Meet The Breeds/Cats on Regis and Kelly (Go Scooter!)

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Last weekend, CFA and AKC hosted their first collaborative Meet the Breeds event at the Javits Center in NYC. My sister/cattery partner, Sharlene, and I were there to assist with the Egyptian Mau booth (if you come across photos of people in Cleopatra costumes, that would be us!
)

Sharlene and Caroline (of D'otz cattery) agressively campaigned for a personable Mau boy to be on the Regis and Kelly show Monday morning. These three made the most wonderful team, and they gathered up enough votes for Scooter to make the show! You can see footage here:
http://link.brightcove.com/services/...id=45347620001

Scooter is the most gentle boy and a true ambassador for the breed. He allowed Sharlene to handle him in front of a large crowd for over 2 hours straight. The guests at the event happily pet him, and he became so relaxed that he fell asleep in Sharlene's arms. I am overjoyed to be able to show with this boy next weekend. Not to mention, he's out of my precious Niles! Very partial here

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thats so cool. I know Caroline, have met her at a few shows now and have her on Facebook. She had mentioned discussing Maus with Whoopie Goldberg?!?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sohni

Thats so cool. I know Caroline, have met her at a few shows now and have her on Facebook. She had mentioned discussing Maus with Whoopie Goldberg?!?
Indeed, she did! Caroline is a wonderful spokesperson for the breed. . . Both she and Sharlene were cool as cucumbers about it (Sharlene handling, Caroline talking) It must have been a 10-15 minute long conversation as well. . . or at least it felt like it! I got to tell an incredulous Susan that Whoopi Goldberg was petting her cat

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Our Ocicat group had some there too - with photos - they just shared with the group members
I saw the pics but had no idea what they were for