Hurricane coming our way:(

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hello everyone:

Tropical Storm Irene (will be a hurricane soon) is coming our way to Puerto Rico. We have everything ready and i have all my kitties safe and ready for the bad weather. I hate this! Soon I will have no electricity and no water. The important thing is to stay safe. here is a radar photo of what's coming to us:

Puerto Rico is the tiny island right in front of the storm, is coming right at us

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/tatl/flash-rb.html

Tammy

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stay safe! Do you have a shelter or something?

The last time PR had a hurricane, we were there a couple of weeks later (still no electricity in a lot of places). But between the storm and that cruise, we took several truckloads of generators to the port to be taken over to PR.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't need shelter, our home is safe. Most houses in PR are made of concrete because of hurricanes, not many wood houses in PR.

Tammy

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stay safe! I've been through a hurricane that was barely a category 1 (because it came pretty far inland) and it was scary and did a ton of damange! I can't even imagine a direct hit.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH Tammy, I am so worried hearing of this news. PLEASE stay safe and I will be praying hard for you and your furbabies. Will be watching the weather... MEGA MEGA stay safe vibes coming your way.....

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had Hurricane Juan come through as a Cat 2, here in Nova Scotia. It was kinda scary but sort of fun in a way too. There was A LOT of damage but it was almost funny to wake up the next day and see every house and car completely covered in leaves.

Glad you are well prepared, stay safe and hope you get power back before too long!

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all
It just started raining and they said in the news that the hit will be more direct than they thought. But we are ready, my kitties are all sleeping and I hope they don't get too scared when they hear all the noise.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momto4kitties

We don't need shelter, our home is safe. Most houses in PR are made of concrete because of hurricanes, not many wood houses in PR.

Tammy
We went to Cozumel soon after their last hurricane. There wasn't a building on the island you couldn't see clear through. Only the skeletons of most hotels. Destroyed the all-concrete cruise ship dock, left nothing behind of what was on it.

Concrete isn't as strong as you might think, when it comes to a maximum hurricane.

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you
Things are still calmed, it will start at 12 am or 1am, the eye of the storm will cross our island.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been watching it and worrying! STAY SAFE and please let us know as soon as you can how you are!

you won't be without power, water (and internet!) long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
THank you all, Thank you Laurie
My kitties are a little bit tense because they see us worrying and working around the house and they know something is going on, besides, my brother Joey, his wife Lisangeline and their cat Lola are all here with us too. Lola is is a separate room because the poor girl hates cats, the only cat she has seen is Lucas and it was when she was tiny. She hates cats, I think she doesn't know she is a cat. She has lived her whole life with only her parents (my brother and his wife). She is pretty upset right now.

I have always told them to please bring her around so she could play with my kitties, but they didn't do that and poor lola doesn't know how to be wround other cts, she gets very upset, hiss at them and attacks them.

Poor Lola

It is raining, but no wind yet...

Tammy

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Irene has been hittinu us all night, but thank God in the west area where I lived we haven't received the strong hurricane winds, just rain and we still have electricity, yay!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momto4kitties

Irene has been hittinu us all night, but thank God in the west area where I lived we haven't received the strong hurricane winds, just rain and we still have electricity, yay!
Great update! Hopefully everyone there has it easy.

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tahnk you. Sadly, other areas of PR have been affected, there are floods and the winds have done damage, but us in the west of PR will only get rain.