Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is my cat, please help! Last post on 12/31/13 at 7:28pm in Describing Cats - What Does My Cat Look Like?
- What breed is my baby Last post on 5/3/15 at 7:10am in Describing Cats - What Does My Cat Look Like?
- Anyone know what kind of cat my baby is? Last post on 4/20/15 at 3:59am in Describing Cats - What Does My Cat Look Like?
- What is my cat breed? Last post on 4/18/15 at 6:08pm in Describing Cats - What Does My Cat Look Like?
- Anyone help with what this kitten actually is? Last post on 4/18/15 at 6:56pm in Describing Cats - What Does My Cat Look Like?
What Breed Is My Cat?
Last edited: 5/23/15
- Rescuing Purebred Cats: Interview with Kirsten KranzLast edited: 7/14/14
- Seven Rare Cat Breeds You May Not KnowLast edited: 5/23/15
- Creating New Cat BreedsLast edited: 5/23/15
- Siamese CatsLast edited: 5/23/15
My cat does very well on all of the Fancy Feast classic flavors. I serve her a different flavor everyday, so that she is getting different nutrients everyday. She loves all of the flavors....
I always purchase discount gift cards for my online purchases from sites like Card Cash where I make sure those cards are accepted online. If you have any questions in regards to your reward...
I wish I'd stumbled on this site before I bought 2 kittens from Karen in May 2015. I purchased 2 girls from Karen and encountered pretty much the same problems as the other reviewers. I did have a...
I love this letterbox! I have a 13 lb cat that is a vigorous digger; and it works very well for us! I really like the bins at the end for storage of baggies and litter scoop, and dustpan and hand...
I emailed Cindy and we exchanged information a few times. She seemed to want to know about our family to ensure a good placement and there were no red flags initially. However after I sent a...
What Breed is My Cat? - Page 6
TheCatSite.com Top Pickspost #152 of 12188/30/12 at 11:43ampost #153 of 12188/30/12 at 2:22pmpost #154 of 12189/4/12 at 1:33pmpost #155 of 12189/4/12 at 1:38pmpost #156 of 12189/4/12 at 1:44pmpost #157 of 12189/5/12 at 5:28am
Luna, possibly somewhat a look alike a Norvegian Forest Cat. A skoogie, like we say in Sweden.
Welcome to our Forums!
Look alike, as he must be counted as domestic, unless you have papers (pedigree-certificate) or at very least good proofs of such an ancestry.
Good luck!post #158 of 12189/20/12 at 10:22pmpost #159 of 12189/22/12 at 10:19pmpost #160 of 12189/23/12 at 12:18am
Non-pedigree. Moggie. Domestic short-hair I think, but she might turn out to be a fluffy cat as she has a lot of ear furnishings.
Looks like she might be a tortie-tabby. Does she have a mix of pink & black pads on that left fore-foot?post #161 of 12189/23/12 at 2:44ampost #162 of 12189/23/12 at 12:27pmpost #163 of 12189/23/12 at 7:53pmpost #164 of 121810/10/12 at 7:36pm
im not sure what breed my cat is... can you please tell me. Here are some pics of her...
What i also realized, and I'm not sure if this is relevant to her type of breed, but the tip of her tail changed to the color gray when we moved to another country. i just thought that was really weird!
All i know is that she is a long haired cat and is very lovable!post #165 of 121810/10/12 at 8:14pmpost #166 of 121810/12/12 at 9:41am
Here's my baby. She's definitely a pound kitty, but does anyone think she might have some breed-specific traits? I've always thought she might have some Maine Coon in her, as she's a big cat (11 lbs and not fat) and has very fuzzy toes. She also gets very floppy when I pick her up, and she has a little tiny kitten voice, even though she's 12.post #167 of 121810/12/12 at 5:18pmpost #168 of 121810/15/12 at 7:26pmpost #169 of 121810/15/12 at 7:46pmpost #170 of 121810/18/12 at 3:58ampost #171 of 121810/18/12 at 6:38amHi there Dani
They are both domestic shorthairs, which is just a fancy way of saying no breed. Cats aren't like dogs, where there's generally a breed you can see that they are. More than 90% of cats are no breed.
