Question of the Day - October 23rd - Friday

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you drink water from the tap or are you a bottle water only drinker?

Actually both. I mainly use tap water when I cook but we do have a water cooler at home that we use for drinking water.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well water, straight from the tap. Stainless steel water bottles.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't usually drink water. Just to take a pill once in a while. But I am not a fan of bottled water. Water is water. My husband buys his water. I can't see the point. I think it is a gimmick someone thought up years ago, and people just bought into it. Give me sweet ice tea!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes bottle. I'd prefer to be able to drink the tap water all of the time but our water comes from a nearby lake. Hottest and driest parts of summer it tastes terrible, and rain makes it taste muddy/fishy. I'm not sure how safe it is to drink since they're regularly fined for not properly treating the water.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the few times I drink water it's filtered tap.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I cook with tap water and drink bottled. We're actually looking at installing a reverse osmosis system on our water supply.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tap water. I keep bottles filled in the fridge, to grab when I go out....they're filled with tap water. I refuse to spend money on bottled water, and send more plastic into more landfills. NYC has some of the best water around.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Pur filter on my kitchen tap. I refill bottles and keep them in the fridge, so I guess you could say that I drink bottled tap water! I always give the girls filtered water to drink too.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nanner

Tap water. I keep bottles filled in the fridge, to grab when I go out....they're filled with tap water. I refuse to spend money on bottled water, and send more plastic into more landfills. NYC has some of the best water around.
Thank you!
(I live in your watershed)

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use tap water for cooking, but we only drink water from the Brita (so do the kitties).

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Always from the tap, I have a picture in my mind of some guy sitting in a room filling bottled water at a sink laughing his you know what off...
Also the few times I have drank bottled water I found I like the flavor of tap water better. Go figure...

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The tap water where I live is ok- but we refill the gallon water bottles and use those to drink with. I use tap water for cooking and the kitties (they don't seem to mind it, they drink the water).

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kitties and humans alike drink tap water in our house. It's nice water. I do let theirs outgas first -- their delicate little noses are more sensitive to the chlorine than ours, but it doesn't take long for it to go off.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wont drink tap water here. My in-laws had a filter system but I always saw particles floating in my water, ew. Rob will drink the tap water, but we also bought a water cooler off craigslist for $40, and he gets Diamond Spring 5 gal jugs from work that we use with the cooler
I fill empty water bottles from there.

The weird thing is I have no problem drinking tap water out of my grandma's tap in NJ!