Looking To Adopt

my2catz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am interested in adopting 2 all black male dsh litter mates polydactyls that are kittens with blue eyes. I live in the Boston Massachusetts area. It is important that I know the exact age of the kittens as it was a guess when I adopted my last 2 cats. The shelter was not sure of their age and so it was a guess and I had nothing sure to let the vet know when we visited.
It is with a heavy heart that my 2 calico dsh left me this year 5 months apart and it has been very empty here without them. I got them several years apart and both times I went to the shelter I went in for a male black or gray and both times came out with female calicos. We spent many years together.
If there is anyone that knows of a family looking to find a home that could place litter mates with this description in this area please send me an email.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's very specific...black cats with blue eyes are not common, and polydactyl as well? VERY rare. I don't know if you'll find a cat that matches that description, much less two of them, especially since you're picky about the age and gender thing. I guess you can put in a request at every shelter and rescue in the area, but they're very busy and may not have time to give you a call. It could be a while!

You might try Siamese rescues especially, because they're most likely to have blue-eyed kittens. But Siamese aren't usually polydactyl, so I don't know if you'd get exactly what you're looking for.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to say, but this is very strange.... do you mind me asking why such an specific request? I mean... you want these kittens to love, and to make you company, right? Why do they need to be ALL of the below?

2 all black male dsh litter mates polydactyls that are kittens with blue eyes.

foofy cat lady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

I am so sorry to say, but this is very strange.... do you mind me asking why such an specific request? I mean... you want these kittens to love, and to make you company, right? Why do they need to be ALL of the below?
I'm curious as to the same thing.

I didn't want a cat. A black cat picked me.
I didn't want two cats. A calico picked me.
I wanted an orange cat. A grey one picked me.
I wanted a striped cat. An orange cat picked me.
I wanted a black cat. A torbie picked me.
And I found love every time

At any rate.. Good luck to you on your search! Polydactyls are awesome - Mine sounded like he was wearing heels when he clickety-clacked across tile.

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Foofy Cat Lady

I'm curious as to the same thing.

I didn't want a cat. A black cat picked me.
I didn't want two cats. A calico picked me.
I wanted an orange cat. A grey one picked me.
I wanted a striped cat. An orange cat picked me.
I wanted a black cat. A torbie picked me.
And I found love every time

At any rate.. Good luck to you on your search! Polydactyls are awesome - Mine sounded like he was wearing heels when he clickety-clacked across tile.
I just loved your response.

p&r

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree, what reason is there that you're being so specific on your search? I'm not knocking it at all as I was very specific in what I wanted when I was looking for Rosalie and I got basically what I wanted (a calico that's mainly white, only I wasn't exactly looking for a dilute calico but a regular one but oh well
). Sometimes it's the ones you least expect to get that make you the happiest

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And what worries me the most, but maybe I am paranoid, is that this request is coming during Halloween time.... I don't know this person, it is a new member, so no one knows.... and I don't want to imply anything, I just think it is very strange.

Usually Shelters and rescues do not adopt black kitties or kittens during Halloween because of satanic cults sacrifices, and this request below is WAY too specific for me to not be considered weird IMO... But, as I said I am paranoid... But really...??? Do kitties need to be like this to be loved?

2 all black male dsh litter mates polydactyls that are kittens with blue eyes. \t\t\t \t\t

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our shelter doesn't stop black cat adoptions around Halloween. We ARE more careful, but by the time someone spends $75 to adopt a cat, and have given us their name, address, driver's license, etc., (all subject to verification), there just wouldn't be any future in doing it to obtain a cat for nefarious purposes.

The OP had a very specific request, but maybe he/she was fixated on some photo or painting they saw.

p&r

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

And what worries me the most, but maybe I am paranoid, is that this request is coming during Halloween time.... I don't know this person, it is a new member, so no one knows.... and I don't want to imply anything, I just think it is very strange.

Usually Shelters and rescues do not adopt black kitties or kittens during Halloween because of satanic cults sacrifices, and this request below is WAY too specific for me to not be considered weird IMO... But, as I said I am paranoid... But really...??? Do kitties need to be like this to be loved?
I must be paranoid too because I was thinking the exact same thing! I'm sorry but something just smells a bit fishy, especially seeing as how the OP hasn't responded as of yet.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Massachusetts is the home of "witches", "witchcraft", "Salem witch trials". I never noticed this person was from there. I'd be very concerned.

Also black kittens would have blue eyes if under 3 months old! They would not keep them when older - they would have gold or green-gold eye color as adults.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This person has been a member since 2005.
Where did anyone find that they were from MA?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by zohdee

They are from MA as well. I never thought about that.
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Massachusetts is the home of "witches", "witchcraft", "Salem witch trials". I never noticed this person was from there. I'd be very concerned.
Oh yes, I absolutely understand your concern.
Why you can't walk down the street without running into some type of witchcraft.
Animal sacrifices are the norm here and not just during Halloween.

Thankfully the "witches" don't stereotype people.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are not stopping black cat adoptions this year apart from on Saturday itself and not because of cults but there are just too many spooky noises and open doors for any new animal to be in the home so we are stopping all adoptions.

That being said, if the person was in an apartment and home all night (apartments do not let trick or treaters go door to door here) we may make exceptions.

We do not know the reason behind the persons request. I have wanted an orange long-haired bigger polydactyl kitten as long as I can remember, Quincy is our sixth cat and while he has some orange fur, he isnt a polydactyl and yet I love every single one of my cats.

The number of times someone comes into the shelter looking for a very specific cat, an orange tabby, a female, whatever, and then leaves totally in love with the exact opposite of what they wanted is huge so I wouldnt put too much emphasis on the possible reasons for this persons choices, especially as they are unlikely to find what they are looking for before Halloween if they are picky about the traits