Thank you so much for your advice everybody! Sorry it's taken me a while to update, but yesterday was so hectic. Unfortunately, taking her out didn't do anything. And removing the cone isn't an option. As soon as I removed the cone, she tucked her head down and bit vigorously at the incision and pulled off the scab. Her incision was bleeding a little bit, and we put the cone back on. So, of course, we ended up at the vet. She continued to throw up and have diarreah. Well, they did an exam and a fecal, and it turns out, she has an outstanding number of roundworm. She must of had them before, but the stress with the surgery/crating must of let them multiply. The problem is, she won't keep her meds down! She was perscribed Metronidazole and Strongid-T. The Metronidazole I'm not as worried about her vomiting up last night because it's once every 12 hours. However, the Strongid-T, I was given only 2 syringes, one for last night and one for two weeks from now. And she vomited up the first one... I called the vet and they said to wait a few days to give it to her, once her stomach is settled, and to go back in two weeks and they'd give me the dose she threw up free of charge. But, how do I help her keep things down? They told us to give her 1/4 of a 10mg Pepcid AC tablet to help, but it doesn't really help that she's throwing that up too. Last night we got her to keep it down, but she did throw up over night. I hope it was in there long enough for her to absorb it. She's also kept down her pepsid and metronidazole down this morning so far.
But I know she's going to get better.. the thing I'm MOST worried about is she EVER going to trust us again?
We have to wrap her up in a blanket to keep her from fighting us with meds, and I have to do this with three meds. She hasn't wanted a thing to do with us.
How long will it take for her to trust us again? And if she does start keeping the meds down, how long do you think until she starts eating again?
Thank you again everyone!