cat scratches on leather couch, how to fix?

dlphnlvr_25

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I'm new to this site and new to having cats in the house. They are actually my moms and have scratched up our leather couch and chair. Any tried and true methods to fix? thanks so much in advance.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

dlphnlvr_25

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes we have cat tress and have put on the soft claws. They seem to work at redirecting (the chew off the soft claws!) I just was wondering how to fix the leather? I don't want to make it look worse!

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dlphnlvr_25

Yes we have cat tress and have put on the soft claws. They seem to work at redirecting (the chew off the soft claws!) I just was wondering how to fix the leather? I don't want to make it look worse!
Oh...that, I have no idea.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dlphnlvr_25

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thanks! And I see I can't spell today!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We covered our leather dining chairs with fabric covers... Unfortunately there is no real fix. We just realised we would never buy leather again. My girls don't scratch it deliberately, their claws just dig in a bit when they run over the chairs.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are people who can fix leather. If you have any upholstery shops in the area I would check with them. l have also seen a kit to buy that is supposed to match the color of the leather. What color is your furniture. I think some colors would be easier to fix like black or brown. But if I were you I would do my research. Unless it is torn, I think it can be fixed.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do a Google search how to fix cat scratches on leather furniture. There are some sites with some suggestions. I read one at www.thriftyfun.com and it had a suggestion to use orange oil polish. Why don't you go to that website and read about it there.