or Connect
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Pinterest anyone? Get an Invite here!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pinterest anyone? Get an Invite here!

post #1 of 48
Thread Starter 

I joined yesterday and I'm loving it! Was wondering if any of you are there? I am starting an account for TCS too, with boards for various cat topics too.

ETA -

The TCS Pinterest page is here -
Follow Me on Pinterest

TCS on Pinterest

http://pinterest.com/thecatsite/

Follow us for cat pins! clap.gif

Need a Pinterest Invite?

 

Either post here and let me know (I will then use the email address in your email), or PM me with a different email where you want me to send the invite to.

post #2 of 48

I joined a few weeks ago!  I've not done too much playing yet; but I'm liking it for ideas for the new baby's room.  All kinds of stuff on there!

post #3 of 48

I have been obsessed with pinterest for a while now! Especially for photography and baking ideas! Here's my account: http://pinterest.com/aimerlee/

post #4 of 48

I love Pintrest!! I got a big majority of my Christmas baking recipes and Christmas crafts from there! It's so awesome! If you're not on it, you should join!

post #5 of 48
Thread Starter 

I'm really enjoying this!

 

I started a TCS account here -

http://pinterest.com/thecatsite/

 

It has several cat-themed boards you can follow.

 

I also have a personal account here -

http://pinterest.com/imanne/

 

I'm going to focus on the TCS one, but hope I have time for my personal account as well.

post #6 of 48

OOooh looks very interesting,I have just requested an invite.x

post #7 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthyb View Post

OOooh looks very interesting,I have just requested an invite.x


I think it's perfect for anyone with an Esty shop - you can upload works of your work and even mark the price.

 

If you want a quick invite - PM me the email address you want (or let me know if you want me to use the one in your profile here). Actually, I'll add that to my first post in this thread, to let everyone know they're welcome to an invite :)

 

post #8 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne View Post


I think it's perfect for anyone with an Esty shop - you can upload works of your work and even mark the price.

 

If you want a quick invite - PM me the email address you want (or let me know if you want me to use the one in your profile here). Actually, I'll add that to my first post in this thread, to let everyone know they're welcome to an invite :)

 



I asked for an invite off the actual website but I got an email saying that I had to waitsigh.gif I can't wait I want to join nowlaughing02.gif can you please send me an invite?Use the email address I use on here please,thank you.x

post #9 of 48

I would love an invite, too, please? With the email on file here at TCS. Thanks! It looks like a great place to visit!

post #10 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthyb View Post
I asked for an invite off the actual website but I got an email saying that I had to waitsigh.gif I can't wait I want to join nowlaughing02.gif can you please send me an invite?Use the email address I use on here please,thank you.x

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester View Post

I would love an invite, too, please? With the email on file here at TCS. Thanks! It looks like a great place to visit!

 

Check your mail - invites have been sent!
 

 

post #11 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne View Post

 

 

Check your mail - invites have been sent!
 

 



Thankyou I have joined but finding it slow going to work it out lol.x

post #12 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthyb View Post



Thankyou I have joined but finding it slow going to work it out lol.x


It's really easy once you get the hang of it. I just pinned one of your etsy projects -

http://pinterest.com/pin/193373377719956501/

 

You can go there and "like" and then "repin" to your own Pinterest boards!

 

post #13 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne View Post


It's really easy once you get the hang of it. I just pinned one of your etsy projects -

http://pinterest.com/pin/193373377719956501/

 

You can go there and "like" and then "repin" to your own Pinterest boards!

 


Wow, thank you, o.k I think I am getting the hang of it but now I feel like I want to pin everythinglaughing02.gif x

 

post #14 of 48
Thread Starter 

Invites sent to those who PM'ed me!

