Cats inner eyelid showing

rob51988

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Last weekend my indoor cat got down into my basement where I have an outdoor cat that we let in when its cold. I'm not sure how long he was down there or what happned. The other day I noticed his left eye was running and it was tall and thin where the other one was almost fully circular. I dont know what to do. I dont really have money to take him on a vet visit sadly so I'm in a really tough spot. I would love to take him but money is very tight. Does anyone have some insight?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When a kitty's third eyelid is showing, it's a sign of illness usually. A vet trip is definitely in order. Read the sticky at the top of the forum for what to do when you can't afford a vet.

ktlynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stephanietx

When a kitty's third eyelid is showing, it's a sign of illness usually. A vet trip is definitely in order. Read the sticky at the top of the forum for what to do when you can't afford a vet.
Agreed. Only a vet will be able to determine why the third eyelid is showing and prescribe treatment.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitten had those symptoms, I rushed her to the vet and she had a very bad ear infection that was putting pressure on her brain. You need to take him to the vet.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely a vet visit asap. I know it's expensive but our animals depend on us so very much. Ask about care credit. Many vets belong to the program. There is no telling what your cat may have picked up from the other cat. But you are a good person to let the other cat in when it is cold. Just try to keep them seperated. Again, please see the vet. Good luck.