Remy and Romë

aevitas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Someone asked for pics of my girls together in my intro thread so here's one bad one and some pics of the 2 by themselves

Remedy "Remy" Adair

My girlfriend is a photographer and one of her associates needed an animal for her Christmas pets photography day posters. Remy's cute so she got the job XD

Romë Adelle

With her Best Friend Erius Nico

And my girls together

Told you it was a bad pic XD They LOVE to move on me, and Romë was quite shocked a cat wanted to lay with her so she had to make sure she wasn't imagining things :p

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aevitas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you
I love them an awful lot XD You should see how dedicated Romë is to the care of "her" kitten. She insists on bathing her, which Remy puts up with, nudges her back onto the couch when Remy gets too hyper and finds herself clinging to the edge, and plays/sleeps next to the kennel Remy sleeps/plays in(She's so small and Romë's so big we found it's the perfect way for them to interact without Remy being injured
). She even comes running to make sure "her" kitten is ok EVERY time Remy makes the littlest noise!

aevitas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks ya'll XD Here are some better pics of my girls together

Remy is spending less and less time in her kennel and more and more time on the floor or sleeping on the couch with Romë, Ro has learned to be SOOOO gentle with her, and even taught her how to eat hard food(thankfully, because I was going nuts trying to figure out how to get the stubborn little brat to switch over from her mush :p LOL). The only time Remy is in her kennel anymore is while we're sleeping XD

We're taking in a rescue dog next week, we're hoping she'll be ok with Remy, she's used to having a dog playmate, but never a cat. If she's ok with Remy we plan to keep her, if not we're going to keep her away from Remy and foster her just until we can find her a good cat free home. The dogs current owner is struggling to care for her while also caring for her sick husband(he has cancer) and she's worried she'll have to take her to a shelter if we can't take her

thembcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Once again adorable.

My parents' youngest cat was about Remy's age when my dad and sister found him under a wooden palette behind my dad's work. They have a 93lb german shepherd-lab mix that we tend to call "The Sheriff" because he's always breaking up cat fights. Well Diesel, the dog, has a very strong maturnal streak even though he's a boy and took the raising of Ghibli upon himself. The two became inseparable (until an incident when Ghibli bit Diesel's ear while playing and Diesel took it personally. My sister caught the moment on video > ) A kind of disgusting (to us) habit Diesel had was to lick Ghibli's butt and he's get down right pushy to do so. He still does it with any stray cats that they may momentarily bring in the house, which isn't something the strays are too keen about. lol

aevitas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by TheMBCat

Once again adorable.

My parents' youngest cat was about Remy's age when my dad and sister found him under a wooden palette behind my dad's work. They have a 93lb german shepherd-lab mix that we tend to call "The Sheriff" because he's always breaking up cat fights. Well Diesel, the dog, has a very strong maturnal streak even though he's a boy and took the raising of Ghibli upon himself. The two became inseparable (until an incident when Ghibli bit Diesel's ear while playing and Diesel took it personally. My sister caught the moment on video > ) A kind of disgusting (to us) habit Diesel had was to lick Ghibli's butt and he's get down right pushy to do so. He still does it with any stray cats that they may momentarily bring in the house, which isn't something the strays are too keen about. lol
LOL Romë's maternal streak came on strong with Remy, and she also gets quite pushy about licking Remy's butt. We keep telling her to stop and pointing out that Remy can already potty on her own, but it's no good she just keeps trying :p

thembcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Aevitas

LOL Romë's maternal streak came on strong with Remy, and she also gets quite pushy about licking Remy's butt. We keep telling her to stop and pointing out that Remy can already potty on her own, but it's no good she just keeps trying :p
Lol lets hope Rome's habit disappears once Remy gets a little older. I know Diesel occasionally still does it. Usually its if Ghibli has been outside longer than usually, but I think that's more of a "where in the world have you been?!" gesture.