Recent Images In This Thread
- topicCat Breedstagged by System, 12/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- How many different breeds do we have here? Last post on 11/23/12 at 3:00pm in Showing and Ethical Breeding
- Minimum weight for spaying and petite breed? Last post on 7/28/12 at 11:02pm in Cat Health
- What is your favorite breed? Last post on 7/24/12 at 10:38am in Showing and Ethical Breeding
- Which Breed is for me? Last post on 3/23/12 at 7:03pm in Showing and Ethical Breeding
Last edited: 9/30/12
- What Breed Is My Cat?Last edited: 7/28/13
- The Sphynx CatLast edited: 2/8/12
- Scottish Fold CatsLast edited: 2/8/12
- Ragdoll CatsLast edited: 2/8/12
My kitten loves these treats. Their made with real raw meat that cats crave. Great as a treat or a food topper. I gave some to my friend to use as a food topper for her kibble addicts transition to...
My kitten loves theses treats! I always stock up when their on sale. I suggest buying these from the dog aisle since they are the exact same product with one ingredient (meat) the only difference...
Like Stella and Chewy's this is a freeze dried product that you re-hydrate. The blocks are about an inch long and 1/2 inch thick. You break them up in a bowl and re-hydrate with a little water. I...
My rescue cat is the only one who will eat the raw food. No one else is interested. That said, he loves this one best. Because he is recovered from a fractured pelvis, and he refuses to drink...
Ziggy adores this food! I love the way it smells, it smells like real food, almost good enough to eat! It looks like a home cooked stew with chunks of meat in it. Ziggy gobbles this right up every...
What Breed is My Cat? - Page 6
TheCatSite.com Top Pickspost #152 of 12188/30/12 at 11:43ampost #153 of 12188/30/12 at 2:22pmpost #154 of 12189/4/12 at 1:33pmpost #155 of 12189/4/12 at 1:38pmpost #156 of 12189/4/12 at 1:44pmpost #157 of 12189/5/12 at 5:28am
Luna, possibly somewhat a look alike a Norvegian Forest Cat. A skoogie, like we say in Sweden.
Welcome to our Forums!
Look alike, as he must be counted as domestic, unless you have papers (pedigree-certificate) or at very least good proofs of such an ancestry.
Good luck!post #158 of 12189/20/12 at 10:22pmpost #159 of 12189/22/12 at 10:19pmpost #160 of 12189/23/12 at 12:18am
Non-pedigree. Moggie. Domestic short-hair I think, but she might turn out to be a fluffy cat as she has a lot of ear furnishings.
Looks like she might be a tortie-tabby. Does she have a mix of pink & black pads on that left fore-foot?post #161 of 12189/23/12 at 2:44ampost #162 of 12189/23/12 at 12:27pmpost #163 of 12189/23/12 at 7:53pmpost #164 of 121810/10/12 at 7:36pm
im not sure what breed my cat is... can you please tell me. Here are some pics of her...
What i also realized, and I'm not sure if this is relevant to her type of breed, but the tip of her tail changed to the color gray when we moved to another country. i just thought that was really weird!
All i know is that she is a long haired cat and is very lovable!post #165 of 121810/10/12 at 8:14pmpost #166 of 121810/12/12 at 9:41am
Here's my baby. She's definitely a pound kitty, but does anyone think she might have some breed-specific traits? I've always thought she might have some Maine Coon in her, as she's a big cat (11 lbs and not fat) and has very fuzzy toes. She also gets very floppy when I pick her up, and she has a little tiny kitten voice, even though she's 12.post #167 of 121810/12/12 at 5:18pmpost #168 of 121810/15/12 at 7:26pmpost #169 of 121810/15/12 at 7:46pmpost #170 of 121810/18/12 at 3:58ampost #171 of 121810/18/12 at 6:38amHi there Dani
They are both domestic shorthairs, which is just a fancy way of saying no breed. Cats aren't like dogs, where there's generally a breed you can see that they are. More than 90% of cats are no breed.
As for coloring, I'm not a color expert, but I think the top kitten (Jesus) is called tabby and white, and the bottom kitten (Rio) is black and white bicolor.
