Need advise, cat had ruptured diaphragm

keancy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all

four days ago my Cat got hit by a car and ruptured his diaphragm. He had an emergency operation to fix this on Wednesday night and has survived and is supposed to make a full recovery.

But I am concerned. I collected him from Vet yesterday morning and all of yesterday I had to syringe feed him special food the vet gave me as he will not eat his own, nor Tuna, or Chicken. He keeps leaking small amounts of urine which I don't know but assume is because of the trauma, but he hasn't urinated proper in his tray yet. He made a small amount of poop during the early hours in his tray and he has now started to purr loads again when getting cuddled.

My question really is, has this happened to anyone else's cat here and is he doing ok?? Should he be leaking urine or going for pee?? He also wears one of those cones which is making him mega unhappy.

The other thing I noticed last night was that his tail looks like it is broke about 2 inches from the end tip, unless again he hasn't the strengths to control this. Am I being impatient??

I would really appreciate some advise to put my mind at ease especially since I have to leave him tomorrow while I got to go to work

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS ...

I do not know where in the world you are but please seek out a vet again quickly.
Do you have an emergency vet nearby? Does your vet have an after hours number you can call? Please do an internet search or use your local phone book to find a vet near you, and get your cat seen as soon as you can.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

keancy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Welcome to TCS ...

I do not know where in the world you are but please seek out a vet again quickly.
Do you have an emergency vet nearby? Does your vet have an after hours number you can call? Please do an internet search or use your local phone book to find a vet near you, and get your cat seen as soon as you can.
You are freaking me out now, why do I need to do this what do you think is wrong??

He is on antibiotics too I forgot to say.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think these are all questions your vet should be answering. At the very least he should have told you what to expect and/or what to keep an eye out for. Call them and ask them those questions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

keancy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I think these are all questions your vet should be answering. At the very least he should have told you what to expect and/or what to keep an eye out for. Call them and ask them those questions.
Ok, thank you