Question of the Day: Tues. Oct. 20

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there a movie that you would watch over and over?

How about a book that you would read a few times?

Or are you a person who can only read/watch things once?

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm normally a read/watch once kind of girl but my favourite musicals I can watch anytime. These include Grease, Sweeny Todd, Hairspray etc.

40 year old virgin is my favourite movie and it never fails to make me laugh (and cry!). I can imagine watching Inglorious basterds time and time again too.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
my film is Interview with a vampire i could watch it all the time

my books are harry potter i know them nearly word for word now haha

i do however tend to only read my crime books once and then they collect dust same with most films

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have a favourite film that I'd watch over and over, but I'm usually fine re-watching TV shows and older movies on TV. I can see things a few times without getting sick of them.
The only books I've re-read are ones I first read when I was very young.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are several movies that I can watch over & over:
any of the Lord of the Rings films
Tombstone
Gladiator

Books that I've read several times:
any Harry Potter books
To Kill a Mockingbird (I've probably read that a dozen times)

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can watch or read things over and over. I work with a woman who will only rent what is new out on video.
There are so many good older films! and forget about her watching a movie a second time, ever.

I read Bill Bryson: A walk in the woods annually;
also my Caleb Carr books : The Alienist and Angel of Darkness; also, Boris Akunin, his Erast Fandorin novels.

Movies are too numerous to mention!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two movies that I can watch over and over:

Close Encounters of the Third Kind
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (with Gene Tierney and Rex Harrison...*sigh*...so romantic!

I could read Children of Men over and over again.

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll watch SOUND OF MUSIC, MARLEY&ME, MOULIN ROUGE, THE OTHERS over and over again. Books I read over and over again are Charles Dickens. Lillian Jackson Braun, Stephen King, Dean Koontz.

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes I do!! I can read "Call of the Wild" and "White Fang" by Jack London over and over again, I just love those books and have since I was in elementary school
. I also can read "Great Expectations" by Charles Dickens....one word AMAZING! And I also love "Man O' War" cant remember who wrote it, its really good as well.

Movies-- "A Knights Tale" love Heath
! "The Holiday" --Jude Law
There are more I just cant think right now!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Movie wise - The Star Trek films and lots of musicals including Phantom of the Opera, and comedy films with Martin and Lewis, Abbott and Costello, Shirley Temple...

Books? Always love ones like the Oz books and am now rereading for the umpteenth time THe House of Scorpio by Pat Wallace. It's in pitiful shape but copies I've seen online fo for around $50 and up - for a paperback that came out in 1975!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Is there a movie that you would watch over and over?

How about a book that you would read a few times?

Or are you a person who can only read/watch things once?
I listen to music over and over, no problem. I do the same with a couple of movies and a TV series (X-files). I can read things over too. And eat the same things over and over. See a pattern

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of books I re-read. Books are mostly by: Piers Anthony. Robert Lynn Aspirin, Dick Francis, John Francombe (sp) and maybe a couple of others.

Movies: must have watched I, Robot a dozen times or more, love that show, same applies to Pirates of the Carribean, and a couple of the Potter films.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've watched a bunch of movies over and over again. One that hubby and I both love and have watched hundreds of times is Love Actually. We both absolutely love that movie.

I've read a bunch of children's books over and over again. lol I don't usually read adult books more than once. I already know what happens so the interest just isn't there anymore. My husband on the other hand, he'll read books more than once.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've answered the first question a handful of times on here.

Not unless it's non-fiction that I rechecking facts in. And then it's only part, not the whole book.

Typically yes. I have too much stuff to read to waste time rereading something I generally have no problem remembering (I still remember stuff I've read from when I was 3-4 years old). The same with tv and movies.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Years ago I watched The Godfather over and over. Anytime Meet the Parents are on TV, I always watch. I never read a book more than once tho. I have a spreadsheet with all the books I read and saved to a floppy, when I go to the library I bring the printed copy with me so I don't make the mistake of getting a book I've already read. When I get home I add the new books to the list.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nanner

I have two movies that I can watch over and over:

Close Encounters of the Third Kind
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (with Gene Tierney and Rex Harrison...*sigh*...so romantic!

I could read Children of Men over and over again.
I love Children of Men! (The movie)

Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I'm normally a read/watch once kind of girl but my favourite musicals I can watch anytime. These include Grease, Sweeny Todd, Hairspray etc.

40 year old virgin is my favourite movie and it never fails to make me laugh (and cry!). I can imagine watching Inglorious basterds time and time again too.
Forget to mention I can watch the TV show Friends over and over!