Vote for September 2009

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for all of the wonderful entries for the September Photo Contest - Do Not Disturb a Cat in Bed! Congratulations to our finalists, as determined by our site team. To make it fair, we did institute a rule that we could not vote for our own pictures. We were each allowed to vote for 10 photos, and these constitute the ones that 1/2 of us voted for. (I want to make this as transparent as possible so everyone knows this is a fair process.)

This poll will be open for 1 week. Each member can vote for one of our finalists, and you can vote for your own photo if you want to. You did not have to enter a photo to be able to vote. The top photos will be featured in a 2010 Calendar that will be offered for sale through Cafe Press at the TCS Store. The 2009 calendar can be seen here: http://www.cafepress.com/shoptcs.330537492

The top 3 will receive points (1st: 5000 points, 2nd: 2500 points, 3rd: 1000 points) and a custom signature showing the whole site that they have Mr./Ms. September on TCS! And, of course, bragging rights. The winner will also have a 2010 TCS Calendar that will go on sale later this year sent to them!

The photos will appear in the next post, in alphabetical order.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just wanted to add that this was, by FAR, the hardest one yet to narrow down to the finalists. One of the team referred to it as "brutal" to try to narrow it down! Fabulous pictures submitted - all 59 of them - by all!!

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Awesome pictures again!!
I've narrowed my choices down to the two that looked ready to kill if disturbed, but geeez!
Which one to choose!!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is hard. But I think I go for Jamie, as he looks like he HAS been disturbed from sleep and is just about to express his displeasure - that is when he wakes up fully!

lilyluvscats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have an idea and or suggestion. I will still buy your beautiful calendar no matter what.....but since there are so many members here and so many gorgeous cats and some of us might never make the finals.....maybe one year you could make one of those cat a day type calendars where everyone would get a chance to spotlight their cat. Just an idea. Or one of those calendars where ther are numerous pictures on each month. I've seen those before too.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

That is hard. But I think I go for Jamie, as he looks like he HAS been disturbed from sleep and is just about to express his displeasure - that is when he wakes up fully!
Gary and I interpreted the "Do not disturb a cat in bed theme" differently - but that is hysterical!
We took it to mean a kitty SO ensconced (in a human bed) that you don't want to disturb the kitty - even if you're supposed to be changing the sheets or going to bed or something.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lilyluvscats

I have an idea and or suggestion. I will still buy your beautiful calendar no matter what.....but since there are so many members here and so many gorgeous cats and some of us might never make the finals.....maybe one year you could make one of those cat a day type calendars where everyone would get a chance to spotlight their cat. Just an idea. Or one of those calendars where ther are numerous pictures on each month. I've seen those before too.
That is really a great idea...but (there's always a "but", isn't there?) the problem is the costs associated with getting that type of calendar done. The calendar type we decided on (traditional calendar) is offered through Cafe Press, which is a print-on-demand service. Honestly, we didn't even make up the cost to send the monthly winners their calendars last year with this set up, which was fine but it certainly didn't raise money for TCS or a charity (had there been a profit, that would have been the discussion, and will be this year if there is a profit on the calendars and other items).

Doing a calendar like a page-a-day or 365-TCS-Cats Calendar would have to be a special order print job where we would have to place the order up front for x number of calendars and then *hope* we would sell them, putting a great expense on Anne. If you know of a print-on-demand service that would do a calendar like this, I would be thrilled to know about it!

lilyluvscats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had a feeling that would be very expensive. Oh well. It was just a thought. I don't know anyone in that type of business. Sigh.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Arghhhh it's a lot harder when you can only choose ONE photo! I still can't decide...

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

It was hard to choose again but I went for Riley because that tummy screams tickle me
Awww Riley thanks you for the vote and says that sure, you can tickle my tummy!

(Don't do it, its a trap. You'll lose flesh!)