MP3 player question

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My car has an auxiliary outlet, so I just bought a cord and use that. Works great. Though I do have to replace it every six months or so because the sound goes out. But they're pretty cheap (about 15 bucks), so it's not a big deal.

My BF has an older car so he uses the same the Rigel does and it works just the same for him. The sound quality isn't perfect, but it works just fine.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our car has an auxiliary jack too, so we have an adapter where you plug one end into the headphone jack of the MP3 player, and the other end into the aux. jack, and music comes out the speakers

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My truck has a jack in it, so I just plug it in

Hubbys van does not, he uses a FM transmitter.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If your car doesn't have an auxiliary jack the best thing to do is just get a new stereo or install an auxiliary jack but I ...I wondered the same thing, my car's stereo has no tape player so I can't use the casette method and FM transmitters are so unreliable, as you move the frequency changes so it constantly messes up...

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an auxiliary cable for my car, since my cd player has a small outlet/jack. The controls can also be used to manipulate the Ipod, which is nice. We're planning on getting a transmitter for my husband's car, but the good ones are a little pricey.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

....... and FM transmitters are so unreliable, as you move the frequency changes so it constantly messes up...
I think it depends on the FM transmitter. DH has never had a problem with his, although it is one of the pricier ones. (I got it for him for xmas one year)

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I am old fashioned. My car came with a cd player that can hold up to 6 cds. It doesn't have a aux jack to plug into and I have never had good luck with FM transmitters, so I burn my playlists onto cds.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

I guess I am old fashioned. My car came with a cd player that can hold up to 6 cds. It doesn't have a aux jack to plug into and I have never had good luck with FM transmitters, so I burn my playlists onto cds.
I guess I am too

I never use my ipod in the car, I either listen to a CD or the radio

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

I think it depends on the FM transmitter. DH has never had a problem with his, although it is one of the pricier ones. (I got it for him for xmas one year)
Yep, I have a FM transmitter as well, and I almost never have a problem with it. I leave the radio and the transmitter set on one station all the time; never have to change it. There's only a few times I can remember that I had a problem with it, and that was when we were on some backroads in Vermont or New Hampshire up north.

If you pick a FM station that comes in no matter where you go, like mine is set on 96.3, it should almost always come in.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We also use FM transmitters. But, I have to. My car ONLY has a radio. No tape, no CD (how is THAT for old fashioned??).

However, the next car we get, I want the aux. jack. It'll just be easier that way.