As for coloring, I'm not a color expert, but I think the top kitten (Jesus) is called tabby and white, and the bottom kitten (Rio) is black and white bicolor.
I believe their pattern is called the Van pattern.post #172 of 121810/20/12 at 4:13am
This is my cat, Ava. I got her from a shelter a year and a half ago. She was the last of a litter of four and the mother. The shelter worker who suggested her to me said she was identical to the mother and three siblings, but no one was certain what breed she was. Most of the research I've done concludes that she is a Maine Coon, but of course I don't have papers so I can't prove it. She'll be 2 in April and already 12 lbs and pretty long when she stretches out to sleep on the floor. About two and a half to three feet long from nose to tail if I were to guess. She's really good around people and love perching on the recliner, generally sleeping across the top of it. Loves being outside and is usually a mama's girl. Lots of personality and a strong opinion that she tends to share with others.post #173 of 121810/20/12 at 5:59pmpost #174 of 121810/21/12 at 9:07ampost #175 of 121810/21/12 at 9:36am
MissusMadness, your cat has perhaps some look alike of Norvegian Forest cat, NFC. Although their noses are typically a little more triangular, but still, there is some "smell".
Good luck!post #176 of 121810/24/12 at 2:24am
His Name is Bixler, I love him and his stepbrother Odin a Tubby Tuxedo who thinks is a dog. And he is 6 yrs old and my family and me have never been able to pin point a specific breed of him mainly because his blue eyes and striped tail are from what we were told common in domestic cats also the pointy hairs on his little pointy hairs on the top of his ears are strange. we would just would like to know about his breed if any so we could find out if he would need any specific care for these two males are a big importance in our family especially because they are my two sons?
Odin-stepbrother (no relation) and Bixler oldestpost #177 of 121810/24/12 at 1:22pmHi there
Your boys are beautiful!
But they are no specific breed, just like 95% of the cats in the world. Their breed is called domestic shorthair, which is just a fancy way of saying mutt. Most of us here have DSHs!
I'm not sure what Bixler's coloring is called. I want to say lynx point, but I'll leave it to the breeders here to come along and tell you the right word.
Odin's coloring is officially called black and white bicolor, also known as tuxedo in the United States.post #178 of 121810/24/12 at 1:51pmpost #179 of 121810/24/12 at 9:20pm
This thread is locked
- What Breed is My Cat?
TheCatSite.com Top Picks
- Rescuing Purebred Cats: Interview with Kirsten Kranz
- › Four day old kitten with diarrhea HELP 1 minute ago
- › Adopted cat with FHV but have two seemingly healthy cats 1 minute ago
- › No signs of labour/overdue? 2 minutes ago
- › Recovering kitten - Curious for answers 2 minutes ago
- › I thought she's have them by now!! 2 minutes ago
- › how do I decided worm my cat? 17 minutes ago
- › Can I feed my cat the dog Instinct Raw? 20 minutes ago
- › My cat literally slashed my mother - Please Help :( 23 minutes ago
- › Hi I'm new! 30 minutes ago
- › What Is Your Favorite...? The Game 31 minutes ago
- › Fancy Feast Classic Gourmet Cat Food by raysmyheart
- › Petco.com by AbbynHenry
- › Pleasant Pond Bengals - Ridge, NY by ttck815
- › Petmate Giant Litter Pan by Walkingrock
- › Two Comrades - Culpeper, Virginia & Southern California by jmb16
- › FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats by sabycat
- › Newman's Own Organics Canned Cat Food by betsygee
- › Cat's Best Öko Plus by Morganalefae
- › Smilla Kitten Wet Food by Morganalefae
- › ZooPlus.com by Morganalefae