Cat run off, will he come back?

gaogier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello

Full story.

Female cat, 3-4 months old, come into heat, my boys not neutered, and wanted to become a dad.

We phoned up the vets got them booked in (today).

After a weekend of chasing the female cat, we got them in safe ready for the neutering.

This morning, they both got neutered successfully.

Got them home, and tried to get them to go to the bathroom, which they really needed to go. They didn't. So I used our dogs lead and made it smaller (puppy lead) put it around taffy, and took him outside to do his stuff.

I asked someone to keep an eye on the dog, and our other cat, but they didn't and the dog came bouncing out, and knocked me over. I had no choice but to let go of the lead, and one cat ran one way, and the other cat was chased by the dog.

The cat with the lead on, jumped over the fence, and ran into the bushes, and field/hill.

I went right after him, and asked the person who was looking after the other cat, to go after the him, they didn't so I had to go back inside and get them to do it.

I went back into the field/bushes/hill area, no sign of my boy. My other one came back home.

Will my other one do the same? What should I do? EAsiest way to get him back?

They have been chipped, but not registered yet.

I really need advise? I will spend all night/day/night looking for him.

I will keep an eye out of this post via my phone. PLEASE HELP.

mysterycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I also had a cat but it was not actually running away, I love cats but not everyone at home likes them so when I was not home, they threw my cat far away from home I was really sad but after a week, cat used to find her way back home, threw them again and got back home again, on the third time cat didn't came back and I was really sad, I couldn't help it, I don't have an authority to rule the house

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gaogier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This my sound very sad.

I am not the normal person. I have many problems one of these is asperger's syndrome and I have my cats which helps me alot. I can talk to them, I can understand them, ect.

I really need taffy he is my best friend.

shanynne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OK you said they micro-chipped, but not registered. Please register their information as soon as possible. Next start checking around your neighborhood and the local shelters.

Call them, listen to see if you can hear them crying or anything. Look everywhere you can. Leave food out for them. Say some prayers for them! I hope you find them! *hugs*

Dear MysteryCat, I am *so* sorry for what happened to you and you kitty that is just heartbreaking! *hugs*

gaogier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Taffy, has been missing for 5 hours now.

I have searched and searched, no sign of anything.

It is now 2:30am nearly and I will resume searching at 7am

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gaogier

Taffy, has been missing for 5 hours now.

I have searched and searched, no sign of anything.

It is now 2:30am nearly and I will resume searching at 7am
He'll come back. He knows where he lives. He'll get hungry and start missing you. I know you're worried, and I wish I could do more to comfort you.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gaogier

I am not the normal person. I have many problems one of these is asperger's syndrome and I have my cats which helps me alot. I can talk to them, I can understand them, ect.
I am glad that you use kitty therapy to help you with Asperger's. Cats can be an amazing source of comfort and calming. And I am glad that you got your boys neutered. I have no doubt your cat will come back, especially when he gets hungry.

If you can't find him in the next day, please talk to your neighbors. If he is microchipped he is in "the system". When I adopted my girl, she was microchipped and they changed the microchip info to my address and phone number. Even if you haven't updated info, there has to be a way you can track him with the chip.

I know I said it in another thread, but thank you for getting your boys neutered. I believe it really will make for a better life for them AND for you. From your posts I can see that you are a very caring cat owner. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your boy comes home safely very, very soon.

gaogier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
12 hours missing, what do I do?

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please have faith. I really believe he will return.:vi bes:I bet he is just hiding out nearby. I had a cat run off and she was gone for days~~until she got hungry!! But she never went far from the house. I would like to tell you not to worry yourself sick about it, but I know how anxious you are feeling about this. We will be hoping and praying!!! Please keep us posted

ruby35

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You said he was wearing the leash when he ran off. My concern would be that the leash got stuck on a branch or a bush or something and he's stuck somewhere trying to get loose. I don't know if cats have the ability to knaw through something like that to get free, but he may not be able to. I would go looking for him again and bring treats or something. I don't know what kind of area you live in, but I'm getting the feeling that he didn't necessarily go far from the house.

gaogier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
FOUND HIM.

He still had the leash on.

He looks black, must of gone under a car or something.

He is now cleaning himself, and smells like pee, more likely from yesterday when he peed and laid in it at the vets.

BOLLO HAS RUN OFF NOW!!!

I am sure he will be fine, he has never missed a meal.

His routine is feeding at sun rise and sun set.

I will have to go and tell some old woman who helped me look after 23 miles of walking, looking, and climbing or since 9pm YESTERDAY till 12:30PM TODAY.

I am posting back on the litter thread now.

gaogier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Both back safely.

How long till they can come and go?

They just had an operation, vet said till I am comfortable.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It'll be a month or more before the male hormones subside, so they'll still be looking for females for a while. As far as the neutering is concerned, males are usually just fine after the anesthesia has worn off, but it might be a good idea to keep them in for another day or so, just to be sure there aren't any complications.

gaogier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The both can sleep for england at the moment, so its not safe just yet? Might let them out in the morning then?

That way it will be 2 days since the operation.

When bubbles lost his tail, he was out right away. Same with being neutered, He unlocked his carrier and ran away. Took a day for him to come back, but never leaves the house for 2 long.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'd wait and see how they are in the morning, if they're sleeping so soundly now. Taffy is probably exhausted after his "adventure".

gaogier

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeap, Taffy has been sleeping for about 6-7 hours. After being missing for 15 hours - Longest ever - Made Missing cat flyers - walked over 35,000 steps looking for him.

When Taffy came in, Bollo ran out, he also didn't sleep last night.

Bollo came in for food. and is laying on my leg, and seems fine, but not asleep.