Cat licking blanket

catbehaviors

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else on here notice that their cat licks a blanket, or something else that is slightly like a cat's fur? I've read that cats do this because it reminds them of their mother, just wondering if anyone else's cat's do this.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hannah licks the bath mats in the bathroom. I'm not really fond of her doing this.

ziggy'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catbehaviors

Does anyone else on here notice that their cat licks a blanket, or something else that is slightly like a cat's fur? I've read that cats do this because it reminds them of their mother, just wondering if anyone else's cat's do this.
Maybe he needs a friend to groom instead? I don't think I've ever seen my cats do something like that but they do spend a lot of time licking each other. One of my cats is always grooming some cat. She'll just reach out and grab whatever cat happen to be walking by and starts grooming them. I don't see the lure of licking something furry but then again I don't get a lot of things they do. Who knows

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Midnight will suck on his blanket while purring very loudly and rocking back and forth. He did this every night when he was very tiny for a long time. Then he seemed to stop it. But when we took him to get neutered he was gone for the whole day. That night he started doing it again, and has continued doing it every night since then. So I guess it's something he'll do when things change for him?

Luna will try to eat the blankets on my parents bed. She'll do that a good 5 minutes before she washes up and lays down. She doesn't do that on my bed.

Lynxx never did this.

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Lulu, who lived to be almost 19, did that her whole life. She was another little, black, DSH. She lost her mother at about age 4 weeks. I always thought that was why.

Robin