Cat lice how do you get rid of it!!!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What do you mean by lice? Could it possibly be fleas?

If so (and the same for lice, if it happened), I would treat him with Advantage Plus or Revolution.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cyndersmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yup its lice. ive had many a cat and i know what fleas look like and its lice. i just RAN to my vet and they gave me advantage hope it works. grossed out but apparently its not passable to humans..

megan22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just got a kitten from my mom, and all of her cat covered in little white/tanish colored mite or lice. Not sure what it is, I thought it was lice, mom thinks some kind of mite. This kitten is going to be staying inside so I am trying to find out how to get rid of them and fast.

fleshflowers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by megan22

I just got a kitten from my mom, and all of her cat covered in little white/tanish colored mite or lice. Not sure what it is, I thought it was lice, mom thinks some kind of mite. This kitten is going to be staying inside so I am trying to find out how to get rid of them and fast.
Best bet would be to go to the vet.

megan22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by FleshFlowers

Best bet would be to go to the vet.
I really wish I could, but I really do not think I can afford to take it to the vet, at least not for a few weeks. I gave her 2 bathes in dawn and combed her for almost 2 hours trying to get them off. I think she is around 10 weeks or so, my husband gets paid tomorrow so I am going to try to find a soap or something that might will kill them. I love this little kitten so much already.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can get a topical treatment at Costco. I think it's Frontline, but I don't remember for sure.

I would check around for a low-cost vet clinic.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is extremely important to dose by weight of the cat/kitten. Many over-the-counter remedies are dangerous and can cause death. Please be careful what you use until you can afford to go to the vet to get proper medication.

The Catlady's Husband

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
After using a good spot treatment. They have great sprays on chewy that can be used with spot treatment. I feel your pain. Treating 2 indoor and 3 outdoor cats with lice. There are not enough hours in a day to comb and clean up after them.