What are you dressing up as?

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Are you dressing up this halloween?

10 more days until we can act like total fools without being thought of as crazy...

So, if you're comfortable, share what you'll be and perhaps a picture!

Also, do you dress your kitties up for halloween too?

http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h295/lt_cmdr_data/?action=view&current=BethKittycostume.jpg

I decided to be a kitty this year (again) and finally found the cutest ears ever, they came with a headband which I removed and then just clipped them to my head.

I plan on making little "kitten mittens" out of black gloves and pink fleece fabric. ^^ Plus drawing a little nose and whiskers on.

I do plan on dressing Bean Bean up this halloween and showcasing him to the trick or treaters. I think he will like the attention. Of course, if he does spaz out I promise to return him faithfully back to his basement with lots of toys and nummy treats.

http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h295/lt_cmdr_data/?action=view&current=littlepumpkinbean.jpg

He did great with the costume btw, he didn't fuss around at all after I put it on. Surprising huh???
I wish all my previous cats were this well behaved.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im going to more than likely be a Perkins employee for Halloween but if I could dress up Id be a potato..lol..Since my life long goal is to be a professional couch potato..lol or In classier terms it would be a CEO of Laz-E-Boy lmao

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just because you're 19 doesn't mean you can't dress up. Adults dress up to give out candy or go to parties. I'm going to a party this year. I'm dressing up as a cat also. I want a better tail, but I can't find one fluffy enough. I don't know how to make my own....

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rachelh1018

Just because you're 19 doesn't mean you can't dress up. Adults dress up to give out candy or go to parties. I'm going to a party this year. I'm dressing up as a cat also. I want a better tail, but I can't find one fluffy enough. I don't know how to make my own....
That's why I put (JMO) in my response. Course it doesn't mean other people can't dress up, it's just my opinion.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is what I'd like to get:

And I just discovered it's sold by my employer!

Not sure how it would be taken in this neighborhood, however.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Might depend on if yellow is your color.
I can't imagine people would protest much.

I'm not dressing up. My MIL will probably be coming over to hand out candy (she doesn't get any kids in the country) and I had planned on making a nice supper. I could always wear one of my death or black metal shirts and answer the door if I want to spook/creep people out, though.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me and one of my friends are going as a villain from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, known as the Gentlemen.

We've devised a system so it appears like we are floating. It took a while but 3 months and $250 later, we finally got it.

Here's what they look like up close.

Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

At 19 I'm past dressing up (JMO) and very rarely dress the kitties up, but used to a lot when I was younger.
So? I'm older than you and I still dress up.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont think i will be dressing up this year
And that makes me sad. I will be taking the Beau to the airport super early Sunday morning. I may throw something together for Friday night if we go out. Dont know what though. I may see if my duct tape dress is still in OK shape or go as a Disco ball again
The duct tape dress is still one of my fave costumes ever!

If I do end up throwing something together last minute I have pieces from A LOT of costumes! I always do theme parties lol!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I LOVE outfits made from duct tape!!

WellingtonCats - I am 21
. Halloween is my favorite holliday and I love dressing up.

rachelh1018 - My cat tail kinda sucks too.
Maybe I will find a template for next year when I have more time and attempt to make my own. I've seen some pretty awesome huge fluffy homemade ones, and I saw the perfect material that I'd love to use at Jo-Ann fabrics today.

Unfortunately, the Halloween walk at Greenfield Village is in just 2 days and I only just now got my costume together. The only thing I had time to make were my pretty (lame) kitty paws.

That I just now finished working on. I hope the glue dries and holds okay!

http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h295/lt_cmdr_data/?action=view&current=Bethskittypaw.jpg

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekomania

rachelh1018 - My cat tail kinda sucks too.
Maybe I will find a template for next year when I have more time and attempt to make my own. I've seen some pretty awesome huge fluffy homemade ones, and I saw the perfect material that I'd love to use at Jo-Ann fabrics today.

Unfortunately, the Halloween walk at Greenfield Village is in just 2 days and I only just now got my costume together. The only thing I had time to make were my pretty (lame) kitty paws.

That I just now finished working on. I hope the glue dries and holds okay!

http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h295/lt_cmdr_data/?action=view&current=Bethskittypaw.jpg
I love your kitty paws! They are adorable!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I LOVE outfits made from duct tape!!

WellingtonCats - I am 21
. Halloween is my favorite holliday and I love dressing up.
Yeah I realise you're 21 - sorry I wasn't making it out that we're too old to have fun. I like dressing up for other things, in my country Halloween doesn't really seem as much of a deal as in the States. The only costumes you can really get here are cheap witches or slutty playboy bunny type costumes.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Are you dressing up this halloween?

10 more days until we can act like total fools without being thought of as crazy...

So, if you're comfortable, share what you'll be and perhaps a picture!

Also, do you dress your kitties up for halloween too?

I do plan on dressing Bean Bean up this halloween and showcasing him to the trick or treaters. I think he will like the attention. Of course, if he does spaz out I promise to return him faithfully back to his basement with lots of toys and nummy treats.

http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h295/lt_cmdr_data/?action=view&current=littlepumpkinbean.jpg

He did great with the costume btw, he didn't fuss around at all after I put it on. Surprising huh???
I wish all my previous cats were this well behaved.
I would strongly caution you to leave Bean in the basement with soft music playing, lots of treats and toys. Halloween is scary for cats- costumes, loud kids, the door opening and closing. You could lose him in a heartbeat and cats on the loose during Halloween can come into harm's way.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Yeah I realise you're 21 - sorry I wasn't making it out that we're too old to have fun. I like dressing up for other things, in my country Halloween doesn't really seem as much of a deal as in the States. The only costumes you can really get here are cheap witches or slutty playboy bunny type costumes.
Yep, it sucks aye? I love seeing people in costumes and what they dress up as, its so much fun. But not here in NZ - unless you fork over a lot of money at a costume shop and there aren't that many.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I hear you. It's even hard to find a decent costume in the states with all the promiscuous sexy outfits floating around the halloween shops.

You can't be a cat unless you're going to be a cat dressed in a see-thru teddy with knee high black stilettos.
So every year I usually come up with something on my own, or combining different outfits that I find.

I'm starting to feel too old to play dressup too.
But I just can't let go of that kid inside of me. I'll be good and not go trick-or-treating this year though.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Halloween isnt really a big thing over here, ive noticed our shops this year doesnt really have much in

im not sure if im getting dressed up, it all depends if im working.....if i am i have to get dressed up as the pub is having a halloween party