Difference - Franam Comfort Zone w/Feliway?

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been using Comfort Zone w/Feliway by Farnam for 3 years. I originally began using it because my male cat, Ramsey, started peeing on the living room sofa. It only happened first thing in the morning and it came out of the blue, fo no apparent reason. He had no physical issues according to the vet so I tried the usual things. Cat box on the pee spot, foil etc. Nothing worked. So what I did was begin observing and writing down everything I did in the morning. Ramsey is the FIP survivor in my brood and he is definitely a daddy's boy. What I *think* his problem was due to my walking the dog first thing in the morning before doing anything else. Anyway, he is a nervous cat and I'll try to keep this short. I started using the Comfort Zone and after about a month he began to stop urinating on the sofa. He has not done it since. Naturally I replaced the sofa

I went to by my monthly supply this past weekend and noticed another Feliway product on the shelf by Farnam. It is not called Comfort Zone. I think it's just called Feliway by Farnam, or something similar. I checked the ingredients and they are the same. The same company makes it. The diffuser and refill container are the same. The Comfort Zone is $49 and the other is $29. Anyone know what the deal is? If I get time, I'm going to call the company this week but maybe someone already knows. Maybe a packaging change? I can't imagine such a huge price difference on the same product but stranger things have happened.

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't expect an answer from Farnam, at least a sensible one. They change product names more often than people change socks. heck, they even changed the name on feed and water pails from one name to another three times that I recall, and each change brings new colours; even the old black rubber pails went from Fortex to Fortiflex. Suppliments change names often, same formula but different name, sometimes more expensive, sometimes less. The products and company are pretty reputable, but their marketing is suspect at times. FWIW, when Fortex changed to Fortiflex, the pails got cheaper, still the same thing though.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found this:

http://www.farnam.com/view_press.php?id=100720

Which does mention a change in packaging. At the very bottom Ceva is mentioned, so I guess they are the same company.

As for the price, perhaps the $49 package contains a diffuser and a refill, and the $29 contains only a refill?

You can get feliway much cheaper on line at amazon.com. I get mine at entirelypets.com where it is a few cents higher in price, but they will ship it to my PO box. For some reason, amazon will not ship feliway to my PO box.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

I found this:

http://www.farnam.com/view_press.php?id=100720

Which does mention a change in packaging. At the very bottom Ceva is mentioned, so I guess they are the same company.

As for the price, perhaps the $49 package contains a diffuser and a refill, and the $29 contains only a refill?

You can get feliway much cheaper on line at amazon.com. I get mine at entirelypets.com where it is a few cents higher in price, but they will ship it to my PO box. For some reason, amazon will not ship feliway to my PO box.
Both have diffusers in them which is what has me confused. Well, I bought the $49 one because I know it works but if the cheaper one is the same thing I'm buying it next time. I've got a call out to Farnam and they are supposed to get back to me. We'll see.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They also recently changed their packaging and the bottle the liquid part is in. It's now shorter and fatter. Same amount, just different packaging.

fulpmes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've wondered the same and I think I've used both and I don't know that I've been able to tell any difference in cat behavior. I definitely like one price better tnan the other. I wish I knew what any supposed difference was.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is the same product... Both are Feliway... I do agree Amazon has the same Price - I get mine for about $13 a piece in there when I get multiples here is the link.