or Connect
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Georgia Seniors told they can't say Grace before Meals
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Georgia Seniors told they can't say Grace before Meals - Page 4

post #91 of 105
I've seen it done and if you read the paper, you will know they are demanding places to pray that is designated in the workplace, etc.

A recent article in Minneapolis was the fact that Muslims insisted they have a place on campus to pray.......yet the Christians were denied a room where they could hold a group meeting. Fair? Open your eyes people.

Right now there is a big contraversy in NYC because they want a mosque built very near the Twin Towers....do you think that is right? Or is it a mockery?

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=119328
post #92 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
Skippy you are twisting things around.

Lets address it as a "thank you" at meal time (which really is what it is) - thanking God for what has has done or given. Does that make it any better

And we are not "displaying" at all - we simply fold our hands and bow our heads and give thanks out loud at the table. ?
Well actually, it still doesn't explain why it has to be out loud.

Quote:
Now when Muslins pray, IMO they ARE on display as they lay out a blanket and start bowing. THAT is public display and that is really what you probably would consider objectionable.
The Muslims pray exactly as their faith requires of them, and in most cases will try to find a removed place to do it. They aren't ignoring part of their gospels when they pray out loud.

Quote:
And usually the only time I've heard a pastor or others say "now let us pray" is in church or a church meal or something like that. I've never been to a public event where someone stood up and announced prayer.
I've seen it at company picnics, rotary dinners, civil war re-enactments, beauty contests, etcetera...even at the Butler county Catfish festival.
post #93 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
I've seen it done and if you read the paper, you will know they are demanding places to pray that is designated in the workplace, etc.
Why is it a problem for people who's faith requires ritualistic prayer ceremonies to ask for accomodations in order to keep it out of the public eye?
Quote:
A recent article in Minneapolis was the fact that Muslims insisted they have a place on campus to pray.......yet the Christians were denied a room where they could hold a group meeting. Fair? Open your eyes people.
Why are they so jealous because Islam has rituals and they don't? What kind of "meeting" does their religion >>require<< them to have?

Quote:
Right now there is a big contraversy in NYC because they want a mosque built very near the Twin Towers....do you think that is right? Or is it a mockery?
Excuse me? A mockery of what? Why would building places of worship near such a site be any kind of problem at all? People from over 80 different countries died there, you could probably find at least one casualty of every religion imaginable.
post #94 of 105
Thread Starter 
Now Skippy, you can see why there would be people that are upset of building a Mosque near Ground Zero, 9-11 is still raw to the victim's families.

It isn't so much the Mosque near Ground Zero I have a problem with as much as the Imam who will officiate at it, he is pretty blatant and has said publicly that 9-11 is all our own fault.

And what is to keep this mosque from becoming a shrine to Muslims that were overjoyed (remember the dancing in the streets) when the WTC collapsed and 2,700 people died? Many that enjoyed that can come visit the Mosque and have the added joy of being next door to Ground Zero.

post #95 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
Now Skippy, you can see why there would be people that are upset of building a Mosque near Ground Zero, 9-11 is still raw to the victim's families.

It isn't so much the Mosque near Ground Zero I have a problem with as much as the Imam who will officiate at it, he is pretty blatant and has said publicly that 9-11 is all our own fault.

And what is to keep this mosque from becoming a shrine to Muslims that were overjoyed (remember the dancing in the streets) when the WTC collapsed and 2,700 people died? Many that enjoyed that can come visit the Mosque and have the added joy of being next door to Ground Zero.


It's that 1st Amendment thing again. There are plenty of very old Churches in the city, and they can build even more if they want. I personally don't see the problem with having a Mosque there, as Islam has as much right to honor the Muslim victims of 9-11 as anyone else. In fact, the average Muslim probably makes prayers for all the victims of that day.

And seeing as we're in the right thread...the Imam has as much right to say what he feels as Christians have to pray out loud in public or protest at soldier's funerals. In other words, "because I can" doesn't always substitute for tact, courtesy or good taste.
post #96 of 105
Let's see if I have this straight: extremists claiming to be adherents of a particular religion commit a monumental act of atrocity, and thus that religion should be permanently barred from having a place of prayer "too close" to the location where the act was commited.

