Grieving

alan b

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our 6 year old Siamese boy,Coco,died this week after contracting herpes virus.He had recently had his annual innoculation but the vet said this would not have countered the virus.Have any other owners suffered this fate?

Needless to say we are devastated at his death.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry
RIP Coco

One of my cats has the herpes virus that reoccurs. He usually has to get at least 2 rounds of antibiotics a year, and he takes L-Lysine to help him build his immune system.

tiberius709

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Alan B

Our 6 year old Siamese boy,Coco,died this week after contracting herpes virus.He had recently had his annual innoculation but the vet said this would not have countered the virus.Have any other owners suffered this fate?

Needless to say we are devastated at his death.
I don't know anything about this, but I am sorry for your loss.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a cat with the herpe virus, but he has had 2 flare ups and made it through both of them. They have been very bad. He won't eat, drink or do anything but sleep. So I have to sub-q him 2 x a day & force feed him.

I am so sorry for your loss.

babz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss.
I've never had to deal with a cat that had this virus, but I have experienced the lost of a beloved cat. Again, my heart goes out to you and I'm so sorry for your pain.

RIP Coco

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alan b

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your kind words of sympathy.We miss him so much.

Alan in Manchester,UK

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Alan, I have lost one kitten to the herpes virus. It was just so far advanced that there was little the vets could do to help him. I also have four here with active herpes which I keep under control with L Lysine and GSE. I am sorry you lost your precious one and hope soon you can open up your heart and home to another.