new to site and have a hurt kitty

boni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hello,

For starters i have 4 kitties at my house. 2 of them are mine the other two are my roomates.... none the less i love them all!!!!!

My baby Boni, is a very sweet kitty she turned one on 8/17. She loves her belly rubbed and gets along with everyone. Right now she is not well at all!
She got out thursday night and was struck by a car and now has a broken Pelvic. (i did post a tread asking for advice about the injury if any one has any) she hasent eatin since thursday and hasnt pooped
..... she is alert and still loves attention. That i have to give her in a crate! the vet did say she should heal on her own..in a crate for a month.

Della is my other baby. She is her own entertainment, she can find anything to play with and keeps in her own little world except to lay by boni or wake me up at 3am with head butts to the face to want to be petted.. She is 1 1/2

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by boni

hello,

For starters i have 4 kitties at my house. 2 of them are mine the other two are my roomates.... none the less i love them all!!!!!

My baby Boni, is a very sweet kitty she turned one on 8/17. She loves her belly rubbed and gets along with everyone. Right now she is not well at all!
She got out thursday night and was struck by a car and now has a broken Pelvic. (i did post a tread asking for advice about the injury if any one has any) she hasent eatin since thursday and hasnt pooped
..... she is alert and still loves attention. That i have to give her in a crate! the vet did say she should heal on her own..in a crate for a month.

Della is my other baby. She is her own entertainment, she can find anything to play with and keeps in her own little world except to lay by boni or wake me up at 3am with head butts to the face to want to be petted.. She is 1 1/2
I am so sorry you are going through this...
What is the vet saying about her not eating.... Have you told him that this kittiy is not eating? Call the vet as soon as you can...
This kitty needs to eat... IMO there is nothing more important right now (besides being in the crate) than eating and drinking - you need to force feed this kitty - no matter what... Have you to...
Can you get her to eat some tuna? Baby food? If not, try mixing some kitten wet food with water and feeding her with a spoon...
Give her little by little... but she needs to eat and drink.
If that doesn't work.... Give it to her with a syringe.... very gently and slowly...
Her blood sugar is probably so low right now that her appetite is gone. Can you go to the supermarket?
If so, get some Karo Syrup (where you get maple syrup) - get a little of this, and rub it inside of her mouth - this will higher her blood sugar and perk up her appetite - do this only once...
Let us know...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

boni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i got her to eat a lot of tuna today!! i have been giving her water with a syringe! she saw the vet yesterday and had a half of bag of fluids put in her too! She is more active today so hopefully she will start to eat as normal thanks for your suggestions carolinalima on how to get her to eat!!!!!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by boni

i got her to eat a lot of tuna today!! i have been giving her water with a syringe! she saw the vet yesterday and had a half of bag of fluids put in her too! She is more active today so hopefully she will start to eat as normal thanks for your suggestions carolinalima on how to get her to eat!!!!!
Good job!
That's awesome!
!!!!!
That's great news!!!!!

Keep going, be patient, and give her lots of
love

Poor baby.... Do you have pictures of her?

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TheCatSite.

If I can help you with questions about the site, just send a private message to my username,
I will get back to you asap.
Sending healing vibes to Boni.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I am so sorry to hear about Broni ..... I, too am sending special healing vibes to her

Welcome to TCS.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

Please feel as you home here, we can learn so much and deep about our kittys in this marvelous site, I just only please ask you read the rules and other stuffs that can help you to feel as you Real home!..
here you have the link my friend.
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82565

Please ask whatever you need to know, there are plenty of good members and of course our tireness Mod´s to help us here!....

See you on the forums!, Glad that you join us!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your furfamily to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions