I got a gift from my SS!! - 2009 SS Gift Thread

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday when I got home there was an envelope waiting!!

It was a halloween card and a nail file with a note saying I should file my nails off rather than chewing them off trying to figure out who my secret santa is!

Since I only file my nails while on the computer and my current nail file a bit used up this will come in very handy. Not that I have much fingernails to begin with.

THANKS SECRET SANTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
That is really clever!

We now have an official SS gift thread.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its a cat themed nail file too-really fun!!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Y'know, I might send off one of my recipient's gifts early.

Maybe.

And maybe not.

File those nails, Gail!

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

Im so bummed I missed out on the SS signups..Arghhh darn me for not paying attention to things!
Same here!! I remembered the day after signups closed!!
Ive been sooo buisy lately!!

That was very cute of your SS to do though!!!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!

I got an envelope in the mail yesterday. In it was a very cool beaded bracelet from my Secret Santa. The beads are in autumn colors and there are some beads in the shape of leaves. Way cool. And the note said that proceeds benefited a local spay/neuter program.

I love beaded works, I love hand crafted items, and I love helping spay/neuter clinics. What a big score all around!!

Hmmmm........unless SS ordered it from some place outside of their home town, then I have my first set of clues: 1) where they live, 2) the fact that they support local rescue groups, and 3) they shopped early, and 4) they couldn't wait to start giving!!

I really thought I had the first gift of the season, but since I didn't win that prize, I'll post the first picture!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
That's really pretty.

Originally Posted by Momofmany

Hmmmm........unless SS ordered it from some place outside of their home town, then I have my first set of clues: 1) where they live, 2) the fact that they support local rescue groups, and 3) they shopped early, and 4) they couldn't wait to start giving!!
Or your SS is extra sneaky and is trying to throw you off.
It's been known to happen. A few years back I drove to a different state to mail my package.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

That's really pretty.

It's been known to happen. A few years back I drove to a different state to mail my package.

Good idea!

Nice bracelet Amy!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Or here's an alternative that some people used last year: mail your presents to another person in your Santee's town and have them deliver it to their home. Or, mail it to someone in a completely unrelated state and have them mail it to your Santee. Or if you order it online, just have them ship it directly.

I already noticed that the return address on the package doesn't match the zip code on the USPS stamp, so I know there is some trickery going on. And that's exactly what makes this so fun!!