when the time came so her spay and rabies vaccine was free. We did pay the $15 for after care pain meds and an e-collar (which we ended up not needing). We appreciated it SO much.
The low cost animal hospital here charges $25 for neuters and $60 for spays. Both include pain meds/after care.
Regular vet charges around $100 for spay and $50 for neuters. Depending on what part of town you are in though, it can get crazy expensive.post #35 of 4011/17/12 at 2:03am
Wow that price is just outrageous!!!! At my shelter the adoption fee is $70 and that includes the surgery, first shots, first deworming, microchipping, and a free vet visit! If you have another pet and just want to get them fixed it's $40. There is also another shelter that has a mobile spay and neuter clinic in the Summer and Fall that only charges $10!
I totally understand that vets are running a business same as everyone else and that there is a lot of overhead associated with that. However, I would think that most vets would care about general animal well-being and would want to support the message of spay and neuter and so would make it affordable. I know they have to make a living but that shouldn't happen at the expense of their morals!
Re-coup the overhead in some other way. Make spay and neuter more affordable!post #36 of 4011/17/12 at 12:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by EB24
Wow that price is just outrageous!!!!
I would think that most vets would care about general animal well-being and would want to support the message of spay and neuter and so would make it affordable. I know they have to make a living but that shouldn't happen at the expense of their morals!
Re-coup the overhead in some other way. Make spay and neuter more affordable!
I agree. My previous vets (when I lived in Leeds) were not cheap, except for neutering. They did a lot of the RSPCA work and I'm sure they were very aware of how essential making neutering costs reasonable is.post #37 of 401/21/13 at 5:23pmpost #38 of 401/21/13 at 8:29pmpost #39 of 401/22/13 at 1:12amToronto prices depress me. For everything-not just animal care, lol. My vet price to get an ultrasound in Toronto is 700 with tax. Welcome to the big city! A spay at my Scarborough vet was around 200, I think. Neuter was a lot cheaper.post #40 of 401/23/13 at 11:50pm
I think it would be difficult to find a regular vet that does spays for under $200 in Ontario. Maybe a neuter..
Spays run between $250 and $350 depending on the vet. And we are in "cottage country". Most drive to the
low cost spay/neuter clinic in Newmarket. And most vets will not spay until they have had all of their shots.
Most cannot afford hundreds of dollars and we wonder why we have cat's coming out our ying yang. :(
- How much does your vet charge you to spay a cat?
- No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help and Save Your Cat's Life
- › Friendly stray or pet??? Please help!! 11 minutes ago
- › My cat has urinary blockage/obstruction :( 19 minutes ago
- › Help needed 29 minutes ago
- › PLEASE HELP!!!! 41 minutes ago
- › What breed is my cat? 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Is this cat a Maine Coon? 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › My cat and kittens 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › My kitten is missing 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Been to the vet a few times would like other insight please 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › My cat seems afraid of something? And it's affecting me? 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › K&H Thermo Heated Kitty Sill by betsygee
- › SmartyKat Loco! Motion Cat Toy Automated Activity Toy by Margd
- › KONG CA42 Eight Track Catnip Toy by Margd
- › Catit Design Senses Treat Maze by Margd
- › SmartyKat Hot Pursuit Cat Toy Concealed Motion Toy by Margd
- › Turbo Scratcher Cat Toy by Ginny
- › Fancy Feast Broths - Various Flavors by catluvr321
- › Life Essentials Freeze Dried Chicken Cat Treat Size: 5 Oz by MrsTY
- › Petlinks System Twinkle Chute Cat Tunnel by raysmyheart
- › PureBites Cat Treats by Jackson76
- › Mars
- › Stunning Close-Up Of A Cat's Eyes -...
- › Hello,here is Mr.White
- › Can cats have Down Syndrome?
- › Inspurrational Quote: Happiness never...
- › Quiz: If your cat had a job what would it be?
- › Adorable Balinese Kitten - Picture Of The...
- › 18 Hilarious Cat Photobombs (And One Dog...
- › How Old Do Kittens Have To Be To Leave Their...
- › Cupcake