Crested geckos, gargoyle gecko and a snake

sumaii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I keep a few geckos or of course my lovely spoiled brat of a corn snake corn snake.

First up..... Cheerios

Name: Cheerios
Type: Corn snake
Morph: Have no clue
Notes: Cheerios was my first and only snake (surprised my mother let me get her in the first place). I purchased her back in 2007 from a lady who use to breed (Cheerios was her last snake) and had to choose between her geckos, horses and Cheerios.
Cheerios resides in a 30 gallon enclosure and eat frozen/thawed mice.

Her home:

]

This is my newest addition, whom I purchased at the October 4th Reptile Expo here.

Name: Standford Al
Type: Gargoyle gecko
Notes: He is a very feisty little guy who has been refusing to eat since I got him (most likely from stress and a change in diet), so he as a lot of work and weight gaining to do, otherwise he is perfect.

A bit of a size comparison

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sumaii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Next is all of my crested geckos....

This is Tiny, believed to be female, only a few months old. My first crested gecko, and most personable gecko.

Lewis, is more only known male, approx. about 5 years old. He and his mate were a birthday present from my parents (Bright yellow-green gecko). Bertha is my female gecko same age as Lewis. She and Lewis are the parents of the next two geckos (she is the light beige gecko)

sumaii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And last but not least are the babies.

Jim Eugene Saffron Ubert Swoosh (A.K.A. JESUS). He is about a month or so only, only weights a gram.

And then there is Ham Cain-Abel who is about 2 weeks young than JESUS, but weights 2 grams.

I think that's everyone...... OH and I also have two more crested gecko eggs incubating.

sumaii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jupeycat

I absolutely love your geckos, I would love to see photos as the little ones grow!

Oh don't worry I'll be sure to murder you all with pictures of them

Originally Posted by 709Juggalette

Hey Kayla! Great to see you and your gang here!
Hey
Me and the 'gang' are everywhere lol

sumaii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clpeters23

They are all very interesting! I've never seen pictures of a real gecko (outside of the tv commerical character). The babies are too cute!
Really?? Well now you have

The babies are cuter in person. VERY tiny.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^She must have been lurking when I've posted pics in the past.

Do you supplement heat for your geckos or are you able to keep your room temp high enough?
I wish my CB goldies were that tame as babies. Unfortunately geckos (the genus - tokays, goldens, marbles, etc) tend to always have that wildness to them. Rhacys always seem to be much more calmer.

sumaii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Right now only the babies have extra heating. When winter hits I will probably add heating to the gargoyle, but the adult cresties are in cooling now so I am not worrying to much.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was mostly thinking "brrr, Canada".
I live much further south and have already had to turn the heat on in the house several times - I really don't want to know how cold it gets before you start adding extra heat to the geckos. I'd probably need something to provide me with extra heat.

sumaii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My mother keeps the house pretty warm so I don't have to add to much extra heating.

As I said the hatching already have extra heating in the form of their containers in a glass tank and two heat pad with styrafoam

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just love geckos! When I lived in Guam they always got in my house, which was fine with me...less mosquitoes to worry about. But it was kind of disconcerting laying down at night and seeing a gecko on the ceiling right above your head. I always found them fascinating though (and so did my kitties!
)

Cheerios is gorgeous. I have a question about corn snakes though. I know you and a few other members here have corn snakes and they are all very vibrant in color. Are they that way in the wild too, or was that bred into them? Around here the only snakes I've seen are regular black snakes (rat snakes?), and copper heads. I've never seen a pretty snake in the wild. Or, maybe I'm just not in the right part of the country.

sumaii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks!

I believe that the bright colors are achived by selective breeding and the wild variants are browns, oranges and reds.

sumaii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had two more hatch recently.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So cute. I love the pics with them on your finger. Those types of pics always put their size into perspective.

sumaii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks!!

If anyone needs a more 'real' comparison... they weight less then a standard die which is 5 grams. They can also sit on a microscope slide.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like snakes or lizards, but even I have to admit that those babies are cute! I love the picture of the one on your finger looking back at the camera!! The "personable" one!