Recent Images In This Thread
- topicCat Breedstagged by System, 12/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Hypoallergenic Cat Breeds Last post on 4/22/14 at 7:13pm in Showing and Ethical Breeding
- could you please give me an idea as to what breed(s) my cat could be ? Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:47pm in Describing Cats - What Does My Cat Look Like?
- Introduction of the German Longhair Cat Last post on 1/5/14 at 1:40pm in Showing and Ethical Breeding
- What breed is my cat, please help! Last post on 12/31/13 at 7:28pm in Describing Cats - What Does My Cat Look Like?
- Bob tailed boy - breed or mutation? Last post on 12/13/13 at 3:23pm in Describing Cats - What Does My Cat Look Like?
Rescuing Purebred Cats: Interview with Kirsten Kranz
Last edited: 7/14/14
- Seven Rare Cat Breeds You May Not KnowLast edited: 7/12/14
- Creating New Cat BreedsLast edited: 7/7/14
- Siamese CatsLast edited: 12/10/13
- What Breed Is My Cat?Last edited: 7/28/13
Bottom line my cats can only eat Raw food or Honest Kitchen Prowl. Even the most expensive canned/dry kibble will give them runs. This is my go to product for a ultra high quality meal. The formula...
I feed this to my cat on occasion, such as it's the weekend, or something fun happened in our household, or just to treat her. This isn't her main source of wet food. However, when I do dish...
This is the 'blurb': Grain-Free & Biologically Appropriate™ Treats specifically for Adult Cats using quality ingredients sourced from local 'Aussie' farms. 65% Chicken and Duck meat, 35%...
I've been using WBCL for about three years. I like it, but I wouldn't rave about it. Yes, it is expensive and it leaves my laundry room covered in contaminated dust (watch the dust fly the next...
I have written several World's Best Reviews.....and really liked all the various WB types. Recently, one of my cats has gone thru a health problem, with diarrhea, etc., then was recently...
What Breed is My Cat? - Page 6
TheCatSite.com Top Pickspost #152 of 12188/30/12 at 11:43ampost #153 of 12188/30/12 at 2:22pmpost #154 of 12189/4/12 at 1:33pmpost #155 of 12189/4/12 at 1:38pmpost #156 of 12189/4/12 at 1:44pmpost #157 of 12189/5/12 at 5:28am
Luna, possibly somewhat a look alike a Norvegian Forest Cat. A skoogie, like we say in Sweden.
Welcome to our Forums!
Look alike, as he must be counted as domestic, unless you have papers (pedigree-certificate) or at very least good proofs of such an ancestry.
Good luck!post #158 of 12189/20/12 at 10:22pmpost #159 of 12189/22/12 at 10:19pmpost #160 of 12189/23/12 at 12:18am
Non-pedigree. Moggie. Domestic short-hair I think, but she might turn out to be a fluffy cat as she has a lot of ear furnishings.
Looks like she might be a tortie-tabby. Does she have a mix of pink & black pads on that left fore-foot?post #161 of 12189/23/12 at 2:44ampost #162 of 12189/23/12 at 12:27pmpost #163 of 12189/23/12 at 7:53pmpost #164 of 121810/10/12 at 7:36pm
im not sure what breed my cat is... can you please tell me. Here are some pics of her...
What i also realized, and I'm not sure if this is relevant to her type of breed, but the tip of her tail changed to the color gray when we moved to another country. i just thought that was really weird!
All i know is that she is a long haired cat and is very lovable!post #165 of 121810/10/12 at 8:14pmpost #166 of 121810/12/12 at 9:41am
Here's my baby. She's definitely a pound kitty, but does anyone think she might have some breed-specific traits? I've always thought she might have some Maine Coon in her, as she's a big cat (11 lbs and not fat) and has very fuzzy toes. She also gets very floppy when I pick her up, and she has a little tiny kitten voice, even though she's 12.post #167 of 121810/12/12 at 5:18pmpost #168 of 121810/15/12 at 7:26pmpost #169 of 121810/15/12 at 7:46pmpost #170 of 121810/18/12 at 3:58ampost #171 of 121810/18/12 at 6:38amHi there Dani
They are both domestic shorthairs, which is just a fancy way of saying no breed. Cats aren't like dogs, where there's generally a breed you can see that they are. More than 90% of cats are no breed.
