Looking for a dog! Ontario!!

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone,

It is time to welcome a dog into my life. My SO and I have bought a house, the bills are not too taxing on us (we waited a couple months to make sure we have extra money) and this week we completed fencing in our entire backyard (my stipulation). Now it is time to start looking!

We want an adult dog, medium-large (lab/shepherd cross size) and a female (our best friend has a male dobie and we want the best chance of them getting along)

So if anyone knows of any dogs in ontario that are available that fit this description please let me know! we are going to start going to the shelters and looking at dogs on petfinder this week.

Very excited!
Hopefully Cello and Kismet will be as excited....

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck! I was sure that my cats would HATE our new dog (5.5 month old Australian Shepherd), but it was only a couple of days before they were playing and all piled up in the dog bed together.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohhh....how exciting!
Good luck in the search - think carefully - visit shelters, don't look past older or special needs pets (that is if you can handle their specific special needs!).

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Ohhh....how exciting!
Good luck in the search - think carefully - visit shelters, don't look past older or special needs pets (that is if you can handle their specific special needs!).

Have fun finding your new best friend

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Ohhh....how exciting!
we are only looking for an adult! so age isn't really an issue, just looking for the right fit! And like you said, there are some "special needs" I can handle and some I can't.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Have fun finding your new best friend
I don't think Cello would appreciate this
he is after all, my best friend.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lmunsie

I don't think Cello would appreciate this
he is after all, my best friend.
Well Cello needs to learn Mom can have more than one best friend

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
May I suggest checking the Upper Credit Animal Shelter. They have some wonderful dogs and they are good people. You can check online what they have and they give a good description usually about personality, etc.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

May I suggest checking the Upper Credit Animal Shelter. They have some wonderful dogs and they are good people. You can check online what they have and they give a good description usually about personality, etc.
Just went and checked out their website. I love lacy. Might go see her! Thanks for the heads up.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Just went and checked out their website. I love lacy. Might go see her! Thanks for the heads up.
If you do decide to check out Lacy, you and Steve are welcome to come by for a coffee if you like.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have one I am putting up on the website tonight, Ellie, a fawn Shepherd X about a year old. She is a little shy but very sweet and will be available tomorrow.

I think all the other new ones are male or puppies

EDIT: Since she isnt on the website yet, here is Ellie

Excuse the tshirt, she found her stitches way too yummy and can get out of an ecollar

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

We have one I am putting up on the website tonight, Ellie, a fawn Shepherd X about a year old. She is a little shy but very sweet and will be available tomorrow.

Excuse the tshirt, she found her stitches way too yummy and can get out of an ecollar
Wow! We really wanted a white/light coloured shepherd cross. She is waaaaaaaaaaay to cute. She is a bit younger then I wanted.... but I think we're going to come see her tomorrow afternoon/evening. Do you have ANY idea how she is with other animals (cats/dogs). Do we need to make an appnt to see her?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Wow! We really wanted a white/light coloured shepherd cross. She is waaaaaaaaaaay to cute. She is a bit younger then I wanted.... but I think we're going to come see her tomorrow afternoon/evening. Do you have ANY idea how she is with other animals (cats/dogs). Do we need to make an appnt to see her?
Oh golly! She really is beautiful. She has a lovely and kind face.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Awwww Ellie is a doll!

Good luck on your search!

ink

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh she is lovely and her eyes are so kind. Good luck on your search. Sending vibes that you and Ellie mesh.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ink

Oh she is lovely and her eyes are so kind. Good luck on your search. Sending vibes that you and Ellie mesh.
she was already adopted! but vibes for more goodluck please