I believe their pattern is called the Van pattern.post #172 of 121810/20/12 at 4:13am
This is my cat, Ava. I got her from a shelter a year and a half ago. She was the last of a litter of four and the mother. The shelter worker who suggested her to me said she was identical to the mother and three siblings, but no one was certain what breed she was. Most of the research I've done concludes that she is a Maine Coon, but of course I don't have papers so I can't prove it. She'll be 2 in April and already 12 lbs and pretty long when she stretches out to sleep on the floor. About two and a half to three feet long from nose to tail if I were to guess. She's really good around people and love perching on the recliner, generally sleeping across the top of it. Loves being outside and is usually a mama's girl. Lots of personality and a strong opinion that she tends to share with others.post #173 of 121810/20/12 at 5:59pmpost #174 of 121810/21/12 at 9:07ampost #175 of 121810/21/12 at 9:36am
MissusMadness, your cat has perhaps some look alike of Norvegian Forest cat, NFC. Although their noses are typically a little more triangular, but still, there is some "smell".
Good luck!post #176 of 121810/24/12 at 2:24am
His Name is Bixler, I love him and his stepbrother Odin a Tubby Tuxedo who thinks is a dog. And he is 6 yrs old and my family and me have never been able to pin point a specific breed of him mainly because his blue eyes and striped tail are from what we were told common in domestic cats also the pointy hairs on his little pointy hairs on the top of his ears are strange. we would just would like to know about his breed if any so we could find out if he would need any specific care for these two males are a big importance in our family especially because they are my two sons?
Odin-stepbrother (no relation) and Bixler oldestpost #177 of 121810/24/12 at 1:22pmHi there
Your boys are beautiful!
But they are no specific breed, just like 95% of the cats in the world. Their breed is called domestic shorthair, which is just a fancy way of saying mutt. Most of us here have DSHs!
I'm not sure what Bixler's coloring is called. I want to say lynx point, but I'll leave it to the breeders here to come along and tell you the right word.
Odin's coloring is officially called black and white bicolor, also known as tuxedo in the United States.post #178 of 121810/24/12 at 1:51pmpost #179 of 121810/24/12 at 9:20pm
This thread is locked
- What Breed is My Cat?
TheCatSite.com Top Picks
- What Breed Is My Cat?
- › What Could be Wrong With my Meezer? :( 54 seconds ago
- › Name three things 1 minute ago
- › If you feed commercial raw... 1 minute ago
- › New cat lost. 3 minutes ago
- › Nervous About Adopting Second Cat 4 minutes ago
- › Desperate need of help. Female cat with FLUTD. 6 minutes ago
- › Muffin is Gone 8 minutes ago
- › My vet's negligence resulted in a hernia after her spay! 8 minutes ago
- › My Old kitties issues, chronic pancreatitis? 9 minutes ago
- › sad news 11 minutes ago
- › Nature's Variety Raw Boost Mini Bites for Cats, Instinct Duck by GraveKandi
- › PureBites Cat Treats by GraveKandi
- › Primal Pet Foods Freeze-Dried Feline Turkey Formula by lauraG
- › Stella & Chewy's 860106 Freeze Dried Duck Duck Goose Food... by lauraG
- › Soulistic Grain-Free Adult Cat Food Pouches by GraveKandi
- › Stella & Chewy's Tummy Ticklin' Turkey Freeze Dried... by Ritz
- › Fancy Feast Appetizers for Cats by GraveKandi
- › Nature's Variety Instinct Grain-Free Raw Boost Bites Chicken... by GraveKandi
- › The Honest Kitchen Pro Bloom Goat's Milk for Dogs & Cats by GraveKandi
- › The Honest Kitchen Perfect Form Herbal Supplement by GraveKandi
- › Our blind from birth cat Jenny, and Simon... by stephenq
- › Must-Know Tips for Feeding Cats in a... by Anne
- › Her Royal Majesty, Princess Cami by MsCalico
- › Tigger AKA Tiggles by cprcheetah
- › Mercedes by cprcheetah
- › Munchie Bunchie by cprcheetah
- › Mini Dee by cprcheetah
- › Bad Cats by BratCat99
- › DeeJay by cprcheetah
- › How Much Does It Cost to Breed Cats by Anne