Recent Images In This Thread
- topicCat Breedstagged by System, 12/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- could you please give me an idea as to what breed(s) my cat could be ? Last post on 1/13/14 at 5:47pm in Describing Cats - What Does My Cat Look Like?
- Introduction of the German Longhair Cat Last post on 1/5/14 at 1:40pm in Showing and Ethical Breeding
- What breed is my cat, please help! Last post on 12/31/13 at 7:28pm in Describing Cats - What Does My Cat Look Like?
- Bob tailed boy - breed or mutation? Last post on 12/13/13 at 3:23pm in Describing Cats - What Does My Cat Look Like?
- Can anyone advise these cats' breed? Last post on 10/14/13 at 9:33pm in Describing Cats - What Does My Cat Look Like?
Last edited: 12/10/13
- What Breed Is My Cat?Last edited: 7/28/13
- The Sphynx CatLast edited: 12/10/13
- Scottish Fold CatsLast edited: 12/10/13
- Ragdoll CatsLast edited: 2/8/12
I adopted Lucy in March of 2012 and when I brought her home, she vomited almost immediately after eating. I quickly switched her over to Nutro Natural Choice and she stopped completely! She is a...
I was suggested two years ago and bought several bottles trying to prevent one of my young cat to attack my elder one. We never feel it works for us.
I purchased one of these off Amazon.com for the new (8month old) kitten we'd brought home in October. I was really surprised at how easy it was to put together and how well it worked (and still...
I have two cats with IBD and one with kidney disease. Two are underweight and I'm always looking for supplements to help their digestion. One IBD kitty also has FHV, pretty well controlled with...
This collar was recommended to me to help my cat deal with anxiety and agitation, I think mostly related to his going deaf. He was yowling day and night. I ordered an extra small, single wide...
What Breed is My Cat? - Page 6
TheCatSite.com Top Pickspost #152 of 12188/30/12 at 11:43ampost #153 of 12188/30/12 at 2:22pmpost #154 of 12189/4/12 at 1:33pmpost #155 of 12189/4/12 at 1:38pmpost #156 of 12189/4/12 at 1:44pmpost #157 of 12189/5/12 at 5:28am
Luna, possibly somewhat a look alike a Norvegian Forest Cat. A skoogie, like we say in Sweden.
Welcome to our Forums!
Look alike, as he must be counted as domestic, unless you have papers (pedigree-certificate) or at very least good proofs of such an ancestry.
Good luck!post #158 of 12189/20/12 at 10:22pmpost #159 of 12189/22/12 at 10:19pmpost #160 of 12189/23/12 at 12:18am
Non-pedigree. Moggie. Domestic short-hair I think, but she might turn out to be a fluffy cat as she has a lot of ear furnishings.
Looks like she might be a tortie-tabby. Does she have a mix of pink & black pads on that left fore-foot?post #161 of 12189/23/12 at 2:44ampost #162 of 12189/23/12 at 12:27pmpost #163 of 12189/23/12 at 7:53pmpost #164 of 121810/10/12 at 7:36pm
im not sure what breed my cat is... can you please tell me. Here are some pics of her...
What i also realized, and I'm not sure if this is relevant to her type of breed, but the tip of her tail changed to the color gray when we moved to another country. i just thought that was really weird!
All i know is that she is a long haired cat and is very lovable!post #165 of 121810/10/12 at 8:14pmpost #166 of 121810/12/12 at 9:41am
Here's my baby. She's definitely a pound kitty, but does anyone think she might have some breed-specific traits? I've always thought she might have some Maine Coon in her, as she's a big cat (11 lbs and not fat) and has very fuzzy toes. She also gets very floppy when I pick her up, and she has a little tiny kitten voice, even though she's 12.post #167 of 121810/12/12 at 5:18pmpost #168 of 121810/15/12 at 7:26pmpost #169 of 121810/15/12 at 7:46pmpost #170 of 121810/18/12 at 3:58ampost #171 of 121810/18/12 at 6:38amHi there Dani
They are both domestic shorthairs, which is just a fancy way of saying no breed. Cats aren't like dogs, where there's generally a breed you can see that they are. More than 90% of cats are no breed.