As for coloring, I'm not a color expert, but I think the top kitten (Jesus) is called tabby and white, and the bottom kitten (Rio) is black and white bicolor.
I believe their pattern is called the Van pattern.post #172 of 121810/20/12 at 4:13am
This is my cat, Ava. I got her from a shelter a year and a half ago. She was the last of a litter of four and the mother. The shelter worker who suggested her to me said she was identical to the mother and three siblings, but no one was certain what breed she was. Most of the research I've done concludes that she is a Maine Coon, but of course I don't have papers so I can't prove it. She'll be 2 in April and already 12 lbs and pretty long when she stretches out to sleep on the floor. About two and a half to three feet long from nose to tail if I were to guess. She's really good around people and love perching on the recliner, generally sleeping across the top of it. Loves being outside and is usually a mama's girl. Lots of personality and a strong opinion that she tends to share with others.post #173 of 121810/20/12 at 5:59pmpost #174 of 121810/21/12 at 9:07ampost #175 of 121810/21/12 at 9:36am
MissusMadness, your cat has perhaps some look alike of Norvegian Forest cat, NFC. Although their noses are typically a little more triangular, but still, there is some "smell".
Good luck!post #176 of 121810/24/12 at 2:24am
His Name is Bixler, I love him and his stepbrother Odin a Tubby Tuxedo who thinks is a dog. And he is 6 yrs old and my family and me have never been able to pin point a specific breed of him mainly because his blue eyes and striped tail are from what we were told common in domestic cats also the pointy hairs on his little pointy hairs on the top of his ears are strange. we would just would like to know about his breed if any so we could find out if he would need any specific care for these two males are a big importance in our family especially because they are my two sons?
Odin-stepbrother (no relation) and Bixler oldestpost #177 of 121810/24/12 at 1:22pmHi there
Your boys are beautiful!
But they are no specific breed, just like 95% of the cats in the world. Their breed is called domestic shorthair, which is just a fancy way of saying mutt. Most of us here have DSHs!
I'm not sure what Bixler's coloring is called. I want to say lynx point, but I'll leave it to the breeders here to come along and tell you the right word.
Odin's coloring is officially called black and white bicolor, also known as tuxedo in the United States.post #178 of 121810/24/12 at 1:51pmpost #179 of 121810/24/12 at 9:20pm
This thread is locked
- What Breed is My Cat?
TheCatSite.com Top Picks
- Seven Rare Cat Breeds You May Not Know
- › Kyo comes home tomorrow 2 minutes ago
- › When to euthanize.... 6 minutes ago
- › Poop everywhere! 10 minutes ago
- › Just curious is all.... 13 minutes ago
- › URI in my 12 week old kitten!!! help!!! possible chlamydia or herpes!! 15 minutes ago
- › How long can you leave out wet food? 18 minutes ago
- › Cooked Recipes Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Fatty Liver and Finding the Underlying Cause 26 minutes ago
- › Pretty Sure She's A Torbie.... 42 minutes ago
- › Toxic House Plants 45 minutes ago
- › The Honest Kitchen Prowl Cat Food by catemthree
- › Fancy Feast Classic Gourmet Cat Food by thesighrye
- › Mighty Raw Chicken & Duck Treats by Mani
- › World's Best Cat Litter, Clumping/Multi Cat by PHarber-Murphy
- › World's Best Cat Litter Advanced Natural High Performance... by Therese
- › Whiskas Catmilk Drink for Cats & Kittens by thesighrye
- › Blackhole Cat Litter Mat - Super Size Rectangular 30" X... by jcat
- › Petoodles Cat Harness by Mani
- › Kitty Can’t Cope Sack by thesighrye
- › Petmate Two Door Top Load Pet Kennel by EmandJee
- › Baby Nel
- › Cat Picture of the Week #7
- › Litterbox Problems in Cats - The Ultimate Guide
- › Trooper the Handicapped Kitten
- › Meet King - by Ysabella
- › Idk how far along my cat is. Can anyone help?
- › Cat Picture of the Week #6
- › Your Cat’s Kidneys Called
- › Rescuing Purebred Cats: Interview with...
- › Site News and Our Cat Picture of the Week #5