Question of the day Oct 24th.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!!

Today's question is this?

Do you have mood or body issue's that are affected by the weather?

This seemed like a good question to ask consider the bad weather we have been having here the last couple of days. In my case it seems to do both, if we get prolong periods of dull dreary weather I fine I am more tired and irritable and the dampness really aggravates my O.A..

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The strange weather this week seems to cause my hands and my knee to hurt more than usual. Lots of research seems to show that the whole thing may be psychosomatic, but it's never safe to go against long-held beliefs!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was diagnosed in the early '90's with Seasonal Affective Disorder, although I've suffered from it since I was a teenager. Most winters I am able to function pretty well, as long as I stay busy. Some winters I need to go on antidepressants. The winter that I got the diagnosis, I was so depressed that I had become suicidal. At least I was cognizant of the fact that killing myself wasn't rational, and sought medical attention.....some people aren't so lucky. Actually, depression runs quite strong in my whole family. My sister was diagnosed with SAD also, but she has a multitude of other issues that she deals with, besides depression (or maybe because of depression.)

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nice question Susan!...

Afortunately my body doesn´t seems affect the weather yet....
...maybe in a couple of years yep!...

But sometimes when the weather is cold I got a long time periods of headache!...

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The cold winter months tend to make me break out with at least one cold sore. So that I have to go around hiding my face and not kissing my Fiance until it goes away.

I also get severely chapped lips and cracked/bleeding fingertips. I like to think it has something to do with all the salt that stupid Michigan likes to throw around everywhere when it snows because my first winter in Washington my fingers were fine.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Nice question Susan!...

Afortunately my body doesn´t seems affect the weather yet....
...maybe in a couple of years yep!...

But sometimes when the weather is cold I got a long time periods of headache!...
What is considered "cold" in Mexico....79 degrees?

My sinuses are the main thing that I have problems with during the change of seasons. It's not too bad if its a gradual change, but when you start out the day nice and by lunch it's cold and rainy I'm in misery. It's the same way with elevations. I live in on a mountain, have to drive through a valley then up a much bigger mountain to get to work each day. Going to work usually isn't bad, but coming down off that big mountain is a PITA! I live on sudafed.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
gloomy rainy cold days make me want to sleep the day away

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I my body issues are just the nature of the illness. But I think changes in the weather do contribute to it.

Some days it's the pain that gives me the mood issues.