The reason I'm asking is my cat Patsy took a turn for the worse and I'm trying to decide what to do. I don't know if it would be fair to Patsy to put her through anymore or say good bye. Her doctor said the chances are good that the IV fluids will help her feel better and extend her life. Even if they do work she will have to have sub-Q fluids twice a day at home (I'm already giving her fluids twice a week) plus a bunch of other meds. She is 15 yrs old.
I don't want to put her through any more than I absolutely have to but I don't want to lose her either. The doctor did say If I decide not to do the IV fluids I should start saying good bye right now. Right now I think it's worth trying one round of the IV fluids (3 days) then leaving it in gods hands. I have until tomorrow morning to decide. I think it is a little harder for me right now because I just lost my Princess 2 months ago. Princess kind of made the decision for me so that was a little easier (well as easy as it can be)
PS - I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense or for any typos but my mind is going in a million directions at once right now