As for coloring, I'm not a color expert, but I think the top kitten (Jesus) is called tabby and white, and the bottom kitten (Rio) is black and white bicolor.
I believe their pattern is called the Van pattern.post #172 of 121810/20/12 at 4:13am
This is my cat, Ava. I got her from a shelter a year and a half ago. She was the last of a litter of four and the mother. The shelter worker who suggested her to me said she was identical to the mother and three siblings, but no one was certain what breed she was. Most of the research I've done concludes that she is a Maine Coon, but of course I don't have papers so I can't prove it. She'll be 2 in April and already 12 lbs and pretty long when she stretches out to sleep on the floor. About two and a half to three feet long from nose to tail if I were to guess. She's really good around people and love perching on the recliner, generally sleeping across the top of it. Loves being outside and is usually a mama's girl. Lots of personality and a strong opinion that she tends to share with others.post #173 of 121810/20/12 at 5:59pmpost #174 of 121810/21/12 at 9:07ampost #175 of 121810/21/12 at 9:36am
MissusMadness, your cat has perhaps some look alike of Norvegian Forest cat, NFC. Although their noses are typically a little more triangular, but still, there is some "smell".
Good luck!post #176 of 121810/24/12 at 2:24am
His Name is Bixler, I love him and his stepbrother Odin a Tubby Tuxedo who thinks is a dog. And he is 6 yrs old and my family and me have never been able to pin point a specific breed of him mainly because his blue eyes and striped tail are from what we were told common in domestic cats also the pointy hairs on his little pointy hairs on the top of his ears are strange. we would just would like to know about his breed if any so we could find out if he would need any specific care for these two males are a big importance in our family especially because they are my two sons?
Odin-stepbrother (no relation) and Bixler oldestpost #177 of 121810/24/12 at 1:22pmHi there
Your boys are beautiful!
But they are no specific breed, just like 95% of the cats in the world. Their breed is called domestic shorthair, which is just a fancy way of saying mutt. Most of us here have DSHs!
I'm not sure what Bixler's coloring is called. I want to say lynx point, but I'll leave it to the breeders here to come along and tell you the right word.
Odin's coloring is officially called black and white bicolor, also known as tuxedo in the United States.post #178 of 121810/24/12 at 1:51pmpost #179 of 121810/24/12 at 9:20pm
This thread is locked
- What Breed is My Cat?
TheCatSite.com Top Picks
- What Breed Is My Cat?
- › Domi is in my Heart Furever 59 seconds ago
- › First time cat Mom 3 minutes ago
- › Newborn kittens don't gain weight the first 24 hours? 6 minutes ago
- › Want to play?!! Word Association Game !! 9 minutes ago
- › In Desperation 15 minutes ago
- › Survey about social media 24 minutes ago
- › any ideas for fussy cat? 24 minutes ago
- › Meow Trivia 2014 26 minutes ago
- › Pancake and Waffles 28 minutes ago
- › Feline leukemia positive cat vet says put to sleep 28 minutes ago
- › Nutro Natural Choice Chicken & Whole Brown Rice Indoor Adult... by VanHow10
- › Feliway Plug-In Diffuser with Refill by beiyan
- › Catit Design Senses Play Circuit by 3catgurl
- › Trophy Prozyme Plus Powder Pet Supplement by betsygee
- › Calm Me Down Calming Collars by betsygee
- › C.E.T. Toothpaste by catbehaviors
- › Paws and Claws® Scoopable Kitty Litter by xcourtney3
- › Cat Tunnel Ultimate Bonus Toy Pack - Collapsible 3 Way Tunnel,... by MissSweetKitty
- › Whiskas Temptations Treats for Cats by kittenpuffs
- › Whisker Lickin's Tender Moments by MissSweetKitty
- › Kittycats oh Kittycats by Beyza Gunn
- › Giardia and Giardiasis in Cats by Anne
- › Genetic Testing for Your Cat - Interview with... by Anne
- › My Catheosis by jcat
- › Cat Beast and Me by RufioCat
- › Coral the Calico by edenandcoral723
- › Four Common Worms in Cats by Anne
- › Cat Genetics Interview with Professor Leslie... by Anne
- › Kitten Season in the UK by Anne
- › Homemade Flea Remedies by Anne