Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is my cat, please help! Last post on 12/31/13 at 7:28pm in Describing Cats - What Does My Cat Look Like?
- What does my cat look like? Last post on 1/15/15 at 5:52am in Describing Cats - What Does My Cat Look Like?
- Help me choose a cat? A devon? Last post on 1/18/15 at 1:41pm in Behavior
- Need help deciding between devon rex and american shortail? Last post on 1/15/15 at 11:55am in Care & Grooming
- what breed could my cat resemble? Last post on 1/12/15 at 12:38pm in Describing Cats - What Does My Cat Look Like?
What Breed Is My Cat?
Last edited: 8/21/14
- Rescuing Purebred Cats: Interview with Kirsten KranzLast edited: 7/14/14
- Seven Rare Cat Breeds You May Not KnowLast edited: 7/12/14
- Creating New Cat BreedsLast edited: 7/7/14
- Siamese CatsLast edited: 12/10/13
After re-hydrated this food looks really good .. My cats would not even touch it though ..
I have seven cats, so I have gone through a lot of messes with vomit, potty training kitties, hairballs -- the usual. I have tried a bunch of "stain removers" and have had no luck. I went to...
To be fair this is the only clumping litter I have used because I haven't had cats for very long. I chose this litter based on good reviews elsewhere, and information on picking litters from books...
Yes, I buy them. No, I haven't read the ingredients list because I'd get heartburn. If given more than one, the Rogue will get diarrhea. However, they are the perfect bribe for Rascal to come home...
I've been a satisfied Zooplus customer for well over a decade and can only recall one instance when I had to lodge a complaint (about dented cat food cans). The company immediately apologized and...
What Breed is My Cat? - Page 6
TheCatSite.com Top Pickspost #152 of 12188/30/12 at 11:43ampost #153 of 12188/30/12 at 2:22pmpost #154 of 12189/4/12 at 1:33pmpost #155 of 12189/4/12 at 1:38pmpost #156 of 12189/4/12 at 1:44pmpost #157 of 12189/5/12 at 5:28am
Luna, possibly somewhat a look alike a Norvegian Forest Cat. A skoogie, like we say in Sweden.
Welcome to our Forums!
Look alike, as he must be counted as domestic, unless you have papers (pedigree-certificate) or at very least good proofs of such an ancestry.
Good luck!post #158 of 12189/20/12 at 10:22pmpost #159 of 12189/22/12 at 10:19pmpost #160 of 12189/23/12 at 12:18am
Non-pedigree. Moggie. Domestic short-hair I think, but she might turn out to be a fluffy cat as she has a lot of ear furnishings.
Looks like she might be a tortie-tabby. Does she have a mix of pink & black pads on that left fore-foot?post #161 of 12189/23/12 at 2:44ampost #162 of 12189/23/12 at 12:27pmpost #163 of 12189/23/12 at 7:53pmpost #164 of 121810/10/12 at 7:36pm
im not sure what breed my cat is... can you please tell me. Here are some pics of her...
What i also realized, and I'm not sure if this is relevant to her type of breed, but the tip of her tail changed to the color gray when we moved to another country. i just thought that was really weird!
All i know is that she is a long haired cat and is very lovable!post #165 of 121810/10/12 at 8:14pmpost #166 of 121810/12/12 at 9:41am
Here's my baby. She's definitely a pound kitty, but does anyone think she might have some breed-specific traits? I've always thought she might have some Maine Coon in her, as she's a big cat (11 lbs and not fat) and has very fuzzy toes. She also gets very floppy when I pick her up, and she has a little tiny kitten voice, even though she's 12.post #167 of 121810/12/12 at 5:18pmpost #168 of 121810/15/12 at 7:26pmpost #169 of 121810/15/12 at 7:46pmpost #170 of 121810/18/12 at 3:58ampost #171 of 121810/18/12 at 6:38amHi there Dani
They are both domestic shorthairs, which is just a fancy way of saying no breed. Cats aren't like dogs, where there's generally a breed you can see that they are. More than 90% of cats are no breed.