 

I'll be away from the computer for a while tomorrow, so post here if you need invites and hopefully one of the members already on Pinterest will be able to help.

post #15 of 48
Could you send me an invite to the e-mail I have on file for TCS? I would really like to join smile.gif Thank you.
post #16 of 48

Can I get an invite too?? Thanks!

post #17 of 48

If anyone wants an invite when Anne is not around pm me your email address and I will send you one,I am slowly getting addicted lol.x

post #18 of 48

I would like an invite please to the email on file. 

post #19 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthyb View Post

If anyone wants an invite when Anne is not around pm me your email address and I will send you one,I am slowly getting addicted lol.x


Thanks for offering! I've been away for a short family reunion in the Dead Sea and just got back. Invites sent to the three of you who asked!

 

post #20 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne View Post


Thanks for offering! I've been away for a short family reunion in the Dead Sea and just got back. Invites sent to the three of you who asked!

 


Oh lovely,I hope you had a great time. My friend has joined pinterest but I can't find her,do you know how I do that?Thank you.x

 

post #21 of 48
Thank you so much!!
post #22 of 48
Why not?...think.gif....I sent the PM!...bigwink.gif
post #23 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCat View Post

Why not?...think.gif....I sent the PM!...bigwink.gif


Your invite was sent out first thing my morning time here!

 

Sorry RuthyB, not sure yet how to find people on Pinterest, but I think I saw something about it in the top drop-down menu? Haven't tried it myself yet.

 

post #24 of 48

I've heard a lot about Pinterest- I'd love to check it out, if someone would be so kind as to send me an invite!

 

Thank you!! biggrin.gif

post #25 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeishcat View Post

I've heard a lot about Pinterest- I'd love to check it out, if someone would be so kind as to send me an invite!

 

Thank you!! biggrin.gif


Done! Don't forget to follow TCS there :)

 

post #26 of 48

Got it and got you all followed... I hope! It's gonna take me some time to figure this out, haha! Thank you so much~

post #27 of 48

Anne, I'm kind of lost here. Can I upload pics from my computer on the TCS board? Can I move pins from one board to another (somehow the few recipes I found are in the "book" board)? Can I create more boards other than what is offered?

 

Stupid questions I know, but I'm basically "computer challenged". I have NO idea what I'm doing! laughing02.gif

 

Oh, just a suggestion, if you can create your own category for TCS board maybe make a RB category?

post #28 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by calico2222 View Post

Anne, I'm kind of lost here. Can I upload pics from my computer on the TCS board? Can I move pins from one board to another (somehow the few recipes I found are in the "book" board)? Can I create more boards other than what is offered?

 

Stupid questions I know, but I'm basically "computer challenged". I have NO idea what I'm doing! laughing02.gif

 

Oh, just a suggestion, if you can create your own category for TCS board maybe make a RB category?


Only you can pin pictures to your boards - and you can have several boards.

 

You basically have three ways of doing that -

1. Upload from your computer.

2. Use the Pinterest bookmarklet

3. Re-pin images that you see on the Pinterest site on other people's boards.

 

The Pinterest bookmarklet is like a bookmark you drag to your browser's bookmarks menu. You can get it by doing the following -

At the top right corner of your Pinterest page click where it says Add+

This should bring up this pop-up:

Capture.PNG

 

See where it says "Pin It" button? If you click on that link, hold it and drag it to your browser's top navigation menu, it should stay there.

 

From then on, whenever you see a nice image on the web, just click on that button. It will bring up a Pinterest window with all the major images on that page and ask you to select which one you want to pin.

 

It's really easy once you get the hang of it (though like with every interface, the first time can be daunting!)

 

Now, as far as I know, unless there's some special permission given, a board can only be managed by the board owner. So, unfortunately, I can't have TCS members pinning directly on the TCS boards (I wish I could!) An RB board is an interesting idea - let me think about it though. The thing is, once pinned, other users can repin those images and say whatever they want about them. I'm just not sure it's a good idea when we're dealing with grieving people?

 

 

post #29 of 48
Thread Starter 

BTW, they have a nice help page there -

http://pinterest.com/about/help/

post #30 of 48

I would love an invite, i have been waiting forever onj the waiting list. I love the site and cant wait to start pinning.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Pinterest anyone? Get an Invite here!