Do pregnant cats build nests??

gray kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My girl is at least 6 or 7 weeks pregnant now, could be farther along? She has found a cubby-hole and since last night has been ripping up my puzzle magazines that are there. She has never done anything like that before. It seems like she is trying to make a nest for the babies but I didn't thnk cats did that? If thats what shes doing would she be farther along than I think?

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Unless you know when she mated it's hard to tell how far along she is. If you know when her nipples turned pink then it should be around 6 weeks from then. Cat's do nest. They can start 2 weeks before or wait until 3 days before. Can you feel the babies moving? They normally have them about 2 weeks after you start feeling the kittens moving. Have yhou taken her to the vet? They should be able to give you a rough estimate on how far along she is.

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gray kitty

My girl is at least 6 or 7 weeks pregnant now, could be farther along? She has found a cubby-hole and since last night has been ripping up my puzzle magazines that are there. She has never done anything like that before. It seems like she is trying to make a nest for the babies but I didn't thnk cats did that? If thats what shes doing would she be farther along than I think?
Yes, they do make nests before they have kittens, although it could be anywhere from a day to 3 weeks before she has them. Different cats nest at different times of pregnancy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gray kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think I might have felt a couple little kicks but I'm really not sure. She doesn't like to stand still and let me feel. She's not a cuddler, she likes to be petted but she always has to be moving around while being petted.

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think I might have felt a couple little kicks but I'm really not sure. She doesn't like to stand still and let me feel. She's not a cuddler, she likes to be petted but she always has to be moving around while being petted.
I know the feeling
. The best time is to get her while she's sleeping and just gentilly put your hands over her belly for a few minues. Sometimes you can even see them moving while they're lying down.

gray kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There isn't a lot of movement but I definately felt a little kick last night.

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

There isn't a lot of movement but I definately felt a little kick last night.
You probably have roughly 2 weeks left until they're born, but it could be one week.

gray kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks )
-----------------

gray kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She had her kittens late last night. She wanted us all to be around her and pet her while she was having them. She was purring the entire time except for every 30 minutes when she pushed out another baby. She had 5 in all. She is being a VERY good mother!! I am so impressed and I totally fell in love with her all over again last night. She obviously really loves her kittens! This was such a great experience. She and the kittens are in a box beside my bed.

p.s. All of the kittens and the mother are going to be spayed/neutered as soon as the kittens are old enough.

4theluvacats83

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

She had her kittens late last night. She wanted us all to be around her and pet her while she was having them. She was purring the entire time except for every 30 minutes when she pushed out another baby. She had 5 in all. She is being a VERY good mother!! I am so impressed and I totally fell in love with her all over again last night. She obviously really loves her kittens! This was such a great experience. She and the kittens are in a box beside my bed.

p.s. All of the kittens and the mother are going to be spayed/neutered as soon as the kittens are old enough.
think that mother resembles my foster selbie, all purrs and smiles, she wznted us to be near her each time as well. Isnt it great to experience a queen giving birth, ur a lucky mom,and so is the mother

i