...and I have sad? news... well... we'll see.
Last week Tuxedo had another UTI. (He'd gotten into MaeMae's food, which caused the problem). We took MaeMae in with us to see the doc when we took Tuxedo. She checked out great - and got her first vaccination.
BUT... on our way out, the lady who adopted Magic had just been in with one of her dogs for a check-up. She mentioned to the Vet assistant who's her friend that she'd like to adopt another cat. Gary and I couldn't deal with it at all, and decided not to think about it. We finally discussed it Sunday. We decided that if Janice (the lady who adopted Magic) is interested in adopting a kitten, we should probably adopt MaeMae to her. We know it's a fabulous home, she's not far from here... she loves and is great with her animals. She has a large home - much larger than ours!!! MaeMae is completely fearless, has never met a dog, and so has no negative experiences with them. She'll probably be great with them!
So yesterday we called the vet assistant, and told her to ask Janice if she's interested in MaeMae. Of course, the entire vet's office fell in love with her. She scampered all over the reception counter waiting for her appointment.
We love this little girl so much... but we have to do what's best for her, not what's best for us.
Tracy (the vet assistant) said it'd probably be a few days before she got back to us with an answer. I told her not to rush - we're in NO HURRY!!!!!
I don't know whether to ask for prayers that Janice wants her or to ask for prayers that Janice doesn't want a kitten!!!!! I'm sure MaeMae would be happy there. There's no doubt she's happy here.... but.... she will keep growing.... I'm sure at some point in our cat's probably 18 - 20 years of life Gary and I will move out of the RV (or into a larger one).... but ... who knows when that will happen?
It nearly broke my heart to make that call, but it's in the hands of fate now.... (of course, we can always decide not to go through with it...)