I assume this is the project in question:
Quote:
Cordoba House project calls for a 15-story community center including a mosque, performance art center, gym, swimming pool and other public spaces.

The project is a collaboration between the American Society for Muslim Advancement and the Cordoba Initiative, both of which work to improve relations with followers of the religion.

The two groups presented their vision to part of the Community Board of lower Manhattan on Wednesday night.

Ro Sheffe, a board member who attended the meeting, said the project did not need to get the board's approval.

"They own the land, and their plans don't have any zoning changes," Sheffe said. "They came to us for our opinions and to let us know their plans. It was purely voluntary on their part."
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/05/07/new...que/index.html

Quote:
The mosque will satisfy the current need of a prayer space in the lower Manhattan area, making it the only prayer area opened for the five daily prayers below Houston (greater lower Manhattan).
http://www.cordobainitiative.org/

And is this the Imam in question?
http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Isla...r-911.aspx?p=1
post #97 of 105
Thread Starter 
post #98 of 105
I was not able to find anything he said that was "blatant" or to the effect that "9-11 is all our own fault." Can you provide the quote?
post #99 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogmom View Post
Excuse me? And how would you presume to know that?
I can only draw conclusions from what you say.
post #100 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
Where in the world did you dig that site up? Did you see yesterday's entry?
Hidden Islamic messages in Google maps?
Quote:
The absolute strange nature of what we have discovered is a blazing red flag of sorts, yet, people can’t seem to wrap their mind around the issue. The issue is that the words are there, they are hidden in the zoom, someone put them there and it is not a lack of understanding on my part about Google using different languages. These words have no reason to be where they are found. Yes, Google has a language program, but it is not relevant to the issue at hand. The language program leaves in place the encoded messages regardless of what language you choose to use on Google Maps.
For those of you out there who understand what I am saying, there is nothing else I can do. I called the Feds and the press. It is now up to you to find out the answers. Someone out there has to break through and get someone to understand this in the government or press, because I can’t. I tried, now it is your turn. I nearly crashed the site over this, but the right people are not listening. Good luck.
Even Alaska is at risk!
Islam is creeping in Alaska
post #101 of 105
Gee...are these people playing rock records backwards, too?
post #102 of 105
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogmom View Post
I was not able to find anything he said that was "blatant" or to the effect that "9-11 is all our own fault." Can you provide the quote?
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...789939987.html
post #103 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
So is it gonna kill anyone to sit there and hear a prayer being said thanking God for the food provided? NO. And I would tell them to go right ahead and stand up and thank God for the food - what are they gonna do? Arrest every senior citizen there?

NO one is gonna stop me from praying any time and any where I choose. We say prayers in restaurants before we eat - and its OUT LOUD - not so others can hear, but we can hear each other at the table.

This politically correct cr*p has GOT to stop!
I agree. My husband and I pray over our food at every meal, whether we are home or in a restaurant. Our prays are not to impress anyone.
post #104 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
The only full quote I saw in there was this:
Quote:
The Islamic method of waging war is not to kill innocent civilians. But it was Christians in World War II who bombed civilians in Dresden and Hiroshima, neither of which were military targets.
I'm not a student of history but I do believe that the Germans were the first to drop bombs on civilians during wartime and the US is the only nation to have dropped nuclear bombs on civilians. For whatever it is worth, both countries are predominantly "Christian."
post #105 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogmom View Post
The only full quote I saw in there was this:

I'm not a student of history but I do believe that the Germans were the first to drop bombs on civilians during wartime and the US is the only nation to have dropped nuclear bombs on civilians. For whatever it is worth, both countries are predominantly "Christian."
Shortly before the 1st Crusade, Christians in Germany and France slaughtered Jews by the hundreds there as well. Plus, at the finale of the 1st Crusade, after Christians took control of Jerusalem, they murdered most of it's occupants, both Jews and Muslims, to include refugees and prisoners.

But at the beginning of the 3rd Crusade, when the Muslims retook Jerusalem, they granted every living thing within it's walls safe passage to Christian territories.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Georgia Seniors told they can't say Grace before Meals