As for coloring, I'm not a color expert, but I think the top kitten (Jesus) is called tabby and white, and the bottom kitten (Rio) is black and white bicolor.
I believe their pattern is called the Van pattern.post #172 of 121810/20/12 at 4:13am
This is my cat, Ava. I got her from a shelter a year and a half ago. She was the last of a litter of four and the mother. The shelter worker who suggested her to me said she was identical to the mother and three siblings, but no one was certain what breed she was. Most of the research I've done concludes that she is a Maine Coon, but of course I don't have papers so I can't prove it. She'll be 2 in April and already 12 lbs and pretty long when she stretches out to sleep on the floor. About two and a half to three feet long from nose to tail if I were to guess. She's really good around people and love perching on the recliner, generally sleeping across the top of it. Loves being outside and is usually a mama's girl. Lots of personality and a strong opinion that she tends to share with others.post #173 of 121810/20/12 at 5:59pmpost #174 of 121810/21/12 at 9:07ampost #175 of 121810/21/12 at 9:36am
MissusMadness, your cat has perhaps some look alike of Norvegian Forest cat, NFC. Although their noses are typically a little more triangular, but still, there is some "smell".
Good luck!post #176 of 121810/24/12 at 2:24am
His Name is Bixler, I love him and his stepbrother Odin a Tubby Tuxedo who thinks is a dog. And he is 6 yrs old and my family and me have never been able to pin point a specific breed of him mainly because his blue eyes and striped tail are from what we were told common in domestic cats also the pointy hairs on his little pointy hairs on the top of his ears are strange. we would just would like to know about his breed if any so we could find out if he would need any specific care for these two males are a big importance in our family especially because they are my two sons?
Odin-stepbrother (no relation) and Bixler oldestpost #177 of 121810/24/12 at 1:22pmHi there
Your boys are beautiful!
But they are no specific breed, just like 95% of the cats in the world. Their breed is called domestic shorthair, which is just a fancy way of saying mutt. Most of us here have DSHs!
I'm not sure what Bixler's coloring is called. I want to say lynx point, but I'll leave it to the breeders here to come along and tell you the right word.
Odin's coloring is officially called black and white bicolor, also known as tuxedo in the United States.post #178 of 121810/24/12 at 1:51pmpost #179 of 121810/24/12 at 9:20pm
This thread is locked
- What Breed is My Cat?
TheCatSite.com Top Picks
- Rescuing Purebred Cats: Interview with Kirsten Kranz
- › What's for dinner? - 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Allergic reaction to buprenex. 6 minutes ago
- › Name three things - 2015 6 minutes ago
- › Getting a 8 week old kitten to eat hard food 9 minutes ago
- › Fear of driving? 12 minutes ago
- › What's the temp where YOU live today? 20 minutes ago
- › Question Of The Day. Saturday The 31st of January 24 minutes ago
- › I am a lot like them... 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Is Friskies a good cat wet food brand? 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Contacting companies for free samples 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Sojos Complete Turkey Cat Food Mix by 2Cats4Me
- › Nature's Miracle Stain and Odor Remover by gypssi66cat
- › Precious Cat Ultra Premium Clumping Cat Litter by molanic
- › Feline Greenies Dental Chews by roguethecat
- › ZooPlus.com by jcat
- › Fancy Feast Broths - Various Flavors by rlavach
- › Chewy.com by rlavach
- › Purina Friskies Party Mix Original Crunch by gypssi66cat
- › Amazon.com Pet Supplies by Kat0121
- › Dyson DC41 Animal Bagless Vacuum Cleaner by FhiCat
- › Playing with Your Cat: Ten Things Every Cat...
- › Cat Picture of the Week #1504 -Group Portrait
- › Hwo Princess turned me turn me into a cat...
- › New Quiz! How Well Do You Know the Litterbox?
- › Cat Picture of the Week #1503 - The Beautiful...
- › Tiger and Whiskers
- › How Angel Adopted Me. (Our story). :)
- › Help! My Cat Is Lost!
- › Cat Picture of the Week #1502!
- › Vladimir (hairless sphynx cat)