I know how to disable pop-ups in my pc. I've done that, but I'm still having a problem.
1. I STUPIDLY tried to download a "free" Hell's Kitchen game from a sidebar ad. Yes, I know that's incredibly dumb. I've never done that before, and I know about viruses, etc.
2. I actually stopped the download mid-way through, as it was taking too long.
3. The company, arcadecandy.com has now gotten into my pc; every time I get into a store's website, let's say Macy's, the darned servads.com pop-up screen comes up. (It's part of arcadecandy.com). I can x-out of the pop-up, but's ANNOYING.
4. It happens, despite having set my pc to block ALL pop-ups. Norton says the site is safe, so it's not a virus(?).
5. I've blocked the sites, but I still get them popping up.
6. I can't find it saved as a program in my system anywhere, and Norton says it's not a virus.
7. I've also blocked the sites, to no avail. I personally think they change some tiny part of the address so it gets through.
Does anyone know how I can rid my pc of this pain-in-the-behind site? Would restoring my pc back to the factory leve help? I really don't want to to that, though. Thanks!