I feel like a bad "cat" mommy...

marinewife05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Before we moved here I found a new home for my part Siamese cat named Pixie. I was under the impression we couldn't have cats here. Pixie was an outdoor cat and loved to run inside, but where we lived we weren't even supposed to have pets. I did get her spayed after she had a litter of kittens that got mauled by something outside..it was terrible. I still feel bad about that too. Anyway, I emailed the lady I gave her too yesterday to see how she was doing (it's been 10-11 months since we moved). She emailed me back this morning and said that Pixie was in hiding for several days and then one day darted outside and they weren't able to find her. I bet she came looking for me. Even though she was an outside cat it was a new area I have no idea what happened to her and I feel just awful.

Here's a picture of my sweet baby. I just wish I knew if she found a new home or what.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pixie is beautiful. I hope that somebody found her and gave her a good home.

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know exactly how you feel.

We are going to be moving in a few weeks too. I don't know what I'm going to do with Dusty. She is used to being outside all day and inside at night. I will be afraid to let her out at all being in a new neighborhood. I believe she would try to find her way "home" and get killed in the process. But her yowling all day to go out is going to drive me mad. Pray for me.

I hope little Pixie found a new home too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marinewife05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dusty's Mom

I know exactly how you feel.

We are going to be moving in a few weeks too. I don't know what I'm going to do with Dusty. She is used to being outside all day and inside at night. I will be afraid to let her out at all being in a new neighborhood. I believe she would try to find her way "home" and get killed in the process. But her yowling all day to go out is going to drive me mad. Pray for me.

I hope little Pixie found a new home too.
Do you have a dog kennel or anything? Something you can put her in and take her outside daily until maybe she learns the scent of her new surroundings? I don't know if it'll help, but it might.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pixie is a beautiful Lynx Point! I'm sure someone has given her a loving home. I know that if I found such a pretty kitty in need (or any kitty), I would open my heart to it. Just keep that in mind, she probably has a great home that she chose. *hugs*

cattoys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hoping soon she will totally love to be with her, those eyes were so irresistible.

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marinewife05

Do you have a dog kennel or anything? Something you can put her in and take her outside daily until maybe she learns the scent of her new surroundings? I don't know if it'll help, but it might.
No dog kennel, but I do have a soft-sided cat carrier for trips to the vet.

The last time I moved with an outdoor cat was tragic. I moved to Orange Co., CA and my cat was used to being outside at night. She howled all night. Finally I put her in the bathroom with a litter box and food, but she could open the door and get out, back on my bed. Several days of this and I am without sleep and starting a new job. Finally I let her out, and that was the last we saw of her. My dau. said she heard her crying and we found fur pieces. I think a coyote got her.

We don't have coyote's in the new neighborhood. At least I don't think so. But I am scared to death that this move won't go well for her. I love her so much. It would kill me if she was hurt or worse.