Ever had this happen? Life's embarrasing moments...

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
You may have read that we have taken in a stray mom and her 3 kittens this week. To make a long story short, a kind woman that lives behind my workplace was caring for them outdoors. She can't take them due to severe allergies, etc., but really loves them. Anyway, she trapped the last 2 for me yesterday, and had them in the huge dog crate I loaned her (this was to temporarily house them in her laundry room). One was pretty wild, and she was afraid he'd scratch her, so she suggested that we keep them in the crate; she has a van, and suggested following me home with them. Apart from the "Oh my God, my house is filthy!" thoughts I had (I've been very sick the past week, and was suffering from exhaustion, and couldn't do much cleaning), I had even more embarrasment in store!

Ok, DH & I reenact 18th Century/Rev War. I had bought a leather corset from eBay; though made for fantasy/sci-fi costumes, she modeled it on 18th C. stays (which sometimes were made of leather for durabilty--trust me, they are NOT sexy by any standard). Anyhoo, I had it in a drawer in the cat room; the drawer was on the bed, due to Junior's getting under that dresser (long story). We were trying to find him. I lifted the towel over the drawer, forgetting that the corset was there. I wonder what she thought?

Oh, it gets better! For a Halloween party, I planned on making an 1860's riding habit (scrapped the idea when I got sick). I had bought a riding whip from eBay to carry. Guess where that was?

Great. Now my "neighbor" at work must think that I engage in "alternative lifestyles"...

What are your similar stories? (Please try to keep it as clean as possible, due to forum rules!
)

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any stories like that, though I remember one member's story on here that had something to do with her husband answering the door dressed up... as a wizard, iirc - it might have been something else, it's been a while.

Maybe she just thought you had an interesting Halloween planned?

Found the police and wizard thread

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hilarious, Marcecat, thanks for the laugh!

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We keep a dressage whip in our dining room. Thankfully most of our friends KNOW I'm a horse-back rider and don't give it two thoughts. It's actually here because the top is broken & my son loves to whip it around (gently) so the cats can chase after it
. It's still quite amusing when he runs and grabs it while we have company over, then I have to explain...

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not embarassing for me, but when cleaning out Mom's things last year my niece found evidence that her grandparents were "affectionate".

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is funny. Once my boyfriend called me from his work and told me he found my panties in his shirt! The static from the laundry caused them to stick inside and they fell out of his shirt!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, so should we call you "Mistress Marge" from now on??
Too funny!

As for me, I plead the 5th
. Let's just say....well, never mind.

Just to add an "ewwww" factor in here, when I was cleaning out my parents' house I found a box of...well, let me put it this way. My parents never dressed up for Halloween or an reinactment, and neither one was EVER a cop. Get my drift? EWWWWW.......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
calico2222;2748420 said:
LOL, so should we call you "Mistress Marge" from now on??

Yes, you miserable little worm...now, lick my boots!
(Sorry, I just had to say that!)

The cop costume story is hysterical, but kinda creepy when it's your own parents!

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im constantly embarassing myself whether at work or at home. I trip over my own two feet constantly...I did it and face planted in front of a table at work!!!! Thankfully I had an empty tray!!! In 9 yrs of serving Ive only ever dropped one thing and that was because the manager trayed the food up weird and when I picked up one plated the other toppled off!!! Not on a customer mind you!! At home my BF makes fun of me because my toes and legs are always black and blue cuz I trip and fall over EVERYTHING!!! Its funny now but when we were in the first stages of living together it was embarassing...Plus when we first got together I would wait till he fell asleep at night to go #2 but nowadays its like "hey gotta poo cya later"..lol...

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine was when a pair of "special" undies got into the diapers for out diaper service by mistake. When the clean diapers were delivered, the undies in question were cleaned and nicely folded on top of the diapers. I never met the delivery man in person again after that, I just let him leave the diapers on the porch.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rachelh1018

That is funny. Once my boyfriend called me from his work and told me he found my panties in his shirt! The static from the laundry caused them to stick inside and they fell out of his shirt!
That ol' static cling!

I was walking into the grocery store one day and a pair of underwear fell out of my pant leg!

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nes

We keep a dressage whip in our dining room. Thankfully most of our friends KNOW I'm a horse-back rider and don't give it two thoughts. It's actually here because the top is broken & my son loves to whip it around (gently) so the cats can chase after it
. It's still quite amusing when he runs and grabs it while we have company over, then I have to explain...
What is a dressae whip? I hope that is not as bad as it sounds. (for the horses)

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

What is a dressae whip? I hope that is not as bad as it sounds. (for the horses)
Nes will answer this better than I, but just to put your mind at ease, it is not a bad thing. Basically, it is an instrument that gives kind of a "nugde" to remind the horse what it needs to do. It's not a "whip" whip which will break the skin. Nes will explain exactly how she uses it, but it doesn't hurt the horse.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll sometimes have a stray sock or dryer sheet fall out of clothing. No undies yet, those don't get washed with shirts or pants.

Dropping that stray sock in public is weird, though. Assuming no one actually seen it fall from you, do you turn back and retrieve it? Or do you give up a perfectly good sock. Same question for those that have dropped undies - do you pretend not to notice if possible?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I'll sometimes have a stray sock or dryer sheet fall out of clothing. No undies yet, those don't get washed with shirts or pants.

Dropping that stray sock in public is weird, though. Assuming no one actually seen it fall from you, do you turn back and retrieve it? Or do you give up a perfectly good sock. Same question for those that have dropped undies - do you pretend not to notice if possible?
I had the undies thing happen while in biology class in high school. We hadn't desks, but small tables; 2 people sat at each one. Of course, when this happened, my seat-mate was a guy that I really liked. Anyway, I'm sitting there, listening to the teacher drone on and on, then I feel something fabricy under my right foot. Yep. Pink and lacy, too. I tried to think of discreet ways to pick them up with my foot, without Jim seeing them!

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Id pick them up! Noones gonna be walking thru any store seeing my Spongebob or Tinkerbell undie pants..no thank you!! :eek:) Socks I could care less about because I have a million and one black socks and they are the only kind I buy cuz I only wear socks for work at home I got bare tootsies!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Golden Retriever used to always need a toy in her mouth whenever we came home (to greet us with.) If she couldn't find a toy she would sometimes grab something out of the laundry basket like a pair of socks. Unfortunately one time I had brought a friend over when I came home and my dog came to the door carrying a pair of underwear!