lethargic after advantage application.

cyndersmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
does anybody elses cat get lethargic after they have their monthly dosage OF ADVANTAGE applied..cynder just got his dosage and I always find it kicks the crap outta him

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cyndersmom

does anybody elses cat get lethargic after they have their monthly dosage OF ADVANTAGE applied..cynder just got his dosage and I always find it kicks the crap outta him
I would NOT worry about it. As long as he still drinks, eats some, urinates and defecates, all should be fine. Plus he should be back to his regular self in forty eight hours or less, right? Then I sure would not worry.

But if it goes on for seventy two hours then I might be concerned. I would speak to a veterinarian. But that is just my two cents.

I use Frontline Plus, but I have seen some cats (shelters/veterinarian offices) get lethargic from any flea medication for about twenty four hours.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many of mine get knocked out for the day too. I had one cat react pretty bad first time he got his advantage he was ALOT more tired then the others had ever been. Talked to vet and gave him a dose months later(he was still a kitten for first dose) and never had issue again, tho he also was loaded with fleas first dose(had been neighbors outside kitten
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cyndersmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
it always seems to do this to him, and i guess it's normal but i was just wondering if others came across this issue as well with their fur babies. he does eat,play and litter box all normal, i just notice he sleeps alot when he gets his new dose, then is back to normal the next day..