Clothes or Patterns for a Toy Poodle?

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to buy or make a coat for my sister Linda's little toy poodle, but shopping is limited here on the island and I can't find anything nice in Dollie's size (XS); it must be a popular size!

Can anyone recommend online stores with nice coats, preferably natural fabrics? Or, I'd love to make a coat, I have tons of fabrics here at home, but I haven't had any luck searching for patterns on the web.

Anybody have suggestions? Dollie can get cold in the winter, even in Texas, and she's depressed right now with Linda being so sick, so I thought a cute coat would cheer them both up! Thanks in advance!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My fave coat for a dog is a version of a horse blanket on one side sherpa one side pattern fleece...

get Dollie s neck , and fullest part of rib measurement plus length from nape to nape

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

My fave coat for a dog is a version of a horse blanket on one side sherpa one side pattern fleece...

get Dollie s neck , and fullest part of rib measurement plus length from nape to nape
I'm hoping to make it a surprise, but I might ask one of Linda's kids to measure for me... I know Dollie weighs six pounds but I wish I could find some free patterns!

Originally Posted by 2dogmom

Are you a knitter? It isn't hard to find patterns for knitting dog sweaters online, for example:
http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/diy/jacket.htm
Unfortunately I don't know how to knit, only sew. I keep finding patterns for "poodle skirts" from the fifties, but not jackets for poodles.

Thank you both for the suggestions!